Hitman TV series from John Wick creator announced

>deadline.com/2017/11/hitman-television-series-derek-kolstad-john-wick-creator-hulu-fox-21-pilot-script-1202206934/

>EXCLUSIVE: Fox 21 and Hulu have teamed for a television series based on Hitman, the global best-selling video game from IO Interactive. A pilot script will be written by Derek Kolstad, creator of the John Wick action film series, who wrote the first film and scripted the third one that will be released in 2019.

Is Sup Forums ready for the dawn of Hitkino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hmiW9ExESTA
youtube.com/watch?v=X-lXfmWToIY
youtube.com/watch?v=LVqxMCZ3u6k
youtube.com/watch?v=eh_6qXsOrK4
instagram.com/p/Ba7vcHHgPU3/?taken-by=kyle_maclachlan
youtube.com/watch?v=mR8K12u6aow&list=PLF8A629CE7E816AC6&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=aoaDebK9-9I
youtube.com/watch?v=yZCGMN7i3SA
youtube.com/watch?v=MWJdy3YP2yA
youtube.com/watch?v=uEu1ONtZVDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mC7NXfvGE6A
youtube.com/watch?v=fzeAnxsR9kU
youtube.com/watch?v=3hJL_KrNts8
youtube.com/watch?v=35sUImgXqds
youtube.com/watch?v=HCu5sdw2XZE
youtube.com/watch?v=2d42gjrlAaY
youtube.com/watch?v=BSzVl-9Er9w
youtube.com/watch?v=b3XvTg-sXqw
youtube.com/watch?v=B4yK6LBCbSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How is it that Equalizer can be a better Hitman movie than the actual Hitman movie? Fucking deathtraps everywhere. It's like all they here is genetically enhanced assassin and instantly think he should be jump kicking missiles, the point is that you shouldn't even know 47 was there, let alone that it was an assassination!

Third time's the charm I guess.

>first hitman tried to be serious
>suddenly he bursts into a room where kids are playing hitman

47 is meant to be a generic nobody who you were never supposed to know was there. if you use the silverballers you are a faggot who needs to git gud. why is this needed

why the fuck do they keep making these hitman adaptations

and why do they fail so hard? the most kino hitman scene already exists youtube.com/watch?v=hmiW9ExESTA

It won't work as a show because it will inevitably devolve into 47 having shootouts and shit like he's just bald John Wick. Fast cars and romance don't really have a place in the game's universe because canonically nobody even realizes 47 exists because he's that good at his job. Except the cripple in the wheelchair.

one of the few times in Hitman 2 that you'd fire a gun is to destroy a computer
>that desert mission to kill the guy in the limo
I spent so much time trying to make the shot as it was moving that I ignored the flavor text of the rifle which clearly stated can knock out the engine block of a car with no issues

The priest from Hitman 2 knows as well
>when he leaves behind the rosary because he knows he can't stop doing what he's good at

Did he deserve it?

Everyone makes mistakes

ah, that sorry-ass dickhead

What the fuck they call you?

Names are for friends, so i dont need one.

>HEY CHECK IT.
>CHECK CHECK IT.
>HEY!
>MAH-FUCKAH.

Why not just CGI it or some shit
youtube.com/watch?v=X-lXfmWToIY
youtube.com/watch?v=LVqxMCZ3u6k

There's no swift action, it's just him assassinating

All his kills have to look like accidents otherwise who cares.

as long as Skip Woods stays far the fuck away

Totalbiscuit?

What the fuck? Who made the agent 47 running through the woods trailer? That's fucking Kino

It would be good if Hitman adaptation was made Lynch-style, not like generic action-movie. The last one was the epitome of shit. Even the first one looked better due to accurate Olyphant acting.

The guy who is known for gunfu movies is making a movie about a character that in an ideal situation isn't even supposed to draw his gun
>Might be good movie but stealth games dont translate to movies that well

I guess as long as the creator understands that 47 is the opposite of John Wick then it might be okay. But what are the chances he won't be doing gun karate? Probably slim.

I liked how 47 was portrayed in the first act, like having the fucking Predator after you or some shit.

What the fuck are you talking about? There's a huge arsenal of weapons in the games and the most famous one even had an upgrade system for them. They even let you toggle it to first person, it might as well have been a FPS to a lot of people.

TV budget might actually be better for Hitman, they can't go overboard with retarded action sequences. And episodic nature allows you to do multiple contracts. The real question is will the main plot be pants on head retarded again.

Will Hitman be black thouigh?

Hmm, does the killer procedural sound good?

