Sell me this pen

>Sell me this pen

This ending confused me. Why did DiCaprio's character need to buy the pen? He clearly already owned it

>the real Jordan Belfort has experienced essentially no comeuppance for his crimes, and is clearly a complete sociopath with no remorse anyway
>we, through our moral cowardice and naive worship of people like him, inevitably become the suckers that they exploit
I know this is an ironic trolling thread, but that was the point of ending.

I hope Belfort IRL is skinned alive for what he did to those people. Worthless, smug cunt.

What did he do to which people?

Have you even seen this movie?

formerly chuck's

Yes.

anyone got baneposting version with CIA?
>Sell me this CIA

its just not the same as the blade runner meem

Then what are you fucking confused about?

What you think he did to which people that is deserving of being skinned alive

>being this dense

Listen you don't have to hate or even dislike the guy, but be honest about his practices.

Which practices? Are you retarded?
>this guy deserves to get skinned alive for what he did
>Well what did he do?
>I JUST SAID: THAT WHAT HE DID

I can relate to this character's drug addiction

LOL WEED

It was like how vampires have to be invited into your home.
The legal case meant that he was only allowed certain goods if they've been sold to him in a public place. He couldn't start his seminar without a pen to write with
Were you even paying attention?

They can't answer because he was if you watch the movie, he was really no worse than a used car salesman.

Are you retarded?

>Were you even paying attention?

I was watching on 2x speed so it was hard to pick up on some things I guess. Thanks for clearing everything up

>manipulating, exploiting, and betraying people for your own benefit
>only as bad as a guy selling you a used car
for fucks sake man

>manipulating, exploiting, and betraying people for your own benefit
That's the used car salesman sweetie.

Sounds like you have no clue about what you're talking about. Stop parroting other's opinions

No. Used cars have value. What Jordan Belfort was selling could never have value, sweetie. Fuck it's hard talking to sub-100 IQers

i think jordan belfort's life was not nearly as extreme as the movie portrayed it. think about it: the guy is a literal professional con artist who sold his own life story. he probably had some crazy parties and did a lot of coke but he probably juiced up the story a ton for the movie, and the hollywood execs didnt care because that made the movie fun

No shit. Regular fucking Sherlock Holmes over here, lmao

He obviously did lie, because people like him lie about virtually everything. It's just infuriating how easily he got away with it all. That's what this movie is about. Subconsciously, most normies admire this guy despite his obvious moral depravity because they want to lead the life that he does. The utter retards who seriously can't see anything wrong with his actions ITT are the epitome of that, and they don't even realise it.

>Used cars have value

So did the stocks that Jordan Belfort was selling.

With used cars (pre-internet) you had no idea what kind of used car you were driving off the lot. You could be buying a salvage title vehicle (almost zero value) but end up giving the car salesman $8k.

>It's just infuriating how easily he got away with it all.

Why do you believe this?

Jesus Christ this guy stole millions of dollars. How are you this motherfucking stupid? I mean there's a good chance you're just trolling, but the idea that you're being serious just utterly fucking infuriates me. How do manage to dress yourself in the morning, you utter dipshit? Do you SERIOUSLY think there's a moral equivalence between what Belfort was doing (ruining countless lives and taking a huge numbers of people's retirement savings with his penny stock scams) and the literally who used car salesmen who only cons a tiny minority of people out of a (relatively) small amount of cash?

You motherfucker. Drink bleach.

The film makes it explicitly clear that his time in prison was a cakewalk, as evidenced by the fact that he's able to work as a "motivational" speaker at the end, with the dipshit audience hanging on his every word.

Ok, at this stage I'm convinced you're just trolling. Get fucked.

no because we're not underaged spics

it's your fault for making such an investment

btw, he has legit good advice on how to be a good salesperson so he actually helps people now

JUST ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION HOLY SHIT THIS FUCKING MOVIE CAME OUT 4 FUCKING YEARS AGO YOU THINK I REMEMBER EXACT PLOT DETAILS FOR FUCKS SAKE YOU FUCKING RETARDS

It's not like he forced shmucks to buy penny stocks with a gun to their heads.

he did a scam with some sports clothing guy I think where he was in on it plus tax evasion

>I was watching on 2x speed
I go to x8 everytime a woman or a darky comes on I thought I was the only one that did this.

>trying this hard to defend a crook
Alright, I'm done talking to you

kk, he sold penny stocks (stocks with no value) to people, knowing that penny stocks are terrible and have no value, so he could make huge profits. He also scammed the stock market in a number of different ways as well with his IPOs (initial public offering stocks).

This bankrupted a bunch of people, all so he could live this really lavish and druggy lifestyle. He's basically a sociopath.

Watch some of the real Jordan Belfort videos where he's selling his 'get rich quick' book/videos or whatever. The guy is materialism incarnate, and that's no shit, lmao.

You just implied salespeople are inherently crooked you retarded dumb fuck. If he's helping people you view as immoral, then what is he?

The entire point of business is to sell your goods or services for more than they are worth, that's the entire point. When I buy stuff from the store I know that the real value of it is a tiny fraction of its original price. Making a profit is not theft or a scam. Stocks do have a nonzero value and a few people actually did end up doing well from their investment even if that was irrelevent to Belfort. It sounds like you're jealous that someone had good business sense.

>Do you SERIOUSLY think there's a moral equivalence between what Belfort was doing (ruining countless lives and taking a huge numbers of people's retirement savings with his penny stock scams) and the literally who used car salesmen who only cons a tiny minority of people out of a (relatively) small amount of cash?

Stealing is stealing. He got busted for the crimes he committed so why are you so mad lel? Because he got a movie made about his life? What a self righteous faggot. Seek help.

>stocks don't have value

>implying I have to try hard when you think he should be "skinned alive" for what he did

Nice chat.

What seems to be lost on you as well as a great percentage of the US population is how profoundly unethical it is to dupe the elderly, desperate, and uninformed out of their life's savings.

>what is free market: the post

Untapped capitalism is a huge staple in Kikery. Believe it or not but the Founding Fathers and those following after envisioned preventing the kind of free market we have today. Why? Because it would have fucked the formation of their new country.

You've been duped into thinking there is no place for ethics and morality in business. This is a prime Jew trick here, they've been put in their place literally for over two millennia for their practises in this method.

>tfw net neutrality is gonna be repealed and this site will die and along with netflix and internet 2.0 as we know it

you just described literally every single person who has ever worked in any form of sales ever

>What practices?

Ok, he didn't see the movie. Case closed guys.

>lecturing people about ethics and morality
>being a flaming antisemite

wew

You're being silly.

Yes we think you remember becuase we remember. Lol why you mad boi?

>another brainlet figured out how to post on Sup Forums

>used cars have value
Depends on the used car and what you consider value.

>Being wew'd for having no ethics and morality because I'm against the tribe of people who have never had ethics and morality.

> AY JORN, MASK YOU SUMTHIN?

What did Shane mean by this?

>another trump cuck deflects legitimate problems with childish insults
shocking