Blade Runner 2049 General

Tell me what you thought of it.

It was alright.

Gonna go and see it for a second time in the cinema tomorrow. Last chance to see it really before it's cinema run finishes over here.

Anything I should keep an eye out for on my second viewing that I would've missed first time around?

I enjoyed both the original and the sequel a lot! However I did not like Jared leto's role whatsoever.

Probably my favorite movie of the year. Only time I've ever went to the theater more than once

It was great

Absolutely love it. Went to see it several times,and that was independently of the Sup Forums circlejerk because many here have seen it many times too

Great film. This was the first film I went to cinema since Interstellar (which was trash), and enjoyed it a lot. After that decided to rewatch Drive and enjoyed it even more.

Pay attention to Joi. You'll see she's just a good simulation. Which is sad and ironic, but the truth.

Pay attention to Wallace, especially his first speech. I think he's a replicant himself. That's why he's blind, so he can't be coded...right?

It was a bit too long, other than that it was great. Probably the best sequel/reboot to an older license.

Why not? I've heard this complaint before but I don't understand it. I felt like he really killed the performance. Was very immersive and spine-chilling him do his little God-rants. And the great thing is he's not even -really- a villain if you think about it. K is. Fuck i love this movie lol

>Pay attention to Joi. You'll see she's just a good simulation. Which is sad and ironic, but the truth

You fucking coward, i'll break your face into a thousand pieces if you ever talk about my Joi like that again

I think there was a bit too much. I would have liked it better if it ended before the whole ''revolution'¨thing and before starting to set up all the sequels to come.

Luv only emoting with the lover half of her face when she enquires
>WHERE IS SHE?
best moment

I love the movie too dude! I'm seeing it again on Thursday! Tbh I just don't like Jared leto.

K is a villain? He was but he changed.

Overall I really liked it, but I felt there were so many missed opportunities. I could honestly write about 20 pages about this so I don't know if I can even mention any of them in a post, but for example, you could tweak a detail here and there and make the child of Deckard and Rachel Luv, which would have been way more interesting imo

Wallace is a villain dont let these edge contrarians tell you otherwise

>which would have been way more interesting how could Wallace not figure it out? It would have been incredibly stupid.

So was K born or not?

>And the great thing is he's not even -really- a villain if you think about it. K is.
What

In my version of the film there would be no Wallace

Sure. K stopped Jared Leto from dissecting the replicant baby, basically ensuring that replicants not be able to reproduce, basically ensuring that humans do not "own the stars". What Wallace wanted was actually pretty noble and counter-productive for his own good. I mean think about it, if replicants can reproduce freely, then they're essentially human, and he loses his business empire. His higher ideals are to have a huge replicant workforce so that all of humanity, replicants included, can be the greatest thing in the universe. K is chaining the hands of progression by protecting the daughter.

So no motivations for Luv?

I don't know why but I feel like I will never see something like this again.

8/10

>Time flew by. Didn't feel like 160 minutes at all.
>Audiovisual feast (some of the pictures with the synth swells of the soundtrack got a physical reaction out of me, which is something that rarely happens)
>A bit of plot convenience and sometimes characters seemed to act more out of plot necessity than the characters they are
>Bit of cheese
>Jared Leto really wasn't an interesting character
>Apparently they can't just search for the car that escorded Deckard in the shallow water and find out that he in fact did NOT drown
>Apparently there are no security cameras anywhere in this world

Actually sounds like i'm completely shitting on the movie but i really enjoyed it.

Ah, being and edgy 16 again....
nostalgia....

Took a girl out to see it on our first date. Was super nervous she wouldn't like it cause I fell for the "women don't understand" meme. Still having conversations about it two weeks later. Sup Forums is full of schmucks.

>make the child of Deckard and Rachel Luv, which would have been way more interesting imo

That would be cliched as fuck and i'm glad they didn't go that route.

He wants to own the stars you fucking edgelord. He is doing so that he and his goons profit. Fuck outta here with your edgelord its deeper than that bullshit

I've never bought a bluray before, but I'm tempted to order the special edition thing of 2049.

Just wondering if you get a digital download key along with the physical bluray?

I don't have a bluray player in my living room, I just cast everything to the TV itself.

