How long till we start seeing microtransactions in movies...

How long till we start seeing microtransactions in movies? How long till we have to start paying for a better ending to a movie?

the fuck is this shit

New Star Wars game, basically if you were retarded enough to buy it:

>can't unlock characters like Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and others without paying in-game currency
>takes about 40 hours to unlock one character
>"OR GOYIM YOU COULD PAY FOR THE CHARACTER IN OUR BRAND NEW LOOTBOXES OY VEY"
>people lost their shit
>EA responds by slightly reducing the price of characters
>still takes 10 hours to get one character
>people can just pay to level up, get better guns and win

they made
>every weapon
>every character
>every skill
pay to win (to an extent)
first time in a video game where it's done that
they toned it down in 2 days, but what they're really doing is forcing people to not rush the game to completion in the lowest amount of time possible

>The comment said that EA appreciated the "candid feedback" and the players' "passion", but said that it had made the decision to improve the experience.

>"The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes," the comment read.

>"As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

>"We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets."

>It concluded with a message reading "Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can".
Microtransactions for an $80 game fuck me.

Wasn't there just a thread about this? Are you so addicted to the (You)?

sounds like a great business model, because there certainly are a large amount of retards out there who will pay.

WOW 40 hours of gaming. I literally can't imagine spending that much time looking at a screen when I could be outside meeting new people or fucking Stacy.

>oh no i have to play the game to unlock things!

milennials... baka

That's great but please take this manchild Sup Forumseddit shit back to your containment board.

Quit paying for the shit and they'll stop making it. Just stop. Stop buying the tickets, toys and tours. Just stop.

Movies have had this model for years.
>Pay to see a movie once in theaters
>Additional viewings cost more
>Can buy dvd for unlimited viewings months later
>1080p dvd costs more
>"special edition" dvd with more deleted scenes comes out months later and costs even more

I fucking hate when people say oh if you don't like the game don't buy it why do you have to get angry at others for spending their money however they want. Every dollar these people spend on mediocre trash is more incentive for companies to put less work into more expensive games. It's happening with movies, games, and with all kinds of consumer electronics where people will pay twice as much for less quality because of a brand name.

>Getting upset over a childrens toy

You are like all those parents protesting Pokemon. Just buy your kid a damn bat and baseball and watch him get years of enjoyment and exercise from it.

oh no how horrible

>buy a car
>either get the base model
>or get optional extras
>or get a deluxe version with all the extras

I know a car analogy is difficult for gamers since they're overgrown children, so how about

>buy burger
>either get the burger by itself or with fries or a drink
>or get a large meal with even more extras

Gamers are the most entitled bunch of spoiled children I have ever seen

there is plenty of reason to upset at EA, even before this latest instance

but this isn't Sup Forums

>How long till we start seeing microtransactions in movies?
>BvS Ultimate Edition
>SS Extended cut
We are seeing them already

You're bad at this

it's a little more devious than that

they use the beta to determine how quickly players can acquire the rewards, and then retune the process to make it insufferable enough to push players into purchasing

>EA responds by slightly reducing the price of characters
EA reduce 75% the price of characters... but they reduce 75% the in-game rewards, so in the end is basically the same, unless you spend real money, because that way the 75% is real.

When the first one came out, everyone trashed it for EA's practise of pay to win. These moron will still buy it because they are fags who can't control their addiction to stupid shit. Because of these fags Disney and EA will continue to pproduce high priced garbage

delete it

>microtransactions in movies
there aint much left except
>Charge extra for a seat to watch the movie
>Charge extra to go take 5 bathroom breaks
they already micro'd everything else
>charge for food
>charge for imax headphones
>charge for imax
>charge per person

Poor analogies but you have to reckon the game industry has changed with all these in-game payments. That's why videogames became more profitable than Hollywood movies.

>encouraging anyone to play baseball

people actually remember the times when buying a video game disc was the only thing necessary to play a game, when it comes to online games, it's hard not to see that traditional pay to play games are becoming extinct in favor of "buy disc (60-70 bucks)" + "pay2win shit (0-inf bucks)" which used to exist only in the free to play model

Its better than Bing Bing Woohoo, Concussion ball, or nigger hoops.

