Could this be adapted to western cinema, who would have the balls to direct it?

Could this be adapted to western cinema, who would have the balls to direct it?

I just started reading it and I don't really like it that much
>hur dur everything in the world is terrible

meh, I like lord of the rings better

Why should it be? Anime can just be anime, it should probably strive to be anime rather than trying to derive legitimacy from live action movie.

Why do the children of Sup Forums always want this sort of stuff to happen?
Once it does they start whining like good little sjws about who is cast

Once you get to the jolly adventurer party current arcs you're going to eat those words.

I've read up to and including The Eclipse. Should I continue? I hear it gets real sketchy real quick after The Eclipse.
Also how do I get into JoJo? Release order, is there some cape-tier fuckery going on? I don't know much about Manga.

TFW we live in a world were Rice balls in Anime get edited into sandwiches for the US relase

You're looking to deep into the OP. It's just a hypothetical scenario.

why are libshit girls obsessed with the word "dad"?

>Also how do I get into JoJo
Ask reddit, it makes up 99% of it's fanbase.

>not making Griffith female and letting female Griffith rape Guts instead of Casca
Let's be fair here, that change wouldn't be that bad as long as they cast someone hot as Griffith

I don't think Berserk can ever work in live action. The impossible size of Gut's sword alone would be too hard not to look silly, especially that one time where he wleids it with his mouth.

Guts coming through

>I hear it gets real sketchy real quick after The Eclipse
Lost children was a very good arc.

Just slap a blonde wig on me and call me Griffithsu

Seriously Sup Forumsedditors. You got your trash gits and death note and they were both trash
Why do you want more? Do you use the live action version as some sort of thing to show off your terrible entry level taste on twitter or something?

I'd rather get a proper anime adaptation. This 3D shit is garbage and they are ruining pretty much everything good about Berserk.

Hell, if the Japs can't do it right in anime, do you think the west can do it right in live action?

oh you're asking if this can be live action? no, never. Way way way too graphic; too much rape, a kid gets violently murdered, depictions of women being raped and murdered constantly. fuck no

Never seen this before. Was Raimi a Berserk fan?

This is irrelevant considering Berserk has more European characters than any other ethnic group. Plus not every anime character is Japanese which SJW's tend to forget.

Berserk is a weeb trash with poor story, lack of focus and idiotic characters that act not even remotely human. That alone makes it impossible to translate into film language.

>Karl Urban = Guts
>Dylan Sprouse(seriously look up how he looks like these days) = Griffith
>Vincent d'onofrio = Mozgus

Just some random casting choices I think would work really well

it gets sketchy after the second eclipse

golden age would be a good LOTR-esque film

His attitude makes sense once you finish the golden age. The comic opens with him at his lowest point in life.

Idris Elba as Guts, Griffith, and Casca

Yeah but do we really wanna see the Golden Arc adapted for a 3rd fucking time?

>too much rape
>rape
Does this look like rape to you, she's literally kissing him back.

How about they actually put some effort into an anime instead?
Movies were atleast watchable, both animes are trash.

This is a terrible adaption of the source material. The 90s anime had much better atmosphere.

Guts was only like 20 during the eclipse era

Nah, I'm simply not a manchild Sup Forumsedditor

The first anime adaptation was pretty good but hardly definitive, and the 2nd attempt had the poor 3D cgi. I'd happily watch a 3rd, as long as it didn't look like shit.

She did it because of the implication.

Honestly this. Aside from the CG, the movies had the best artwork and were the best adaptation.

But how will i show people how cultured i am?

>Sup Forums
>Sup Forumseddit
>Sup Forumsedditor
What is your obsession with Sup Forums when this thread is about Sup Forums? Was it autism?

The movies were colorful nu-male garbage void of all original grittiness.

So how come Marc Diraison and Kevin T. Collins aren't the ones picked to voice act the English Dub of the Berserk TV series now? Guts and Griffith isn't complete without them.

Sup Forums drones are the only ones that want this type of media brought to live action. This has been a fact for longer than you've been on this site

>grittiness
>meaning the originals were gritty because they were made by 3 tojos in a tokyo basement for 1200 yen

Secuduling issues

>Should I continue?
No it loses a lot momentum. Conviction Is worth reading though I wouldn't recommend the whole series.
>JoJo
Part 1 has aged roughly read if you're a fan of older comics. Watch the part 1 and 2 anime, read or watch part 3, then read parts 4+

DELET THIS

Del Toro obviously can't produce an epic, but he'd be good for the apostles and sets.

the 1997 anime was the best adaptation. it had the best soundtrack und better character development.

