Can we discuss the pipe strip again...

Can we discuss the pipe strip again? I know we had a good 50 hour debate about it but I don't think we've quite cracked it yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/lasagnacat/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are people trying to force this particular strip into a meme

why don't you kick back, put on the soundtrack from the film Kunlun and just really consider it for a while?

I'm really looking for the Sup Forums artisans to respond. Please go back to your nearest marvel thread if you'd like something you can understand.

it's the relic of a different age, a time before most 4channers parents were born.

Lasagna cat

The joke is that Garfield takes things from Jon and does things that cats wouldn't usually do so it gets on Jon's nerves.
"GARFIELD!" is a reoccurring punchline in many of the strips, this just being one of them.

You could literally replace the pipe with anything and it still wouldn't change.
>"Now where could my lasagna be?"
>Garfield eating Jon's lasagna
>"GARFIELD!"

>"Now where could my newspaper be?"
>Garfield reading Jon's newspaper
>"GARFIELD!"

>"Now where could my phone be?"
>Garfield calling on Jon's phone
>"GARFIELD!"

>"Now where could my knife be?"
>Garfield carving Jon's face with a knife
>"GARFIELD!"

>"Now where could Liz be?"
>Garfield fucking Liz
>"GARFIELD!"

It's not that complicated to comprehend. It's just Garfield doing things to piss Jon off. What, is a pipe in particular too abstract for you to understand in the context of Garfield? It's fucking Garfield, not the gateway to philosophy.

Try to sit down and actually think about this piece.

Cats are red & green colour blind. The floor is green while the walls are a pinkish-red. Add in a cat's known spatial confusion and you have the makings of a cat rage room. Garfield is actively passively on his anger while Jon is aggressively angry. That's just one drama of a three panel comic with the kind of brevity that would make Hemingway weep.

It's okay to admit you don't get it, user. We all went through that phase at one point.

The pipe contains weed

But that only raises further questions.

Now, why would Jon be smoking weed? Is he trying to numb something that ails him, either physically or mentally? Is he trying to once again relive his youth? Is he simply a recreational user, and if so, is what he's doing legal?

There are more layers to this than you could ever imagine.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU WON

>What, is a pipe in particular too abstract for you to understand in the context of Garfield? It's fucking Garfield, not the gateway to philosophy.

Au contraire.

>That Nermal ass

>tfw lasagnacat is probably gonna go on another 9 year hiatus

literally it's Garfield's ass painted grey

Many of you say, "Oh but I am not blind. I have never been blind,".... But when you truly see you will understand just how truly blind you once were to even think it right to say you were NOT blind! What does a blind man see?? Blackness. Darkness. Blankness. Black Darkness. Dark blankness.

The ABSENCE OF THINGS. Quite literally No thing....No things.....NOTHING, Nothings.

So you see nothing, and I bring you into the light. A cat has your pipe. You've been blind.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?

The cat has your pipe.

You can't fully immerse yourself. You don't have the light! You don't have the radiance, the radical light, the radically radiant light of truth's belonging love and nature of light and loving truthful radiance. So don't be bold and make bold statements, I know of you. The cat has your pipe. THE. CAT. HAS. YOUR. PIPE.

Remember that.

god, that bit got weird
you dont think this was all some elaborate setup for something b-b-b-bigger?

If you go by how long ago he said he read the comic, it means that this video might've actually been made in 2011.

That's not Nermal, that's his grandpa

ceci n'est pas une garfield

>you dont think this was all some elaborate setup for something b-b-b-bigger?

Yes, and it was the Sex Survey Results video. Which in nearly 5 hours summed up the message of the entire series: Jim Davis is a fucking hack

What did Jim Davis mean by this?

So is this shitposting or is it autism? I can't tell anymore

This meme isn't funny. You guys aren't funny and should feel bad about that.

JIM DAVIS PLEASE DON'T SUE

>is this the result of autism or autism
gee whizz bud

>intentionally fucking with people is autism now

it always was, user

>rewatch the Pipe video again
>it took him 45 minutes to say "It's a joke!"

It's beautiful

youtube.com/user/lasagnacat/videos