Shadowland: Power Man Storytime

Welcome back Anons! Last time, we read through all of Shadowland. Today, we meet the new, and current, Power Man!

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/NRFiK
imgur.com/a/MqoRl
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All things considered, this is probably the best of the three tie-ins. I would've left it for last, but but I left it up to you guys instead.

For some reason, despite being Hawkeye at the time, Bullseye went out in his Bullseye costume when he went to take out Daredevil.

Oh shit, it's Korvac!

... Yeah, I can see why the Nextflix show wouldn't have Cottonmouth dress like he did in the comics.

"Red PJs?" Is "fucking ninjas" not street enough?

A new superhero vs. three Hand ninjas.

No bets on who wins.

You know, because it wasn't obvious by the cover.

Yeah, about as well as I expected.

>"I pimp with my mind!"

Somehow, I doubt this line will manage to slip into one of his live action appearances, even if they try to do a flashback.

That little caption box down there, as well as the general tone of this mini, makes it feel like I'm reading one of the old Power Man books, and I mean that in a good way.

Would YOU buy pizza from a place where the logo has a gun?

I'm really rusty on my Spanish, anyone want to translate for the other readers?

We'll end up seeing more of "The Rivals" soon.

Man, I was a little shit as a kid too, but I'd like to think even I'd know better than this.

So in addition to the Dojo from Immortal Iron Fist, Danny also runs a soup kitchen on his time off.

Although it looks like Misty's running the School for Thunder, as of one of the Civil War II tie-ins, or at least works at it with Silhouette of the New Warriors.

I remember reading the new power man back in the day.

Whatever happened to that kid?

Well, he got a team-up book with Danny, but since then Ewing is the only one to use him, in Mighty Avengers and his New Avengers.

It ended with a tease that he and Blue Marvel's kid were going to become the new Power Man and Iron Fist "just to see the looks on their faces".

Assuming Danny's not lying, that's quite the mystery, don't you think?

I guess if you can't have Luke wear the classic silk and tiara, the outfit from his New Avengers mini is a decent enough recognizable costume.

Craigslist, paypal, and Hotmail? Why are you even BOTHERING to have a secret identity?

I remember reading this tie in and then the new power man trade with Danny.

I'm surprised he's still around although I suppose that's nice to hear. I haven't read any current Marvel since Fear Itself.

Somehow I missed most of Parkerbolts so cheers for the storytimes, OP.

I missed Luke and Danny banter after all that Bendis, I really did.

>"This is for my father!"

Oh boy, will you Anons be in for a shock when you find out who his dad is..

I'm skipping the general history for Luke and Danny, because I've posted the whole thing, and, if you go through enough links, you'll see the storytimes.

HINT HINT!

And then Vic's dad was one of the 100+ people who died when Bullseye blew up the building Shadowland stands on.

>there are drugs in the Marvel univese based on Gods

Can you imagine driving up to your local dealer and going "How much for some Thor?"

>I haven't read any current Marvel since Fear Itself.

I'd be lying if I said I blamed you. We've read almost all of Luke and Danny's pre-Fear Itself appearances, so if you keep up it should all be new to you.

... Married to a shitty Bendis OC?

>Luke Cage can jump almost three stories

He was feeling nostalgic

All right Anons, if you're a REAL fan of Luke Cage, you should be able to recognize everyone in the bottom half of the page, except the one holding the phone, and the guy in the hat and jacket. Hell, you can probably even guess who the woman is too.

>"I'm covergin' neighborhoods you two forgot about a long time ago!!"
>"Yeah, for a price!"
>"That's how folks 'round here know they can trust me. They know I'm not just gonna run off to Mars or Atlantis like every other do-gooder with bad fashion sense! I LIVE here! I'm one of them!"

I don't know if Luke ever put it into those words, but back in the old Power Man and Iron Fist days, he frequently used similar logic.
It wasn't until after Danny "died" that it was about "I take money because I'm good at it".

Why are these Hand Ninjas wearing their classic outfits and not their Daredevil-inspired outfits?

Nightshade?

So yeah, THIS is an interesting trick.

Speaking of Nostalgia, just LOOK at these guys!

If you haven't guessed their names yet, I'll give you one more chance.

Do you think you know?

From right to left, they are Spear, Mr. Fish, Chemistro, Chesire, Cockroach Hamilton, and Commanche

>How many have died at the hands of tht savage How much blood?
>They need to give Daredevil a medal, his own stop (bus stop?), like when the Yankees win the World Serees for killing that animal
>It's bad karma to wish death upon a man
>Karma? Sis', don't start with that hippie crap

Did Seanbaby make Mr. Fish famous by this point?

I won't lie, I never even noticed the costumes were different until you just mentioned it.

I guess I never noticed, among other things, the little horns.

>not wanting a sharp-toothed pimp
Laaaaaaaaaaaaame

>How many have died at the hands of that savage?
>How much blood?
>Daredevil should be given a medal-- a parade, like when the Yankees win the Series-- for killing that animal
>It's bad karma to wish death upon someone
>Karma? Sister, don't come at me with that hippie garbage

Pretty decent Spanish all in all, if not a bit too neutral.

Mr. Fish and Chesire are the only ones with actual powers, right?

Okay, Mr. Fish HAD to be a meme by this point.

