How was this movie allowed to get made?

How was this movie allowed to get made?

More importantly, why was it critically received well? It was awful.

The Jewish connection

>Seth Rogen
>Juvenile raunchy humor
>Weed jokes

Instant critical success.

>critically received well
If by "well" you mean 60% or so then yeah sure, why not. It wasn't a good movie though.

r/atheism the movie

Here's anoterh question:
Why the hell did it look so bad? The CGI looks like something from 2007

Anybody who loves this movie is tailor made for basic-ass comedy.

Anybody who calls this the worst movie ever made because jews and atheism just sounds like they leaked over from Sup Forums.

It was fine. C- to C+. Worth a watch if it's on cable but not worth buying, or even renting really.

What are you talking about? The film was amazing. It had cutting edge humor, great visuals and relatable situations for the audience

>C- to C+
Fucking really? It was the most infantile garbage I've seen in a long time. The movie really felt like they wrote it while they were stoned.

>why was it critically received well?
people with a hateboner for religion

>How was this movie allowed to get made?
Because of Seth Rogen's box office draw. He was on fire by this point, and the studio couldn't say no to him. Keep in mind he started pitching it in 2008. It took him years to get the damn thing sold.

>More importantly, why was it critically received well? It was awful.
Because of all the cultural marxist propaganda in it. It's basically "give into your urges, goy" as a feature film.

And that's not really as bad as you're making it out to be.

Not every comedy has to be some high level dissection of social nuance or prove some satirical point. Sometimes it's okay to laugh at sexual/scatalogical/racial humor because there is shock value in it, provided you're original enough with your writing. The movie had some scenes that were pretty funny (the gruesome deaths, jewish bagel + arab falafel). It also had a lot of stuff that was playground level, which we've all seen before.

Lol, you seem incredulous I'd give it a C-. That's like barely passing. I don't think I'm talking like this is a great movie, I went out of my way to say it's average at best and not worth buying.

I always thought this was a joke movie that got spread around fagbook, I was surprised to see it was an actual real film people paid money to see

>if you don't like this movie, you're a racist

Ah, the Ghostbusters school of thought.

>It's basically "give into your urges, goy"
I think you either didn't watch the move or missed the point entirely.

>Anybody who loves this movie is tailor made for basic-ass comedy.

A comedy doesn't have to be complex, it just has to be funny. This wasn't funny in the slightest.

Yes, because not liking a movie is the same as saying its the worst movie ever made. Fucking dolt.

Nice hyperbole. Please explain why, objectively, this movie was not funny.

I mean to each their own but not a single joke was funny to me. I'm all for dumb movies but this was just tiring. I'd give it an E and that is still generous with how much of a bad time I had watching it.

Think he's implying calling it garbage because of the jewish/atheist stuff and not because of the mediocre writing and jokes is racist.

I watched it today and the only jokes that were even remotely funny to me were the Canadian beers saying "sorry sorry sorry" and the running gag with Douche making food puns which caused the food to think he was addressing them.

And those were only smile-worthy, not laugh-out-loud funny.

Sure, I hear you. Not everybody liked it. Some people did. It made enough money to not be considered a mistake by the studio, but not enough to justify a sequel.

Not sure why so many people in this thread are acting so shocked. It was just another dime-a-dozen comedy flick.

I agree with the other guy. This movie was funny for like, five minutes tops. Sticking swear words into your dialogue at every opportunity doesn't make every line a classic, it makes your dialogue sound dumb and unrealistic.

I went to watch it with my friends and when it got to the part where the returned jar started to give its big speech it stopped being funny and started being cringey. Who talks like that in real life? Its like it was written by a fourteen year old on Sup Forums who discovered he can swear all he likes and get away with it.

And then there's all the gross stuff. Like, that shit would be funny if it was subversive or surprising but there's none of that. It's just Seth Rogen constantly trying to out-gross himself.

The whole movie was trial to sit through and I'm proud of myself for enduring it for the sake of my friends instead of standing up and walking out twenty minutes in.

Yeah unfortunately it followed the famiy guy line of thought for of "stereotypes = instant funny"

The douche being Jeresy Shore ish was amusing

in terms of food puns, the meatloaf scene was fantastic, and I loved Gum for being somewhat intelligent

>It was just another dime-a-dozen comedy flick.

They took the time and effort to script and animate an orgy of food items having sex. This is not normal, and the movie deserves some praise for the sheer novelty of those last 10 minutes. Foodfight didn't really come close to thebody count either

>More importantly, why was it critically received well? It was awful.
Those goddamn Sausage Party shills, I swear.

I watched it twice, dipshit.

i'm sorry

Blame Annapurna

Then you're just an idiot. The final orgy scene was played for humour and not as a theme of the movie.

Winner.

They used a cheap Canadian studio that had only worked on Kids cartoons before who had horrible project management and directors. They burned through staff so badly that half the people who worked on it were uncredited and scenes were almost unfinished at points. When some of the people blew the whistle on it after the film was in theaters, there was a pretty big backlash against it and the studio got in major shit as did Sony Pictures who produced and distributed it and were allegedly ignoring the complaints about the production company burning workers (Because Sony Pictures needed an even more awful reputation than they already have).

So the film looked like shit and basically got ignored by the industry as a black mark despite the fact it proved R-Rated Animation can work at the box office.

