MARTHAAAAA

>Worst Screenplay
Not even the worst superhero movie screenplay this year

>Worst supporting role: Jesse Eisenberg
Understandable

>Worst Sequel, Remake or Prequel
Not even close.

>Worst combo: Ben Affleck & Henry Cavill
They were like the best parts of this movie.

Razzies are shit. Can't even nominate the right shit movies.

I agree with everything :(

>They were like the best parts of this movie

They had no chemistry
Cavill alone wasn't "the best part" either

The Razzies are basic.

Eh, it was a shitty non-sensical script, which wasn't helped by poor editing and over-stuffed crap thrown in.

Worst Actor, Actress, Director and Worst Movie went to another film and those would be the major awards, other than screen play.

Zoolander 2 or Alice Though The Looking Glass should have won for worse SEQUEL as they are SON OF THE MASK, BLUE BROTHERS 2000 bad.

>Not even the worst superhero movie screenplay this year
I agree. That honor goes to Suicide Squad.

Suicide Squad deserves to be shit on more than BvS.

Fuck me sideways, that was one of the worst movies I've seen in my life.

The Razzies have trashed plenty of good movies because they have an extremely narrow idea of what a "good" movie/performance is.

Who is that and why should I care

>Evidence for that claim?

>war on camp

I've never heard of such an idiotic victim position to take.

How so? It's like the popular wisdom that Nicolas Cage is a bad actor, they just can't appreciate a different mode of performance.

>Jesse Eisenberg
But he was the best character in the movie.

I honestly can't believe that people think the vacuum of personality that was Zemo in Civil War was better than Eisenberg.

D*sney's marketing team told them to believe that, so they believe it.

Man Snyder really is going down that path of Kubrick. I wonder how any people will hail it the best Comic Book movie in the next generation. Such a shame that a visionary like Snyder is so misunderstood by our closed mindedness.

Why did they even call him Zemo? He had nothing in common with the comic character, I don't get why everyone was up in arms about the "Mandarin" twist in IM3 but gave this a pass.

That dream sequence was great, Snyder=Visionary.

I'm going to respond by telling you: "opinions exist", and you're probably going try to tell me you're being 'objective'.

BvS deserves it.

Only fellow artist understand how talented he is. His way of film making is something that has never been done before.

>Had a solid plan with contingencies and preptime, arguably won
>Made heavy-handed religious metaphors while jittering around shilling Jolly Ranchers
Jeez I wonder who the better villain was.

Thanks for stating the obvious. I already knew that, go proselytize to the rest of Sup Forums on the subjectivity of art if you feel the need.

>He had shit writing, direction, story structure, character motivation, and held active contempt for the source material
>But man, that scene where it was all grey and raining sure was pretty, what a visionary

Why do you guys get so anal about some joke awards?

Why do we care about Zemo winning though? We don't know anything about him for 90% of the movie's runtime. Then we find out it's just the same old "dead family" shit. A villain should be likable or hateable, and Zemo is neither. He's just a plot device.

>His way of film making is something that has never been done before.
user, I assure you, bad movies have been around for a long time.

>A villain should be likable or hateable,
Does "oscillating between boring and obnoxious" really count as hateable though?

I don't disagree, but I also feel like he wasn't the focus.

Like, a superhero movie is usually "hero vs villain". First Avenger is where he fights Red Skull, Iron Man 1 is where he fights Jeff Bridges, etc.

But Civil War felt like it was going for something a little more "shades of grey" than "good guy vs bad guy". Zemo was the catalyst, but the conflict between Cap and Tony was the main focus. Him "winning" wasn't so much about the villain succeeding as much as it was about the heroes failing.

I thought it was a good choice, at least Lex enjoys his own villainy, Zemo has a "relatable" motivation that just makes him a bland grieving mope.

Were their really any shades of grey to it though? The movie never lets Cap be in the wrong.

It's only consider bad because people are not willing to accept something new and different. Many great and pioneering films and directors have been consider bad before a new generation came along and saw what the old generation couldn't. Congratulations, you are part of a dying race.

You're entitled to that opinion.
Personally I found Eisenberg's Lex to be tonally incongruous with the rest of the movie, his performance indistinguishable form 90% of his other roles, and like every other character, his level of competence, foresight, and sometimes even basic goals seemed to shift depending on the needs of the current plot point.

I didn't hate him, but nor did I like him. The only emotional feeling the movie managed to give me at all, in fact, was some pity for Superman. And even that wasn't instilled at the right moment.

>Hates Superman for not being around when his daddy was abusing him
>Decides to make a BADDER Superman to kill Superman
>Has no way of controlling Doomsday
>Does nothing with Supes/Bats' secret identities beyond kidnapping MARTHAAA
>Has literally no end-game
And yet he acted like his plan was this big amazing catch 22, when all he did in the end was smash some deserted buildings and make Superman take a nap for a little bit. At least blowing up congress actually DID something for a little bit.

Jesus he was such a shit villain.

