I hadn't seen X2 since I was a kid, so I decided to watch it again just for the sheer novelty of Brian Cox as Stryker

I hadn't seen X2 since I was a kid, so I decided to watch it again just for the sheer novelty of Brian Cox as Stryker.
And that ending is goddamned garbage.
"Yes, let's just appear in the President's office and psychically freeze everyone in the room except for him and make storm clouds appear outside and basically just scare the fucking bejeezus out of him.
"That'll definitely help our cause. That won't make us look like the bad guy or anything. Oh, and also, let's NOT explain to the President of the United States that the Mutant in the back of the room only tried to kill you because he was under chemical mind-control. Let's not explain that to him at all."

If anyone saw that scene without any context, the X-Men would look like supervillains. Shit, even with context, it looks sketchy as all hell.

The President there was meant to be based on Bush.

So giving him a small folder and then scaring the shit out of him was appropriate.

They literally gave him a file detailing Stryker's crimes, including the brainwashing.

Is that supposed to offset the fact that a bunch of superpowered weirdos in leather, one of whom tried to assassinate him, just showed up in his office and did all that shit and told him they were here to stay

Also, it's Washington DC. Unless Xavier is capable of freezing everyone within sight of the White House, I'm sure someone saw a bunch of people in leather show up in a plane and massive storm clouds appear in the sky.

It's called hedging your fucking bets.

If he's sensible enough to actually read the dossier, then everything will be fine.

BUT on the off-chance he goes "I WAS ELECTED TO LEAD, NOT TO READ!", you might wanna scare the shit out of him just so he realizes how utterly fucked he'd be if he DID decide to declare open season on muties.

he's one of the most powerful telepaths in the world.

he's the reason Magneto wears the bucket

"Yeah so a bunch of weird dark clouds just spontaneously materialized outta thin air around specifically the White House on a totally sunny day and no one inside the White House remembers it"
"Not suspicious at all"

This movie's been out for ages, user, you don't have to use spoliers

I actually thought about that the other day. In the end I figured Xavier probably just psychically projected a message into the President's head, but I forgot about the folder they drop on his desk.

I feel like that on its own would be a serious powderkeg.
If a bunch of Muties showed up and spooked the dick out of you, you'd probably be way more open to ideas when the next guy comes along and says "yo my nig i got ur solution to the Mutant Problem rite here"

I mean that's basically what happened at the beginning of the movie, anyway.

>>Mutants want to be seen as people, not weapons.
>>Leader is a guy who goes on rampages and kills effortlessly

Explain

I didn't want to assume.

Duly noted

GOD AND MAN, NOT GOD AND MUTIE

What the fuck happened after X2 it went to shit with X3 and even deeper in the shit with Origins. It was salvaged with First Class and then went to shit with the next two. Will Logan be good?

Fox likes to rape the X-Men

I'll concede the point. X2 is not as coherently great as everyone thinks it is.

On the other hand, there are a number of individual scenes in it that are sublime.

That's fair.

As much as I hate Magneto that bit was so cash.

You got to admit FOX has yet to top the Nightcrawler White House scene

what you have hit on is a manifestation of the flaw of the mutant "problem". we are, as readers, to regard them as a stand in for well mostly homosexuals, but in universe they are a deadly dangerous threat. so while the story gives us the feel good moral acceptance message with some cool scenes wrapped around it, in universe we have a group spouting moral platitudes and expecting it to change the world while ignoring legitimate fears/concerns/issues.

I liked Apocalypse's Quicksilver scene where he saves everyone in the mansion
That was pretty great

But its basically a rehash of Quicksilvers other scene in DOFP

It's really hard for me to sympathize with a Mutant for being a Mutant, unless they're a kid or something.
For this very reason.

It was still goddamned great.

it really bothers me, you get called a bigot when you point out that massive issues arise from superpowers. sounds kind of familiar.

Minorities =/= people with superpowers

I recall in the first movie during a press conference where Jean was basically saying it was ok not to monitor mutants or be registered. Which I get it, they never asked to be mutants and getting put on a list is the first step towards genocide and all that, but the fact remains that these people have extraordinary, often dangerous abilities and have zero regulations put on them.

Blink's Fastball Special with Colossus was pretty dope

Is that ever seriously addressed? Like, ever?
Comics, movies, television- anything?

what about medical needs? a latex allergy is important but imagine being an EMT trying to treat Rogue uninformed.
more along the lines of empty virtue signaling compared to addressing real complications.

The debate over the Mutant Registration Act has been a thing in the comics for decades.

very straw man, and always with the shadow of DOFP. i have never read one that gives any kind of reasonable pro argument.

Aight, so let me see if I got this straight, starting with:
>First Class
>Days of Future Past (Bad End Timeline)
>Wolverine: Origins
>X1, X2, X3
>The Wolverine
>Days of Future Past (Good End Timeline, erases X2 and X3, maybe The Wolverine?)
>Apocalypse
>Logan

Close?

The problem is that both sides have fair arguments and its a lose/lose scenario. On one hand not registering mutants gives some, not all, the idea that they can get away with shit from a superiority complex while on the other hand cataloging every mutant is essentially a shopping list for government projects/weapon programs.

the x men though never address the issues brought up.

They do, but 9/10 the other side is depicted as bigots or mad scientists

But if it was glorious Obama, they just woulda had a nice chat, right?

I hate Hollywood libtards

What?

First Class - Origins Wolverine - X1 - X2 - X3 - The Wolverine - DOFP bad end

Then DOFP changes the timeline so

First Class - Apocalypse - DOFP good end - Logan

Right, but doesn't Origins still happen

>What the fuck happened after X2 it went to shit with X3 and even deeper in the shit with Origins.

No Singer.

Forgot to put in DOFP itself

First Class - DOFP - Origins Wolverine - X1 - X2 - X3 - The Wolverine - DOFP bad end
First Class - DOFP - Apocalypse - DOFP good end - Logan

Apocalypse must have overwritten Origins because of the Weapon X scene.

Not quite.

Time line 1:
First Class, Origins, X1-3, The Wolverine, DOFP (future scenes).

Time line 2:
DOFP (past scenes), Apocalypse, DOFP Good end, Logan.

No, in DOFP Mystique ends up with Logan, he never follows the same path. How he ends up at Department H is completely different, but fate.

This makes me very sad.

There was one issue of Ultimate X-men about a kid whose mutant power made everyone in general vicinity explode, whether he wanted them to or not. The X-men ended up quietly assassinating the kid so that the media didn't catch wind of him, because they knew it would single-handedly destroy every pro-mutant argument they were campaigning for.

Holy dicking shit.

Which issue?

>then went to shit with the next two
lol