/trek/

Why didn't they just send DS9 through the wormhole?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3MoHcYtZiU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why didn't the dominion just throw rocks through the wormhole to detonate the mines, or even better just do that wide beam phaser thing and destroy them that way?

Just finished watching the mid season finale of DIS. It was really good. What did you guys think?

DIS keeps getting better. I have feeling season 2 will be as good as TNG

Why didn't the Xindi just fire a bunch of rocks at Earth like the radical Belter faction does in The Expanse?
Why didn't the Borg just assimilate the first caveman?

Well it's a legitimate question here. They knew the mines were there, they knew that the replicators couldn't make an infinite amount, so why not just throw anything through it to eat the mines?

I'm serious about the Xindi thing, too. It's a plot hole--the whole scheme Enterprise goes to stop is so fucking convoluted, there's no way that anyone sane could have possibly been involved in planning it

it's already better than season 1 TNG, though that's true of most tv shows I guess.

Because the mines just replaced themselves

stop false flagging already

They couldn't do it forever though, there had to have been a limit to how many more they could make.

What part of 'self-replicating' don't you understand?

It's the 24th century fool. The mines probably filtered out space rocks.

Best episode so far.

I guess they just didn't try very hard

What part of every other trek series explicitly showing that they have to have material to work with in order to replicate something. It's a giant plot point of voyager (for a while)

And with more (((high quality))) action

>If it weren't for makeup this franchise wouldn't have won any awards and it wouldn't have survived.

Star Trek is more than make up, we knew about the houses but the Klingons are so far from canon and look in every sense...
We should be seeing Augment Klingons that care about war more than honor or expansion.. instead we get the fucking Remans from Star Trek: The Wrath of Contractual Obligations

That's not from the latest episode

speaking of which: holodecks make no sense at all.

Why did Lorca want to go to the mirror universe?

Because it's more interesting than the actual show

How does a holodeck manage to make a forcefield soft like when you're inside of a prime Tasha Yar while being part of the rape gangs?

What the hell am I looking at here?

>I'm FCA

A scene that takes place inside someone's mind and shouldn't be taken literally.

Actually looks like Legate Broca

Because Lorca is obviously from the mirror universe originally.

Sarek kicking Michael out of his dream

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

STD is the Planned Parenthood of sci-fi. They like to say that they're all about great big, noble concepts like figuring out what it means to be human, exploring new worlds and exploring the galaxy, when really they're just a place to see an abortion.

Tell me about Breen! Why does he wear the mask?!

It's time to crash Cardassia Prime
With no survivors

What tactical advantage would the gain?

Interesting theory. Didn't he say "let's go home" before he made the override?

Please stop

"Commander tell me about your sexual organs"

It's a major battlestation and a big part of,the federation's army, it could,be a big force in the war.

I'll ask again what tactical advantage do they gain by sending DS9 through the wormhole?

The trial never ends, /trek/.

>big part of,the federation's army,
The station is Bajoran property, it's run by the Federation because after the occupation Bajor wasn't going to turn down free support from the biggest power in the quadrant, especially with the Cardassians always ready to exploit any weaknesses that presented themselves. They probably wouldn't be too happy if the Federation sent it through the wormhole and away from their system.

Just finished my rewatch of tng, was going to start DS9 and I've only ever seen a few random episodes. Does the first season suck as bad as TNG?

It's not as bad but still not great
Was still figuring itself out

Most of DS9 season 1 is boring. The last 2 episodes of season 1 are great. NO SKIPPING.

Maybe Voyager got self-replicating torpedos.

Is this image real? I would love that.

*blocks your path*

Why does Star Trek now have to rip off more popular franchises instead of being its own thing?

Yeah, Star Trek never rips off anything else. TOS never ripped off Forbidden Planet. DS9 never ripped off B5. Voyager never ripped off Gilligan's Island. Be original, Star Trek!

>more popular franchises

Gilligan's Island is more popular than Voyager.

If the replicators process the debris from the blown up ships they could go on long enough.

>Voyager never ripped off TNG

ftfy

I don't know if you're aware but star trek on the screen has never been very profitable. The shows are always being cancelled or are very close to it and none of the movies have been very succesful. The business model of the franchise owners is to release a title every few years to remind the fan base to buy the toys.
With that in mind. Where are my official Star Trek Lego sets?

>Where are my official Star Trek Lego sets?
Lego already has Star Wars so they have no desire to touch Star Trek.
Mega Bloks made a very nice TOS Enterprise though

>The shows are always being cancelled or are very close to it
that's only TOS and ENT tho. TNG had a rocky start, sure, but there wasn't any talk of it getting cancelled, no matter what the cast might've thought early on. DS9 and VOY were on the same boat and even though neither gained the same popularity as TNG, they still got those easy 7 seasons. But going back to TOS and ENT, both had the problem of the main forces behind the shows not giving a shit. With TOS it happened in season 3, when Roddenberry was barely around to smooch execs and they had writer drama and with ENT the writing staff was troubled from the start and only got its groove on in the last season, but it was too late then.

That DISCO Fall Midseason Finale be the most satisfying episode of anything I've seen in a while. I love the way the show handled its characters, particularly Ash, Stamets and the Doc. Michael was at her best too. And some humanity and compassion from Lorca!

And those visuals, the intrigue, and possibly a third love story? I couldn't have asked for more, you guys.

at this point I honestly can't tell if this is real or ironic shilling.