We had enough threads going "Tony was right" to think otherwise. Which was great because it was the exact opposite of the Civil War comic.

>Had a solid plan with contingencies and preptime, arguably won
But that's Lex.

He was totally ready to admit that Tony was right until he heard Wanda was locked in her room. And even then, they respond by beating the shit out of their friends and blowing up half an airport. Also he never told Tony that Bucky killed his parents.

I'm still Team Cap, but he was no paragon in this movie. Russos did a really good job of making it a pretty fair argument where both sides did some good/bad shit.

I don't see why he doesn't just have Martha killed out of spite. But then I also don't see why he dropped the ball so badly as to get caught

BvS is the best movie in all of cinematic history and if anyone says otherwise he's a liar.

No, that was Batman.

Different != good, user.
I know it makes you feel smarter, but it doesn't make you right.

I can make a movie that is 2 hours of a guy shitting in a truck stop bathroom. That's certainly "different", but it doesn't make it "kino". Although it would probably be better than anything Snyder's put out (except for Watchmen, that one's not bad).

Fanboys are tucking patethic.

Just learn to live with the fact that you like a movie that a lot of people find shit, grown the duck up and stop acting like a dog in need of validation.

This is lack of self confidence.

That's Lex Luthor, but it's definitely not Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.

He had no nuance or end game. Once Superman stops hibernating, he'll have had literally no impact aside from maybe possibly accidentally summoning Steppenwolf. By accident.

Good. This movie should be buried and never seen again.

>That's Lex Luthor, but it's definitely not Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.
Uh yeah it is. Eisenberg's Lex was great and his plans worked despite a few hitches along the way. Great character, great villain, decent plan. Doomsday turning on him was unexpected and something that would normally not happen if you're using comic book logic.

Man, can you imagine if he just took a hard-right turn at the end? Like, the whole movie, he's this nonthreatening scrawny goofball, but then he suddenly grows a pair and actually pulls a "I did it 35 minutes ago" on them?

>Tells them he's got Martha held hostage
>In reality, she's already dead and he's just buying time until Doomsday is ready
>Now the roles are reversed; Superman is angry that his do-gooding got someone he loves killed, Batman is trying to impart a sense of hope and responsibility
>They stop Doomsday and go to capture Luthor
>Lol, like he'd actually stick around for that, he's not a retard
>He's gone underground to consolidate his power
>Ends with Martha's funeral, Superman and Batman understand and respect each other

Snyder truly is PREQUEL SW TIER.

We can only hope that people will see Snyder and the prequels as the bastion of character work that they are.

You can just see how plebiscite and unprepared that people are, when you notice that most of the complains against the prequels are often the same as the ones of BvS, but they never pay attention on the cinematography and symbolism.

>another anti/DCEU thread
Still scared about WW and JL are you? Don't worry, I'm sure that Disney will keep on going despite being irreparably crippled by these two blockbusters.

Glad you aren't writing any movies. Disgusting.

This analogy doesn't even work because the prequels have terrible acting and dialogue while the performances in BvS are top notch.

>Batman kills Superman, now I've got a murderous Batman after me
>Superman kills Batman, I'm technically correct but I'm also fucking dead the second he flies back over here
>They become friends and join forces, I'm double fucked
>Doomsday kills them all, now I'm stuck with this thing running around

He had no end-game. He actually got caught by the police; not by Superman or Batman, just regular law enforcement officials raided his complex and arrested him. His plan made no goddamn sense, he was comically stupid.

Jared Leto should good worst casting role

You're right, it's much better to condense the entire Death of Superman arc into a 35 minute Justice League trailer because Snyder saw a picture of Doomsday in a comic book once.

>all of the sudden the Razzies are thing people care about now since they shit on DC

really makes you think of the lack of bias in the media

This, he was fucking horrid.

Marvel's villains are trash, but at least they actually seem semi-competent. Luthor and Joker are some of the most non-threatening jobbers I've ever seen.

Reminder: Kubrick was nominated for a Razzie

>the performances in BvS are top notch
Okay user.

Lex entire plan was dependent on Clark and Bruce being irrationally stupid, and he thrived the plan away randomly to create Doomsday without even knowing the result of the fight, patethic.

>No, that was Batman.

Batman only stealed Luthor's shit, and his entire plan revolved Clark fighting with him in an specific place at an specific time...but (if wasn't for Martha that Brucr doesn't even know) Clark would have no reason for even GO there. He could have left him in the rain all night.

Worse yet, Superman could have just appeared behind of him.

Batman fired a shit load of bullets on Clark, but none was of kryptonite.

God funcking damn, this is the stupidest live action Batman.

People always cared about the razzies you newfag.

>> Muh grounded and realistic
>> Applying comic book logic
Pick one and stick with it.

