Why was it one of the more enjoyable capeshit films in the past few years?

Why was it one of the more enjoyable capeshit films in the past few years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zrUltTT8acg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I can't stand Paul Rudd, so I won't watch it.

>enjoyable
>capeshit

(You)

It was the most forgetable one OP

No, that was Thor: The Dark World
I've watched that movie three times and I still couldn't tell you anything specific about it.

It was a mediocre action-comedy on par with Clockstoppers and well below the tier of something like A-Team

The plot wasn't as big and convoluted as Avengers or any of the other shit Marvel has been putting out lately

This, the stakes weren't astronomical, world ending, blue laser in the sky shit.
It had a likable cast, reasonable stakes and cool visuals.

Because it was a heist movie, not capeshit

I remember the Jew with the fat tits from Two Broke Girls was in that one for some reason

Well, not for "some" reason...

It isn't. Rewatch it again. First watch was passive entertainment 6/10 and rewatch was 5/10 or worse. Pretty weak bruh.

Thor was decent 6/10 for capeshit, but the best in recent memory is still Logan. At least that movie had the balls to be somewhat different, avoid a few cliches, and be self enclosed.

Watched it the other day for the first time and it felt like it was just a character introduction for later films rather than a movie.

Baskin Robbins was literally the best part of the movie.

Because it was made for manlets like you

I usually forget that this movie happened

Ant-Man is legit a masterpiece. I don't know how it turned out as good as it did, but I love it so much.
It feels so genuine.

youtube.com/watch?v=zrUltTT8acg

because it was literally Toy Story mixed with capeshit

I enjoyed it user. It was right before the handsome white jackass trope in every superhero flick got old. Paul Rudd, Chris Pratt, Ryan Reynolds, and now Chris Hemsworth in the new Thor basically all play the same guy

The cinematography of making them appear small with the camera zoom in when they shrink is really nice.

THIS WAS REAL FUCKIN GREAT IN IMAX 3D

BUT COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IT AFTER ABOUT A WEEK

Managed the lightheartedness of deadpool without going full retard on the plot

It was mostly just fun, and I'm okay with that

I have seen almost no capeshit. I watched this yesterday because it's on Netflix and it was actually ok - a solid 7/10.
>under 2 hours so it's not bloated
>michael douglas is pretty good
>reasonably well written (probably thanks to edgar wright)
>somewhat memorable characters
>it's quite campy in a good way. it knows what it is, yet isn't too self-aware that it's obnoxious. It doesn't take itself too seriously which seems to be a criticism of a lot of capeshit
>resembles a heist movie which is more interesting than "we all have to work together to stop the evil blue laser pointing into the sky"
>the CGI is used pretty well, resulting in clear action scenes where you can easily tell what's going on