Which one is canon?

Which one is canon?

Both.

To what? The Monsters Inc cinematic universe?
Neither, only rule34 is canon.

Pretty sure both of them are

Monsters University ties prety nicely to Monsters Inc.

Mike Wazowski is literally Sully's one-eyed monster; that is the say, his genitals developed disembodied and retained their own separate consciousness.

What a shit thread.

Both are canon, one is prequel and t he other the main plot

Kys nigger

You really need to be told?

They were going to address this in University but ended up deciding not to as it was better for the story.

How, exactly, is an explicit continuity error "better for the story?"

The movie's plot is about Mike and Sully meeting for the first time in college and learning to put up with each other and eventually becoming friends. If they had already known each other since elementary school, it would completely shift the dynamic of the relationship they have in the movie.

>This guy I just met isn't leaving a good impression on me but the two of us have to learn to work together in order to achieve both of our goals
>I've known this guy since elementary school and was either friends or rivals with him since then, I don't know, and this shit happening in college is causing shit for our friendship/rivalry all of a sudden
Makes more of a difference than you may think.

Maybe they were just in the same fourth grade class, but were never friends and were never in the same class again.

They might not have even realized that they were in fourth grade together until they'd been friends for many years

Having to make a point of them meeting each other in fourth grade without making a big deal out of it would just be needless fluff and add nothing to the movie as a whole.

Maybe it was a joke. Mike is the comedian friend anyway.

>Explicit continuity error

Dude it was literally one line in the first movie. One line.

>Neither, only rule34 is canon.
Genuingly chuckled

I'm literally autistic and even I was able to write it off as a hyperbole.

>being autistic
why don't you give your family some relief and kill yourself?