Blade Runner 2049 General

Last thread 404'd

Is a computer program void of any physical components necessary for emotion capable of feeling love?

Short answer: No

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5AHgLVBx0rc
youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Luv > Joi > Mariette

If you didn't love this movie, you are a worthless negro.

>joicucks btfo in the OP
someone link the picture for ants please

Shit bait thread, someone make legitimate.

this

Go away man who adds nothing to conversation, nobody wants you around.

OP makes a solid case for Joi's love being genuine once she asks K to delete her from the console and break her antenna.

>I want to be real for you
>you are real for me

>you enjoy pain, because it reminds you the JOY YOU FELT WAS REAL
Immediately followed by K bein reminded his joi knew he was a good joe, a real boy, so he makes his decision to live up to that.

Case closed, joi was real, or your as speciesist as Mariette you racist fuck

Joi’s evolutionary Progression
1. With the emanator, gets to feel rain and the real world
2. Having helped find the horse, gets to name Joe and help him on the way to being a real boy
3. Wants to be real for Joe by syncing with the real girl and finally consummating their relationship
4. Dies for Joe, which makes her a real girl
5. Her words come back as a ghost to help Joe complete his own arc, showing her continued effect on the world after death

Best character arc in film for an AI

I want batshit crazy blonde kidnapper model plis.

on the right is the crazy hooker she hired to tie you up and bury you.

youtube.com/watch?v=5AHgLVBx0rc

>00:25
>You don't have to say that
K doesn't want to be reminded that Joi is an illusion. He falls back on telling her she doesn't have to say whatever she thinks he wants to hear. But she gently reminds him that she's saying it because she wants to. Beautiful moment really.

I love y-
;-;

DELET

i want a webm of just that las vegas "i know" scene so i can loop it and cry myself to sleep

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
I'm devoid of love for this movie

So, I just went to see this movie with my wife. We were the only two people in the theatre and she's fucking furious with me.

>joi says I love you
>still gets dejected when giant joi calls him "joe"
????

Why would she be mad? I saw this with my bro and there were two men besides us, by themselves. It seems the Sup Forums memes were true,

They were true. I went with someone opening week and there was a total of 5 people in the giant IMAX theater including the two of us.

thats cus all the edgy faggots who say she inst real and thats what k realized are wrong

>I have a Luv folder now
where did it all go so right

The wording of your rhetorical sentence bothers the fuck out of me.

Fuck you.

We went to see Thor Ragnorok, and getting her to go to that was torturous. HOWEVER, in the week leading up to that, she saw a trailer for Blade Runner, and said "I'd rather go see that." So I held her to her word. She loved Thor, but said it was a slightly too long, and I agreed, it was a pretty good Venture Bros episode, turned into a movie in an unrelated universe. So, I dragged her by her collar into the theatre, and at about the 1 hour 45 minute mark, she looked at her phone, and then did nothing but fidget and groan and pick her hair until it was over.

She's be openly hostile since we left, that the movie was "so stupid" and "only needed to be an hour and half long." Which I sort of agree, it was maybe a bit overwrought at times. But it was gripping from the moment he walked into the Orange Level to the end. The third she hated the most.

Woah, parts of that last sentence aren't even there.

I never saw your wife but I fucking hate her with all my heart already.

most erotic climax of an action movie ever. strangled and drowned the sex doll.

It was so satisfying watching her drown. Cunt absolutely deserved it for killing best girl.

Is this from a screener?

>killing best girl
um that was a hologram sweetie :)

>"You're so sure."
>"Because he told youuu."
>"Because we never lieee."
>(Cheerfully) "I'm gonna tell Mr Wallace you tried to shoot me first"
>(Robotically) "...so I had to kill you"

Grape-kun will live on in our hearts. Like tears in the snow.

>You will never be trampled by Luv

Why even live?

yeah it was her first day of shooting which would explain why she was all over the place

I thought it was more to show her character physically struggling (but still succeeding) to talk about lying to her master, since she is supposed to be one of those obedient replicants

>"I'm gonna tell Mr Wallace you tried to shoot me first"

>Tried to shoot me first

>Tired to shoot me

>Stabbed her

What did she mean by this?

Can't wait to see the scene where Luv fucks up the Police station.

It's Cyber Punk - Wallace Corp would just pay for that to have never happened.

The whole story arc of Joi, that ends with the giant holo-Joi calling K "Joe" serves to protagonist to understand that what makes you special are not who you are or what are you born: what defines an individual is the actions he/she does. Joi was unique because she asked K to disconnect her (she said something against what K want to hear, thats against their main purpose).
So in the end (watching giant holo-Joi) K realises his actions will define who he is: then he decide to go save Deckard to try to rejoin he with his daughter (dying in the process) instead of buying another Joi and keep living the illusion.

Can someone smarter than me please explain why we see this JOI after the sex scene and don't see the giant purple one till the end?