By her own words, she's just a "series of 1's and 0's". A sophisticated series of 1's and 0's, but therefore incapable of real conscience thought.

Last night for a theater in my area that's still showing this.
I think I'm going to go. It's going to be my first viewing

Doesn't pretty much every Blu Ray come with a digital download nowadays

The three people I discussed the movie the most are 3 women.

He saved humanity from hunger though, so he's not completely self-interested.

Because he sees himself as a benevolent god.

I guess my version would be drastically different now that I think of it. In my version, K's investigation, and his false discovery of his identity is all set up by Tyrell corporation. They know that Luv is really born won't put her on the case because they fear she will find out the truth about herself. Instead, they leave a breadcrumb trail for K to begin his search for his 'parent'. Luv is then hired as a Blade Runner to dispose of K once Deckard is found. K defeats Luv, causing her severe injuries and is apprehended by the LAPD. He is now offered the oppurtunity to retire Deckard and live the rest of his life as a human, free from the persecution of Tyrell Inc. The film ends similarly, with him choosing to save Deckard and bringing him to his daughter, Luv, whose injuries are being treated to

I don't really understand why exactly this failed, because it was marketed and looked like (from the trailer) a typical Hollywood Blockbuster, and don't normies eat that shit up?

>sad and ironic, but the truth
No it's fucking not. It's left ambiguous on purpose.

Totally not being an edgelord. Wallace was fighting for a greater cause, whereas K was fighting for his own humanity. I'm not unhappy with the ending at all, and it teaches a valuable lesson, but in the long view it was the wrong decision.
But ok, is it an awful thing that the replicant baby will be dissected? Yes. But it would put an end to the replicant racism, and breed a whole new super-strong super-intelligent super-capable beings who would be, by EVERY measurement, human. We would then populate every corner of the universe and in a way become total Gods. How is this not a good thing, and how is trading one life not worth all of that? Logic.

I don't want to make plebs that think its a masterpiece insecure about their lack of cinematic taste and knowledge sorry desu

There is a lot of kinda.. stretched stuff.. sorry.

>How to turn BR2049 into a cliched flick

He's not self-interested at all. He wants replicants to be able to reproduce. Considering he makes replicants one-by-one for profit, his business empire is basically being jeopardized to its core.

Like I said, he's totally misunderstood. Is he an asshole? Yes. Is he benevolent? No. Does he have higher benevolent ideals he strives for despite his personal suffering? Yes.

That makes him good in my book, call me an edgelord all you want.

Great movie

absolute kino

Yeah that sounds convoluted. Complexity doesn't always add to the enjoyment of a film.

I'm actually trying to make it less convoluted by cutting the unnecesary character of Nander Wallace, and especially the lame underground army of replicants

Well it's not working then.

it's totally not ambiguous if you pay attention. She named him "joe" for chrissake. She's programmed (key word there, a series of 1's and 0's) to give him whatever he wants.

She's sophisticated, but she's physically incapable of making her own decisions. You could argue we're the same way though. It's very deep man, it's not a simple thing here.

the fact that I listen to ASMR like 24/7 made the JOI story-line hit a little too hard

Im srry but who was luv

The underground replicants were kind of lame to me as well. I'm not sure why, but it just kinda made my dick a little flaccid. Seemed too...idk...cheesy?

One of the few 10/10 movies I've seen this year.

Solid. Just absolutely solid. May go see it again tonight or tomorrow night

Reading my original post back I did a terrible job of explaining myself, so I guess calling it convoluted is fair enough. Just to be clear though most of the movie would be identical, I'm just changing the meaning of the events. The breadcrumb trail for example would just be things like the box of bones, the missing pages in the orphanage, etc

pleb waifu

Are you saying every model of Joi will act the same way? Are they programmed to call hookers over to my house for simulated sex?

Christ, what a goofy name. Why did it have to be "Joe" of all things? It made me giggle like a retard when THAT was the name she came up with.

>she's physically incapable of making her own decisions
So she's just like you then?

>not pixelating it and adding fake scanlines for Maximum Cyberpawnk

dis my background

In short, yes.

They're programmed to give the user whatever they want. And look, she may not be 'real', but that doesn't mean she doesn't have value. She's a really good simulation, and frankly that's better than 95% of relationshits out there. Fact, logic, wisdom.

