What makes Aku such an effective and great villain?

What makes Aku such an effective and great villain?

He knows he will die at the hands of the hero.

He never risks himself
Elaborate plans to troll the hero
Goes out of his way to avoid the hero
Wanted to play with the hero
Then got bored and

Actually ya know what, fuck it.

It was the old VA who put so much life into the character and you are just nostalgiaing or something. I mean the reruns are doing shit in the ratings, check out the archive for the toonami thread

Genuine humor, genuine cruelty.

fpbp

Although really it's just that he was never compromised. He did everything to the extreme, but never at the cost of his legitimacy.

Let's get the biggest one out of the way first:

Unlike other villains, Aku has won, the Earth and the galaxies around it are under his command.

This
I mean how much more effective can you be than accomplishing your goal and completely fucking over the hero

*Cough*
And pic related still got killed.

>the reruns are doing shit in the ratings
Who could have guessed that reruns of a 15-year-old show that's available EVERYWHERE on the internet would not do well in ratings.

EXTRA

THICK

Basically it's the voice acting and dialogue. The character design is ugly and he's overpowered as fuck but still doesn't manage to kill the hero, so it's down to acting and and funny lines.

>Character design is ugly
People think this?

The great thing about Aku that most people don't realize is that he really is fucking sinister. Look at all of the villians in Samurai Jack, no matter how powerful they were they all bowed down and shook in fear at the thought of coming under his rage. Aku acted lighthearted and jovial, but he enslaved and killed millions of people while ruling the entire world as a brutal dictator. He's one of the few cartoon villians that won and are actually efficient in their work.

>that episode where the warrior's home was vaporized by Aku and he was personally cursed and left to live forever in the center of a volcano

>The character design is ugly
he's a shapeshifter
he was ment to change into anything but always have an iconic look
hell 90% of the characters had simple design so they could put more focus on movement

he knows that there is only one way to beat him and avoids direct contact with it

it's like playing tag against normal kids while you have a jetpack

I guess the Proto Aku was future HIM from PPG. After HIM had an endless wave of negative energy to feed on there was no stopping him. As he said he'd already won.

It's brilliant because he looks like a silly Jim Henson puppet like from Sesame Street. Well, until he does something barbaric. It gives you a false sense of 'cute' before reminding you who the fuck you are dealing with.

Mako.

They also basically took a burnt tree, painted an Oni face on it and then said "That's the base form, he's a shape-shifter".

also helps that he has already won, most of his time is just spent fucking with jack.

UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE EVIL

>Finale. After a ferocious battle, Jack defeates Aku and strikes off his head.
>Wires, cables and a shower of sparks
>The End

yfw?

I always figured they were aiming for a Totem pole, if given life and with a more Japanese-style creature face.

He won.

Good blend of dark humor and occasional seriousness. While the later was scarce, you could tell when Aku was being genuinely sinister and not fucking around as he wreaked havoc. It certainly makes one wonder how his defeat in season 5 will play out in a way that doesn't feel like a letdown or turn into some unnecessary feelsy bullshit.

Something about DARK LORD OF GALAXY actually watching children play and get riled up about it is just hilarious.

I think it's always the pettiness like this that makes villains great.

Even when he conquered Jack's village he didn't make like typical angry face you'd see in Image comics, he was smug as shit and was enjoying himself.