Are any of the infinity gems disproportionately stronger than the other gems?

Are any of the infinity gems disproportionately stronger than the other gems?

One is reality.

I feel like that might make it weaker?

Ego

There is one missing isn't there?

With absolutely zero knowledge of SU or wherever this comes from, I'd say:

Reality >>>>>>>>>>>>> Time > Space > Mind > Power >>>>>>>>>> Soul

>SU

7/10, my butt is flustered.

>SU

Nope, been 6 since Thanos went after them.

Reality Gem is the most powerful of the infinity gem and more details of it has been explored during Thanos Quest story arc.

Did they get used much before Thanos went after them? Were they 'get out of jail' items that writers used when necessary?

Iirc, the cosmic cube was the endgame relic before Thanos Quest, and if Beyonder was around before that then the gems would be kind of pointless.

>su
kek

Power all the others are around the same power level except for Power which is disproportionally weaker than the rest.

It's entire function is essentially to work with the other gems to make their power universal.

Reality is more matter and physics maniulation from what I remember

>SU

Alone they only give like 1 power each.

>Power tends to put someone on Hulk's physical level
>Space makes someone a teleporter
>Mind makes someone almost Xavier levels of telepathy

It's when you mix them like power+Mind makes someone Legion or upper levels Jean Grey. Or Time+Mind lets you read thoughts of anyone in history or know what they will be thinking in the future.That kind of thing.

Soul still has the weirdest most undefined powerset of the bunch. It's sometimes magic, sometimes just a portal to the dead universe, it fires lasers,who knows.

Reality is said to still be bullshit even when it is by itself.

still laughing

Power has the most limited utility alone since it only controls raw force (and both space and reality impede on its domain) but despite their name the infinity gems still have a limited amount of power, they don't grant complete dominion over their elements. For instance Jean Grey at her strongest could probably still go toe to toe with someone with the mind gem because she's such a powerful telepath. Franklin Richards could still fuck up someone with the reality gem.

And that's why power, like you said, is fundamentally different from the other gems. All it bestows is limitless strength, but it is the only gem that bestows absolute or limitless power on its own. Nobody could physically fight someone with the power gem no matter how strong they are. Which is why the power gem is so important. It's the catalyst that expands the reach of the other five gems to have absolute dominion over each of their respective elements.

In this sense of course, all you really need are the power and reality gems.

I'm fucking dying here.

Or you could just get the cosmic cube and save yourself the innevitable trouble with Thanos.

Just manufacture a few of 'em honestly.

Personally, I liked that The Great Society's earth had the infinity gems and the cosmic cube meld into one. Each infinity gem was instead an "infinite plain" and since there were six of them they naturally formed a cube, a "wishing box". Instead of arbitrarily being slotted into a gauntlet with no inherent power of its own. Especially since people have 5 fingers but there's 6 gems so one is just tacked on he back.

The Mind Gem on it's own is probably the weakest. Here is Moondragon wielding it and STILL losing to Dr Strange in a psychic battle.

I like that a lot too. What's that from?

>With absolutely zero knowledge of SU or wherever this comes from

Are you trying to piss people off user?
Because your right it does come from SU.
pick related and proof

Why ISN'T there art of the Infinity Gems as Gems?

Got you my guy

I've thought of the Infinity Gems have equal 'strength' or effectiveness or whatever in that they funnel infinite ability to change the universe down a single semantic perception. They're all actually controlling the same thing; space-is-time-is-energy(Power)-is-mind-is-reality-is-soul

They're all just giving infinite control through the funnel of semantics.

Having them all together allows a consciousness to tap into their ultimate potential (their both meaning the gems and themselves, reality itself) to change the world entirely as they see fit

this power is possible in 'reality' but we're not quite smart enough to really recognize that intuitively yet; even I feel like a raving madman writing this

I'm pretty sure that before Thanos Quest their powers weren't really defined and the Soul Gem was the only one given any significant attention. The Elders who carried them didn't really understand what kind of power they were wielding.

I admit it, I laughed

Just try conquering the universe while carrying around a Rubik's Cube 24/7. You're severely limiting your ability to multi-task. Meanwhile gems fit so neatly onto a sturdy piece of apparel.

I mean if the cube makes you super powerful and shit couldn't you just put the cube inside yourself or just materialize a waist bag or something

Is there more of this?

>fool
>not foo'
Triggered.

