Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89835626/

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/90022030/
desuarchive.org/co/search/text/the-conservatory.wikia/type/op/
youtube.com/watch?v=yklyqMnfSPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last time:

-Talked about old AU projects
-Anti-Man and other characters who wear containment suits
-More about Grimoire, the book-headed witch and the demon planes
-Another old OC, Ms. Strawberry, was dug up and added to the wiki
-New pics
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Yesterday somebody suggested a Roger Rabbit/Cool World type Sup Forums setting with toons and humans. Anybody else interested in something like this?

Oh, I finally fucked up again.

Last thread is actually:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/90022030/

Glad to see this thread up, I've actually come to miss these when they're not here.

Not sure how it would work, unless it was in the cyberpunk setting and worked like The Congress.

I still make them every Saturday if no one else beats me to it before noon.

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/the-conservatory.wikia/type/op/

>GG is short, but she's not short for her age.
She is, actually. Chest aside, she's supposed to be a runt. Pic related is my own estimations; Iris is about average height for girls their age.

Maybe bump up Audrey by half a head. Having Iris be a full head taller than her feels off to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=yklyqMnfSPk

Neat.

Who is the other guy Sup Forumsnrad is looking at, or is that even another guy and not just another pile of stuff?

Hmm, maybe. When I was writing the script for the Iris two-parter, I could see Iris almost looming over Audrey. Made things feel more confrontational to me.

Or maybe make Iris shorter by half a head.

How old are they supposed to be? Freshmen in high school, a year younger than that? That's not that much shorter than adults.

I can't see her being in middle school for the very simple reason of her then lacking upperclassmen since if she were in middle school, it'd be the grade right before high school.

Some down and out street level super hero who die in a literal dead end alley. Nobody knew or cared, except his ex-wife. She wanted to have him declare legally dead so she can cash out his policy. Until Conrad found his body nobody suspected foul play. Also rumor has it that his priceless samurai sword was passed on to his disciple, but nobody have seen him in months as well. It turns out Yakuza have put out a hit on him, can Conrad find him before the gangs do? Stay Tunes.

I've always been a proponent of Audrey being a relatively early bloomer, so I generally see them as being around 13-14. Like I said, I put Iris at the average height for girls that age in . She'd likely be around Silver Queen's height or maybe an inch or two taller by the time she's grown up.

We keep talking about a scenario where GG and SQ defeat someone from the future and confiscate the technology from the future to prevent a time paradox.

What if Iris got a hold of some of that technology and started using it?

Depends on the tech and how she could use it to prove to everyone that Audrey is Golden Girl.

Just something like a portable cam quarter would be super advanced for the time, even if it used magnetic tape.

>-Talked about old AU projects

I had a real urge to make something up just to see if I'd plant some false memories in people's minds.

I'm well aware of old AU projects like Gaang Jr., My Dad Doom, Gadget Noir, Larfleeze and Desire do Las Vegas, and a few others.

Sup Forums never stops making AUs, it's just those ones were from a time where they felt more special for some reason and also had their own threads on plus4chan's /coc/ board.

Saying that, what happened to the "perfect catgirl waifu" that was made in a lab, but escaped?

Audrey's a bit too short in that one. 4'5" is the least I would go.
I always assumed she was in 8th grade/freshman year of HS.

Which one was that again?

It was back when we were trying to flesh out the cyberpunk setting. IIRC animal people (think Batman Beyond Splicers) were made in labs while the robot people where "natural" occurrences.

I think what this chart is forgetting is that superheros tend to be tall as part of the whole heroic build thing so Silver Queen would be more like 5'11" or even six feet, similar to Wonder Woman, and then Golden Guardian is in the upper echelon of that at 6'4"

That could pose a really interesting question. Say that robots developed their intelligence and sentience naturally, so their status as deserving rights isn't even an argument. While a manufactured people, while being a totally organic and living creature, aren't a natural creation, so should they get rights equal to that of a natural intelligence?

