Was this episode supposed to be an allegory about something? Maybe I'm an idiot...

Was this episode supposed to be an allegory about something? Maybe I'm an idiot, but I seriously can't even guess what the message was supposed to be.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jUJ8BbHkg6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can't be a lesbian space rock If you aren't a lesbian space rock

It's a 'fuck you' to tumblr SJWs.

How so?

I can think of 3 allegories for what happen there but everyone was such a fucking ooc hypocrite that i dont even know what to get out of this one.

>the second it wasn't about you you stopped caring
>this isn't the club about making you feel good its my whole life
>you're just a guy with a blog!

now that you mention it...
i kinda see how you reached this conclusion .

it's like you can't be something only by supporting it or just "saying" you are a part of it .
like the LGBT community , i thought it was a fuck you to those who join them without being gay .
but that user kinda made me realize it was a fuck you to everyone that isn't lauren zuke .

They really wanted to make a "Ronaldo is Alex Jones" joke, and had no idea what to do after that.

My takeaway on it was it was a test of Steven's universal philosophy of love and acceptance. Renaldo is a complete and utter cunt. Shame that the episode ended with Steven still trying to be all nice and generous to Renaldo, even as he sits there absorbed in his delusions of grandeur.

>everyone was such a fucking ooc hypocrite
Hows that?

>it was a fuck you to everyone that isn't lauren zuke
Huh?

That was so on the nose it fell off.

>my gem name is "BloodStone".
>my gempon is "Katana".
>connie's weapon is sword .
>She stole my idea .
*Silent Autistic screeching from Ronaldo*

it's can be about a lot of things depending on how you read it, but the two readings i'm getting are that the episode is either about
>overzealous fans of steven universe and general fandom discourse
ronaldo is the fan who tries to dictate what should and should not be, the episode being shown in the worst KLALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU fashion

>lgbt or feminism allies
in which ronaldo is just A FUCKING WHITE MALE or whatever

either way they made ronaldo a strawman, made the point too obvious and at the same time too obscure to tell, meaning that while you do understand what they're trying to say, you don't know who they're talking about

a shit episode all around
only thing i can salvage is the "THEY HATE MEN?" bit because it legitimately made me laugh

It's a fuck you to Tumblr?

And? Ronaldo has always been an autistic tard.

Does anyone have a screenshot of the face Pearl makes when Renaldo says he's going to be living with them?

>in which ronaldo is just A FUCKING WHITE MALE or whatever
They should've had Ronaldo bring in the other townie kids too so that white males wouldn't get triggered.

Something about appropriating culture and talking over people on shit you barely know I guess.

It's kind of a two-fold message.

Allegory1)
The Crystal Gems are kind of an allegory for sexual minorities(but also racial minorities).

Ronoldo handing out leaflets with misinformation, conjecture and stereotypes about the Gems represents a non-minority person having a prejudiced view on a certain group based on non-malevolent ignorance.

Allegory 2)
Once Ronldo has seen the error of his ways, he see's he really likes the Gems and wants to "be" one of them to help their "cause". Sort of like an SJW who is perhaps cis, hetro, white or male wanting to be an ally.
Eventually, he takes it two far and starts to try and dominate Steven, even implying at one point he's "Not doing what a real crystal gem would do". This reminds me of when an SJW mod on scans_daily (comic blog community) accused a black user of being racist against blacks.

There are also some subtle things going on with Ronaldo doing cultural appropriation to the gems culture.

It's a fuck you to anyone or any group on Internet thinking their opinion it's the most important.

"They Hate men" it's a clearly unsubtle reference to feminists.
This episode its anti feminist, and I love it for it.

I think they kind of want to but that would make him to mean.

Deep down, Ronoldo has a good heart, he's just got some minor redpill tendencies.

Also his sword has the colors of peridot.
The plot thickens.

>Ronaldo edgelord's his way through an adventure that cements him as TV's most realistic nerd.

It was heavy handed satire folks. One of the characters fell asleep after huffing too much from the whipped cream canister.

>anti feminist
>zuke episode
Doubt.

