Was the ending to Vice Principals supposed to suggest that Gamby made up Russel in his imagination as a sort of homage...

Was the ending to Vice Principals supposed to suggest that Gamby made up Russel in his imagination as a sort of homage to Fight Club
This is what I assumed seeming as Russel disappears in the last shot

You are retarded.

Russel died because the tiger

then explain the retail smoking scene

No you imbecile I hate all of you posting this. It was a joke on those types of moments you absolute retard. Why would we see Russel alone in a store talking to his employee if he's dead? It was a happy ending fuck off

Nope.

Russel is the regional manager to ALL the Apricot Lane boutiques, and is above you. If he wanted to, he could vaporize you and make you disappear, you and the 30% discount you get on all your clothes.

From your message I'm going to assume that the ending is left up to interpretation.
I think that's what you're getting at

It isnt. There's no implication in any way that suggests Russell is dead other than retard tier theories

Do you think he came out as gay, how can a straight man be this sassy????

>Do you think he came out as gay?
That's the impression I got.

He died from the tiger and gunshot wound in the head.

>how can a straight man be this sassy
Some dudes are just like that, whether it's due to low T, or just how they were raised, but they're not gay and like to smash pussy like the rest of us.

No. And you write
>"supposed to suggest"
which implies the showmakers failed with the ending, when it's a complete success, elevating all that preceded it, making viewers fully appreciate the depth of the main characters, their journey, and especially their
>male bond

The ending is a subtle nod to the ending of The Dark Night Rises, where Alfred glimpses Bruce Wayne in a cafe, having started a new life, a new chapter, and their brief acknowledgement is pure closure, while playfully allowing for a sliver of reunion in the distant future. But this is done more for the fans, who were faithfully along on the journey, it's an ending that soaks up endings, the bittersweet finality of art, life, performance.

Vice Principals finale allows us to reflect with Gamby on all the chaos that he and Lee stirred up in a very short period of their lives, a time that nevertheless shaped them as men, a time they'll never rival. Their relationship was a brief candle, but it concludes with mutual respect, awe of getting away with criminality, and a complex love neither had experienced. Not platonic, not gay, unique. Which is a theme of the show, it may be un-PC but so is life, and it's rings truer than forced depictions of straight and gay men by Hollywood.

The title is a nod to Gamby being a Warrior, a simple man of principle and loyalty, and Lee being a Wizard, a complex man of spells and bookcraft. Both complementing the other. Both riding the Tiger of masculinity, an Evola reference, above women, betas and minorities.

Lee's black glove is a nod to Mr Glass in Unbreakable, and his fashion is similar to the character. He's a tortured slight man of intellect who boosted himself up.

The end song is "Living on a Thin Line" by the Kinks. The ending is about two men going their own way, but agreeing to always remember their journey. Like a Western. In a food court, not a dustbowl court yard. Gamby was the Good, Lee was the Bad, Abbot was the Ugly.

This, this is kino. 10/10

Incorrect. Nor is it open to interpretation.

He manages women's retail, you can't do that without being a little gay

I won't argue the series isn't kino, but you're over analyzing this straightforward ending. Whole point is tha Gamby is the last man standing. Remember how Vice Principals started? They were both eyeing that principal's chair.

>Gamby is the last man standing
I respectfully disagree, user. They're both still standing. And both are now men. Gamby may be the principal at a lesser school, but Lee is also king at Apricot Lane, not one store but all regional stores, they are where they should be, not ruling the kingdom they both fought over. It's arguable that Lee exited the closet, and Gamby found a woman who calms him down. They both win. More importantly, they both got a away while living on a thin line.

Is the series over?

Yes. And it ended with the perfect cameo.

Yes, it was a one-and-done. Both seasons were filmed consecutively. Never planned to make a third.

Yeah, was very enjoyable but just didn't get that big of a following.

Is comedy a young man's game? Lee and gamby are near 50, do you think the age of leads plays a role? There's curb but that seems like the exception not the rule and rides off of Seinfeld fame.

Russel is what you call a nancy boy or nance for short
It's like a whole step above metrosexual

>do you think the age of leads plays a role?
Of course.

The diary suggests he did a gay act at gymnastics

It was a good show

he's a dandy

How did it imply that? Gymnastics is largely a female sport. It wouldn't be unlikely that all of his teammates would be female

a gay reveal would be really lame, the funniest part about Russell was how he acted so effeminate but was still straight
>y'all ever seen pussies before

i thought there was one more episode left?

>Lee and gamby are near 50
What? McBride is like 40. These characters aren't near 50. Snodgrass is like 32. Youre too young for this board, little lad.

He's a dandy. An old breed of southern white male.

I swear some full retards watched this show.

There was, and it aired yesterday.

>An old breed of southern white male.
Basically the old south version of the modern urbanite metrosexual.

Fuck off idiot. You can clearly see him alive and well working in the store. The show is a fucking comedy for crying out loud.

except they owned slaved.

There'll be a spin-off with Stevie being Neils assistant (aka vice principal) he (Neil) will get tired of his job change his name to Kenny Powers and become a pitcher.

Not at all.

the only one i was happy for was ms nash

She gets to have hot lesbian sex with her two hot female vice principals now

Stevie being gambys vice principal was 10/10 pottery and almost made me cry.

Hill and McBride are under-rated for me.

I think a tiger ate your brain, faggot

I liked the Eastbound and Down reunion at the end.

>Walking Dead: Tiger dies
>Vice Principals: Tiger lives

Pottery.

What the fuck they killed the tiger? Fucking why?

