Amazon’s impending anal rape of LotR

How do we stop this?
Literally no one is asking for this besides the Amazon shareholders.
The Jackaon trilogy is perfect. The final word on LotR. It’s a work of art so high in the canon that it simply can’t be remade, like Citizen Kane or Casablanca or Vertigo.
They WILL fuck it up. There is no doubt. The only question is to what degree they will fuck it up. There WILL be diveristy. There WILL be politics. There WILL be homosexual characters. There WILL be sex scenes.

It is our prerogative, nay, our duty to somehow convince Amazon to anandon this project. It is certainly within our power to do so. If this site can choose the president of the United States, it can do anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobitit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagan_om_ringen_(1971_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptations_of_The_Lord_of_the_Rings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolkien_Estate#Rights_to_The_Hobbit_and_Lord_of_the_Rings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien#Adaptations
pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/04/wheel-of-time-tv-series-is-moving-forward.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1HAD748zyLw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just don’t watch it

we must protect Tolkein’s smile

>Sauron is Trump
>"Make Mordor Great Again"
>The Shire is full of diversity, like Bilbo's Muslim Hobbit neighbours
>Galadriel will be played by Alfie Woodrow
>Saruman is still a straight-white male
>Main protagonist is a female

I think your are overstating Jackson's trilogy a bit, it certainly has its own share of flaws.

Also the Amazon show will take place before LotR, which is horrible in it's own unique way.

Have a (you)

>tons of fantastic fantasy novels to adapt
>Bezos has the brass balls to remake LOTR because he doesn't know shit about fantasy

man fuck Amazon

How do we stop this?
Literally no one is asking for this besides the WB shareholders.
The Ralph Bakshi/Rankin-Bass duology was perfect! The final word on LotR. It’s a work of art so high in the canon that it simply can’t be remade, like Citizen Kane or Casablanca or Vertigo.
They WILL fuck it up. There is no doubt. The only question is to what degree they will fuck it up. There WILL be quips. There WILL be pop culture references. There WILL be references to D&D. There WILL be jump scares.

It is our prerogative, nay, our duty to somehow convince WB to abandon this project. It is certainly within our power to do so. If this site can choose the president of the United States, it can do anything.

Looks like LOTR memes are back on the menu boys.

>sex scenes
>non europeans as the good ones
>anti racism
>lgbt rights and gay elves
>kill me pls :(

How do we stop this?
Literally no one is asking for this besides Ralph Bakshi and Rankin-Bass.
The BBC radio adaptation was perfect! The final word on LotR. It’s a work of art so high in the canon that it simply can’t be remade, like Hamlet or Middlemarch or Ben-Hur.
They WILL fuck it up. There is no doubt. The only question is to what degree they will fuck it up. There WILL be silly acting. There WILL be overacting. There WILL be shortcuts. There WILL be gaps in the storytelling!

It is our prerogative, nay, our duty to somehow convince Ralph Bakshi and Rankin-Bass to abandon their projects. It is certainly within our power to do so. If this site can choose the president of the United States, it can do anything.

$.02 amazon bucks were deposited into your account

>no one is asking for this besides the Amazon shareholders

I wouldn't be too sure about that, they just spent 200m on the licence and they can't even do the proper story.

End yourself Bezos bloodboy

(OP)
How do we stop this?

Literally no one is asking for this besides the BBC.
The NPR radio adaptation was perfect! The final word on LotR. It’s a work of art so high in the canon that it simply can’t be remade, like War of the Worlds or the Wizard of Oz or Steamboat Willie.
They WILL fuck it up. There is no doubt. The only question is to what degree they will fuck it up. There WILL be British acting. There WILL be singing. There WILL be needles old Englsih. There WILL be NO TOM BOMBADIL!

It is our prerogative, nay, our duty to somehow convince the BBC to abandon their project. It is certainly within our power to do so. If this site can choose the president of the United States, it can do anything.

Amazon already sending out their shills. Amazing.

>movie fans
>suddenly caring about the integrity of the work
PJ already raped the books while people stood by and praised him for it. When he wasn't busy raping the books, he was plagiarizing the Bakshi movie while claiming for that he'd never seen it, only admitting years later that he had.

This, really. It's not like this doesn't happen to works all the time. Bad adaptations are more common than good ones. People need to learn to accept that.

>Also the Amazon show will take place before LotR, which is horrible in it's own unique way.
Yeah, if I'm disappointed with anyone here, it's Christopher for selling out. I guess everyone has his price, though.

How do we stop this?

Literally no one is asking for this besides the NPR.

