Nightwing Movie Plot?

Let's face it. Dick's barely had any noteworthy stories. Let's take a look:

Nightwing: Year One - The origin includes Batman, Superman, and the Titans. Assuming Jason is long dead, Dick is already Nightwing and this story is DOA

Bludhaven - You could, but why? As cool as Blockbuster was, it's just a shitty Daredevil rip-off. Bludhaven is lame as fuck.

The Hunt for Oracle - This could actually work. Dick gets beat to hell and back in the first act while undercover at Blackgate, gets out, then has to help Babs defend the clocktower from a 'The Raid' style invasion? I'd watch the fuck out of that.

DickBats (Batman Reborn, Black Mirror) - Requires Batman to be dead. And then it's not a Nightwing movie. Save it for when Affleck wants out.

Court of Owls - Only works if Bruce isn't there. Otherwise just make it a Batman movie.

Spyral - Top Tier Dick book, but doesn't make sense as the first Nightwing movie. Normies don't know who he is.

Ideas? What should the movie be about?

>Ideas? What should the movie be about?
How he forms the Teen Titans.

Why would Dickbats stuff require Bruce to be dead outside of the arc wihere they threw the clone into the pit? The biggest issue is not that you have to kill Bruce but that you need Damian because it's about the growth of their relationship more than just fighting Pyg.

Court of Owls was originally going to be a Dickbats story too, doesn't require Bruce in concept.

Reconciliation with Batman

Taking up the mantle of Batman

Establishing the Titans

Superman only just appeared. Barry Allen is a kid. Aquaman and Wonder Woman are unknown to everyone.
Batman is in his 40's. Jason is dead.

Dick's gonna be in his 20's and none of his generation of heroes exist. How can he form anything?

You need a reasonable excuse for the DCEU Batman to fuck off out of Gotham for a Dickbats story. Otherwise, the entire time, you're wondering why Batman isn't there.

You realize that JL is going to come out before this movie, right? It's not literally happening next. Other things will develop in the universe first. You can even still have a Wally, just have it be a kid Barry tutored a few years ago and more as a brothers thing. It would be easy to do.

But I don't think they would.

He doesn't need to fuck off. Just set it in a different city which is what presumably a Nightwing movie will do anyway.

There was that animated Nightwing series where Raven was going to be in it that got cancelled. I wonder what the story around that would have been.

They would use the Raven, Starfire, Beast Boy Titans not the Kid Flash, Wonder Girl and Aqualad ones. So they don't need any legacies to create the team.

All they have to do for a Teen Titans movie is say meta human teenagers started coming out of the woodwork after the JL saved the world and have Dick decide to set up a team.

>DickBats (Batman Reborn, Black Mirror) - Requires Batman to be dead. And then it's not a Nightwing movie. Save it for when Affleck wants out.
>When Affleck wants out.
The time has come.

A Nightwing movie just sounds wrong to me. Dont get me wrong, I like Grayson, but it feels like he'd be better off in a supporting role.

When people say a character doesn't have "stories" what they really mean is standalone graphic novels.

Dixon's Nightwing run has plenty of good stories that would be easy to adapt into a movie.

Could probably do something with Deathstroke and Rose

I'm assuming there's no plan for the movie other than introducing Affleck's replacement so why not

Not everything has to be 100% based on a prior existing story

Pretty much.

Dixon's Nightwing had:
Dick comes to Bludhaven
Dick crosses Blockbuster
Dick tends a bar
Dick becomes a cop
Dick finally fucks Barbara
Dick fights a guy with neck issues
Dick fights a gay cowboy
Dick fights a bondage queen with a knife fetish
Dick fights a shitty ninja
Dick fights copyright infringement
Dick fights a giant gorilla
Dick fights...fabric?

Where is the movie?

Nobody likes Bludhaven.

Why can't literally any of those work?

>Why can't literally any of those work?
Torque? Stallion? Nite-Wing? Fucking Sylph?
It's already a DCEU movie, they deserve better than this.

It's probably going to be about not-Gotham and not-Kingpin. It's sadly what Nightwing is most known for. I'd rather they change it into a Titans movie instead.

