Nightwing Movie

Last time on Sup Forums
Who should play Nightwing?
There's been a lot of talk of who should play Dick Grayson. I vote for the dude that played in the youtube series. He already works well as it is, and he's also familiar with Nightwing.

I've come to the conclusion that comicbook.com is ran by fanboys who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground going "Hey we read the headline without reading the entire thing!!"

here's some shit to read from that site either way

comicbook.com/2017/02/24/nightwing-dceu-joseph-gordon-levitt-steven-yeun/
comicbook.com/2017/02/25/jared-padalecki-interested-in-playing-nightwing-/

>A black Nightwing
>an Asian Nightwing
>an indian Nightwing

why?

IMO:
I'm not holding my breath if they fuck this up. I will give up on live action DC if they fuck up Nightwing

AND... discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/search?q=#NightwingCasting from:NicolaScottArt&src=typd
24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcclfrXASd1r2jx66o1_500.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Suggesting anyone but a Romani actor if you're casting for diversity seems odd. Why not actually use the character's canon heritage?

Anyway the butt is the most important part.

>He gotta have dat ass

I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that this is no longer a bad joke.

i could work. As long as we get a better director and screen writer. They could actually do the first 1/2 of it as the ep from Batman TAS

>People want Dick to be Asian

The daredevil actor, that's the standard of butt I'm holding them up to

>Suggesting anyone but a Romani actor if you're casting for diversity seems odd.
Yea but there are alot of Romani from different parts of Europe, we only know Dick is Romani but he could be Romani French, English, Belarusian, Spanish, Greek even fucking Persian. Personally I'd like French Romani.

I'd be okay with Asian.

Just to add to my post, Dick mom had olive skin and his dad was white so I'd say he should at least be slightly tan like a northern italian or south western french.

Raceswapping a robin would be alright if they were first introduced in an ensemble like The Batman movie

But for a solo outing its bad move. Need the most iconography possible

Nah think Andrew Garfield Amazing Spider-Man booty

If any Robin should be race swapped it should be Tim, Dick is of european descent, Jason is a city boy and Damian is half arabic. The Robins are ethnically diverse enough.

>mfw they're rushing nightwing so they have a batman to step in once affleck ditches them

they should just scrap it and start again, DCEU is a colossal failure

So how old will Nightwing be? Since Barman is older I'm thinking mid 30s?

Post more reference pictures.

Bruce doesn't seem that old. Like 40ish. Dick should be 30ish or younger.

Come on Sup Forums, what character has the assets to play Dick Grayson?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Idris Elba

Ehw.

They would just recast Bruce. You think movie studio cares about that shit? Batman is there biggest money maker. He be here for much longer than any other character.

It was mentioned that Bruce was 48ish but when Affleck was getting good reviews for his Batman they sorta changed his age in interviews to early 40's, so Dick should be anywhere from late 20's to early 30's like pre-n52 continuity.

this is the standard we need to live up to

butt queen at it again btw: twitter.com/search?q=#NightwingCasting from:NicolaScottArt&src=typd

Nah they'll either appease Affleck or kill off Bruce and have a younger Batman to match Caville, Afflecks performance was one of the only good things about BvS. My money's on Affleck getting a pay bump and slightly more control.

I say Dick should be younger than Superman. Superman is 34 in BvS which is about ten years younger than Bruce.

>kill off Bruce and have a younger Batman to match Caville
You are crazy to think they would ever do that. There's a better chance of a Multiverse Bruce coming and taking over his place.

That's why I said " My money's on Affleck getting a pay bump and slightly more control.", it's unlikely they'll kill him off but the possibility is there since it's rumored Ben isn't happy with the higher ups, then again Affleck is used to having alot of creative control so he could just be whining.

idk show Dick adjusting to life outside of Gotham but still not over the Joker beating. After Supes, Wayne Tower Metropolis collapsing, etc he moves to Bludhaven and finally gets inspired by seeing Batman return to put on some hockey pads to lead the Bludhaven Nightwings to the national championships.

Which means we make him be Seann William Scott and this be Goon 3.

So were fucked then.

I wasn't on board till you said Goon 3.

Post your choices.

please include a buttshot with any suggestions

You're an idiot

:^)

Killing him off would cause way more problems than solve any. You would pissed off all the normies out there. And replacing him with a Robin would confuse the average movie goers. Even if Affleck dropped out(which I doubt a man going through a divorce would dropped out of 50 million dollar paycheck. They will more likely just replace the actor. You think after Logan that they aren't thinking about about the next Wolverine movie? Studios don't give a shit about more. These movies are making too much money and it's easier going with something safe than something risky that's never been done before.

Why?

That's why I said it's unlikely but the possibility is there I don't deal in absolutes.

Aidan Turner

Ass is a bit of a disappointment, though: 24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcclfrXASd1r2jx66o1_500.jpg

Bit old, otherwise nice choice but I'm not too sure about his accent.

As a kid who traveled his whole early life what kind of accent would Dick have anyway?

Not Irish anyway, which is hard for me, an Irishman to say. I'd prefer the broad American accent most English actors use.

Still going with François Arnaud.

Dick was raised in the states, his heritage is the only thing european. Maybe his parents could have french or english accents.