The novel was perfect! The way LotR should be. It’s a work of art so high in the canon that it simply can’t be remade, like Beowulf or the Illiad or the Epic of Gilgamesh.

They WILL fuck it up. There is no doubt. The only question is to what degree they will fuck it up. There WILL be silly elves. There WILL be NO SINGING. There WILL be underacting. There WILL be A FEMALE SAM GAMGEE.

It is our prerogative, nay, our duty to somehow convince the NPR to anandon this project. It is certainly within our power to do so. If this site can get the King of England to abdicate in favour of his brother, it can do anything.

I'm gonna throw a hail mary and say this show's actually going to be infested with poo in loos.

They're getting real uppity about their racially-charged roles and will use their naturally stringy bodies and foul odor to snatch up all the Hobbit/Orc/Gollum spots

What can men do against such reckless cashgrabs?

>Still not getting

Tolkien never wanted his work to be adapted as a movie or even a radio play in the first place.

I keep not watching bullshit and it keeps piling up.

Itta no worka massa

>inb4 they add more female characters and love interests for all of the 4 hobbits just to appeal to female audiences

If they butcher LOTR with gay/lefty/nignog shit I will actually fucking wipe them off this planet.

It really is amazing how shallow and stupid corporate culture is, there are dozens if not hundreds of critically acclaimed fantasy novels both on the mature and young adult side.

The most imagination these hacks have is to make a LOTR prequel that is not even the Silmarillion, which was where most of the stories Tolkien focused on developing throughout his life.

I definitely won't be watching it even if there's overwhelming memeing going on here

I would want them to do that just so people can see how shitty that is

Cristopher was his son, which is even sadder if you think about it, since he has devoted his whole life in compiling and editing his father work.

>your are
Stopped reading there, you are a dumb cunt with shit taste

Exactly! I’m sure there’s other decent fantasy stories out there. Would anyone have thought that Game of Thrones would have been a hit 10+ years ago?

>tons of fantastic fantasy novels to adapt

Lol do you really believe this?

If Tolkien himself never wanted a movie and the Tolkien family is opposed to the movies, then how did the producers get the rights to do the movies in the first place?

And they will get adapted. If there is enough interest, people will get adaptations of those fantasy novels.

Personally, I'm not against a LotR adaptation because its already been done so many times. I only mentioned two different radio adaptations (one American and one British), the animated movies, and of course, the Jackson trilogy.

There was a Finnish TV series:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobitit

A swedish movie:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagan_om_ringen_(1971_film)

Three other radio plays:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptations_of_The_Lord_of_the_Rings

You get the idea.

tl;dr Stop being babies. The only good version was the novel, end of the day. And you most likely have not even read it

Why does Sup Forums get so autistic over some shitty century old children's book?
Where was the outrage over the narnia films?

>How do we stop this?
there's going to be tetris trilogy, but you don't care about that, huh? Or the fact that there was an emoji movie this year?

Just fucking accept EVERYTHING WILL BE REMADE. EVERYTHING. Every fucking thing that has ever made money, that's ever been relevant, will be remade. Rebooted. Sequels. Rehashed. Retold. Made Again.

Just fucking bend your ass, and take it up like a real man.

>Anal rape
Can we just stop associating anal sex automatically with the whole stereotype of pain, blood, and prolapse please?

Anal sex has been practised by humanity for eons. Even animals do it in the nature. It is not something that is inherently harmful, painful, or shameful. Society has, in various cultures over time, made it into this strange final frontier of absolute tabboo that is even more disgusting and debasing that things like piss play, fart play, shit play, and even actual body harm fetishes.

And yet we as a species keeps going back to the sacred word "anal" as a shorthand for the ultimate pain, when such things like childbirth for a woman and getting your balls kicked for a man are clearly far more painful.

Can we just stop this anal fixation, please?

Because Christopher wants money more

Reminder Tolkien was super liberal

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolkien_Estate#Rights_to_The_Hobbit_and_Lord_of_the_Rings

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien#Adaptations

>Exclusive worldwide rights to motion picture, merchandising, stage and other rights in certain literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien including The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings were sold by J.R.R. Tolkien himself, to United Artists in 1969

>Tolkien went on to criticize the script scene by scene ("yet one more scene of screams and rather meaningless slashings")

Jackson’s trilogy exists as a work of art unto itself. Remaking it is like remaking the Harry Potter series or the Pirates series, it’s unholy.
Whether you like it or not the Jackson trilogy is the definitive version of LotR for most people.
t. Read the books

Fantasy novels because they are usually multi-series books and pretty big in size, naturally lend themselves to be adapted for television rather than the movie screen. Because the serialized internet-tv revival did not exist ten years ago it really is amazing that you do not have more of race in adapting them, considering things like GoT exist and are huge hits.