Acting collectively entitled gets you cheaper shit, so why wouldn't you do it?

Yeah it's great if you're raising a pot bellied Asian child and want to fall asleep faster at the games

DLC Maps are going to be completely free. You can't have it both ways. If it's unlockable through gameplay, then it is. Doesn't matter how long it takes. Deal with it you little faggots.

Btw I'm not buying it because the gameplay changed too much from the first one, which I loved.

sounds fine for the losers who play games with micro transactions.

>a thousand and one first person shooters on the market
>you pick the one with the shadiest and greediest corporation behind it
>you bitch and complain when the shadiest and greediest corporation does shady and greedy things

???? I'm sorry. What is the outrage here?

It's not about that. It's about them purposely locking character/items/weapons behind (x) number of hours so people are more inclined to purchase those said items early.

Fucking this.

The last EA game I bought was Titanfall 2 and before that was Titanfall 1. Both good games in their own right. But I would never buy anything EA related ever again.

>meeting normies
>meeting girls whose hobbies consist of watching netflix and bitching
>truly exciting

gr8 b8 m8

not to mention you have already paid 50 quid. doesn't that entitle you to those things?

nothing wrong with making non-gameplay aesthetic elements unlockable, but actual quintesseential characters?

imagine buying injustice and you can't play as batman or superman without paying for them.

Right, why even protest against bad things amirite? Just ignore power hungry corporations and let them become even bigger!

I get that most if not all video game companies, and especially EA prefer cash over quality, but producing pay2win shit that generates enough cash cannot last forever, it always ruins game mechanics and negatively affects the quality of their products, thus reducing the number of those willing to pay (unless dumb american 10 year olds who like crap never provoke their mommies to check what money's spent on)

Doesn't seem bad at all
>be Jew
>do jewy shit
>retards willingly eat it up
>they complain about your jewry
>say you'll change your ways, don't
>continue raking of shekels
>retards will hand over money because retards
>rinse and repeat

are they blaming the gators already?

Sup Forums fuck off

>Just ignore power hungry corporations and let them become even bigger!
Because bitching in a tibetian goatmilking centre would bring about the change you desire huh.

>ignoring the hundreds of letters sent, the thousands of emails to developers and posts on official reddit pages etc.

You can bitch all you want, make all the change.org petitions you feel is right, get them to 500 million signatures for all they care. But as long as you buy their games, they will continue to do this. And you will continue to buy their games, and you will continue to bitch online that you got ripped off for it. You are a slave, a pawn, stuck in an endless cycle of naive decisions.

When did we get raided by every shitty forum on the internet?

All of which will be... ignored

>>EA responds by slightly reducing the price of characters
>>still takes 10 hours to get one character

Actually they reduced the price of the hero's by 75%, They just also lowered the amount of credits you earn per match by 75%

>thinly veiled Sup Forums thread
Stop trying to recruit people to downvote EA on reddit already. Not your personal army and this is not tv related you faggot

FIFA faggots ruined gaming a long time ago.

>ignoring the hundreds of letters sent, the thousands of emails to developers and posts on official reddit pages etc.
>actually doing all this queer shit instead of rolling up on EA headquarters with your boys and shooting the executives
o i am laffin

>complain about 40 hours
>meanwhile in the shitty EA game I play it's 3-6 months or 300$ per character

Idk, recent stories and responses from EA seem to suggest otherwise.

Normies are waking up. If the Last Jedi sucks, they're done.

>Go to cinema
>Pay for movie ticket
>Get given a random movie ticket
Shitter WILL defend with "B-But you get a product for what you paid!"

>EA HAS ALWAYS BEEN GREEDY
>I AM MUCH SMARTER THAN EVERYONE ONLINE BECAUSE I KNEW HOW GREEDY EA ALREADY WAS BEFORE AND HAVEN'T BOUGHT A GAME FROM THEM SINCE 2007
>PEOPLE ARE SURPRISED EA IS GREEDY??? I'VE KNOWN ABOUT THIS SINCE BEFORE EA EVEN EXISTED
>PEOPLE ARE SO FUCKING STUPID FOR BEING ANGRY AT EA'S GREEDY BUSINESS PRACTICES, WHICH I ALREADY KNEW ABOUT

We get it, you were ahead of the curve and you're better than everyone else here, congrats.