Silver Queen never struck me as being that tall, though. Were superheroines commonly that tall back in the 50s?

>implying those lab freaks deserve rights

I don't remember that setting.

Are we talking metal, computers, and electricity robots, or some other type?

Isn't a robot a metal-skinned, computer-brained, electricity-powered being anyway?

Not sure how they evolved into a "life form", but maybe an AI replicated itself upon attempted deletion and ended up having individuality come about as a natural outcome of disparate intelligences in disparate bodies?

Not necessarily.

>a machine capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically, especially one programmable by a computer.

So you could have a clockwork robot.

But how does a robot come about without anyone building it?

Self-replication/reproduction of some kind?

I really like Rogues Galleries. Something about a bunch of villains themed around a hero really works for me, like how so many of Spidey's repeat villains are either scientists or people who suffered through accidents. Makes great fodder for stories when you can just look at a list and select the appropriate enemy.

Which of our current characters has rogues? It looks like a few of them do. Does anyone need more?

Rogues Galleries for specific heroes that come to mind without checking are
-Appladay
-Bees Knees
-Chaptor
-Shark Lass (a villain with a gallery of heroes)

I know there's a bunch more who have a lot of enemies.

I'd say Jetpack Viking and Manny Quinn could use bad guys they fight regularly who aren't in the Sageworthy Society.

Old flavor Justice Comrades can be hard to work with when it comes to recurring villain themes because of how weird they usually are. For Jetpack Viking, the only thing I can think is some enemy or rival from that [insert war here] coming back to haunt him.

Really?

For Manny Quinn I'd think he'd fight ghost clothes before joining the J/co/.

Robots also dislike the synthoids because they're being replaced due to the environmental concerns caused by a large population that requires electricity and rare metals to exist and continue living.

But then where does the first one come from?

Where their more primitive robots that upgraded to the current model line?

Maybe they see them like we see monkeys?

As for the first one, maybe they see an aspect of God the Geometer in this creator and first creation? Sort of God the Programmer.

Like, what would a Robot Divine Creation be like?

A solar flare that lights up a cloud of plasma/dust in space which just so happens to create the first binary system?

>a totally random electrical event triggered the creation of sentient life

This is what binarytheists actually believe.

What's that type of knight called the worships the sun? If there's a robot version of that, then they'd fire back at your remarks.

Do you mean Solaire of Astoria?

I don't know what I mean.

4'5" could work, too. Like I said, it's an estimation. I was working off how she measures up with the 5'10" Briana here, and figured out SQ's height based on that.

Canon is especially loose in pictures like that so it may not be a good idea to use it as a reference tool.

Well, I only used it to figure out a general range for Audrey's height and fiddled around until I found a number that seemed to work right.

What kind of stories would Alpha, the robot boy end up in?

None, because he's fucking shit.

Motion has one of the most extensively detailed Rogues' Galleries for /coc/.

High school undercover with ladybug.

Well i think 4'5" is alright considering she's still a pubescent teenager. I mean she'd be shorter than Marley but obviously only for a few years. The question is does he vertical growth happen slowly over time or all at once like her tits?

Probably a spurt near the end of her development, after a suitably appropriate moment in her personal life.

Can't be worse than oppai loli or boobbrows.

Why go undercover at a high school?

>boobbrows

Briana is a fucking treasure. Her huge, soft brows are the best thing Sup Forums has ever created.

containment business.

Sup Forumsntainment, or just regular containment? Last I saw he's sort of a fugitive from Sup Forumsntainment since he spilled hot coffee on Muttonchops.

And now it's time to see if the thread makes it through the night.

My thought is that it happens as quickly as her boobs grew in, just before she goes off to college and starts operating solo as Bullion.

I also think she and Iris end up roommates at college, which starts Iris's transition from rival to ally.

I think Audrey getting tall would happen more slowly.

Sometime using high school, I think Iris would lose her malice about exposing who GG is.