The point of this kind of movie is that you carry it with the character. The idea of a career superhero like Dick who has basically just done this all his life is the hook. The villain is just there as something to fight against. It's not like we're talking about a TV season where you need to have a plot long enough for 15+ episodes. We;re talking about 2 fucking hours. Does not have to be a big deal.

Something that is an amalgam of Chuck Dixon stories with the tone and comedy of the Lego Movie.

This is why I like the Blackgate idea. It puts Dick all alone, which is good for a debut. He'd be working his way through a bunch of second tier Bat-villains instead of the Arkham regulars. There's a BUNCH of villains to showcase and the escape theme means you don't need to focus on any real character development for them. It puts all the focus on Dick and whoever he has in over his earpiece (Babs, Alfred, Bruce, etc.).

Plus, it keeps him in Gotham for this first movie.

>tone and comedy of the Lego Movie
What the fuck

You know the one major thing missing from all action movies these days guys? …Full penetration. Guys, we’re gonna show full penetration and we’re gonna show a lot of it! I mean, we’re talking, you know, graphic scenes of Dick really going to town on Oracle. From behind, 69, anal, vaginal, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, all the hits, all the big ones, all the good ones. Then he smells crime again. He’s out busting heads. Then he’s back to the lab for some more full penetration. Smells crime, back to the lab, full penetration. Crime, penetration, crime, full penetration, crime, Midnighter comes onto the scene and there's more penetration. And this goes on and on, and back and forth, for 90 or so minutes until the movie just, sort of, ends.

It will depend on what they want to do with the character. Is the movie there to help expand the Batman universe in the movies or do they want to use it to possibly set up Titans.

I think it would have to be set in Bludhaven with Dick as a cop/detective there in his late 20s or early 30s. And you'd probably have to make Blockbuster as the big bad. That is the simplest thing. To help make it different from Daredevil and Kingpin I think you would need to add in some more fantasy/sci fi elements, like Titans things.

So I'd have Blockbuster be a underworld crime lord who is on the rise in Bludhaven while there are mysterious murders and robberies going on. He somehow has Raven under his control and is using her power to kill his competition and steal what he wants. The movie centers around Dick trying to uncover the mystery of the murders and robberies and then trying to save Raven and defeat Blockbuster. Maybe have Blockbuster ingest some of Raven's blood which turns him into the big monster you normally see him as. That is a pretty simple movie and you set up a lot with it without having to rely too much on Batman. Maybe have Babs as Oracle or Batgirl help.

Also he should run around on all fours like a hound

Hopefully Batman isn't in it. He was the worst thing to ever happen to Nightwing.

>set in Bludhaven with Dick as a cop/detective
Stop.

Given Batman's age I don't think they are going to cast someone that young for Nightwing. So you would need him to have some kind of day job. He will probably be too old to be a college student.

Dick's best villain is Deathstroke, but they are using him for the Batman movie. So you are kind of shit out of luck with him being in a solo Nightwing movie.

Well, assuming Deathstroke is only a secondary villain in the Batman (which hopefully he is), Nightwing can be a supporting character as well which would set the stage for the Nightwing movie with the two of them.

>New era of Dickstroke art ushered in
>With Deathstroke styled after Joe Manganiello

Affleck is 44 fucking years old, over a decade older than both Superman and Wonder Woman, and almost 20 years older than Harley Quinn. I bet you even Catwoman in the GCS movie will be in her 20's.

Old-ass Batman, young everyone else is the route they've seemed to have already taken.

By young I meant someone like 20 years old. The guy they cast will be close to 30 I'm betting.

oh lord the Nightwing movie is gonna be fucking Judas Contract isn't it

He's been a member of the idle rich, a barback, a cop, a mob enforcer, a fashion model, a gym instructor, a museum curator, a guy with some ill-defined executive role at Wayne Enterprises, a small business owner, a secret agent, a social worker, and probably one or two things I've missed.

The cop angle is best left in the 90's where it belongs. Dick is the son of a billionaire. He doesn't need to have a job.

Unlikely. Otherwise why not just do a Titans movie? They're more over than Nightwing is with the normies.

Well, the whole thing in the 90's series was he wanted to prove to Bruce he could make it entirely on his own.

Judas Contract doesn't work as a Nightwing movie .It could work as a second or third Titans movie.

He and Bruce will be on the outs with each other. I doubt that he will be asking him for money. Dick's never liked doing that even in the comics when they aren't fighting.