For having the bufget that would buy one figma, the first one is amazing, the score is iconic, the story is adapted amazingly and even the budget saving is done tastefully with the splash page panels from the comic + narration. If it has flaws I would say it was keeping the humor of the comic. The Manga needs levity because there is just hours and hours of grim misery, but a 22 minute episode doesn't need the mood lightened.

Del toro or bust

Unironically Michael Bay

You mean is Miura an Evil Dead fan, to which the answer is yes.

Berserk is pretty consistent in quality throughout, the only time it dips a bit is during the boat arc and a lot of it was exaggerated because of the long wait time between chapters

however if you read more just know that it will never be finished

I'll bite, how?

This. Miura personally supervised the 90s anime.

Grueseome spectacle, over the top hyper stylish violence
And because the writing is already serviceable/good enough he doesn't have to worry about the terrible fucking writing that infests many of his movies.

only a russian director could capture the grittiness of berserk.

But he also did that with the new anime, he even personally wrote an episode

>90% meandering dialogue and mud

Berserk isn't 'stylish violence'.

It could be finished in 5 years if Miura consistently released volumes each month and not go on hiatus.

Fuck yes can't wait
>Gutts - Tom Cruise
>Griffith - Jared Leto
>Casca - Sonequa Martin-Green
>Judeau - DJ Qualls
>Pippin - Dwayne Johnson

also best artstyle.

Why is this still up? why is Sup Forums given free reign over this board?

we have this thread every day

he doesn't want to finish it because the series and characters are trash now, the Scheirke faggotry and the magic stuff is ruining the show. All feelings of graveness disappear when you go to magic loli island

>consistent in quality throughout
Shiercke's entire idtroductory volume is shounen tier writing. Isidro is a shit character, Puck goes from literary foil to comedic relief and the faggot who helps the fire bitch is completely forgettable. I feel like that character exists solely to die.
Conviction is good but after that it becomes almost like Dragon Ball Z in terms of narrative competance desu

i would watch it. better than any mainstream american version.

Why would you want another shitty adaption?

I didn't think someone could hold such shit opinions but good job on proving me wrong.

what big name director would make an at least decent adaptation of berserk?
at the moment denis is the only guy who i think would even attempt it

You just know this entry level drone would have said nolan 5 years ago
fucking Sup Forums plebs I swear

You are definitely not gonna feel the same once you get through the Golden Age.

If Miura had taken a wife and kids, he could've prevented his own infantilisation. But he chose to become the idolmaster.

Miura lost his edge, the whole story was fueled by the competition between him and his best friend. Miura was the better illustrator (Guts, swordsmen) but was in the shadow of his friend from art school who got the girls, was cool and went into high finance but always secretly envied Miuras raw talent (Griffith)

Now Miura is old, having health problems and has a GF. The rage is gone.

Fucking hell. Miura really needs to stop being an anti-social fuck and open up some kind of kickstarter campaign so fans could donate money for a REAL anime adaptation.

>implying the ogre and kelpie fight aren't just padding on an already bad chapter
Only redeeming part of that entire volume was the berserker armor and it was a literal super saiyan tier power up.
>defending Puck being turned from valuable character to a joke
>defending Isidro
>defending Serpico, whose entire purpose is to die for Farnese

Take your cartoons and fuck off back to Sup Forums. This is a board for discussing art.

All anime looks like that today.

t. someone who doesn't watch anime

Sup Forums makes fun of them for threads like this which is why they post it here as the janitor for Sup Forums is an ex Sup Forums drone

I'll give you Puck but Isidro and Serpico are great.
Seems you just don't like it anymore.
Understandable if you were in for the edge and gore, but I think this fairytale rpg direction works far better than what it started out as.

Puck has literally always been the same. Ever since he and Guts met Puck always had the chibi humor with a bit of helpfulness to Guts.

Yes it is
It is extremely over the top and stylized

But army of darkness came out in 92 or 93, and berserk was well underway by then.

Most of those are not only good anime and god tier animation but are also legitimately good films. Go back to your safe space

still a mystery it is

Half of this is never talked about on here though.

wouldn't be too bad, especially with the fact they took out the child rape scenes from the manga

KINO AS FUCK Sup ForumsROS
LIVE A TION WHEN???

Really?

yeah, even animated, I doubt Japan would even get away with animating Gambino raping kid Guts

Gambino never raped him, it was that black dude Donovan.

Jesus Christ, I forgot their names completely. It's been a long damn while
ultimately I hope HBO doesn't move onto Berserk after GoT is dead

>he types out with a straight face on a board filled with superheroes, cuckold threads, and pedophilia

golden age is literally the only good thing about berserk

if you hate that arc you won't like the rest of it