What the fuck was going on in this scene?

What the fuck was going on in this scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NLhypaRifcE?t=2m55s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dunno about you but I was getting a chubby.

she grew five times but they couldn't be assed to do it

It's a "we have to remind the audience the ring is evil" scene

She was tempted by the Ring's tax returns

cate turned into a literal semen demon

It was an insight into the fact that she was more supernatural of a being than she appeared.

But what really pondered Bilbo's mind was "What Was Sauron tax policy?"

one very bad moment in an otherwise great movie

The end was disjointed

that was the prequel to thor 3

bad cgi

She blued herself

she got woke

>When they tried to recreate this effect in The Hobbit and it looked like dogshit
>Just throw a bucket of water over Cate and give her a mans voice

>you have no power heeeere
>come from where you caaaaame froooom

I cringed so hard I popped an eyeball

jeez, I'm glad that I've forgotten most of that trilogy

what a blunder

what happen

It was Cate having a premonition of when she'd agree to the Hobbit trilogy then be reduced to a villain role in one of the sillier capeshits yet made.

Second one is from The Hobbit. It wasn't done nearly as well

"Return to the void from which you came."

How retarded are you?

>he didn't give the ring to her so he could be eternally dominated by his corrupted elf mommy
is he gay?

She wanted to prove that she could say no to taking and using the ring. That's all there is to it.

>The Hobbit
what went so wrong?

Galadriel wanted to test herself if she could be corrupted or not by the One Ring. She resisted, end of the scene.

>it's another Sup Forums pretends good scenes are bad episode

what did he mean by that?

>anything hobbit related
>good

Is this something all hobbits are capable of?

She found out how low the coupon rate was on the bonds she purchased from the fellowship

To be fair, the books really don't do a good job of keeping that consistent either.
>boromir falls to its pull
>gits fukt for it
>never hear about it again until faramir
>faramir just shuts it down like it ain't shit
>goes to sam
>it can't do shit with sam
Really I don't see how the Ring itself was ever a threat to begin with. Oh boo hoo, it fucked over one retard.

Wow.

Much evil. Such powerful.

Wow.

Goth Blanchett is Best Blanchett

I have no fucking idea why the fuck they made her look like a seahag when they'd just shown a way better look for her final form seconds before.
That ugly thing looked nothing like the corrupted Galadriel that Frodo saw.

Yeah it only really corrupts weak-willed brainlets.

>Much evil. Such powerful.
>Wow.

Not really.
Stronger willed or unambitious people had more resistance to the Ring. It would corrupt them eventually, but over a longer period of time, see Bilbo. It took him a half century for the addiction to really take hold and begin to transform him.

At the end of the day Sam wouldn't have been able to throw the ring in the fire, either. Nor would Elrond for that matter. The Ring was in full-bore survival mode when it was in Mount Doom, and nobody could really handle that.

given a century with the ring, yeah. (well, something like 60 years in Bilbo's case, then a 15-year break chilling with the elves iirc. though it's not depicted that way in the film.) t's a proto-gollum face

It corrupts ambitious people easier.

The best the Ring could make Sam visualize was having all of Middle Earth as his personal garden and Faramir was a lot more of a moralfag in the books so it didn't sway him.

FUCKING KEK.

Thank you user. That's the laugh I've been looking for all day.

she revealed her power level

Fellowship is the best of the 3, prove me wrong.

Severely underrated

They wanted to make her look like she had absorbed all the evil in Dol Guldur like she would be in underwater. I don't say my own opinion about how they succeeded in that.

Sam only held it for a short time and he was probably the most humble, unambitious person in the entire series. Faramir was also only exposed to it for a very short amount of time.

Faramir was based. It probably still would've gotten him if he'd held it in his hand or something though right? Even Aragorn avoids touching the thing and that dude went toe-to-toe (mentally) with Sauron for a couple minutes and held his own

>wasting based coop on weak-ass bait

I don't remember that look.

Anyway Gal is a really powerful fucking elf, even as noldor elfs go. She came from the land of the gods about some billion years ago and supposedly Feanorm the MVP Elf of all time, got the idea for the silmarils from her hair, that shone like the holy trees of the gods. Feanor asked for her to give him a hair three times but she refused and then she gave three hairs to Gimli and hence elfs were cucked for all time. The end.

ITT Effects that didn't age well

It was a night just…like…THIS

it looked bad at the time

It was that time of the month. Do eleves have periods?

She was also pretty much the only important elf who supported Feanor not because of muh oaths or muh family but because she simply was amibtious and wanted her own fucking kingdom

It just seems so wasteful that they'd only use that much better design on about a second when it worked so much better.
Would've been a nice follow up to that great fight between Sauron and Gandalf in the previous movie.

Oh yeah, without a doubt but yeah to his credit book Faramir didn't have that little moral struggle where he has to choose to take Frodo to Gondor to give the Ring to them or let him go. In the books he helps him on his way after rejecting the Ring and warns him not to take the route that had Shelob in it.

>I don't remember that look
That's because Hackson only let it happen for about 10 frames.

youtu.be/NLhypaRifcE?t=2m55s

Debatable, Tolkien heavily ammended Galadriel's role in the rebellion and even how she reached middle Earth.

But you are right about her intentions, she wanted a kingdom to rule for her own, and that is why by denying the ring she was forgiven by the Valar and allowed to return to Aman.

The ring would represent dominion over all of middle earth and so her ultimate goal, and if anyone could master the ring besides Sauron and the wizards it was her (besides maybe Elrond and Círdan, but I think she had more of a chance).

Did you miss the part where everyone but some short country bumpkins refused the ring? Gandalf, Aragorn and Elrond all rejected it out of fear.

>had absorbed all the evil in Dol Guldur like she would be in underwater.
Actually she did own Nenya the ring of water so maybe that's the inpiration...It's also said she used that ring to heal the evil of Dol Guldur.