No...
It's Hitperson
And yes the hitPERSON will be and african-american person

Why can they never get the head right?Swear down it's not hard to pick someone with the right shaped head.Plenty of actors to choose from.

Has potential. TV series would suit Hitman much better. As long as that retard Skip Woods isn't given a 3rd chance to fuck it up, it could be okay.

M R W O R L D W I D E

he can't be african american because we all know Idris Elba is quintessentially British

anything as long as it doesn't have a ton of overt shoot'em up scenes or revolves around a police manhunt for 47

Whyyyyyy do they keep shilling Hitman and not Hotline Miami. It would be kino

>Derek Kolstad, creator of the John Wick
This is basically a shameless lie because the script was drastically altered in the filming process, the original had about 3-5 deaths and was much more a standard Death Wish rip off before the two guys who actually made the movie changed almost everything about it.
Also he wrote the first Hitman movie? So clearly he doesn't have a clue what makes hitman Hitman. Its gonna be another shit adaptation about sword fights on trains and gun fights in front of hundreds of witnesses.
Why even bother when its clear they're going to make all the same mistakes again?

>Also he wrote the first Hitman movie?
No. That was Skip Woods. The first movie was somewhat acceptable, but not true to games. Simple flick.

>letting scoop dog and his pack of niggers take over your shitty park

I still need to watch the second movie with Sylar. Was that any good?

Fuck, I loved that game. That whole mission was pure kino.

Do you think they could pull it off for a tv show?

Oh yeah, watch it right now

>and why do they fail so hard?
Because they see a poster or some cover art of 47 with a gun and assume its a shooty bang bang game.

When in reality its mostly about methodical planning, sneaking and trying to minimize non target casualties. They just want another action franchise when in reality a good Hitman film would have more in common with old James Bond than stuff like John Wick.

All they need to do is make it either episodic or have every storyline take place over 2 episodes. Show the reason why he's going to get assassinated, show his life and routine. Then switch to 47 who then sets up the assassination for most of the episode. The assassination itself should only last around 20 to 10 minutes. The reward is in the setup and see how 47 plans ahead.

Time for some true Hitmankino
youtube.com/watch?v=eh_6qXsOrK4

I can't wait until they make him a generic good guy

AGAIN

This could be so easily a series.
Each episode a new target, and he does the planning, the setup, grabs a few disguises on the way to his kill.
Stuff happens, tense moments, twists, etc.
It would write itself.
They could even do a whole season recreating missions from the game.
But no!
He'll be an action hero, have a love interest, an evil mastermind behind everything, etc, etc.
I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a niece of nephew.

>tfw to smart to use silverballers

To be fair, there's not one target in the Hitman games that can be considered an objectively good person, they're all scumbags, but at the same time 47 has never thought he's been doing the world a service, or that he's on the side of justice, it's just a job to him.

TV could work, but they've got the wrong guy on board.

Literally all they have to do is knock off Golgo 13, but do more hands on stuff and less "shoots a guy through 8 bullet proof windows with an M16 while parachuting from a mile away".

That trailer is fucking gorgeous.

to OCD to not finish completing the armory in Hitman 2
I had to fucking walk to the damn exit point carrying a Barrett Light 50 "subtly" in broad daylight in that afghanistan mission.
But I got it

Um, actually, you have to kill an innocent priest and reporter at the end of Blood Money to complete the final mission.

>Literally all they have to do is knock off Golgo 13, but do more hands on stuff and less "shoots a guy through 8 bullet proof windows with an M16 while parachuting from a mile away".
Why not just do Golgo 13 then, it's ridiculous enough as it is how much he jerks off to the M16, there was a whole episode devoted to some evil gunsmith creating the perfect AR to render the M16 obsolete and its pass mark was eliminating Duke togo.
GUESS HOW THAT WENT.

If they make each episode some big elaborate set up for a kill it could be great. Like you spend a whole episode with him in the background and you can kinda see him setting up things up if you're paying attention but the story focuses on the targets, then have it end with all of it coming together and leading to the targets death could be great. It would also work like the game as people would want to rewatch to see if they can spot him in disguises in the background

Hitman is not an action kinda movie even though you can play the game like that its way more rewarding when you set up a plan get someone alone and kill them with no one noticing

that's actually an amazing idea

which is why it will never happen

Stuff like that is far too cerebral for the intended audience of children, though.

The major constraint on a true Hitman show would be budget. If he's going to exotic locales every episode, the cost is going to seriously add up fast. All you'd really need to do is have 40 minutes for the villain of the week, and 5 for some overarching storyline.