My understanding is K did not modify her from the default settings, but wouldn't the giant purple one be true default?

Lol Joi haters btfo

why did she do it?
would Wallace have her killed if he found out?

Just a pre-set user

joi calls everyone joe. she's just a chat bot. plus she was spying on him the whole time for the baddies. although she does go against them at the end by telling k to break her transmitter

but she only wants to say it because she's been programmed to. on a larger scale men and women are only attracted to each other because they are programmed to by their dna

boys think joi was the best girl. men know luv is the best girl

fuck them both, best boy/girl was K

i hope you look forward to the next 30 years of her stomping all over you because you are too beta to talk back or go to a movie alone

im sure killing the police chief is a bit more high profile than he would like

I've only see the movie once so i wanna expect the blu-ray for further analysis (after a re-watch) but probably the last Joi (holo-Joi) is made that way to make the audience understand that is not K-Joi but an holo-Joi without a soul (black eyes).
So to show the contrast better: she was a product with a preset AI (eventually call everyone "Joe" at some point ecc) but in the same time "she" can become something special/unique: like K-Joi trying to protect him transfering herself into the emanator, something, I'll say it again, that is against her main function/programming that is "she will say everything you want to hear" (K is initially against this decision).

she was just a Lieutenant. I think she was head of the blade runner division of the LAPD

the voice message on luv at the beginning says lieutenant joshi retirement division i think

**i mean on joi

how was K so strong and durable? Is it because of his genetics or is it a result of the manufacturing process?

holy shit it's out?

One of my favorite aspects of the end fight between him and luv is that Villeneuve correctly addressed female and male strength differences, even if they aren't human. He took a bunch of kicks to the face from her like it was nothing, and one punch from him sent her flying into the water

has to be both. their genes are obviously artificially enhanced, but going by the hints shown in the first movie, all the parts are made separately then put together. in the second movie, its implied this process renders them infertile, incapable of naturally passing these genes on.

What did the huge purple Joi scene mean?

My interpretation is K saw her call him Joe which made him think he wasn't that special and all his life he had been doing what someone else wanted, initially with the police his job and now with the resistance do this time he wanted to chart his own oath and so he led deckard to his daughter.

She did it because she was a replicant herself and she took it very personally that Joshi would make the illegal order to snuff out the only replicant who could ever breed (possibly the only half-replicant to exist) and then try and cover it up. Luv believes it to be preordained that breeding replicants will be introduced and will bring about great change.

I'm sure Wallace didnt care that much, he was just happy she brought him Deckard.

What was he feeling though at this point? Anger? Sorrow? Regret? I can't pinpoint it.

>feelings

His baseline was re-calibrated during the holo-Joi scene.

>Is a computer program void of any physical components necessary for emotion capable of feeling love?
Long answer: yes

so hope?

Humbly requesting a 'no way fag' shoop of Deckard turning down the Rachael clone

Why a general? We've pretty much talked about every single thing about the movie and now just waifu post. It's great, but we've talked about it enough.

my headcanon is that the nude ad is only shown late in the night, whereas the clothed Joi ad is shown during "civilized hours" that is when you have kids etc outside during daytime. maybe a cultural remnant of ages past when certain content only comes out during the later hours?

or it could be that the ads were in different parts of the town, with one with clothes appearing in central "good areas" and the nude in districts known for being of lesser reputation/red lights district etc.

unless ofc they have far more advanced ad tech in future, where ads are able to change in case they are viewed by single observer and take whatever stance that might be most likely to cause a reaction in that single observes, that being they see a man walk alone in middle of night and decide to push a nude ad straight in the face, whereas showing more polished more generic ads in middle of day to hundreds of possible viewers

There are a few really bad choices in the movie. One being that awful, floppy shot to the head animation.

>much resistance

So fucking happy K blew them off and they were never seen again. Really shows K's individuality while also not turning into a #resist movie.

Both showings I saw we're about 75% full. They even laughed at Deckard's annoying quips in Vegas. But I live fairly close to LA so that might be part of it.

It's sad. I wonder how they would've wrote it if when he noticed she was drowning he let her back up, hoping she'd finally stop pushing. But I guess both of them were replicants who would push to the end until they literally couldn't anymore, like real human beans.

Nah, he choose his mission to help Deckard and that Luv Nexus got in his way. Time to retire her.

I don't think they were meant to be the good guys, she wanted to strip K of what little humanity he had left and turn him into some tool for some greater cause

Both scenes with her and wallace feature water and reflection of water, but I don't know why water exactly. But they're supposed to mirror each other. I think people would hate that scene less if it came earlier in the movie, just like the first wallace scene

>Both scenes with her and wallace feature water and reflection of water
And both Wallace and the resistance leader have trouble with their vision, atleast to some extent

as K reached for Joi's holo-transmitor at the end, jesus it hit home. Well done.