/stg/ - Stranger Things General

The King Is Dead, Long Live The King Edition

Previously: Last thread got banhammered and autosaged into oblivion. Just a warning, you sick fucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DK47f4hv_lc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I’m surprised this General is still going, not that I’m complaining

So Stranger Things huh?

This looks more like a Billy general. Not that I’m complaining.

>at least two scenes this season where the camera literally flips upside down when going into the Upside Down

What the fuck kind of amateurish camerawork is this? Did that ever happen even once last season? The whole gimmick of the Upside Down is that it's existing on top of our own dimension, not like you're actually flipping upside down. Between this and the constant flashbacks to earlier scenes in the same episodes, I'm starting to suspect they hired a fucking intern or something to do the final edits for this season.

Hi friends. You're a nice bunch. Hoping this thread goes better. I'm off to bed for now though, so goodnight.

P.S. If anyone has webm requests (preferably of El) let me know and I'll get to them probably tomorrow.

>Steve and Drunk Nancy in the bathroom
>"WE KILLED BARB"

Did anyone else think somebody was going to overhear that and the cops would end up arresting them?

>Billy thread
Obligatory.

>Hoping this thread goes better.
>(preferably of El)

I glad that we came to a concensus last night that Steve is going to die.

The question now is How and when will Steve be killed in season 3?

I guess that was a bit silly of me. (Though I did say El purposefully, not Millie, obviously.) Oh well.

If he dies it won't be until the last season imo. Or maybe that's Hopper. Not sure.

Billy gets supercharged by the rogue smoke that escaped from Will and tears him apart.

>(Though I did say El purposefully, not Millie, obviously.)
Oh, we noticed.

I do think we'll see this happen next season. Or that's a leading theory. Maybe not the tearing apart part but the possessed-Billy (his "sinister side") part, sure.

Cool.

>Maybe not the tearing apart part but the possessed-Billy (his "sinister side") part, sure.
He can't take his daddy issues out on Max and the boys anymore. There's only one target left on Billy's radar.

Maybe his dad, the source of all his anger/abuse? Dunno.

Why didn't Hopper punch things as frequently as last season? Was it simply because there were fewer things to punch?

I thought he'd at least give Reiner a biff at some point, or start punching the shit out of all those Demodogs.

>that last "punch"
oh gosh

>Maybe his dad, the source of all his anger/abuse?
That generally never happens in his type of scenario. Unless Max's display of standing up to him is what encourages him to do it himself.

steve swinging his bat and billy blowing smoke out of his ass
sounds like top 10 anime battles

what music does he listen to

>literally punches Will back to life

Why is he dead?

Billy desu

PUP

>Billy edition
Bueno

Will and Eleven finally getting some scenes together would be cool.

motherfucker dances like a kpop trainee

Agreed. Pretty sure it'll happen next season. They've talked about how they want to see those two actors working together more as well.

>finally
They've already met. Pay attention.

will trynna get some fuks from kate upton on twitter

For like five seconds. Pretty sure he means interacting to some significant degree, not in Eleven's mindspace or the Upside Down as well.

lmao

>For like five seconds.
They still had a scene together. Nobody mentioned semantics.

Right, and the poster you were replying to said
>finally getting some scenes together
Plural. More than one. Jus' sayin'.

Ignoring semantics/pragmatics is ignoring Gricean maxims and shows you don't know how to hold a regular human conversation. Stop derailing the thread.

So do we know if the Mind Flayer is pure smoke or if there's something physical beneath all that smoke? It's such a fucking let down of a design if it's just smoke, I remember thinking from the teaser that the idea of this huge lumbering spider that's so far off in the distance that it just appears black was creepy as fuck, but then it's just CGI smoke. I mean I'm sure there will be a lore reason for it at some point but I was hoping for something less lame.

radiohead and the cure

Pretty sure it has a consciousness of sorts, or something's still left in the upside down (physical form or not) while the smoke part - the "virus" that infected Will - escaped into the real world. I do think we'll see that explored more season; hopefully, at least.

