Why did people lose their shit over midichlorians?

Why did people lose their shit over midichlorians?

>Yoda makes a grand speech about how the Force surrounds and binds us
>beep boop your midichlorian power level is over 9000, you're a jedi now

>you're a jedi now
But there's still training required

This, you can't even use/sense the force unless you've got bugs in your blood that only a Scientology e-meter can detect.

>super advanced civilization exists for thousands of years
>well aware of the existence of the force
>still unable to explain it scientifically

Because Star Wars fans don't like science fiction as much as they think they do.

isnt it possible that qui gon is just a fucking weirdo and doesnt know what hes talking about?

just turn off your brain LMAO

>the virgin midichlorian mediation and the Chad midichlorian steroids

It's just so baffling. The movie doesn't say that midichlorians are the force, but it's still a fucking dumb idea to determine if somebody is strong with the force through a nurse's blood test. Just cut that shit out, and have Liam Neeson say a line were he senses great strength or whatever in the kid.

They tried making the series into Dragonball Z

immature groupthinkers.
He obviously needed verifiable proof that anakin was very force-sensitive for the plot to work.

but they do a simple test with hidden pictures anyway to verify it.

Hi George, you could have just had him detect it with, I dunno, the Force.

you know who else must have passed that test but obviously wasn't very strong in the force?

um user...

Because they have no idea how they work and what they are. You still have people that think they're the Force.

This is what I'm talking about. This ignorance.

that's not objective, quantitative or recordable.
if the feeling was sufficient to advance the plot, how could the other people in the council be skeptical?

The point of that scene isn't that he was a shit jedi, it's that Jango Fett is such a massive badass that he can take out jedi with just his gun. It doesn't take that much intelligence to understand Star Wars prequel scenes, user.

>luke's "training"
>two old men bullshit to him about using the force, one for like a week while luke plays with toys and the other for like a month with half of that being carrying the little nigger around to do errands
>everything about rey

all he did is shoot 3 times. even a battledroid could do that

Not that guy, but I think it's nice to show that Jedi aren't invincible to projectile weapons.

But most jedi would just block the lasers and cut the droid down. Jedi use the force to enhance their reflexes and predict where the shot will hit them before it does. Through some mumbo jumbo explanation Jango is able to be less predictable, even to a jedi.

But they rejected him at first because he was too old, and because they sensed some darkness or whatever in him, right? Not because they didn't agree that Anakin was strong with the force.

a bunch of manchildren got scared that they wont have the force because midichlorians quantify it instead being some mystical voodoo that they can pretend they have

Because they never mentioned them in the OT, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It’s this
There’s like a 1:1 correlation of nu-males who got collectively butthurt over the very reasonable and plot-relevant single line about midi-clorians and the current balding pussyhats with a #resist bumper sticker on their Miata

It's the difference between people who watch Star Wars as films and people who see it as a way of life

IT RUINED MY CHILDHOOD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IT WAS BETTER WHEN IT MADE NO SENSE

Because it took the mysticism out of the force

>implying it's better to fully understand it
90% of things in film are better when they have ambiguity to them

>Star Wars fans don't like science fiction as much as they think they do
>not objective, quantitative or recordable
That's the fucking point. Star Wars wasn't science fiction. It was science fantasy. In the original trilogy the Force was something mystical, unknowable and the Jedi were like wizards. Then episodes I-III turned wizards into pseudo scientists and politicians. Eurgh!

Because they think midichlorians = quantifiable potential of a Jedi / Sith. A sort of synonym for power or talent. IT'S OVAH 9000!!!

Midicholine inspection day

The Force is something you believe in, not something you prove. The idea of the Force can be symbolic for many things in real life, it's a general idea that works for evoking emotions and telling a story. Midichlorians break that magical transcendent quality and make it concrete and measurable in a way, that's completely unnecessary. The Force can stand for many things at once, midichlorians stand for zip shit.

>IT WAS BETTER WHEN IT MADE NO SENSE
You implying that midichlorians make sense?
It makes as much sense as powerlevels in dragon ball z, not a hint beyond that.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You can thank the red letter media nitpicking extravaganza.

Except Anakin had the highest midichlorian count ever recorded and the council still thought he wasn't fit to be a jedi.

It's four syllabes long.

If Anakin has so many midichlorians then how come he got rekt by Obi 1v1?

Good one, idiot

Takes away the mystery and fantasy of the Force and replaces it with Autism.

