Well?

well?

What cartoons is this from?

Doesn't matter. Liberals will complain and protest anyway.

But the culture has been changing since January. Maybe thought crimes will be decriminalized and we'll be able to express ourselves freely again.

Looking forward to it.

well what?

the censored eleven

all of them, probably in a couple of decades you will see it again in classics of animation like steven universe, gravity falls or TMNT

the fact that you even allowed these to exist in the first place PROVES how shitty you are, WB

I think this warning appeared on a DVD that featured speedy Gonzalez's dim-witted brother, slowpoke Gonzales. It could be from another cartoon though, like the one where Bugs fights a black hunter who is drawn in a very caricatured way.

They put this in front of any set that has cartoons from before 1950.

Seems like the mature way to handle it.

Much better than disney pretending Song of the South never existed at least

as a mexican, speedy gonzales is one of the most beloved characters in mexico, I believe only goku has more fanbase than speedy.

Alternative facts

It's better than not showing them at all.

Ooooh I'm so triggered! Fucking PC culture amirite bros?

Fake news but the leaks are real

Don't you have a safe space to cry in?

fuck off console fag!

Literally the best way to handle the subject.

Who would win in a footrace

I remember this on my first DVD, kinda on point to be honest

To add to this, apparently black people weren't offended by black faced minstrel shows and enjoyed them at the time.

el chapulin colorado

Ancient Romans weren't offended by having people fight to the death in Gladiatorial Combat but we don't nobody in Italy does that shit now, and isn't arrested for murder.

It's almost as if it was a completely different time, with different values and culture!

actually in ancient rome gladiators were slaves taken from many places, specially the so called barbarians. romans considered anyone who wasn't from rome to be an inferior race thus deserving by law to be slaved and treated like the most utter shit possible. romans were pretty shit people.

why was the anti Sup Forums post explaining why was being a right cunt deleted but the rest of this shit thread is still up?

The irony is that animators were among the first in America to embrace other races as equals. A few of WB's shorts were collaborations with many of the jazz musicians of the era.

Is this a Coal Black and De Sebben Dwarfs thread?

Well when Speedy Gonzales cartoons were getting censored and Speedy started disappearing because of racism all of Mexico got pissed the WB took notice and brought him back.

Mexicans usually don't care about racial stereotypes that much as long as they are funny and not mean spirited. Heck I've seen people in Mexico selling statues of lazy Mexicans sleeping with a sombrero close to a cactus as souvenirs for tourists.

there's no "lazy Mexican" stereoytype, you guys got it wrong, it's actually a borracho, he's drunk.

Man, I fucking loved Slowpoke Rodriguez. I grew up in central CA, which is filled with Mexicans, and they loved that guy too. You'd see him and Speedy on back window decals all the time. The only people who were up in arms about him were either white people who were offended on behalf of others, or Mexican public figures out of touch with their own people.

in mexico we call him Lento Rodriguez

Mexicans are the most racist people I know

It's fucking hilarious when someone claims something is offensive to us

Roman slaves were actually pretty well off, being a roman slave wasn't that bad.

Yeah, but now they are.

It's just enjoying aspects of your own culture in a humorous light. The black audience gave more laughs because they got more of the jokes. That still happens today. Even back then you had intellectuals who hated it. It's not the exact same as Speedy yes, as black performers had to hide from white audiences and some of it was intentionally mean spirited, but it's an older version of what we see today and what we see in Mexico.

>rape circus

>romans considered anyone who wasn't from rome to be an inferior race thus deserving by law to be slaved and treated like the most utter shit possible. romans were pretty shit people.

You act like this wasn't true.

but it's true

I meant

>romans considered anyone who wasn't from rome to be an inferior race thus deserving by law to be slaved and treated like the most utter shit possible.

I don't know what you mean. but any civilization who considers themselves to be the top dog is usually like that, be romans, brits, mongols, saracen, nazis, americans, french, etc.

>Americans

Unarguably the best race

>Roman slaves were actually pretty well off, being a roman slave wasn't that bad.
well that kinda depended on what kind of slave you were, yeah the average house slave had it pretty decently, but slaves assigned to mines had it pretty rough

Tumblr isn't allowed here, you liberal.

Neither is Sup Forums, Conservacuck

eh, they're covering their ass from controversy by slapping a brief message onto it. probably the best way to handle it, marketing-wise.

people still acting like racism is bad? lmfao

>WB remastered some of the Censored 11 with plans to release them on DVD
>even filmed extras for it
>still nothing

They're both terrible

But Tumblrinas are legit insane

I don't see anything wrong with it.

At least WB release this kind of stuff. Disney just fucking pretends it doesn't exist and never happened.

Source?