The Wheel of Time and the Witcher are being adapted as we speak, and there are tons of series in the same vein like the Kingkiller chronicles, The Lies of Locke Lamora, the Black Company, and The Stormlight Archive.

if that were true he'd have sold all the rights to Disney a decade ago

>perfect

not really. Elijah Wood isn't even as good as the animated Frodo.

>final word
the books are the final word. I like movies, too, but get a fucking life.

Wheel of time is unfilmable

The chances of Silmarillion getting adapted are zero next to none right now.

Christopher Tolkien sued WB for the merchandise they shit out, and for warping Tolkien's legacy by making it into a Star Wars like franchise. I love the original Jackson LOTR movies, but considering the way he handled the Hobbit, I can see why the people at Tolkien estate are so butthurt about it.

...it’s because
a) without lube anal sex is painful
b) it is the sex act with the highest risk factor
c) it’s a perversion of the biological purpose of sex: to produce children
If you want to use “muh nature” argument, why not advocate for murder or cannibalism as acceptable practices? Those have been omnipresent throughout history and across species, too

comparing LOTR to Narnia is comparing the Sistine chapel to your daughter's crayon painting on the fridge

>Jackson’s trilogy exists as a work of art unto itself.

True

>Remaking it is like remaking the Harry Potter series or the Pirates series

Personally, I hated Harry potter, and the only good Pirates movie was the first one, so fuck 'em.

>it’s unholy.

Fuck off with this shit. Thats like saying doing the BBC radio adaptation was unholy. Or the NPR radio adaptation was unholy (which may be true in that case) but point is, it wasn't the first adaptation.

>Whether you like it or not the Jackson trilogy is the definitive version of LotR for most people.

Fair enough, but anyone can tell you that if you had

>t. Read the books

which I have, the Jackson trilogy had cut out a lot of content. If the Hobbit trilogy suffered from making one book too long, the LotR trilogy suffered from cutting content. A TV series could dramatize a lot of the missing content not covered in the Jackson trilogy.

And will it be shit? Well mof course, but so was the 60s NPR LotR when they had old women voice the elves on the pretense they were Christmas elves and Sam Gamgee. The Jackson trilogy will always exist. If anything, it is your duty to make sure people remember the Jackson trilogy, the way it is Chrstopher's to get people to read his father's original work

Oh shit I thought that was an Oblivion character.

It's being developed by Sony as we speak, as a series it really is no different from GoT, probably even easier to adapt than GoT because the Asoiaf books had a shiton of PoV characters.

pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/04/wheel-of-time-tv-series-is-moving-forward.html

meant for

>one animated wheel of time series please

>people in this thread that will defend this
lie face down in your bathtub and start spitting until you drown yourself, you piece of human fucking garbage

How do we stop this?
Literally no one is asking for this besides Sup Forumsposters.
Comfy LOTR threads are perfect. The final word on LotR posting. They're threads so comfy and meme rich they simply can't be remade, like Bane, Blacked or hmmmm nootka.
They WILL fuck it up. There is no doubt. The only question is to what degree they will fuck it up. There WILL be wingeing about diversity. There will be complaining about politics. There will be crying about gays. There will be neet virgins triggered by sex scenes.

It is our perogative, nay, out duty to somehow convince Sup Forumsshitters to abandon this project. It is probably impossible to get those cunts to stop crying, but we can try. If they have trump to jack off to, maybe then can go do that instead.

I know that they're trying, I'm just saying that they won't succeed. They will have to change so much to get it to work and channelling won't look good on television unless it turns out to be a cartoon.

>Only Sup Forums can get up in arms about a popular series getting ramrodded by new-age tropes

Well, you convinced me to join them. What's the next step of your master plan?

Cristopher is just a whiny little bitch. He's never happy with anything.

this is one of the most embarrasing samefags ive ever seen, holy fuck

C.S. Lewis and Tolkien were butt buddies.
Do you really think it'd make your lord Tolkien happy to hear you talk about his work that way?

This.

Fact: Tolkien was the very reason why Lewis became a Christian in the first place

you can be buddies with special needs people, it's no big deal

>Dude narnia is an onion lmao
absolute trash

You've answered your own question, OP. Amazon shareholders have clout while you're an impotent little turd who'll never be anything else.

It's a really shitty set of metrics to judge the quality of something and to obsess over.

Is the Hobbit shit because a few of the lake people are black?
Is the Hobbit good because the main cast isn't?
Is LOTR shit because Arwen gets to do all the Glorfindel stuff?