Here's how I think it would go down.
GG meets her future self after they've foiled whatever future bad guy came back in time, we see the "I'm going to be tall!" line take place from GG's perspective, but then in another comic, we repeat that from another perspective and show Iris holding some of that future technology.

She takes it home and begins trying to figure out how to use it, some of it is an AI that begins talking to her and instructing her on how to repair the technology.
Iris now has mobile cameras and stuff for spying, but the AI is also using them to do things, like steal stuff. It's slowly turning Iris into a supervillain without her realizing it.

This would be an on going arc that concludes some time during high school when GG finally confronts the mastermind behind the drones and discovers it's Iris, but she's unaware of what they've been doing behind her back, her obsession with exposing GG blinded her to the evil being committed.

Something happens here, maybe the AI's goal was to get into BIGRAC and stage an assassination attempt on SQ to keep her from thwarting something big in the future.

When GG saves SQ, she notes just how much GG has grown and begins training her to use the bracers.

Of course, anything with an on going plot would be nestled between a lot of gag comics.

>I think Audrey getting tall would happen more slowly.
I thought it make for a decent bookend to have things start and proverbially end with a sudden growth spurt.

Also, going back to the college roomies thing, I thought it would be kinda funny to have Iris get so caught up in college preparation that she actually misses Audrey's growth spurt, and arrives at college to find that A) Audrey's her roommate, and B) she's shot up almost two feet.

>I think Iris would lose her malice about exposing who GG is.
I never really saw it as malice. More of a mix of frustration and a determinaton to prove she's right. The AI plot is a neat idea, though.

How about a demon tailor, creating haunted clothes?
Maybe mirrroring Eric Powell's "Hillbilly" having a focus on the Devil's cutlery.

I wonder if Time Travel in the GG universe is what Multiverse travel is to DC. Eras of comics being treated how different Earths coexist.

So maybe malice was the wrong word, but her obsessive nature over GG diminishes after that plot resolves.

Reminds me of that idea where a big bomb suit (magically animated) is stuffed full of lightweight morph suits (also magically animated) so it can "throw up" fodder.

So why's the demon tailor sewing souls into fabric?

Would that take away from being able to slide gradually from one era to the next though?

Well, the general idea is that, as an in-universe comic book, GG's world gradually transitions from one era to the next with the passing times. So...kind of?

Would BIGRAC originate from some of the future tech?
Or just be created imitating it?

Does it need to be connected? There's been talk in the past of GG's world having a BTAS-style retro-yet-advanced tech level.

This is just how my mind works, I like finding connections everywhere, applying it to fictional settings like these helps keep me sane.

No, they don't need to be connected, but if there were a connection, it would make it easier for the supposed AI to hijack SQ's Bat Computer.

Slow day today.

I did overhaul that Ms. Strawberry wiki entry a day or two ago.

>In other news, craft stores across the country report a mass shortage of double sided tape...

So the Stan Lee way of coming up with characters is just to look around the room, find a random object or animal near your desk, and use that as a power, right?

There's a glass cup on the desk near me, so clearly I should come up with some sort of glass-based power. Or maybe there's a whole world of characters small enough to live in my carpet. Am I doing this right?

>They called me Mister Glass.

I tried to be Stan and became Shyamalan? Now that's what I call a twist.

I giggled.

That said... a character whose only power is that they get injured but never actually take lethal damage/die could be cool. You could sit there pounding on them with a chainsaw and they'd just get a bit cut up and bruised. Maybe break a bone.

No idea how they'd ever get anything done, though. Would spend a lot of time getting tossed around or groaning on the floor.

You just described Captain Skinless of the Justice Sup Forumsmrades. He can recover from anything, except his skin.

The thing about characters who can regenerate or shrug off lethal damage, but otherwise lack offensive abilities, is they have greater defensive game.
The bad guy can wail on them for hours and all it does it wear the bad guy down enough until the person with average strength can take them down or another super with offensive abilities comes to assist.

