The most unrealistic aspect of 'Frasier' was the level of recognition a local radio psychiatrist received in everyday...

The most unrealistic aspect of 'Frasier' was the level of recognition a local radio psychiatrist received in everyday life. I mean, who even listens to the radio?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qnjt6AM1tog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was the 90s

I genuinely think this is the comfiest show of all time

To me it was always unrealistic that his dad was still alive. Frasier was like 55, looked more like 60.

He was supposed to be 40 when Frasier started.

His dad isn't that old, he's just retired because he got shot in the line of duty.

Fuck you, the entire show would be garbage without Martin.

Martin is roughly 60 when "Frasier" starts because he had Frasier at age 20 right after the Korean War ends.

Sure, he's popular, but how is he SO rich?

Private practice in Boston for 10 years

But a lot of the time people dont know who he is and it bothers him that hes not as famous as thinks he is

>local

I thought he reached the entire state

IIRC he didn't start off broadcasting to the entire state, there was an episode revolving around him trying and maybe succeeding getting state-wide broadcast, don't remember exactly

Dummy, it was the 90's before all this podcast shit and people listened to radio. And his face was plastered all over billboards and buses in Seattle. And he was hardly recognized at all. Most episodes had characters hearing his voice and saying "I recognize your voice from the radio."

>there was an episode revolving around him trying and maybe succeeding getting state-wide broadcast, don't remember exactly
You mean syndication? Wasn't that at least regional or nationwide?

Frasier was late 30's when the show started and Niles was a few years behind him (I think Niles was 36 in a season 2 episode). Martin turned 65 in a season 5 episode I believe.

In the 90s radio celebrities were absolutely huge.

Favorite Frasier scenes?
youtube.com/watch?v=Qnjt6AM1tog

Pretty sure he only broadcast in the Seattle - Tacoma area and then there was an arc where he wanted to get broadcast or syndication in Spokane and he does for awhile iirc

When Martin kicked Frederick's ass for being a fag.

Watching Frasier with my 2017 lense

>all white cast
>Roz slutshamed
>Niles was a cuck
>Martin went from a regular joe to being ok with pretending to be Niles boyfriend

Speaking of syndication, it makes me said that Frasier isn't in local or major cable syndication anymore. Meanwhile Friends is in its third syndication cycle and Seinfeld in its 5th and both are plastered all over local stations in the evenings and night and TBS every fucking day (plus Nick at Nite and Spike, in Friends' case).

The entire High Holidays episodes

Kind of have to agree desu

There's a local network here that plays about 4 episodes every weekday around 7pm. Pretty comfy.

so was the implication that between the episode with the flashback of Frasier's first day on air/seeing his father again and the first episode that Frasier, owing to having no friends and hanging out with Niles picks up his mannerisms and becomes an unbearable elitist snob?

>Roz slutshamed
You also forgot in one episode she said that she was a grown woman who has the ability to consent, making her a woman with agency. How awful and problematic that is.

Yes

He was already snobish in Cheers. Hell, considering how thin he was and the suits we wore, he was very similar to Niles already.

Her dad got shot, they explicity says in the first episode that he is not even that old to need assistance, but the gunshot mess his hip and they found him in the bathroom floor.

which is funny because 94% of the actors on that show were fags.

>the first episode revolves around Frazier being angry that Martin doesn’t thank him for letting him live there
>in the last episode Martin’s last words to Frazier before he moves out are “Thank you”

Are your 40 year old jews?

Are you a faggot?

added audio to that video game

which episode of cheers does woddy get hired using the ep list we have is it green or yellow?

Get's shown in the mornings in the UK, it's a great show to eat breakfast to.

Channel 4 Frasier mornings are the reason I get up

>There's a local network here that plays about 4 episodes every weekday around 7pm
Cozi TV is a digital subchannel

Fuck off underaged, if you don't remember listening to the Hindenburg disaster in horror with your trusty portable radio you're a millennial cuck

Literally Fraiser and Kenny were the only two actors on that show who didn't suck dick.

Toss my salad while I scramble your eggs

It was a regional show, there was even an episode where he goes to a station in Spokane.

There was the black upstairs neighbor Frasier had a feud with. Then Martin ended up bleaching the dude's mom for a season.

>it's a frasier thread
One of the comfiest things made by the human race. Been watching it with my brother while we hang out.

Is there any point where the show decreases in quality at a severe rate? Or am I in for smooth sailing?

bump

A nice smooth sailing my friend.

There's a bit of dodginess when it gets to, I believe, season 6? It soon sorts itself out though.

>Is there any point where the show decreases in quality at a severe rate? Or am I in for smooth sailing?

S8-10

it was a different time

You mean when he loses his job? Those were some of the best episodes imo.

They should bring Frasier back and have the show be about his podcast desu.

It was a different time

I can't recall from just episode titles so I can't say for sure, but I think it was season 6, all I remember is there was one season where the style of the show has a sudden, noticeable change, and they try shooting scenes outside too often, which ends up looking awful.

It resolves relatively quickly but it was a bit jarring.

You take the good and the bad I guess.

Yeah it is in some parts of the world. Got hugely into it during my last years of high school

When Niles and Daphne get together, but overall I can't think of a bad episode. Funny as fuck overall