Got to feel for that Tiger guy who got eaten when Abbott let the Tiger loose. He was a douchebag though so I guess he got what he deserved.

CGI was too expensive.

Mcbride and Hill were probably thinking someone's got to die in this episode so he was probably the sacrifice.

Agreed

I love the black peoples' reaction to the tiger and the trainer; when the women says, "fuck this shit, I'm going home".

>Seriousposting on Sup Forums

Good write up, agree on all fronts and I didn't pick up the Mr. Glass reference, nor the cheeky TDKR reference.

I'm surprised people even entertain the idea of "Lee wasn't real", or he died, considering we see that great scene in the epilogue, where he's torturing underling retail employees - it's pretty obvious he's found a career that suits him; one whic is the direct equivalent of the principal position he was originally vying for.

Anyway, I thought this was an incredible comedy on all fronts, and although I enjoyed the comedy of the first season, the second deconstructed the characters and subverted a lot of expectations. Glad they didn't repeat themselves. Goggins was incredible too

I cried when Lee was on the ground at the school telling Gamby he loved him and Gamby wouldn't say it back as fast. This show deserves an Emmy. Oh and I'm glad Lee survived when he Gamby said I love you Russell I was worried Russell was going to close his eyes and die. Glad he lived.

>except they owned slaved.
Some did, surely, some didn't.

>lee's found a career that suits him
Literally. Nice pun.

Bump

Would anyone else here have fucked Abbott?

I would rather date someone like abott party/joke type than the traditional better looking snodgrass

No.

I stuck my dick in crazy once. Once.

It's better to just go home and beat off.

Right up her crazy ass

Agreed

They both died because the tiger, Russell is working a retail store in hell.

I legitimately hope they revisit Lee and Gamby in a few years. It could easily be about Lee's inability to find companionship being who he is and how late he is in his life, so he tries to get Gamby back into hanging out again, only for Gamby to come to realize that despite how much he'd like to help Lee out of his depressive pits with his friendship, he gets tempted into doing bad shit because of who he is around Lee.

Essentially just another chapter/extension of their friendship and the pros and cons to being really close with someone who prooobably has a bad influence on you, since their friendship is what this whole show was about.

But he clearly liked Deb.

>I stuck my dick in crazy once.
reddit

>series end on a straightforward happy note
>people try to speculate hidden cues to give it a deeper meaning
wtf caused all this?

it's denial since the show is pretty much done.
That and the everyone but abbott is the killer memers have nothing left.

nope, look at his hand, if he was REALLY a ghost or some shit, that hand would be clean...since he wears the glove...

Who wouldn't with an advanced ass like that?

Who is the wizard from the episode title? The tiger guy?

See

The Union of the Wizard (Lee) and the Warrior (Gamby)

we watched the same thing or Fight Club?

Lee is the wizard and Gamby is the warrior

Jesus fuck, how does one not grasp such an obvious analogy?

She's only 14.

Well yeah, but like he said. She's advanced for her age.

Feels like more ironic memery, a guy in an earlier thread was like "hurr just cuz it's lee on the cover doesn't mean it's him derpy derpy"
so tiring.

Read the thread before pulling our shirt tail, niglet.

I'm just saying with she can break a boys heart with that thing

The fuck? He deserved it for treating the tiger like shit, it was so obvious.

>thinks the crazy shit that bitch did on VP isn't 100% completely grounded in reality
Child.

Is she really 14 or 15 irl?

>wtf caused all this?
Idiots shitposting, as usual.

I saw that wedding dress and was 'here we fucking go'
>when she drives off and it's stuck in the door and it stays that way til she gets to the school
Good shit.

It's amazing how this board is obsessed with Bane posting but struggles to realize a TDK ending reference.

A junior high school boy, yes. A man? No.

Fuck off, underage.

Her IMDB doesn't say, but it really seems like she's at least 19.

Good bait

It's a line from the show. Chill out.

Everything was right on time. The "I'm pregnant" scene, the "I love you" scene after getting a blowjob, the "show the fuck up uninvited" scene. All that shit has been pulled from the experiences of the writers that were stupid enough to stick their dick in crazy.

This is a great analysis, good work.

Fair enough.

The production design of VP is through the roof. Look at that book cover, equal helpings awesome, kooky, lowbrow genre, and thematically true. The font is on point.

Then look at the naked roastie being pencilled by the misfit kid Gamby ruined then saved. Notice the hilariously poor right foot rendering, the shaky rendering of her hand straddling her stomach. And yet the drawing is somehow hot, timeless, American, conjuring public high school for any white male, and sad. It's not like dumbfuck Super Bad dicks, the drawing has dramatic weight. It's part of the character's arch, that he can't change but he can move forward, and how Gamby sees himself in the kid, and how Lee and Gamby are still versions of this kid, the outcast. And the kid graduates just as they graduate, into the unknown but with their balls intact. Jews in Hollywood only accentuate the tawdriness of humor and false stupidity of men, whereas this show knows the humanity. Lee and Gamby making classroom faces while Snodgrass rambles on. The essence of American rebellion saving them from cultural destruction.

>Lee and Gamby making classroom faces while Snodgrass rambles on. The essence of American rebellion saving them from cultural destruction.
Never thought about it like that it actually boggled me for a bit, and then when the pleasantries are over they go back to being adults again with all the responsibilities.
That's cool, they stuck that landing so damn hard.

So who is the wizard then? Dr. Brown?

Has the 'misunderstanding' bait shown up in the Nathan For You threads as well? If not, the series finale is ripe for it.

cut that shit out.

yeah i thought pretty much the same thing

>tfw never watched that show so the reveal meant nothing to me

ok