Scarlet Spider

Marvel has revealed to Newsarama that by the time the first arc is complete, he will revert back to his classic, original costume.

newsarama.com/33185-scarlet-spider-going-back-to-classic-costume.html

Where did Kaine go and how did Ben come back from the dead?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but please be doc Ock.
Edgy Ben Riley needs to go.

Glad he's going back to classic and hopefully a good guy. His newer costume looked God awful. Too bad CC was character assassination

Ben didn't come back from the dead. The new "Ben" is literally just another clone with Ben's memories.

in capeworld, it is as good as coming back from the dead

>how did Ben come back from the dead?
Several years worth of Jackal was retconned as Ben. Turns out Ben was revived almost immediately after he died.

Keep in mind he's now on record as having done shit like jack of Peter for a semen sample (Way to perpetuate the stereotype that abuse victims become the abuser, Ben. Skip would be proud.) and release a custom built clone made of Gwen Stacy, Cyclops, and giant spider DNA to create a teenage girl with the mind of a baby that can turn into a giant spider with eye beams that he unleashed on New York.

Way to perpetuate the stereotype that abuse victims become the abuser, Ben. Skip would be proud.

>Deadpool didn't come back from the dead. The new Deadpool is just another clone with Deadpool's memories.

If the original isn't alive and the new is regrown from scraps of the original, it is stupid to consider the new as anything other than just the original.

Memories, but not the character. This Ben is an edgy faggot.

It would've been true if not for one thing. Souls exist.

>Lets clone him twice, no thrice, heck lets do it half a dozen time and lets make him a raving psychopath while we're at it.

That's bullshit thought. 80% of a person's character is shaped by their impression of the events in their lives recorded by their memory.

Except the Jackal's clones always end up being presented as separate from the people they were cloned from.

Ben and Kaine are clones of Peter, but they're not really Peter. Warren has cloned himself, but none of his clones were really Warren. Gwen has been cloned before, but none of those clones were really Gwen.

Plus "Ben" isn't even a clone of Ben. He's a clone of a 26th generation removed clone of Ben.

Pretty sure spider island Jackal wasn't Ben, and that the course of Jackal killing and reviving Ben like 23ish times actually took place over a long period of time(he would only try cloning Ben again once he thought he'd made considerable progress with his formula) with him finally breaking free and overthrowing Warren some time after Spider Island. I think the only thing Ben really got up to was New U. I want to check and be 100% sure though

He kinda just tried to kill everyone on Earth so i have no idea why him stopping random thugs would ingratiate me towards him at all.

That's shitty writing. If the clone has the same memories as the original, they should have the same personality and effectively be the same character.

>It would've been true if not for one thing. Souls exist.
Which is how we know someone regrown from scrap can retain their soul, for instance Deadpool, who regrew from a hand once.

Unless you think the seat of the soul is in the fapping hand, in which case, how do you know the dust used to regrow Ben wasn't his fapping hand?

Read the bloody book. Slott justified this 360 degree turn by having Ben be killed over and over, quite literally driving him insane.

>reading spider-books
>year of our Lord 2017

>Not reading Marvel books just to enjoy the fits of autistic rage their shitty writing causes you.

Ben and Kaine could be considered Peter at first, but as time went on and they made separate memories of those they got from Peter, they became their own entities.

>I have never read the original Clone Saga nor most of Marvel's 60's-80's output and its insistence that your soul is real and matters.
>Who is Joyce fucking Delaney

Yeah. But worth nothing that it's the excuse Ultimate Carnage Gwen had.

>Ben and Kaine could be considered Peter at first
Kaine was a failure because he was 100% not Peter while Ben was divergent from second five and had to be heavily conditioned through hypnosis and torture to be as close to Pete as he was initially.

Read some fucking comics.

>Read some fucking comics.
>Read Clone Saga
no thanks, heard enough bad things about it to never open it.

>Thinks the original Clone Saga, a 70's story, is the infamous 90's Clone Saga.
>Posting in a Ben Reily thread when you refuse to read his stories.

Do you even fucking read Spider-Man, you tool?

Whoops, thought this was replying to something else due to early morning grogginess, please disregard.

DeMatteis' stories, like Ben's origin and The Lost Years, are actually good to mediocre.