Chuckled louder than I should.

>
>a niece of nephew.
Absolution almost did it. Meh.

BM and 2017 games tend to do subtle arc plot throughout all levels, despite them being very different. TV show can nail that way of storytelling.

Wow, that's kind of bullshit

Kyle Maclachlan for Agent 47

>implying the reporter guy wasn't a scumbag by his association with the wheelchair guy

>CAROL AAAANNE !!

im fine with it

instagram.com/p/Ba7vcHHgPU3/?taken-by=kyle_maclachlan

Daamn it fits so well

Remember talking to some faggot on some forum years after Blood Money was released, and he was like how "How are they going to make a new hitman game when 47 died in the last game?" the faggot didn't wake him up, he watched the credits and let him die.

They better not cast some ugly manlet. 47 is 6'4 with model tier facial aesthetics.

>who here hitman 1

youtube.com/watch?v=mR8K12u6aow&list=PLF8A629CE7E816AC6&index=5

one of the best and most distinctive VAs in the business.

clunky as fuck but that final mission man
>haha you did it now you are the superior cloBUDDA BUDDA BUDDA

youtube.com/watch?v=aoaDebK9-9I

He was just interviewing him, he didn't work for him.

youtube.com/watch?v=yZCGMN7i3SA

youtube.com/watch?v=MWJdy3YP2yA

youtube.com/watch?v=uEu1ONtZVDQ

youtube.com/watch?v=mC7NXfvGE6A

That business with him qutting Absolution then he didn't, was weird

I thought it was that people got word he wasn't voicing 47 and raised a huge fucking fuss and it was enough for them to get the devs to listen to reason and bring him in. This bullshit about how you can only voice a character if you've done the mocap pisses me off.

wow I had never seen gameplay of the first one before, honestly I thought it would look more dated than it does but it seems pretty close to Hitman 2 in quality

cool soundtrack and atmosphere too

Trust me, the game was a clunker but not without charm, 2 was an improvement but 3 is when the proper stealth and inventive kills started to take shape which culminated finally in BM

Yeah, he didn't quit Absolution, IO just never called him for the role until the fans demanded it.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE HITMAN HAPPEN

>MR. WORLDWIDE

the only people who should make a hitman adaptation are the coen brothers.

can someone tell me why the fuck the new hitman game has 10000000000000 objectives/unlocks for each level

to encourage you to replay the level and find different ways to complete the contract. People always complained that the old games were too trial and error so now they just kind of straight up tell you how to trigger the different kills.

1 has one of the best levels in the whole series

It needs a good soundtrack to get the feel of the original games. All the games from the first and Blood Money had soundtracks that can only be described as "Vangelis on crack."

youtube.com/watch?v=fzeAnxsR9kU
youtube.com/watch?v=3hJL_KrNts8
youtube.com/watch?v=35sUImgXqds

There's a fucking reason video games are video games and not movies or tv shows

If you play Hitman to it's ideal, you are trying for total stealth as much as possible, that is fun and challenging as a game but boring as fuck as a cinematic experience

Great examples! I would also like to hear music like this on the upcoming show. Hitman: Contracts type of dark electronic music would give a lot of atmosphere for stealth moments, and getting lost in the crowds while during a rainy evening in a large city.

youtube.com/watch?v=HCu5sdw2XZE

youtube.com/watch?v=2d42gjrlAaY

youtube.com/watch?v=BSzVl-9Er9w

youtube.com/watch?v=b3XvTg-sXqw

It could... work?
I mean it won't, but it could.

I could see for a series where you have a sort of basis of "episode for overarching plot and assassination set up" followed by full episodes devoted to a sort of semi procedural assassination or something.

>trying so hard to do something with the hitman license

>doing literally nothing with max payne license

I feel the same way about Max Payne as I do about Hitman. The guy who does the voice for Max IS Max and trying to get someone else is bullshit.

The dude who does his voice was even in the damn movie as a bit cameo.
I wish Rockstar would bring back on Sam Lake and make Max Payne 4, set it in detroit/chicago and have Max caught between gangbangers and mobsters, maybe for fun throw in 1 or 2 Dick Justice levels

I must have missed that part, although I think I turned it off after 20 minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=B4yK6LBCbSQ

I know he's no Mark Wahlberg in name recognition and that's the only reason but I hate that reason.

>John Wick
>A series that's entirely about killing people with guns
>Hitman
>A series that's about killing people without guns

Gee, what could possibly go wrong.

This is all i've ever wanted.