>People unironically wanting Joseph Gordon Levitt for Nightwing

For the love of fuck, please no.

can i just say how happy i am that this movie is happening

i just love nightwing so much

Only normie Nolanfags would want this. He's not nearly handsome or young enough

Dick doesn't need to be raceswapped since he's already Romani. A white or hispanic actor would suit him the best if they can't find any though, but pls no Asian.

nuHan could be a good nightwing

Why Hispanic? They have no ties to the Roamni. If you're going for something ethnically similar Indian would make more sense.

*Romani

because there are barely any romani actors, dick's always been drawn as white, and his romani background has barely been part of his character. he really could be any race

Yeah but a paler hispanic would have a more accurate skin tone to how Dick would look, he's only half-Romani so he'd be lightly tan, not as dark as an Indian.

There are light skinned Indian actors.
That said, all this race talk doesn't matter since Warner Bros doesn't care if the actors look like their comic counterparts. Some mediocre dude with a bland face will get the role and Sup Forums will spend the coming months trying to convince themselves the movie won't be a complete shitshow.

There's actually a sizable Romani Wanderer population in Spain 600k-1mil to be exact so it's not that far fetched.

It's a fact, it's actually pretty cool that DC doesn't beat us over the head with it every 5 seconds unlike Marvel who basically dedicates entire sub arcs to just the fact that someone is gay, a minority or whatever flavor of the week sjw agenda is trending.

True. Like with twig Wonder Woman, Aqumomoa, and Ezra Miller they've shown they don't cast based on who looks like their character.

Well considering Snyder made it a point to hire an east coast white guy for Bats and a european looking actor for Dick during pre-pro of BvS I'm willing to bet it's an actual possibility.

I think that came up only in the 2000s if not 2010s

Just like Kyle Rayner being part Hispanic instead of just Irish

Dick being Romani was started by Devin Grayon, but recently Seeley has been using it in Grayson and Nightwing.

Romani are hardly racially distinct after this many centuries of hanging out across Europe, especially in the US, where the 'descent' population outnumbers the real ones more than 100-1. He's just a white guy who might have some vaguely Indian heritage mixed in undetectably.

Romani are usually mostly of the ethnic heritage of their surroundings is all I'm saying, so I'd be okay with Grayson being Spanish, French, Italian, Belrusian etc;. He just needs to be extremely good looking, have really dark hair, a tinge in his skin tone and either really blue eyes or really dark ones.

That would be fine with me. I just don't like when people go around claiming it's some kind of pure racial concept when proper usage is more like how we use Latino.

They should cast a black guy as Nightwing. This is a rare chance to have a urban black crimefighter. Black people need heroes too. It would be great for the brand.

Bendis I know this is you

Great suggestion! If they let Mr. Bendis write the script? AMAZING!

I say cast Shaun King if we are race-switching though I was hoping he'd get Luke Cage.

Just no. There's plenty of black super heroes without needing to shoehorn a black Nightwing just because "m-muh affirmative action" pity casting.

1/10

Nightwing is supposed to be attractive though

Affleck is what? 50? How long you think they can seriously keep him around playing a tiresome role as this?

Dude he's 44 and can play characters as young as 34.

Trudeau pls

Trudeau is the only Anglosphere leader I'd fuck

Black Jason

I don't know if the SJWs would love or hate this. On one hand they love racebending, on the other hand it's racebending the Robin known for being violent, angry, and living off the street, so they could say it as offensive.
Jasonfags would be btfo either way

joe!

>If you kill the Joker, he wins
My god, his logic is just retarded enough to work!

He's great but I don't think he'd make a good Dick.

I DO think he'd make a good Jason Todd though.

Matt Bomer

If he was 10 years younger I'd totally agree.

But the Bruce in DCEU should be over 40, Dick shouldn't be that young

yeah normies want him not REAL comic book nerds at all

stop trolling
plus we got Static for that

Taylor Lautner would fit their weird casting choices. Plus he gets the teen girl audience thanks to Twilight. He's that starved for work that he's now taking cheap TV roles too.

He's completely wrong for the role, but it wouldn't surprise me if WB did it.

He's fat now though

Supposedly Snyder or Affleck said Bruce is 43-44 or something, so Dick should be anywhere from 29-32.

Matt Bomer is 39, he can pull it off

>Nightwing Movie

What ever happened to Flash or Green Lantern????

>wanting to watch that shit instead of best boy

Green Lantern aside, fuck you Flash is best bro easily.

Not Ezra Miller Flash, he doesn't feel like either Barry or Wally

They're not Batman enough.

The fuckability scale clearly goes Dick > Hal > Wally > Barry

please reconsider your priorities

Negro fuckability has nothing to do with the bro scale but has a point. Ezra seems more like a fucking Bart Allen than Barry though a case can be made for a Wally post-crisis.

>though a case can be made for a Wally post-crisis.

Not at all. Wally was funny because he was a sarcastic Chad not because he was an autist. Completely different.

>What ever happened to Flash or Green Lantern????
Warner has at this point, almost committed to a Batman Extended Universe. If Justice League and WW don't reach sales targets then DCEU itself is gone.

>tfw I fucked up my shitty greentext

Look at Liam Neeson who's doing successful action movies in his 60s. People don't give a shit how old an actor is as long as they still look good enough for the role. Ben can be Batman for a long while.

nobody actually believes that do they?