Anybody else really made about this?

Anybody else really made about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6BWeugcq3h4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Sonny's alimony even took his clothes

JUST

Let's face it, breakfast is ruined.

You have to give the marketing team credit for actually copying what's popular with kids while it's still popular.

>Cereal companies change their mascot depending on the style of cartoons popular with kids

What's there to be mad about? It's business. You know he didn't always look like a Disney knockoff either right?

What? The fact that they're going back to their roots?

What unforgivable is if you look, there's only one type of marshmallow that comes in 2 colors.

Learn to cook.

No cause it's cereal. Grow up.

It's a limited edition kind, probably for St. Patrick's day.

>green clover

It's a limited edition for St. Patty's Day.

>limited edition cereal

You do know that cause is a different word and not a shortened version of because, you fucking dunce?

Absurdly common really. Mainly done to get dumb kids to buy it

Not really

>end of feb.
>still pushing the monster cereal

Fuck you, GMills.

>gluten free
fuck you people with celiac disease! you ruin everything good!

Couldn't care less.
Wake me up if they give him ear gauges and a boot fetish.

No, my mom loved me.

So ass blasted you couldn't read the next 2 words?

some things dont have gluten to begin with.
They are just letting people know.

the best cereal I ever had was the limited edition when 101 dalmatians 2 came out, it was so fucking delicious and knowing I will never taste it again makes me sad.

Consider yourself lucky

American cereal looks so interesting and tasty

The UK are very overprotective and uptight on what breakfast cereals contain and how they are marketed to children

Thanks to this we're left with bland wholegrain goatfood like bran that tastes like bark and has no actual flavour

>Getting mad over the design of cereal mascots

Lucky Charms taste like ass anyway so I give so little of a shit.

Consider yourself lucky
in my country we have cereal piracy, it's hard to find real ceral that it's not just a mix of sawdust and cardboard extremely covered in raw sugar or cocoa-syrup-imitation

>you will never get your balanced breakfast again

no, it's chinese cereal with fake mascots that look like the real deal but you can notice the difference, also they come in plastic bags, not in a box, and sometimes you can find bags that go from 10 to 20 pounds of that shitty plastic cereal.

Cereal was never good.

>literally Geoff Johns: the thread

mother fucker it's corn cereal, that's just a selling point not a modification of the formula

just looks at chex, they plaster that shit on the box because they know about the meme

oat cereal rather, excuse me

but really I can't think of many cereals that WOULD have gluten in the first place, it all seems to be oat corn and rice

retro packaging is so damn hot right now

He's almost fuckable now

No.
I'm hungry about this though.

Does it hurt to be that wrong?

I like cereal but definitely not as a breakfast food, or any kind of food really.

For me I group it into the same category as chips and cookies and just general junk food, because that much processed sugar is basically candy.

bring back Oreo O's reeee

yeah but it's still good

I don't get mad, OP.

I get cereal.

Honestly I can understand the reasoning for trying to ape the general style of kids cartoons of the era.
From a marketing perspective it is a pretty smart idea.
I can look at it and go
>This could be a Tex Avery cartoon
>This could be a Hanna-barbarra cartoon
>Did they make depression medication commercials back in 1988?
>Here is the late 90s when shit wasn't awful
>Here is just straight up super-flat noodle-arms bullshit that is inexcusable because art shouldn't regress like that

what the fuck happened in 2010?

E T E R N A L
T
E
R
N
A
L

>>Did they make depression medication commercials back in 1988?
That looks like "the littles"

They could make bank selling rustled jimmies: the cereal.

>Wasting time cooking a proper breakfast in the morning when you're trying to get to work on time
>When you could just be enjoying some delicious cocoa pebbles instead

Too much work, not enough payoff

6/10 5/10 2/10
1/10 6/10 2/10
7/10 4/10 5/10

>He didn't vote for the Count

He promised to make cereal great again, you swine.

Rabbit is now a Flash puppet, but I can care less.

