Is this the GOAT Batman movie? The story was legitimately great. Why was Lego Barbara so hot?

Is this the GOAT Batman movie? The story was legitimately great. Why was Lego Barbara so hot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VJBS1ogEVHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because Rosario Dawson, man.

I thought it was fun. it's like well done satire, it pays respect to the inspiration, while also bringing its own brand to the table.

I mean, that too.

To bad it's under performing compared to the Lego movie and other animated films

It was the number one movie two, maybe three weeks in a row. Who cares if it's underperforming compared to other animated movies released in different years at different times, it's still doing well.

Was she Puerto Rican or Dominican?

WB would have been banking on this to make more than the Lego movie. We wont get more if it doesn't bring in big bucks

Rosario Dawson is Puerto Rican and Cuban, so lets say Puerto Rican and Cuban.

Commissioner Gordon's VA is Puerto Rican too.

>WB would have been banking on this to make more than the Lego movie. We wont get more if it doesn't bring in big bucks
Dude, The Lego Movie 2 is already in the process of being made and there's a trailer out for the Ninjago movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=VJBS1ogEVHE

Oh that's a relief. I just found out this hasn't opened in China and a bunch of other places yet either. Guess I jumped the gun

Honestly the best and most faithful Batman movie.

>The story was legitimately great
It was generic kids' movie shit. Main character hates cooperating, but learns that friends and family are more important than anything else. Yawn.

Just saw it tonight. Was actually pretty underwhelmed. Strange that Batman worked so much better in a supporting role.

It's only a matter of time before we finally get that Bionicle movie.

Faithful how? Rattling off a bunch of villains in the first 5 minutes and relegating them to background noise for the rest of the film?

>Main character hates cooperating, but learns that friends and family are more important than anything else.
The first part of your statement is incorrect and [to an extent] so is the second part. And you do know that this is a Batman movie, right? "Bruce learns to let people in" has been a staple of his character since forever.

But anyway, that's not what I'm talking about. I meant Joker releasing villains from the Phantom Zone to wreck havoc on Gotham, Barbara wanting to end crime forever in Gotham and a Gotham without crime would effect Bruce. I thought they were very interesting ideas, though, they weren't the main focus of the movie.

>well done satire
Not really. It took satire and cranked the dial to 11. They did irony so far that it went past "funny" and back into "obnoxious." Which is fine to entertain kids, so I guess I was wrong to expect it to be fun for adults too.

Too many gags are reused for the entire length of the movie
>Batman is an egomaniac
>Joker "hates" Batman

So it was generic kids movie shit AND generic Batman shit. YAWWWWWWWN.

>Batman is an egomaniac
that's not a gag that's a character trait
>Joker "hates" Batman
the "say you hate me" only cropped up near the end of the film.

>that's not a gag that's a character trait
It is very much played for humor to the point of exhaustion.
>the "say you hate me" only cropped up near the end of the film.
You might be taking that bulletpoint too literally. Ever since the bomb scene in the beginning, Joker was devastated that Batman doesn't consider him "his greatest villain." The entire plot is woven around him being hurt by this like some dejected girl he fucked.

>You might be taking that bulletpoint too literally.
How could I not? You specified "hate".
And it seems like the movie just wasn't for you.

yes it is

It was shorthand for "Joker is gay for Batman" but I didn't want the thread to get sidetracked into a debate over that. There's already a whole thread dedicated to it.

I feel like all the Bane stuff was done by some baneposters

>And it seems like the movie just wasn't for you.
I agree. But that makes me sad as a Batman fan.

Yeah, Joker was pretty gay, it was fun.

What do you want to see from a Batman movie? What do you like most about the character?

There's a tweet from the director hinting he's a Big Guy via saying he would have loved to have put CIA in the movie if anyone had brought it up in creative meetings.

It may be cliche to say, but I like a lot of the non-Joker villains. I like when they get bigger roles. And it's not really fair to hold up alongside this movie since it was CLEARLY going to be different, but BTAS is basically the perfect tone for the series.

I know somewhere a primarily comic enthusiast is waiting to chew me out for that.

You get something G2 tier or worse

link

I've still never seen any of BTAS, it was before my time and I'm just not really interested even though I love animation and like Batman.

Sup Forums might overhype it, but just keep your expectations in check and watch it. You definitely won't regret it.

And if you like that, try Batman Beyond, Superman Animated, Justice League, Justice League United, etc.

Give it a chance eventually, but the thing you have to keep in mind is that it's not really wholly good. There's a couple of 10/10 episodes but a lot of shitty 2/10 ones. Not a show that you're expected to watch straight through so if you find yourself wanting to drop an episode that's normal.

I'm not in love with it but it's pretty alright.

I've seen some of Beyond and thought that was pretty good. I think I'm just not a big enough DC fan though, like, I don't really gain anything from the watching the show besides understanding a few jokes and I hardly browse Sup Forums anymore.

I'm probably going to watch BTAS eventually though, if not all of those shows so I can experience prime Hamill Joker and watch Mask of the Phantasm at some point.

>keep in mind is that it's not really wholly good.
that's actually very useful. I've read through a lot of BTAS threads and I don't recall anyone ever saying something like that. From Sup Forums I've only garnered that people dislike the Batman in my Basement episode.

I think because so many people have watched the show it's somewhat assumed in threads that we know the quality will vary so stating it can feel like shitposting.

It was good. Entertaining, but idk if I'd call the story great. I think it will make a really good/clear of story structure in future textbooks that make use of it as an example. And it was fine for a kid's movie. Not kid's movie adults can appreciate, just one they can laugh at. The Joker x Batman shipping would have been better if it were more subtle though.

you're right.

>I think I'm just not a big enough DC fan though
BTAS made me a DC fan. Not exaggerating. It was probably my first exposure to it. Almost all the DC cartoons are top shelf.

I got into DC when my sister forced us to watch The Dark Knight.

Wait, scratch that. 60's Batman reruns were probably my first exposure. Regardless though, the cartoon made me fall in love with the cast of villains and such.

Not the best starting point, honestly. Just romanticized edge. Don't base your opinions of DC on one overhyped movie.

Nigga that was like in 2009 I've been passed that
I don't even remember TDK, I just remember that the whispering was annoying and 9 or 10 year old me thought it was cool.

My dad bought me a collection of various Batman comics, it was like several issues from different decades in one TPB.
But I found the book (I had dismissed it before cause I was a Marvel fan) and read it after seeing the movie.
Then I read TDKR, TKJ, and some of the Scott Snyder run.

I'm sorry, I thought you were the user who said he was "not a big enough DC fan" and were letting that movie hold you back. If you are the same person, something like a cartoon is much lower commitment to watch than the lengths you've already gone to.

>something like a cartoon is much lower commitment to watch than the lengths you've already gone to.
You're right, but I wasn't severely depressed when I was 8 or 9. It's difficult to stay awake or focus on anything, maybe it'll be easier once I graduate.
I need to finish all of Star Trek before anything though, I'm still on TOS and I skip episodes.

Best of luck, user. Been there. It gets better.

thanks, bud, it means a lot.