Lord of The Rings Amazon show draws closer to reality with Multi season deal

twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/930136941177085952

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/11/amazon-the-lord-of-the-rings-tv-series-multi-season-commitment-1202207065/
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510580179567.webm
en.wikisource.org/wiki/On_the_Creation_of_Niggers
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FUCK
Is amazon sjw or better than Netflex ?
The top gear reboot wasn't too bad

Black Aragorn and female Legolas incoming?

It's not retelling the actual Lord of the Rings story, it's some "In-between Hobbit and Lord of the Rings" thing.

>yfw Celebrian's orc rape is show in graphic detail, and Tolkien was wrong about them simply "giving up the will to live"

Well that's fucking stupid. So nothing that happens in it matters at all.

source.

Like all of those things from History of the Lord of the Rings?

Most of those things happened hundreds of years before LotR.

deadline.com/2017/11/amazon-the-lord-of-the-rings-tv-series-multi-season-commitment-1202207065/

>Set in Middle Earth, the television adaptation will explore new storylines preceding J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring.

>“We are delighted that Amazon, with its longstanding commitment to literature, is the home of the first-ever multi-season television series for The Lord of the Rings,” said Matt Galsor, a representative for the Tolkien Estate and Trust and HarperCollins. “Sharon and the team at Amazon Studios have exceptional ideas to bring to the screen previously unexplored stories based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s original writings.”

so it'll be shitty fan fiction

this project is seeming worse and worse with every bit of info about it that comes out

Silmirllion >?

the only material they have the rights to that we haven't seen is anything in the appendices of LOTR, nothing else has been sold.

unless they're just amking up new stuff.

>unless they're just making up new stuff.
That's exactly what they are doing, sadly.

ORC'D

>I bet you've never heard about the diverse cast of inclusive characters that saved Middle Earth before the Fellowship, did ya?

The last lotr thread was pure gold.
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510580179567.webm

This weeks episode:

>Frodo, Sam and Gollum continue to Mordor. Pippin makes contact with the Ents.

There's four volumes that run alongside the main story, giving a lot of background information. Like the Siege of Erebor and the attacks on the Mirkwood and Lothlorien.

If they make LoTR: Rogue One I may as well kill myself.

>>I bet you've never heard about the diverse cast of inclusive characters that saved Middle Earth before the Fellowship, did ya?
Oh FFS i can see it already

WE WUZ SINDAR N SHIT

>bring to the screen previously unexplored stories based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s original writings
Too bad that they have no rights to those stories. So it will be Shadow of Mordor tier fanfiction.

We should protest this and say that Tolkien was a racist and we will 'cancel' our 'prime subscription' if it continues forward, it's the only way to save his legacy.

>we wuz Vanyars and Noldors cuh

I hope Alatar and Pallando are non-binary PoC!

If the Estate is apparently involved then I'm cautiously optimistic.

and they can't use any of it, chris tolkien won't let the rights go in his lifetime.

old man tolkien sold the rights to just LOTR and the hobbit, if it's not specifically in those or the appendices it's not useable.

this will be star wars extended universe level, pure fanfic.

Tolkien wasn't a racist, so say his letters, but it's not like he exactly spent his life around actual black people for any length of time. He left south Africa as a toddler and spent the rest of it in England.

Now compare to Lovecraft, /ourguy/.

>insert two gay blue wizards
>insert a black traitor soldier from the south that had a change of heart
>insert a strong Asian woman from the east
>insert a gay main twink elf
>insert a funny orc quip machine
>insert forced romantic interracial relationship between an orc and a woman

>Pure fanfic
Who cares? I appreciate them going in a new directions rather than trying to reinvent the wheel all the time.

Don't be. Christopher is probably senile by now.

>Tolkien wasn't a racist

I know that. We pretend that he was to stop this from getting made.

This. It'll be awful. Even with Game of Thrones you can see the issues they had when making up the story as they go when they ran out of books to work off.
The Silmarillion is the sort of starting point. If they can't do that are they just going to follow on from the silmarillion and make it up. But surely they don't have rights to most stuff. Unless they go down Elendil and Isildur route and just massively expand stuff like the fight at barad Dur.

>blocked off Silmarilion content from the jews forever after the shitshow that was hobbit
>senile
he's the only sensible man in that family

Will the SJW care if they cast non dwarf actors to play hobbits?

THEY LITERALLY COULD MAKE A SERIES OFF OF NARNIA IF THEY WANT A GAME OF THRONES TYPE SHOW

You could literally lose much of your mental capabilities in month, at his age.

>after the shitshow that was hobbit
He hated Lotr trilogy as well.

>No Queen Jadis, who's about 7 feet tall, to stroke your small Englishman shota penis as she tells you stories of her ruling of Charn and of the great feasts and orgies she held

>Narnia
Who would want to see that literal shit ?

and rightly so
it was shit

>Now compare to Lovecraft, /ourguy/.
How racist was lovecraft? Average Sup Forums or Sup Forums tier?

en.wikisource.org/wiki/On_the_Creation_of_Niggers

In essence, this is LoTR going down to GoT's level. Because money.

I knew shadow of war was only a prelude of things to come. I can't wait for my dark elves to be literally dark-skinned, or for the headlines about the TV show starting a very important conversation with America about some pretend outrageous subject, and the eventual shots at Trump.

stormfront tier
he was a misanthrope