Count Chocula is year-round, no?

I haven't been a child in decades, so I honestly don't know.

What? I thought they were only available seasonally. Fucking how are they still getting "pushed"?

I can't make a new thread but the sticky is gone
Where is the sticky
I am scared

Wrong thread and wrong board, friendo.

Who the fuck is this gobshit?

A) Lucky the Leprechaun is a racist irish stereotype
B) Cereal mascots are just a way of selling incredibly unhealthy sugary corn puffs to children

Sup Forums's sticky is gone
Look at the catlog.

At least one of those comics is written by Bedard. I might buy a box just to see if they live up to his KFC masterpieces.

Irish people are magical gnomes now?

Hambre-Os: Get your Jimmies rustled with every spoonful!

>t. the man on a japanese image board

this

faggots please
that is how it's done

Sonny did not originally have a fucking Members Only tracksuit, 90s kid

>late nineties is a garbage pastel tiny toons abomination with that awful fucking gradient shading
>"wasn't awful"

Now that's a cereal mascot face

Bring back the original Strawberry Mini-Wheats with the strawberry filling in the center.

There never has and never will be another cereal like it.

Truth.1983 was best. 2016 is not bad compared to most of these. 1964 and 1973 aren't bad either.

you mean like the knock offs that malt-o-meal makes?

It's supposed to be seasonal for the fall

Yeah, pretty much agree with that ranking

They used to sell it year-round when I was a wee lad, but I live in Michigan so maybe we just get special shit like that.

HOLY SHIT I REMEMBER THESE

They kinda did apparently

'83 it a bit too geometrical for me. What '16 improved in comparison is being a bit more "organic" in parts. Especially the eye region

The reason '83 is good is because it is simple enough to be iconic. It's bold and simple. In 50 years when this thread is reposted, people will look at the '16 design and it won't stick out from the pack at all. I think '83 will stand the test of time.

I don't remember the other mascots aside from the 2016 one for some reason
>inb4 underage faggot

The reeses cereal is so high tier even though the candy itself is eh.

They fucking changed that box shortly after rustled jimmies became a thing. I really like believing the meme played a part in that.

youtu.be/6BWeugcq3h4

Rare footage of Geoff Johns

They need to bring back all the old mascots.

Cereal was a mistake.

I wouldn't say flat colors and simple shapes make a thing iconic. I'd say it's the character's key features (shirt, hat, eyebrows,..) that make him iconic. For example, I'd say '88 is more visually pleasant than '83 or '16, and would consider min not any less iconic than '83. One can make the point that removing distractions like depth or "richness" in color from the character's design helps, but I'd argue that the human brain is so excellent at forgetting details such as that that it's worth the cost

Anybodyelse's pee smell funny?

Painfully obvious that these cereals are just using the cartoon style of their era. No reason to be mad when the current style is following the trends that they've been following for forever.

B-but it wasn't like that when I was a kid!

>cereal commercial has continuity
>have the patience of an third grader

Count Chocula is year-round, the other two are seasonal.

They still got in in Worst Korea

>made

I tried both this and the Batman cereal a while before the movie came out.
Bat's was like, chocolate strawberry, for some reason, and was hands down the worst cereal I've ever wasted milk on.
Supes was far superior in terms of taste, but nothing overly great either.

THE TRIUMVIRATE!

Like fashion, everything goes in circles.

Just wait, 50 or "retro" looks will come back within the next few years. Think Fallout chrome and designs.

I was much angrier when they replaced the yellow moons with pots of gold. Those little fuckers looked like a case of hemorrhoids with every bite!

Those Froot Loops commercials were brutal. They paid off with a whole new type of Froot Loops tho. I remember Sam finally discovering it.

>They fucking changed that box shortly after rustled jimmies became a thing
I had no reason to have laughed so hard after reading that, shit.

I don't see any disco in the OP image

>Roller derby skates...

they still sell the original box where I live, least last time I checked

>disco roller derby isn't a thing