The Great Society are from a an alternate Earth during Hickman's New Avengers, the Incursion storyline. They're a pastiche of the Justice league.

Yeah a fanny pack would be best

>materialize a waist bag
You mean like a fanny pouch?
You'd put an artifact of infinite power into a fanny pouch?

Why not? Who's gonna say something about it?

Well, the Marvel Cinematic Universe really alters the canon here:
>The "Space" gem doesn't allow teleportation, but instead allows the near instantaneous eradication of all biological matter from a planetary surface simply by touching the gem to the surface of the planet. (Guardians of the Galaxy)
>The "Reality" gem fires laser beams that cause paraplegia. (Civil War)
>The "Soul" gem is activated by magic, but specifically controls only time. (Doctor Strange)
>The "Mind" gem actually does what it says on the tin - controls minds - but it also functions as an interdimensional teleporter and a power generator. (Avengers)

I don't think we've seen the Time or Power gems yet, but going by the above pattern I can hazard an educated guess:
>The "Time" gem creates deafening sonic shockwaves that sound like clocks chiming or ticking.
>The "Power" gem charges any batteries within 100 meters.

...The colours are just swapped in the MCU, GotG used the power gem not the space gem.

So they're the infinity gems crossed with the hermunculi from FMA?

yeah before Thanos Quest they were just referred to as the six Soul Gems

>get the cosmic cube and save yourself the innevitable trouble with Thanos
Loving every laugh.

>the space gem is found in space
>the mind gem is relatively accurate
I don't know if I'm buying that explanation. The colours are the most important things about those gems, lore-wise, so it's absurd to think that they'd change them.
It's much more likely that there was studio pressure to "make the gems way more cooler so young kids will buy more popcorn".

The gem in GotG did absolutely nothing related to space. The only thing it ever did was destroy things via unrelenting force.

Purple is a space colour, so I'm going to have to disagree with you there as well. Purple also has nothing to do with the concept of power.
Also, neither of the people who wielded the Power gem became strong, they just shot explosive laser-tentacles that disintegrated specifically only biological matter.

I chuckled, great job user

>specifically biological matter
Except for when the celestial imploded that whole fucking planet

Why would they create a time power and give it to something other than the time gem?

It makes more sense that they just fucked up on the colors and decided to leave it that way.

The planet didn't implode, the purple tentacle rape spread across the planet's surface and burned up all of the people and trees, but left the rock untouched.

Why is the Time gem powered by Soul magic, in that case? I agree that they royally fucked up, but I don't agree that they fucked up the colors, I think they just didn't give a shit and made it up as they went along based on what would have the best reaction in a tween focus-group.

mcufags on suicide watch

Eh reality by itself doesn't have a huge range though. Power+reality should in theory give you the whole gauntlet, but I think that's where the soul gem comes into play, that the spul can manipulate the metaphysical and magical shit that reality cant. And even then you may need space and time to affect the whole of reality, as well as the mind gem to be able to really make people do what you want rather than just force their atoms to do it

>the human representation of colors are so universal that even the infinity gems match the description of their color.
I'm right or missed something?

Dude, Ronan became physically unstoppable.

The gems in the movies are undeniably ill-defined, but I would surmise that the power gem both powers objects (juices up Ronan's hammer) and makes the wielder nigh-immortal (it clearly affected Ronan, made his eyes purple, enhanced his strength, and allowed him to shrug off every single attack). The side effect is that the power is hard to contain/channel. When it can't be contained it destroys whatever it's touching in a discharge of explosive energy. This can also be used to start a chain reaction that can lay waste to an entire planet.

Spot on. The effects of the gems came from the colors, not the other way around.

you're dum

He was physically unstoppable before he had the gem. All the gem did was give him purple tentacle laser powers. In his raw form, he was about as strong and invulnerable as the Hulk at 4/10 Mads.

The director of the movie literally said it was the power gem

He just stuttered the first thing that popped into his head. The director has absolutely never read a comic book in his life.

>The colours are the most important things about those gems, lore-wise, so it's absurd to think that they'd change
Jesus fuck....

He was tough sure, but Drax was still able to hurt him in their scuffle. While he had the gem he survived Rocket's moon-killing missile, Rocket's attack ship crashing into him head-on, AND the crashing of his own flagship, one after one another.