>finally getting some scenes together
Not:
>finally getting some more scenes together

One suggests none existed previously. The other suggests one did, and they're hoping for more. Just saying.

What is it with you? Are you really this bored that you're attempting to nitpick the English language?
>Stop derailing the thread.
I'm not the one persisting with this. You and the poster were wrong about Eleven never meeting Will. Just accept it and move on.

>Pretty sure it has a consciousness of sorts

What does that have to do with its physical appearance? Of course it has a consciousness, they even say that it's more sentient than the Demogorgon which was just acting on instincts.

I never said El didn't meet him (although they technically didn't, as it was only in El's headspace or whatever, not a physical, real world)... just confirming that they did not have any meaningful interactions together, and was agreeing with that poster that I'd like there to be more.

Not sure if it has a physical appearance though I don't know if that matters? We saw it's spidery form in the sky or whatever though and it certainly seemed to have some form when El was closing the gate on it at the end too.

>I never said El didn't meet him
>Agreed. Pretty sure it'll happen next season.
You agreed with the blanket statement that they never met. Since I just proved you wrong once beyond retort, I suggest you forget this embarrassing display ever happened.

If you can.

>Not sure if it has a physical appearance though I don't know if that matters?

It matters to me, that's why I brought it up in the first place. Wouldn't you prefer a physical hairy monstrosity over CGI smoke?

I just want to see them interact normally, not when one is half dead in another dimension. Didn't mean to start an argument.

I take it you're the same annoying poster from last thread that derailed it there too by complaining over every little thing.

Just for kicks:
>the blanket statement that they never met
That was never said or implied. The poster asked for "some scenes together." Not the same thing. Close, though, nice try!

No need to have these silly arguments, friend. I'm done replying here.

Probably yes, e.g. I think the physicality of the Demogorgon fit with the first season, so I hope to see that same vibe continue.

This.

He's just trying to start an argument for the sake of it - ignore it.

>I take it you're the same annoying poster from last thread that derailed it there too by complaining over every little thing.
I'm not actually, but it's interesting to learn that you're a repeat shitposter in these things.

>He's just trying to start an argument for the sake of it - ignore it.
But we're already in one. And you caused it. Close though, nice try.

wow late night /stg/ is fucking trash

Tripfags generally bring that wherever they go.

youtu.be/DK47f4hv_lc

el poster's fine

This thread begs to differ. Also are you really testifying on behalf of a tripfag? Like they can't blow enough smoke up their own ass?

I swer to follo da one tru kig. LONG LIV KIG STIVE

he's been fine in all past threads, tonight's /stg/ is just shit all around

At least you can see he's contributed to the shit. And all I've ever seen him do is post Millie pics. He may as well not even be here.

I don't even like Millie (at all, honestly). I like El. I mention this a lot. I think you're rather new to these threads.

Anyway, off to bed for real now. Goodnight.

he posts more discussion than pics. whatever dude, it's fine

>I don't even like Millie (at all, honestly).
But you said:
>(Though I did say El purposefully, not Millie, obviously.)
Why would Millie cross your mind first? The jury finds you guilty of hypocrisy and blatant idiocy, you are sentenced to remain a worthless tripfag for the rest of your life!

But he insists on talking shit on Millie in every thread. Fuck him desu

i think he's implying because millie posters, like froggo posters, just spam up the thread posting actors' social media pics and stuff, and he doesn't condone that? again, whatever dude

She's OK. I just like El better. I don't like all this negativity/hate though. Peace.

>still putting this much energy into defending a tripfag
I didn't think there was a sub tier lower than them, but I guess "tripfag lackie" exists. You realize this is all caused by one faggot who needs to have a bigger presence than you and me on an anonymous image board because they're insecure about themselves? How can you support such mentality?

>caring THIS much

>caring THIS much

>camera literally flips upside down when going into the Upside Down
Nothing wrong with it.

Faggot.

Ah, faggot. The final resort.

>dat drag queen face

is the character a male drag queen or a very old female wearing too much makeup?