Most definetly, but I'm pretty sure that the Mr. Fish meme predates Sean

>Shades turned straight, and died between appearances

And despite being a big deal in the Netflix series, he's still dead.

>Looks like the seventies puked all over them
You're one to talk Luke

>... Married to a shitty Bendis OC?
What a hard life.

Yeah, I think so.

Thanks for the translation, user!

And so is Diamondback. But who knows, maybe that'll change with Luke's new series.

So, did you figure out who the new Power Man's dad is yet? They all but smacked you upside the head with it.

Wait a minute, how do they know it was Bullseye? I thought that Osborn covered it up and framed someone else.

Well there WAS a chemistro who managed to use his powers without the gun, but it looks like he isn't that one, so yes.
Granted, an alchemy gun is basically a superpower when compared to "a worse Hawkeye" and "six barreled shotgun".

Which Chemistro is this?

With the black trenchcoat, Luke's looking more "early 00's".

See, Diamondback I wouldn't mind bringing back. Former best friend who betrayed Luke out of jealousy? Sounds like big recurring villain material, and he died Luke's second issue.

I meant that Luke Cage being a product of 70s blaxploitation is the last person who should be shitting on people for looking like the 70s.

user, nobody knows who Osborn's Avengers were until the end, save a few superheroes who guessed.
They knew Bullseye blew up the building, because he went out dressed as Bullseye. What they DIDN'T know, at least until after Siege, was that he was the new Hawkeye.

I suppose THAT may have been why he dressed like his old self when taking down Daredevil, and not JUST nostalgia, now that I think about it.

>We need to get to Shadowland
Wait, did they just leave a bunch of unconcious super-villains on the roof?

And not only does Big Ben Donavan get a brief cameo, but it also confirms what guessed, that we are indeed dealing with Nightshade!

According to the wikia, CALVIN Carr, the first one's brother.

Going by the last page of that same issue, they literally did, hence why most of them got out.

>user, nobody knows who Osborn's Avengers were until the end, save a few superheroes who guessed.
You'd think it would have at the very least easy to guess that Ms. Marvel was Moonstone and Venom was Spider-Man since they were public members of the Thunderbolts.

Okay, this shit is spooky.

So not only is Victor the new Power Man, he could also be the new Iron Fist.

Possibly, but Bullseye in particular was never publicly a member.

How the hell did Hamilton not have a warrant out for his arrest? Did he somehow manage to already serve time for everything?

I guess the ninjas got better at sneaking, considering last time Danny and Shang-Chi both noticed the three of them before they entered the building.

It's weird when they have multiple versions of the same villain identity around at the same time and they all wear the exact same costume.
Like how it's impossible to tell the original King Cobra apart from his nephew.

>"I will refresh browser history."
>"Ancient ninja secret."

Remember when Ghost Rider was just randomly inserted into Shadowland, and did jack shit?

Victor OP, pls nerf

I guess Cottonmouth has a smaller ha for when he plans to have to bite people.

And he's only gonna get even more OP.

How long has it been since he last appeared? He could have, given how batshit prison sentences seem to be.

DEEEEEVS, I mean, MARVEEEEEEL

>It's weird when they have multiple versions of the same villain identity around at the same time and they all wear the exact same costume.

That's just it, there usually aren't, at least for Chemistro. Only two of them look similiar, and they're brothers, and one went straight. But then Bendis decided to bring him back as a villain, because for a Luke Cage fan, he's surprisingly unread on Luke Cage.

And now they just outright tell you, "Yeah, Victor's dad was Shades."

>given how batshit prison sentences seem to be.
Yeah, in the MU, you'll see villains be legally out of jail even when it makes no fucking sense given the severity of their crimes and their multiple breakouts in the past. Like Turk, how does he keep staying out of prison? He's poor and black.

Looks like Vic's mom learned some ancient ninja secrets herself.

Seriously, just check when Ewing did with him if you want OP. I'd talk about Power Creep, but the X-Men probably have some of the most bullshit examples of that outside of Superman.

>but the X-Men probably have some of the most bullshit examples of that outside of Superman.
Remember those Silver Age magneto powers.

>"You looking for something... boy?"

Racist, or talking shit about his title? YOU decide!

Keep this in mind, Anons. It looks like Vic's powers CAN be shut down.

These people need to learn to use incognito mode, like I always do for everything not work related. Nobody will ever know that I post on Sup Forums.

>"When your Daddy and Comanche decided to step up their game, they came to me for new weapons."

Remember back during the Bronze Age, when Shades and Comanche just FOUND super tech? Decades later, we found out where they got it.

imgur.com/a/NRFiK

Some SA magneto

You know, I'm surprised she doesn't go full supervillain and kill him to get the crystal back.

Honestly, I was thinking of Iceman.

>Clearly the shades exploding gave you superpowers, it's the only logical explanation!

We've all (presumably) read X-user's trip through Silver Age X-Men.

If not, go there after this, his mega should still be on desu!

>Honestly, I was thinking of Iceman.
Special this page. imgur.com/a/MqoRl

>We've all (presumably) read X-user's trip through Silver Age X-Men.
>
>If not, go there after this, his mega should still be on desu!
Silver Age X-men was some weird shit,

See Vic? She was able to hack your accounts because you use freaking HOTMAIL.

Does that make any more sense than what Iron Fist is suggesting?

DUN DUN DUN!

Fuckin' Cypher, man.