Why did they replace Mr. Nezzer with this guy for the Netflix show?

Why did they replace Mr. Nezzer with this guy for the Netflix show?

Also, Veggie Tales thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eh6FpG8fkKU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Cucumber, the Jew.

>According to the concept artists Elena and Olivia Ceballos, he is a redesign of Mr. Nezzer.
>The reason for the name change is due to his design being a drastic departure from his previous look
>However, according to Phil Vischer in a podcast, he states he's a different character.
>The reason being why this happened was because Mr. Nezzer's voice is an intimation of Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas portrayed by Ken Page, who is African-American.
>Dreamworks has a policy that characters who have a different race, but are portrayed by white people are not allowed (even though Mr. Nezzer has never been established as possibly being African-American).

>>Dreamworks has a policy that characters who have a different race, but are portrayed by white people are not allowed (even though Mr. Nezzer has never been established as possibly being African-American).
fucking jews smdh

"Jewcumber."

C'mon, man.

>>Dreamworks has a policy that characters who have a different race, but are portrayed by white people are not allowed (even though Mr. Nezzer has never been established as possibly being African-American).

>jewcumber

>Dreamworks has a policy that characters who have a different race, but are portrayed by white people are not allowed

fucking political correctness, man. it's a fucking plague.

Isn't Kevin Michael Richardson the official voice of Mr. Nezzer for the DVDs? Why didn't they just hire him?

No, it's the white guy that plays Bob impersonating a black man.

are you telling me they literally fired a man because of his race?
wait, does this mean we can infer the race of all characters in all dreamworks works by the race of their actors? that would answer a lot of questions in Voltron. like apparently Shiro is white since he's voiced by josh keaton

>Dreamworks has a policy that characters who have a different race, but are portrayed by white people are not allowed (even though Mr. Nezzer has never been established as possibly being African-American).
So they're assuming his race based on his voice? That's racist.

>Dreamworks has a policy that characters who have a different race, but are portrayed by white people are not allowed
He's a fucking cucumber. He has no race.

Favorite episode?
Mines the chocolate bunny one. Good music and funny too.

Why is he thicc?

>Mr. Nezzer was "supposed" to be black, at least to the extent that warrants a redesign and new voice to avoid offending anyone

As a melanin-enriched individual myself, I find this complete horseshit.

Heard worse

A guy who managed to land a rover on a motherfucking moving asteroid got fired and lynched publicly for... wearing a hawaiian style shirt with pinup girl on them.

I'm not even fucking kidding you, the fucker managed to do something that was never done before and was an amazing work on his part (landing a rover is one thing, landing a rover on a extremely low gravity asteroid that is itself moving at thousands of km per h in space is another story) and he got lynched by the modern witch hunter (lets be honest, modern feminist are nothing more than that, fools past their age of glory that cling to any cause as to stay relevant and throw the occasional witch/racist into the pyre as to satisfy the mob blood thirst) for something as mundane and innocent as a shirt.

Or that other story about that showbizz lady that was fired because she had said nigger... 20 fucking years ago.

Honestly its crazy the number of these case that has happened in the last couples of years. Public lynching via media are getting more and more popular, alas lets hope this whole clusterfuck with fake news and etc blow the fuck up so at least the status quo doesn't stay, because the media sure do love to push for these kind of thing since they tend to be profitable. Just think of Trayvon Martin and the horrid representation of the court hearing when reported on TV, it truly shown how disgusting and immoral the peoples who manage medias tend to be.

if you like to talk to tomatoes

OH HUH

But his name is derived from Nebuchadnezzar II.

Hell, that was literally his original character: Nebuchadnezzar as a Cucumber (though I thought he was supposed to be a zucchini)

youtube.com/watch?v=eh6FpG8fkKU
This city still looks suspiciously like the inside of a house.

Zucchini Master Race

There comes a point where this needs to stop and we passed it a long time ago.

They probably didn't pay attention in Sunday School enough to know that and thought the original creators just made up the name "Nebby K. Nezzer" out of the blue.

So what's the name of the new one?

Ichabeezer

>A guy who managed to land a rover on a motherfucking moving asteroid got fired and lynched publicly for... wearing a hawaiian style shirt with pinup girl on them.

He wasn't fired. He apologized and everyone moved on.

What the hell kind of name is that? There's no one in the Bible named anything like that. Hell, there's no one in the world named anything like that.

They completely fucking missed the point of the character

You're fucking kidding.

Do they literally not know about the Nebuchadnezzar thing? And these people are rebooting VEGGIE TALES??

I remember being a kid without cable tv, PBS was the only source of entertainment for kids, it didnt matter if you were 8 years old and Clifford the Big Red Dog was for 4 and under, you learned to fucking love it because it's all you were getting, any cartoon was a good cartoon, despite this the few occasions i was forced to watch veggie tales were serious low points in my childhood, i remember wanting it to stop, the songs were cringy and the whole religious aspect to non regular church attending just made me uncomfortable HOW THE FUCK DOES IT STILL EXIST AND WHY DO PEOPLE CAARE

You have shit taste, user.

This show is based as fuck.

Once upon a time it was but now it's dogshit. SJWs ruined the world.

>Ichabod (Hebrew: אִיכָבוֹד, ikhavod – no glory) is named by the Books of Samuel as the brother of Ahitub.
>In the Book of 1 Samuel, his name is said to be a reference to: the glory has departed from Israel, because of the loss of the Ark to the Philistines
So something about glory leaving + firstborn sons from the other half of the name. Wonder if there was any intentional meaning.

>Ichabod (Hebrew: אִיכָבוֹד, ikhavod – no glory)
>said to be a reference to: the glory has departed from Israel, because of the loss of the Ark to the Philistines
>Name is literally an insult
Wow, Mr. and Mrs. Crane were dicks when they named their son.

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

Ichabod and Ebeneezer?

Because it's obviously completely natural to people who live a religious lifestyle or who live around people who live a religious lifestyle

This can't possibly be true? I'm certain if you look far enough into their library that you'll find instances of this.

>(((Dreamworks)))

It's creepy that they used such detailed textures on such a cartoony design. Why do modern animators do this?

He's a fricking zucchini!

"Jewcchini."

C'mon, man.

THIs

It's HD remastered

>All of the characters from Kung Fu Panda are from China but only two Chinese people in the cast

What a bunch of hypocrites.

they why not just cast a black guy to voice him?

Because that would make sense

I don't know if that works in a show where everyone's Christian.

I'm beginning to question whether this is true now.