Why do you have dark suicidal thoughts, user? You should get help. Please.

Faggot.

I'd like to thank the Duffer overlords for introducing Billy the Turbochad this season

No that's pretty retarded

psychopath detected

You seem to projecting about something, but I can't put my finger on it.

I miss Bob. He really should have had the Light of Earendil on him though. It would have kept the demodogs at bay.

How is retarded you retard? I actually thought the same thing, since she was drunk and blurting shit out and nobody in the town really knew what happened to Barb. If they got blamed for accidentally killing Barb and then trying to covering it up, and their alibi is that a monster from another dimension got here without any proof, they would've been well and truly fucked.

Faggot.

Incredible insight into your psyche. I'm on the edge of my seat for what you say next.

Faggot.

>Steve applies for the Hawkins police force so he gets more time with Hopper

I'm still not quite following. Are you implying I am of a certain sexual persuasion?

Does it make you feel better to think that a homosexual is responsible for making you this butthurt?

Will's imagination is responsible for the creatures in the Upside Down. They have a DnD campaign featuring the Demogorgon and the Demogorgon shows up in the Upside Down. Next season they have a DnD campaign featuring the Mind Flayer and it shows up in the Upside Down when it wasn't there before. Will's psychic link to the Mind Flayer in S2 and his strange immunity to harm from the Demogorgon in S1. The dimension that is the Upside Down existed before Will, and the portal to the dimension was opened by El, but the monsters that inhabit the place are entirely the product of Will's imagination which has some kind of as-yet unexplained paranormal quality.

Feels like that's the natural progression for Steve, now that he's no longer the popular boy and lost his girlfriend. Also a Hop and Steve buddy cop arc would make me cum out of every orifice.

Faggot.

hopper is old and ugly. i prefer steve and jonathan buddy team-up.

can you stop

disgusting

yes, hopper is disgustingly old and ugly.

>Faggot.
But WHAT did he mean by this?

>implying I'm the child repeating one word that has to stop
Are you tired? I'm just getting started.

Faggot.

>jonathan
He's probably dead next season

hopper is great and charismatic, you mean

an occasional tough bastard but still a good person, jonathan is just a neet

This isn't a new theory. I agree with most of what you have said and will elaborate below.
>Next season they have a DnD campaign featuring the Mind Flayer and it shows up in the Upside Down when it wasn't there before.
They didn't play any D&D in season two or encounter a Mind Flayer, but the fact Dustin knew so much about it means they have used it at some point. They fought a Thessalhydra at the end of season one and that didn't show up, probably because once the Upside Down equivalent to it actually does, the boys will start realizing that it isn't just a coincidence.

Okay, so what I think happened is that the Upside Down is like a "mental playground" for people like Eleven, who can tap into it knowingly or unknowingly and manifest their thoughts there. But the creatures aren't Eleven's thoughts, they're Will's. Remember in the first episode, we see Will biking home along that road that runs past the lab. Every night after D&D, Will would bike past Eleven, and while he's thinking about the events of their game that night in his head, she's reading them. She's imagining these monsters and characters being projected by Will, but her own twisted versions of them are being created in the Upside Down. She recognizes his wizard piece as his because she knows he's the wizard in his fantasies. And maybe that's why the creatures never kill him or only try to control him, because they think he's the powerful wizard that can stop them. But in our reality, the wizard is Eleven, and now the Mind Flayer wants her instead. I think Eleven might know (or at least have a hunch) more about what's really going on.

Hey, can you elaborate? Still not quite catched what you mean.

Faggot. Also nice grammar retard.

>being so new to Sup Forums that you don't recognize the catched meme
Oh... oh no. You fucked up. You should've just kept it to "faggot." You poor child.

>being so new to Sup Forums that you don't recognize the catched meme
Oh... oh no. You fucked up. You should've just kept it to "faggot." You poor child.

what did he mean by this

Oh, we're playing the repeating game now? Cool! Okay, repeat after me:

Faggot.

I don't think you can do it!

?????