I loved it.
Actually compliments and respects the first movie while showing its own take on cyberpunk culture. Had cute girls all around, beautiful cinematography, surpringly good acting across the board, really interesting moments that could only exist in a cyberpunk universe, and when fighting did happen it was memorable and meaningful.
I need to see it again in HD as soon as possible. No cam could ever do the film justice.

Well because hookers call their tricks "Joes".

Get it now? Kinda fucked up, right?

I'm incapable of making my own decisions, or thinking for myself? I think you're confused.

>AI with extensive learning abilities and can clearly adapt to completely new situations (mind)
>Is bound by her basic template (biology/culture)
>Just like a human being

She was real.

>Actually sounds like i'm completely shitting on the movie but i really enjoyed it.
Nah, it's good to acknowledge that there are flaws in things we like. Nothing is perfect after all.

Yes, cause free will doesn't exist and you're programmed like Joi just in different way.

Yeah, she really adapted to the situation where she got herself killed. Remember when she appeared to tell Luv to stop kicking the shit out of K? You know, the scene where Luv wouldn't have noticed or given a fuck if she didn't appear?

Yeah, real indicative of an ability to adapt. Wew. Go hug an anime pillow or something, lmao

We're programmed with boundaries, we're not programmed to act in such strict and stringent ways ya goof.

>the scene where Luv wouldn't have noticed or given a fuck if she didn't appear
She noticed emanator because K riched for it, not because Joi appeared.

That's why I'm asking, I've never bought a bluray before so I don't know.

What's the digital key redeemable on? Is it Warner Bros or whoever's proprietary site or is it Amazon or Google Play or something?

autism

At first I thought that too, but then I read someone mention that the room lighting was similar to Wallace's (water reflected on walls), to imply that this faction isn't that good either. After all, they're willing to send K to kill Deckard, or die trying. K then choose for himself to reunite Deckard and his daughter. The coming out of the shadows was a bit too theatrical though.

Nah I just rewatched it. She didn't give a shit until afer Joi exposed herself.

>I read someone mention that the room lighting was similar to Wallace's (water reflected on walls), to imply that this faction isn't that good either.
Yes, the obviously meant to mirror each other.

for me the problem is that a lot of what he's saying is prophetic and kind of squirrely and he can't really pull that off with his pony tail and gaunt face because he just looks like every douchebag at an after party trying to overanalyse and recontextualise things to make them sound deeper

pseudo intellectual cashgrab

Only pseud thing about it is posts like this.

ah ok. Are you sure it's not because he's kind of a hateable guy off-screen?

>there'll never be a game as good as TW3
>there'll never be a film as good as 2049

Is there any reason not to end this voyage of suffering?

No, she wanted to destroyed as soon as she noticed it, Joi did't affected her decisionin any way.

Then why did Luv look at her with that evil face and say "I hope you've been satisfied with our product"? Sheesh. I just watched it.

Just remember that before those were released there were other bests that couldn't be topped.

Dune.
> cashgrab
But it flopped, just like first one.

>Bloodborne
>Witcher 3
>Fury Road
>2049
Is this the holy quadrant of modern entertainment kino?

Impossible
Its made for Sup Forumseddit brainlets

HAHAH
Fucking christ and these children have the gall to claim to be above "normies"

Terrible dubs attempt

Cause she's evil cunt and she want to make K suffer? What's Joi have to do with it?

>2049, fury road, baby driver, the list could go on! i'm a huge cinephile!!

>>Bloodborne
No.

Another failure.
knows how to do it.

Humans make errors due to emotions, specially women. She wanted to protect k, she thought that by yelling she could stop the attack just like most women would think. She wasnt some super autist /k/ style survivalist that is super aware of threats. She was a waifu and more real than most women today.

Only if you're a numale

definitive proof that the BR2049 love is coming from Sup Forumsedditors

>2049
>The Witcher
>numale
Low quality bait, laddo

>The Witcher 3
>good game

I knew Sup Forums is full of plebs

How it was en error though? Would it be better if she was silent and not appeared at all? I don't think so. At least she was able to said her goodbyes that way.

>literally /ourguy/ the movie
>literally /ourguy/ the wizard
>even close to a numale