Idk, I thought it was great. It was just a fun waste of an hour or so. It may be the same infantile brand of Seth Rogan humor, but it's never been done in a mainstream CGI cartoony-type film before, so it "feels" fresh. No one should be jumping for joy over how great it was, but no one should be ranting and raving over how bad it was either. Anything that can inspire change in the industry is welcome, it's the free-market at work.

>The final orgy scene was played for humour and not as a theme of the movie.
Those two things don't contradict each other in the slightest. Something being played for laughs doesn't mean it's not meaningful. How do you even enjoy art if you're so stuck-up?

>Those two things don't contradict each other in the slightest.
I know.

And I'm not going to read the rest of your post because you sound like an Illuminatifag.

Lots of people swear all day long.
I don't think that in itself is the issue.

Most people don't swear THAT gratuitously. And the ones who do generally sound like they are trying to hard.

this. all popular MSM comedies and made and propped up through information control solely to force out any real comedy - aka clowns, jesters, those whose job is to speak truth to power.

The other guy is right senpai

I assume we watch more cartoons than those critics, so of course we'd have different opinions.

> how was this movie allowed to get made

it was an enormous ego boost for the celebrities involved while they skimmed most of the movies budget off of animators who worked overtime.

>blaming the Jews for your small penis

Please tell me you're kidding.

Because atheists love to suck each other cocks.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
The "dude, religion" and "dude, Isreal/Palistine" shit was ham-fisted, but otherwise its pretty much what I was expecting from Seth Rogen.
>DUDE, DRUGS LMAO
>DUDE, SEX LMAO
>DUDE, FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCKERS LMAO

It had Seth Rogen and friends pitching a movie, was animated by a subpar animation studio no one ever really heard of or cared about and was distributed by a movie studio with quite possibly the worst reputation in Hollywood.

It was a fucking train wreck.

>"dude, Isreal/Palistine"

I didn't watch it, nor do I plan to, but mind explaining how the Israel & Palestine conflict found its way into a Rogen film?

>pictured: Ethan "oy vey" Klein's friends

who's that in the middle? Looks like Neil Cicaraga.

I didn't watch it either but from what I gather there's an Arab bread and a Jewish bagel bickering throughout the movie.

The jews again? I really need to start looking into this further

The falafel and the bagels are forced to share an aisle after the sauerkraut takes the bagels old spot and neither feel like they have enough space

Theres a bagel and a lavash. The Lavash hates the bagel and the other jew foods because they took an aisle they occupied.

idubbbz

That's just the problem, it wasn't original.

>Mexicans are drunk and like tacos LOL
>Germans are nazis LOL
>Jews are jews LOL
>Christians are dumb LOL
>Muslims are terrorists LOL
>DUDE WEED LMAAAAAOOOOOO

Only college freshmen who have never been unsupervised before

I thought it was alright. I chuckled a few times, which is more than I can say for most comedies.

>R-Rated Animation can work at the box office.
South Park already proved that. Hell, even Aqua Teen made back five times its budget. Just because Bakshi's shitty underground awkward, stilted, limited released films don't do well doesn't mean people don't want R-rated films. It just means Bakshi can't reach a mainstream audience.

Rogen can. And I'm sure The Goon would have too if it was actually made.

>mentioned nothing about a small penis
PROJECTING SAD!
>must be a Jew because he got all sweaty when FPBP

i'm 5 minutes in and it's awful

is it just "fuck fuck i wanna have sex" all the way through

I think Sup Forums is a little harsh on it but then again I may be biased because I had a pretty good experience when I saw it. I was with a friend in a mostly packed theater and everybody in there was having a good time laughing along. The used condom got a great reaction and everybody lost their minds for the entirety of the orgy scene. I'm sure if I watched it alone at home I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much but whatever I had a great time in the theater.

Nepotism
>why was it critically received well
Because atheism is the "cool" and "enlightened" thing now.

A crude comedy movie getting made is because of da joos? I thought humans in general like crude humor because we're all immature, but I guess we've been brainwashed to like it.

Contrarianism/people who are so out of touch as to think cartoons are a kids' medium.

>It has swearing AND dares to talk down to organized religion in a condescending way! How daring!
Who cares how they cheated all those animators, right?

The same people who I've seen love this are also the people who claim Ghostbusters 2016 is superior to the original.
So contrarians with shit taste in comedy.

I feel like this movie was made to be seen while high though, so I can at least grant it the concession that, having seen it sober, I wasn't the target audience.

He was referring to the people, in this very thread, who said/implied it was bad BECAUSE of jews/atheism.

I thought it was okay, I'd give it about a C- as well, mostly that's because I read the leaked script beforehand. Trust me, it could have been a lot fucking worse. They had someone with a basic grasp on screenplay come in and at least give it the basic resemblance of a movie; before, it really really felt like a bunch of stoned retards spouting off shit, writing it down and calling it a 'script'.

>>They used a cheap Canadian studio that had only worked on Kids cartoons before who had horrible project management and directors.
I really love how they said shit in interviews like "We see so much waste in mainstream animated movies, it's really easy to produce on a budget, you just need to cut out the unnecessary fat". Which is to say, the animator's paychecks. What a bunch of scumbags.

>5 minutes
>all the way through

Pick 1.

Fuck you the animation looked great.

Dont get so fucking triggered over the food weed movie Sup Forums, you just prove to be Sup Forumsmblr once again

Bet you prefer SupermanvsBatman, right?