So in the past few decades horror has moved from:

So in the past few decades horror has moved from:

- Craven's examination of the genre itself that gave rise to similar and less sucessful projects, slasher examinations etc
- Found footage (Blair Witch) that really exploded some time later
- Haunted house / other ghost / exorcism crap
- Slasher becoming irrelevant commercially
- Lovecraftian horror coming into vogue (indie scene) without a single notable movie due to it being confined to, well, indie scene
- Demise of Korean horror
- Demise of Japanese horror and Asian horror in general
- A few memorable years of French horror

What's next?

I'm not really sure, it's still my favorite genre but it's been dead for a long time. The Ring is the only 21st century horror movie I like, that's pretty sad.

>Lovecraftian horror coming into vogue (indie scene) without a single notable movie due to it being confined to, well, indie scene
>A few memorable years of French horror
Can you give examples of these 2?

probably more vr horror that involve big studios and the like

Horror is never gone. Explore independent film you idiots. There's tons ofngreat horror movies released every year.

Spring and The Void

Well which ones?

haute tension, inside, vinyan etc for french

the void, dagon, spring, pontypool, tons of indie adaptations for lovecraft,

bullshit, not a single good horror movie this year.

Sorry senpai, im just going to be honest here. I love the first two insidious and conjuring movies

The previously mentioned Spring and The Void. It Follows. A Dark Song. Raw. Final Girls. Totem. The Creep Movies. Dave Made a Maze. The Alchemists Cook Book. Green Room. The fucking Witch. There's tons of great horror that's made each andnebery year but you morons never even see it. He'll even this year thtee of the best reviewed films released in the mainstream were horror.

>It Follows
and there goes my trust in your post, yup horrors dead

>muh viral
>muh Reddit
And this is why you will forever continue to wallow in memes and capeshit.

The worst horror is the cancellation of the big shoe

>>independent
LOL

I get they fall under the category but they are barely independent. Look at the budgets on those. Come back to this thread when you have got into real underground/independent horror stuff with a budget of $10,000 or less.

>it follows
>vvitch

I'm amazed that people post this outside reddit and designated shill spots as good

Like, imagine anybody watching those movies and thinking "yeah, this is some great engaging horror"

>green room

At least get the genre right, jesus christ

I never said anything of the sort. I saw it at my local theatre and it sucked. I'm even from Michigan and I hated it.

Stuff like that is a bit harder to come by nowadays, but every now and then we'll get a Cutting Moments or S&Man.

>0/12

My point is, there are tons of horror movies released every year. Tons. All one needs to do is make the effort to find it.

>photoshopping uggo kstew's face onto prime waifu tania raymonde

I think we found the real horror here

>tania raymonde
She's a kike. Stewart isn't.

also black mountain side, yellowbrickroad

kristen har a prettier face though

She's had enough jew cum inside her to be counted as one

We Conjuring Expanded Universe now.

why dont more women have this type of hair?

>kristen stewart
She's a dyke. Raymonde isn't.

Tbh I'm waiting for 90's slasher movies to be nostalgic enough that we start getting more of them

Thought it might happen after Scream 4, but no

Technically she's bisexual.