In fact, that's the general rule in the prequel trilogy, everything you think is cool is replaced with Autism.

Midichlorians can't defeat the high ground.

Maybe midichlorians inhabit your body because of the Force?

>Takes away the mystery and fantasy of the Force and replaces it with Autism

No, it replaced it with numbers, which is arguably worse.

The original series felt like turning a fantasy setting into a space opera. It had Empires, Princesses, fantasy creatures, etc.

>the force is something you believe in
this is dumb as fuck. So what you're saying is that if you really really believed in the force you could go and call the emperor a faggot to his face and fuck him up afterwards?

A ton of people disliked these dumpster fires before rlm ever existed

Yeah....that's actually kinda what exactly happened.

The context is different. Gui Gon at the time was a member of a powerful galactic institution.

Almost everything in the setting has midichlorians. They're a symbiotic bacteria that live off of residual Force energy. The stronger your connection to the Force, the more they thrive. Idiots somehow conflated their presence and numbers to indicate that gave you access to the Force despite numerous inanimate objects obviously having a connection (rocks, X-Wings, proton torpedo, etc.)

Like Jews when you're rich?

literally nothing about them is canon other than their existence in Episode 1. It's not exactly explained what their source or purpose is, other than they're an indication of Force sensitivity.

stop going off your shitty EU explanations. none of that matters.

and they probably came from a tree

>it's a general idea that works for evoking emotions and telling a story. Midichlorians break that magical transcendent quality and make it concrete and measurable in a way, that's completely unnecessary.
This. Before Episode 1, the force was a somewhat generic spiritual concept that character had to work to cultivate and use. George Lucas compared it to Kung Fu in interviews all the time; it was something that was mystical, but could be harnessed by anyone with enough dedication.

Midicholorians ruin that by turning it into a quantifiable way to tell someone's power level. Yoda isn't the best Jedi alive because he worked for it over hundreds of years, it's because he had the highest midichlorian count (before Anakin). It's a big, jarring change to the mythos.

Anakin Skywalker: Master, sir, I heard Yoda talking about midi-chlorians. I've been wondering...what are midi-chlorians?
Qui-Gon Jinn: Midi-chlorians are a microcopic lifeform that reside within all living cells and communicates with the Force.
Anakin Skywalker: They live inside of me?
Qui-Gon Jinn: In your cells, yes. We are symbionts with them-
Anakin Skywalker: Symbionts?
Qui-Gon Jinn: Life forms living together for mutual advantage. Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to you, telling you the will of the Force. When you learn to quiet your mind, you will hear them speaking to you.
Anakin Skywalker: I don't understand.
Qui-Gon Jinn: With time and training, Annie, you will. You will.

because they're literally the one and only mechanism by which people can use the force. Fat autistic apologists on Sup Forums don't change the fact that George Lucas can't Jedi into genetically superior monster.

Have midichlorians ever been mentioned outside episode 1?

>george could have LITERALLY filmed a 30 second scene where anakin moves some shit with his mind a la luke did with the x-wing and episode 1 might have been redeemed
>"wow this child is so powerful, and without training!" or some shit
>decided to spend 5 minutes on 'muh science explains supernatural power'

midichlorians aren't the force, just parasites who can tell what the force want

I thought he was going to get mad and force fuck sebulba for cheating

I'm not sure if this is the case but I remember a few star war games with weapons of which lightsabers were weak against because they just had too much punch in them.

If you notice during that scene, Jango Fett's laser pistol actually pushes away the jedi's lightsaver.

mace deflected several shots without an issue

Well Samuel Jackson couldn't go down like a bitch. I'd figure it even was in his contract.

maybe not in the contract, but george did agree to give him a decent death scene

he's not even dead

>Hey Gandalf, how many mana points do you have?

>I love goooold

Because they're dorks who can't accept anything new or different because it 'ruins' whatever stupid shit they had as a kid. Their childhood being the only part if their life when they weren't a complete failure.

The thing is midichlorians in Phantom Menace were a setup for the eventual payoff in Revenge of the Sith that Palpatine had manipulated the force to create Anakin, but Lucas pussied out when it came time for the reveal and in the final film only alluded to this idea, resulting in a dumb, seemingly arbitrary scene in Phantom Menace and Anakin inexplicably immediately turning to the dark side in Sith.

so mike stoklasa.

because there was no reason to add them, it didn't do fucking anything, might as well just sense the force is strong with this one like usual