>Forbidden Planet. DS9 never ripped off B5. Voyager never ripped off Gilligan's Island

Forbidden Planet ripped off The Temptest
B5 ripped off every trope in sci-fi then turned it around giving a good story for 3.5 seasons and DS9 didn't rip it off, it straight photocopied the handbook.
Gilligan's Island ripped off Robinson Carusoe

agreed. dumbest shit ever to send a lone starship to literal multiple species trying to wipe your shit. if they didn't fuck around and just send 100 xindi ships to kill NX01 it's all over

I believe he said something akin to that when talking to Staments before although with that context it's a bit more sinister because he said something along the line of Staments never needing to make another jump and he would be helpful in understanding etc and then the whole alright people lets go home and suddenly he fucks with the jump and they're in an inverted reality..

"Please, demonstrate how this is accomplished."

so guys can we talk about how DISCO is a fucking abomination and definitely does not deserve the moniker "star trek" in any way, both literally and out of respect to the canon?

fuck everything about it desu. have to force myself to smoke weed to get through an episode

ok, it's enough.
it's enough!
this pointless, moronic pseudo-meme has been forced on every single /trek/ thread for years.
what the hell gives you the will and motivation to post it again and again and AGAIN?
why? just why?

It was Archer's idea to go alone, Earth insisted on MACOs coming. Also remember, at this point Earth had exactly two ships even remotely capable of handling the threat and one was still being bolted together.. It was either the NX-01 goes and hits before it's too late, or the NX-01 awaits the Xindi armada and earth is destroyed from Archer's point of view.

>be a degenerate
>criticize anything else

Why was the station called Deep Space 9, when it was orbiting a planet, and not in deep space?

I'd like to assemble a list of times that sex was included in star trek but in a way that was very unsexy and made me very uncomfortable.

>tell me about your sex organs
>cloudface alien asking bridge crew to fuck
>fully functional and anatomically correct
>troi mindrape (multiple occasions)
>troi alien conception
>all sex involving Trill
>the black girl in that TNG episode with the changling goo is about to have sex with georgi but explains they have to use a telepathic rock
>geordi on the holodeck
>barclay
>worf growling at bitches
>famke jensson
>link with me odo
>I can't link with you odo but cover me with your goo
>comfort women
>dukat cult leader sex
>holoprogram of kira
>mentally immature people with sexually mature bodies talking/doing sex (seven)
>nudity in ENT
>ferengi (feeeemales!)
>klingon clevage
and new addition as of last night
>klingon nipples

strawman all you want, the show is poorly done for whatever it's trying to be, succeeding neither at modern sci-fi nor classic star trek.
the dialogue is atrocious, the characters are flat, the style is a mess

Do self-oomax and Riker "going to the holo-deck" count?

>data has a girlfriend
>data and the borg queen
>lwaxanna
>people having sex with mirror universe versions of people they know
I haven't even seen TOS I bet it's loaded with gross sex shit.

I included famke jensson but that was because of the weirdness of her being a space sex slave and everyone being kind of okay with that.
Riker's "I'll be on holodeck 4" is hilarious and deserves a distinct mention

>youtube.com/watch?v=Q3MoHcYtZiU

skip to the last minute

Marina talks too goddamn much

>I haven't even seen TOS I bet it's loaded with gross sex shit.

oh man, you have no idea

full gene roddenboner

I assure you, I'm quite fertile

That article on pedofiles mentioned a lady whose tears make men fall in love with her and Bones warns Kirk not to let her touch him. I also remember seeing Kirk kissing women in a really exaggerated forceful way where he shoves his face over their mouth so you can't see that they aren't really kissing because it's TV. Those TV kisses are themselves pretty gross.

Axanar would have been given full studio funding if only they had included Beer Pong.

Why doesn't CBS license the trek name to these shitty fan productions? It's not like they're doing anything better with the franchise and they'll still have toy rights.

>Axanar
Why not, they already have the shady creator, terrible acting, embezzlement, and merchandising gimmick down.

Jesus Alec, that bait took less than a minute.

>ponn farr

>makes post on discussion board
>calls out others for engaging in discussion

Well, it’s official, we cracked the case. The Beer Pong STD Rager is disgraced Fan Film mogul Alec Peters.

Literally in the first episode they make it clear that the station has insufficient propulsion to make even short-distance travel impractical. Any wormhole would spit it out in a million pieces.

Yeah? Well if the profits aren't real how did they create all life on bajor? Checkmate, atheists!

fool all star trek tng, ds9, voy and ent suck for the first 3 seasons.

That's only true for ENT. TNG s3 is where glimmers of the great show begin to shine through and VOY sucks for the first 7 seasons. DS9 s1-3 is a little rough but no where near as bad as ENT 1-3 TNG1-2 or VOY1-7

>star trek fan films

What's the implication here?

That Lorca is sitting on the bridge of the ISS rather than the USS Discovery and so maybe he's from the mirror universe

What do sneaky bois do for fun, besides backstabbing their friends?

Are there coliseums where they force Remans to fight for their amusement?

you think it's just one person? Hell, I've posted that shit before just to fuck with you normies.

>Empire names their ship discovery and not some aggressive warlike name like Avenger or Devastator
They fucked up again

I hope they have an amusement park as well, like the Cardies do

>travel the galaxy
>discover new aliens
>kill them

>Are there coliseums where they force Remans to fight for their amusement?
Yes