There is a Steven Universe general. Keep it to one thread.

>A FUCKING WHITE MALE

I really hope this isn't one of those weird sjw messages.

>Ronaldo goes to become a Crystal gem.
it's an analogy for fans wanting to change things and creating OC characters that belong to the same universe .
same as lauren was a normal fan artist untill sugar gave her a job .

>Ronaldo acts all high and mighty when steven ignores him .
all of the autistic shit the fandom did without giving a single fuck about the creators .
EX:
-Keystone motel incident
-Drove another artist into """"Attempted Suicide""""
-Bleaching some charaters from the show
in zukes case she tried to force lapidot .

>Steven tells ronaldo that the crystal gems are his life .
basically the fandom can't change anything since they aren't the show runners .

ironically the same thing lauren tried to "portray" to the autistic fandom happened to her and she got kicked for it .

How would being Alex Jones make him mean?

Literally nothing about that has anything to do with SJWs. SJWs are dicks about progressivism. That's it. It DOESN'T mean "things I don't like".

Ronaldo's white? I was thought he was native Hawaiian. I did get the shitty male ally vibe, but at times the episode was so clearly aimed at outsiders of any culture it could be taken as almost anything that an outsider tries to change to suit their needs.

white male """allies""" need to leave

>Steven walks around with his hands sticking out

Everything this little faggot does is annoying. Why do people like him?

>implying very firmly that this isn't a hallucination Renaldo is having as he endures enhanced interrogation by the agents of White or Yellow Diamond

>Culture appropriation
Sorry but this is just fucking stupid.

How so?

It's a subtle message about lesbians having kids.

Because he's adorable

>Dude is like a representation of a typical user
>Dud is like a representation of a typical tumblr

More proof Sup Forums and tumblr are the same.

Actually that makes some sense.

Episode was still annoying though

But isn't everything in a progressive society?

No, he really isn't.

It's a very American centric view of how culture works. It also ignores history.

I Can't Believe My Step Dad Is A Sword - because he isn't

Who is the mysterious Ronald CKO?

How does it feel to be so wrong

Yeah okay that one was dumb.

You tell me, since you're the one in the wrong.

> It DOESN'T mean "things I don't like".
what are you even trying to say? What does this have to do with anything in my post?

I want you to have sex with me. Right here. Right now.

>It DOESN'T mean "things I don't like".
Yet the only time they are outraged, it's over things they like while stuff that doesn't interest them falls off the radar.

Give me your GPS coordinates fellow flesh being.

>no u

Maybe he made it out of the piece of her ship that he dragged off.

probably some gay shit

Don't be autistic.
That was the lesson

It's ok to be wrong. But the first step toward the right direction is admitting that you're wrong.

>Fat
>Queer
>Retard
>Pigface
>Preachy
>You somehow find all of this adorable

You should probably go see a doctor for that.

I love SU but no, it's not adorable. It's awful and I would do anything to make it stop.

You need money and caring professionals/ a family of fun thieves for that though. And a working chemistry lab. And guns. And a bomb-shelter ironically situated in a used missile silo.

He said he got it from a convention.

This episode was shit and took all the fun out of Ronaldo's character. Those scenes with him and steven had total shit pacing and direction.

youtube.com/watch?v=jUJ8BbHkg6U
I don't know user, you tell me

That sure is an opinion. May I ask why you felt the need to shit up this thread with it?

the entire ep is about SJW retardation.
maybe made just for the zami incident being the last straw or who knows. i dont see how anyne got anything else from it

>renaldo realizes he was wrong about the gems
discovering tumblr logic/ checking privilegde

>he decides to join the gems
joins movement despite knowing nothing just because lol/ self-identifies as a group just because lol

>spend entire time wanking over how cool he is
special snowflake syndrome

>jealous over connie getting a weapon
completely missing the point/ being this petty

>telling steven what does and doesnt make a gem based on arbitraty, subjective requirments
"youre not a REAL feminist/women/LGBT ally/racist if..."

>"youre just a guy with s blog!"
self-explanitory

i thought Sup Forums would shit itself over this in the best way

>retard
Just saying mean words with no evidential backing doesn't make you right.