>purple has nothing to do with the concept of power
Except that it's incredibly closely toed to royalty throughout history to the point that in one of the gospels the Romans who crucified Jesus put a purple robe on him mock him as king of the jews.
I agree with you that it's retarded for them to change the colors, it makes zero sense, and frankly is legitimately offensive to comic fans because they couldn't even do a quick google, but it was the power gem. Even though in the MCU all the gems do exactly the same thing, MUH BIG POWER WRECKING MACHINE

yeah man that's why he's using Taserface as a villain in the second movie after joking about it the first time around

I'm sure that was totally a studio mandate and not because he reads comics

>but Drax was still able to hurt him in their scuffle.
No he wasn't, nor did he. Next to gamora, he was useless.

Drax didn't land a single punch on him I'm their first fight

If Royalty = Power, then why do royals require guards or armies?
If anything, purple is a color that denotes weakness and reliance on others, or at the very best manipulation and superior management skills.

DORMAMMU

Yes he did. He finally gets Ronan in the side, Ronan visibly reacts to the blow and cries out in anguish/anger, and immediately stops fucking around with Drax.

Ronan was naturally tough, but not "survive three certain death scenarios in a row" tough. Not "shrug off a mini-nuke to the chest" tough.

>I have absolutely no idea what "power" means

why is soul an obese woman?

Power isn't purely physical, user.

• The Power Gem — Contains all energy that has ever or will ever exist. Grants omnipotence.

• The Time Gem — Allows user to exist everywhere throughout time, and control time itself, such as making people or things age.

• The Reality Gem — Can alter reality, including the fundamental laws of the universe.

• The Soul Gem — Can control, change and destroy souls, living or dead.

• The Mind Gem — This gem is literally the universe' subconscious, and it gives its wielder access to every single mind in the universe.

• The Space Gem — Allows user to exist everywhere in the universe simultaneously. Grants omnipresence.

Power > Reality > Time > Space > Mind > Soul

Get on my former level, ningen.

Thinking about these things and the Infinity Gauntlet just fill me with existential dread. How do you even make a comic book about stopping something like this? The implications are insane. It's beyond human comprehension.

If power isn't purely physical, then why does the power gem make you only physically strong? Why doesn't it let you command people as if they were your servants?
Checkmate, motherfucker.

You should read the comic. It's even better in conjunction with the rest of Starlin's saga. Starlin's writing is typically grandiose and heavy-handed but I consider Thanos to be quite a good character.

>How do you even make a comic book about stopping something like this?
Thanos is a big dumb idiot who gets off on losing.

Someone explain to me how the reality gem doesn't make all the others irrelevant.

>get power and reality gems
>duplicate all of the gems
>?????
>profit

>SU

Thanos didn't even go through half of the existential crap that Warlock had with the gauntlet.

>If power isn't purely physical, then why does the power gem make you only physically strong?
It doesn't. Christ alive, read a fucking comic.

>get time and space gems
>use space and time to find and take the rest of the gems
>???
>profit

If you had mind control power before, the Power Gem would probably amplify that. Just not as well as the Mind gem could.

It's legit Lovecraftian horror that has no idea it's Lovecraftian horror

All of the gems except power have finite abilities.

Power appears to be the most useless, it has the extremely narrow influence over raw physical force, but Power is also the only one that has absolute strength all on its own.

Power is necessary to broaden the other 5's strength to absolute levels.

Reminder that Thanos did exactly one thing right in all of Infinity Gauntlet.

It's just a babby-tier ripoff of Darkseid, if I'm honest.

>people think power isn't the best one

M I G H T

C O N T R O L S

E V E R Y T H I N G

Sorta but he didn't pause time to fuck her.

Also I can't help but feel like fucking her would've been a little too close to masturbation.

>implying

This reads like SU if it was an old school Superhero comic.

I love it.

It's really not. Thanos is nothing like Darkseid.

Unless I'm mis-remembering the plot to "Red Glare", I think the Red Skull DID fuse himself to the cube at one point, and he actually won by reality warping the world "Emperor Joker" style.

Well apparently Thanos was originally going to be a ripoff of Metron, but somebody said something along the lines of "If you're going to copy a character from New Gods it should be Darkseid." So Thanos is what you get if you mix those two guys together.

He was literally created to be a ripoff of darkseid.

I'm well aware of the history of the character. The fact remains that Thanos ended up developing quite differently.

How do you know he didn't?