>nonthreatening

Luthor corrupted Batman successfully, blew up Congress, and FUCKING KILLED SUPERMAN like he planned

are you illiterate do you know what the words unthreatening or jobber mean? maybe your lack of vocabulary is why you couldnt comprehend these dc flicks

and Joker wasnt the villain of Suicide Squad so his level of threat is irrelevant. his presence was felt throughout

>That 15 minute scene where Batman murders a dozen guys with his car while attempting to steal the Kryptonite
>Superman shows up and goes "hey stop it"
>Next scene, Batman stole the kryptonite off-screen, making the entire car chase meaningless
BRAVO SNYDER

>Marvel's villains are trash

what a great meme

literally has nothing to do with his post, stupid Zackfaggot.

The only 1 I agree with is Eisenberg.

The Razzies have gone after BvS hard because they want the attention. Nobody cares about this shit any other year

>you couldnt comprehend these dc flicks
Like fucking clockwork...

Yo Suicide Squat is many times worse than this. You know it to be true.

>He actually got caught by the police; not by Superman or Batman

It's hilarious because he got caught for the bombing, that was very obviously connected to him AND had a special Lex Corp component...

And Lois connected him with the murders in Africa because of a special Lex Corp components on the bullets...

This Lex is facing retarded.

How are we suposed to believe that he is smart?

There will never be enough shitting on BvS. It should win the Razzies next year too.

but I didn't watch Suicide Squad because it was obviously trash.

tmntoots

I know people can argue that Tony was right, and that Cap was an asshole. My point was that Cap is right about everything in the actual movie, hell before the final fight Tony blows off Ross essentially proving Cap's point. Cap is right about literally everything in the film, Bucky is being framed, there are evil Super soldiers, regulations are too restrictive. So how is the movie itself even handed?

>Corrupted Batman
That was Jason's death. Luthor attempted to stoke the fire by sending him those checks, but all that did was give Bruce a direct paper trail back to Luthor. Genius.

>Blew up Congress
So he pulls off a terrorist attack that amounts to 1/10th of the destruction Zod managed in an afternoon. All because Superman, by pure chance, didn't see a bomb in a wheelchair. Good thing Superman wasn't paying attention, I guess.

>Killed Superman
Stay to the very end of the movie

The end game of this whole "travesty" will be that every justice league movie up until a certain one was the result of an Aldous Huxley style incarceration of the Super Friends for an indeterminate amount of time while the universe was being warped to holy Hera and Joe Biden.

Hoooooooeeeeyyy but I DO like me some pickup trucks. Serviceable and practical.

>there are people who pay for giving those awards
I think I know what Marvel employees spend their cents on.

I mean, there's a few good ones (the Netflix guys usually have some fun characterization, Loki is always a good time, Abomination was cool and all), but you can't argue that they're pretty bland from a characterization standpoint, even if their plan/design/performance is on-point.

Snyder should stay away from established franchises and make his own movies since he's so """"smart""""

OH WAIT

Too bad it's only 4

At least Shit Stain is going to lose the worthless oscar so we can laugh at DC about that too

Sup Forums doesn't get that adaptions from comics need to stand on their own and shouldn't require a whole background knowledge of DC lore. Fucking elitists.

>PREQUEL SW
But those movies are better than Disney SW.

It's my expert opinion that you meant "Harlan Ellison" there, friend.

Sucker Punch rules.

>So he pulls off a terrorist attack that amounts to 1/10th of the destruction Zod managed in an afternoon. All because Superman, by pure chance, didn't see a bomb in a wheelchair. Good thing Superman wasn't paying attention, I guess.
That's not even on Superman. That's just dumb luck and human incompetence. For some reason there's no metal detectors, no bomb detectors, no bomb sniffing dogs, no loaner wheelchairs, no security measures whatsoever in what was arguably one of the most important government gathering in human history.

Lex doesn't win, everyone else just loses.

Good luck with that. You haters cannot stop talking about it, and anti-BvS Twitter bots haven't been disabled.

>the majority of Sup Forums's denizens, a humble expressionist self portrait

DC haters are literally the same as Trump supporters. Will go down on the wrong side of history

I'm not even remotely surprised that someone who got any sort of enjoyment out of this horseshit also voted for hillary.

Because while Ross and pals were in the wrong, Tony wasn't necessarily. Cap was doing the wrong thing for the right reasons, and it's up to the viewer to decide if his actions were justified (especially since he ended up being wrong about Zemo unleashing the super-soldiers).

Tony was a prick for perfectly justifiable reasons while Cap did the more or less right thing while going off of a series of hunches. It's the "straight-laced cop/loose cannon" dynamic.

>if you're using comic book logic.
These movies and their fans seem to only want to use that logic selectively to justify stuff in the moment, rather than consistently throughout.

You know why Marvel has had all their leads be white men so far? They like winning

See?

Suckered Punch turn steam powered nazis into something boring.

Do you know what a feat is this?

>Lex doesn't win, everyone else just loses.
This. If your villain wins because your heroes are especially stupid, they're not a good villain. The same way a hero winning by sheer luck isn't a good hero.

You bit the b8 m8

>They like winning
Pity they never win, even when they do.

AoS tier.