LotR is conservative and traditional af m8, leftists hate it

I'll still take his considered and frankly justified bitchiness over the OP's.

>Is LOTR shit because Arwen gets to do all the Glorfindel stuff?

Not gonna lie: I wished Arwen did more in the LotR series as a whole

You're a fucking idiot, user. Even the co-participants in whatever severe and involuntary miscegenation led to your birth know it.

>complains about Sup Forums
>disparages race-mixing
Smart lad, this

>complains about Sup Forums

Where specifically?

>race-mixing
Take a minute to think about the main love story in LOTR

They are NOT remaking Lord of the Rings.

of course not as those are strawmen that nobody has said in this thread but they do add up, and let you know where the creators(or in this case robbers and subversive merchants of greed) priorities lie

>main love story in LOTR

You mean the one mentioned in passing in the appendices?

>simply can’t be remade, like Casablanca
Which version of Casablanca?

>an entire series filled to the brim with this

so immersive! so vibrant! its like im really in middle earth!

in the end it's really just another version of a GoT thread the instigator of which honestly believed Arya Stark was going to be set up to assassinate a villain called "Ronald Drump". for grown men you guys sure do an amazing job of looking like scandalized women

No I mean Arwen getting Numenor'd
Just think about that one for a second
How does that align with your worldview?

Black people who appear briefly before getting killed? Not that I doubt the ability of people so in love with anal fissuring as yourselves to get all worked up about that too.

>The Jackaon trilogy is perfect. The final word on LotR. It’s a work of art so high in the canon that it simply can’t be remade, like Citizen Kane or Casablanca or Vertigo.
I deeply disagree with all three of those statements. HOWEVER, I agree that Amazon and... indeed, modern Hollywood as a whole, are very very very unlikely to make anything better than Jackson's work.

You’re the fucking idiot, user.
Tolkien was a libertarian with a soft spot for monarchy and vehemently anti-communist.
An elf-Numenorian romance doesn’t make him a leftist

>it really is amazing that you do not have more of race in adapting them
Because they're all shit.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about, thanks for confirming you haven't even read the books.
Relationships in a fantasy novel have very little impact on my worldview.

this, but unironically

They need to tackle the issue of hobbit supremacy in the shire

Kek in the finnish adaption you can see Gollum's balls and asshole in one scene.
Also Jackson directly copied the scene when Frodo and Sam are talking on the cliffs. Same camera angles.

No no user, when you steal something in hollywood it's called a homage.

It's not about watching it, it's about the corruption of art and literature for political purposes, they have to be stopped.

Rankin-Bass did not improve on Bakshi's film, and Bakshi's film did not improve on the BBC radio play.

Granted, the Jackson movies and the BBC radio play are the pinnacles when it comes to the adaptation of LotR, but even Jackson fucked up his adaptation with the Hobbit

There was no main love story in LOTR. Eowyn gets wet for Aragorn but Arwen is barely even a character in the novels. She doesn't even save Frodo; a male elf named Glorfindel does that.

The closest thing would be Samwise and Rosie.

It doesn't make him a 'leftist' because that's an absurd binary that rational people do not subscribe to, but it does make him someone advocating 'race mixing', something Sup Forums constantly complains about, and one idea among many in LOTR that should turn Sup Forums against taking LOTR as a tentpole for their cause, and endlessly wingeing about it being ruined by women and minorities and gays.

How does the relationship in the film impact your view on the film?

I honestly can't wait for the anal rape, it will be glorifindalous.
youtube.com/watch?v=1HAD748zyLw

Arwen is an elf though, so it wasn't hard for people to accept her in place of another elf, even if it was originally a male elf. Elves are fantasy based. Even black elves wouldn't be such a big deal if done right, but if they start turning every second character into a diversity hire, flip some of the hobbits into trans genders, and decide to throw in some female dwarves and wizards/witches, then ya, it would be shit.

>it's about the corruption of art and literature
What is being corrupted?
They're not taking the movies, cutting it apart and injecting blacks, mexicans and more women into it while simultaneously deleting every single copy of the Jackson trilogy from existence and human memory.
They're not rewriting all existing copies of the novels.

>the corruption of art and literature for political purposes

so it's about something that hasn't even happened and certainly won't happen on the terms proposed by the fucktard op then

Elves are a different species though, so race-mixing isn't the correct term.

I'm glad this shitfest is gonna get raped. Now you can all feel what I do since JJ started raping Star Trek.

>decide to throw in some female dwarves it would be shit
And why, exactly?