Such a character can die a hundred deaths, get up from each one of them, and keep fighting. It is the inverse of "evil only needs to win once".

This is a useless ability when the bad guy has a clear objective or bystanders are around since they can be targeted while you recover, but in a one-on-one fight, the opponent is fucked since they have no real way of winning.

Unless they put the regenerating person in a barrel and fill it with cement, dropping them into a body of water.
Or launch them into space.
I'd consider that a win against those types of characters since they have no way of coming back from that.

And also Strummer now that I think about it.

>Or maybe there's a whole world of characters small enough to live in my carpet.
Sounds like a decent children's fantasy series.

I've always meant to do a comic or something for the /coc/ threads but im always to lazy to do it.

Well here's a Erin concept thing, hope you like

Huh, well that's neat.

There is the idea that her wardrobe expands as time goes on and she acquires more personal funds and access to fabrics.

Time to find out if the thread will live or die.

What do Erin's living arrangements look like on the Demon Planes?

>tfw trying to think of a series idea that I could animate relatively easily (like peppa pig level of easy) and with the kind of humor like leo &| satan

Probably like a fine Parisian apartment, overlooking the Tower of the Damned Souls. Make her feel like she's home.

Fuck those damned souls, am I right? Personally I'd never live near people who are screaming at such late hours.

I always thought of BTAS as ambiguously in the past, Beyond as ambiguously in the future, and JL as ambiguously the present.

My choice of tech level is WWII, but with some anachronisms from Batman '66.

Like BIGRAC being a rejected prototype military computer, yet being able to do things that would be frankly impossible if not for being handwaved.

In the crisis that allows GG to interact with the main Sup Forumsverse, that would be a good time for some kind of AI/Machine intelligence to sneak into Iris's care from the future without causing a paradox from Golden Guardian's future.

Still need a Bullion design, which depends on how proportionate she is. I'd place her college days as where Bullion debuts, with Graduation being where she finally emerges as Golden Guardian. That gives time for Iris to work as intel for Audrey, and gain character development as she sorts out her feelings.

>I'd place her college days as where Bullion debuts, with Graduation being where she finally emerges as Golden Guardian.
Those were my thoughts as well. Graduation or maybe a year or two afterwards.

>Still need a Bullion design, which depends on how proportionate she is.
I see Bullion as being at her full adult height, but still on the lean side of athletic. The Golden Guardian era, when she starts wearing the bracelets, is when she starts actively putting on muscle to take full advantage of the strength enhancement.

>winter seasonal girl is losing her power

In other news, time to buy stocks in Spring.

going to throw some ideas out

Glass Transmutation can change things to glass and back again Possible name glass cannon ?

Or the power to create large glass walls and surfaces called looking glass or pain'd glass ?

Going to follow that idea i have a hard drive on my desk so obviously some sort of information or computing powers.
Data Bank the info broker with a huge memory and can talk to computers, dabbles as a hacker but keeps the day job of an investment banker.

I had an idea of a lovecraftian setting with Cookie and Deelete, where meets the mysterious girl Deelete who seems harmless and pure at first but somehow strange things happens around her, at first small things but it ends up as bad as some grown-ups acting strange around her, there is even a dangerous cult after her who is trying to kidnap. Cookie as an aspiring hero tries to save, he also tries to know more about her and yet at the same time he fears about knowing too much, like there is something about her, a true that he should never know.

She must've gone to a lot of effort to design it then.

Screaming Dammed Souls makes it feel a bit like living in a tropical climate during the summer when all the frogs chirp all night and the cicadas are singing.

If you grow up with that, it's pretty much like a lullaby.

I was thinking Iris would get the future stuff after a gag strip of GG fighting some future thing where her future self shows up, not a full fledged crossover.

OK, so who are the bad guys? What kind of cult?

I was thinking in that GG's training with the bracers would begin years before they became her's so she'd be ready for them.

Or bears from the beard dimension.

That's another old thing.