>quit gaming and get out of basement
>meet Stacy
>Hey how you doin
>get accused of sexual assault
>blacklisted from any job
>spend a week in jail
>end up broke
>end up on the streets
>an hero

You think you're clever but you like everyone else have no idea what you're talking about. It was nowhere as bad as you make it sound but now that they've dropped the credit requirements I could unlock Vader in 6 hours of play time which is equivalent to level 55 weapon unlocks in CoD. The free lootboxes are more than enough to have a good time coupled with the standard multiplayer level unlocks, whales dropping mad cash won't help them win.

You don't play the game, lying doesn't help your cause.

>not giving your kid concussions to better fit in with normie society

I remember when the independent wasn't utter shit.

I hope EA destroys the video game industry totally

30 crystals have been deposited in your Origin account

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD CHAD

>commercial breaks during movie, can pay extra to avoid
>"basic" version with scenes cut out you have to pay extra to see
>pay extra to see in more than 12fps

They are already throwing around the idea of putting movies into tiers so more popular releases cost more but shit movies are cheap.

Thing is, gaming industry is fucked because it's a thinly veiled front for peddling gambling to children. Until (not likely) the good old State steps in and stamps out the corporations (LOL), there is no hope for the future of the medium since you cannot beat gambling mechanics in the commercial sphere, ever. Every big game will forever be designed around it, it's a sure bet.

So that's it for video games, dead medium.

As for theatres I can't say I care, I only go to the cinematheque couple times per month and with the prices they have I hope mall theatres die soon and the industry with them.

>How long till we have to start paying for a better ending to a movie?

What is director's cut?

imax headphones? in what third world country do you live senpai?

More like

>pay 40 grand for car
>either drive around on rims for a few days to earn tyres or pay extra upfront to get them immediately
>repeat for windscreen
>repeat to upgrade handlebars to steering wheel
>repeat to replace driving stool with seat

Except you can return a car if you don't like it after a day.

The first one was the most bland boring piece of shit and you are most certainly 18 or younger. If you're not you need to grow the fuck up because that game was literally just busy work for retarded kids.

>40 hours to unlock one (ONE) character
>In a game with 16 characters
>40x16 = 640 hours
>640/24 (days) = 26.6 days
26.6 days of play time, spending your points on absolutely nothing but heroes. Seems bad to me user

NOOOOOO I HAVE TO PLAY AS LUKE SKYWALKERE WAHHHH!!!!!

another great thread about television and film

You haven't understood clearly what that "40 hours" translates to. It doesn't mean you have to play for 40 hours, it means you have to play 40 hours without unlocking anything new. You have to continuously play those same 40 hours because you aren't expanding your gameplay possibilities in any way without buying the hero.

>people are complaining about having to play the video game to unlock things
i dont understand, we didnt get mad about having to unlock smash characters as a kid

Oy vey!

The point is kids with mommies credit card are going to stomp you with their P2W gear while you grind for forty hours

t.EA

if you leave melee running overnight without attending to it, you'll unlock every character
if you played battlefront 2 through the night you wouldn't be able to afford one character

Then get a fucking job, you loser. Or better yet, use this as an incentive to stop playing videogames and do something actuallly productive with your life.

Battlefront 1 was one of the worst games I've played this generation.

Nothing feels consequential.

nah, it's more like
>bought a car
>it had no doors
>had to buy boxes wich may or may not contain doors
>finally got a door
>it's wrong colour
NO REFUNDS

unlocks are actually pretty cancerous in big team-based multiplayer games because instead of focusing on the in-game objective and doing team work, every player has their own unlock path they are working on and basically just fuck around trying to unlock the next fancy thing on their wishlist.

hi EA spokesperson

The problem is that they made it take an absurd amount of hours to get so you can spend real shekels to get actual gamechanging upgrades. Were talking things like 100 invul when using boba fetts missiles when in he air or 40% faster weapon shooting speed.

This is some korean mmo level bs going on here.

>twitter screenshot of a blog post about reddit’s reaction to the nu-Star Wars vidya game
the absolute state of Sup Forums

Sup Forumsidya toddlers at it again, you deserve it for wanting to give EA money in the first place you dumb fucking idiot.