God, Steven is such a faggot.

>It's a 'fuck you' FROM tumblr SJWs.
ftfy

just because it was hilariously heavyhanded doesn't mean they werent serious

>took all the fun out of Ronaldo's character.
You can't get rid of something that isn't there.

it's just him interacting with Ronaldo. Next week is probably with Lars and Amethyst.

This episode was about people who use a cause to promote themselves at the expense of that same cause. Like wearing an "identity" like it's a fashion statement. You know those fuckers who take hormones to make themselves androgynous because they think it's cool? People like that. Basically, pretending you care about something for the sake of your ego.

Community did something like this in season one but pulled it off much more successfully because they didn't make either side obviously correct. It's hard to separate enthusiastic ignorants and attention whores so it pays to give people the benefit of the doubt up to a certain point.

Basically, the original meaning of SJW or armchair ____

What the hell are you talking about?

>You know those fuckers who take hormones to make themselves androgynous because they think it's cool? People like that.

What?

The episode was Zuke venting her frustrations with bad LGBT allies who are self absorbed and make everything about them. The language used in the episode is incredibly similar to the language butthurt tumblr users use.

See

I said it as a joke but now i remembered hes also 14 years old so im not so sure now

It all makes sense now. This show is told from the perspective of a gay retard. That explains a lot.

When Andy came, I hoped he will somehow quit Steven's fagotery. But I guess it won't ever happen; I wouldn't be surprised if we ever see him painting his nails at this point.

So, yes, a 'fuck you' to tumblrites.

Guess you can expect this is going to make a comeback.

It's also remarkably similar to the shit butthurt Sup Forumsfags say about tumblr. So what fucking difference does it make?

a nonbinary gay writer

I know he hangs around women majority of the time and he's a bit effeminate but this did seem a tad...much.

>queer
>has a girlfriend
?????

The only way you can make Steven any gayer is if you show him with an actual dick in his mouth.

Probably one of the only things I liked about this episode was that we didn't get the usual "WHAT SHES NOT MY GIRLFRIEND" shit you usually get in kids cartoons.

>not finding Steven cute

What are you, faggits?

Hell yes

I mean, if you insert Zuke as Ronaldo and how she wanted to take over SU then it's kinda funny I guess? The episode still sucks very bad though.

I like /ss/, but steven is just too annoying; I like them in silence.

Okay,do you feel better now ? Got all the buzzwords out of your system ?

He's a fat and ugly pig-nosed annoying kid that refuses to grow up. His voice is obnoxious and grating to listen to. There is nothing likable about his design or his personality.

> not liking idealistic chubby kid

Gaaaay

>So what fucking difference does it make?
Its Tumblr calling out Tumblr, but more specifically, Zuke calling out Tumblr, the diference is that, while the message its true, the person saying it has no legs to stand on, its like that page where the joker didnt want to join red skull becouse he was nazi and he was offended as an american, leaving aside that it makes no sense for the character, the joker kill count, that it might me on par with red skull and his disposition to kill and torture anyone for shits and giggles makes the indignation invalid in every sense.

Or for a more known example the page where all the marvel super villians are crying over the twin towers

He is a bean eyebrowed abomination. And there is nothing salvagable on him.

>tumblr is a hive mind

>He's a fat and ugly pig-nosed annoying kid that refuses to grow up.

So was his mother, so it's pretty fitting.

>>tumblr is a hive mind

Nigga what did i just said?

>but more specifically, Zuke calling out Tumblr

It's about people who try to seem progressive but wind up appropriating other people's cultures and don't care about people who are actually a part of that culture.

I wasnt a fan of Steven's design or his voice originally - he came off very abrasive and almost annoying early on. However to say he hasn't had any progress as a character or any good traits is just wrong.

He can be assertive,quick-thinking and badass when he wants to be, he is very compassionate and always tries to help others. He has his flaws too, usually internalizing problems and being "too nice" which he's gotten a bit of a spine recently. Rocknaldo was just a bad episode.

Is Steven a perfect protagonist? Of course not, but he's decent enough.