>Well, the whole thing in the 90's series was he wanted to prove to Bruce he could make it entirely on his own, ignoring how he'd been on his own since leaving the cave in the 70's, and going completely solo in the 80's.

fixed

A Nightwing movie could work as a buddy cop movie with him and Starfire.Dick meets her in Bludhaven thinking she's a meta human,they become crime fighting partners and maybe they foil an alien invasion led by Blackfire.

I bet money now Dick's dayjob will be a dj

Terrible. Next!

Wouldn't dance be more his thing than music?

Actually that's it, Magic Mike 3.

Hire a sexy piece of blonde jailbait as Terra and I'm in.

>club dj
>dayjob

>Dick's fallen on hard times since Bruce isn't his benefactor anymore
>He has turned to stripping in Bludhaven
>His ass is famous
>His costume comes from a striptease he does

This seems like a really bad idea.

Him bringing Bruce in to face justice for all his murders.

Based Middy movie when?

>it's a Dick cries about Bruce being mean episode

no thanks

The Hunt for Oracle - This could actually work. Dick gets beat to hell and back in the first act while undercover at Blackgate, gets out, then has to help Babs defend the clocktower from a 'The Raid' style invasion? I'd watch the fuck out of that.

No joke I'd watch the shit out of that, make it so Dick never was "Robin" or he trained for years but never went out into the field so he was stuck on the computer the whole time by the time he was 18 and was gonna go out he and Bruce had a falling out(Bruce started the fight on purpose to protect him) so Dick went to college, was recruited into Spyral and the movie picks up with him undercover at Blackgate. Think John Wick only with tights and an actual charismatic lead.

Fucking based Midnighter. I got the perfect motherfucker to play him too, Jon Hamm.

>being mean ≠ completely betraying your core principles and beliefs
wew

It's being made from the Director of Lego Batman who also worked on the Lego Movie.

I'd bet money it's like those movies

Deathstoke is the Bad a guy of The Batman movie written by Geoff Johns.

Should swap things around. Make Slade the Nightwing villain and use another one for The Batman like Red Hood, Black Mask, or Riddler.

Those were comedy movies for children and families.

Honestly a comedic movie might be the best thing for the DCEU.Not everything has to be a comedy but I feel like the DCEU has gone to far in the opposite direction.

>Rumours fly about Affleck leaving the DCEU
>He's killed off in The Batman
>Nightwing takes the mantle in the sequel
>This scene happens at the end
>It was all a ruse
Based Zack would be cemented as a cinematic genius

You're hired.

Deathstroke is A badguy in the Batman movie. Unless they want to go into his family history he's just going to be the side-villain.

I feel like they could get a lot of millage with the whole cop aspect

A superhero vigilante who's a cop by day and a vigilante by night to do all the things he can't legally do as a policeman sets itself up well for a good premise

Although they'll have difficulty in explaining how he manages to avoid shooting anyone as a cop if they keep his no-kill rule

>44

There is no way for Affleck to stay at least 10 years on this universe, like the rest of the Avengers/xmen cast have been doing.

>DickBats (Batman Reborn, Black Mirror) - Requires Batman to be dead. And then it's not a Nightwing movie. Save it for when Affleck wants out.
Never going to happen, retard.

...Why is WB doing a Nightwing movie at all if Robin hasn't been a part of their cinematic universe yet? In a vacuum the hero is way too similar to Batman and all of his gravitas to an audience comes from him formerly being Robin and finally growing up.

Dick was a cop for ~7 years out of a 75 year history. This is his live-action debut and first solo movie. What they do here will define public perception of the character for a generation. Why use something that's never going to come back?

>moviegoing audience doesn't read the comics
>moviegoing audience won't read the comics after seeing the film
>moviegoing audience knows nothing about Nightwing, SOME might know he's Dick Grayson, former Robin

If you make movie Dick a cop, he's a cop, and there are zero repercussions for doing so. Least of all because it was a small aspect of his comic history. There's zero problems if the movie Nightwing's public perception doesn't match his comic portrayal.

>Never going to happen, retard.
If Affleck decides to fuck off once his contract expires which seems highly likely they have two choices.
1, Recast. Difficult when your trying to build a cinematic universe
2. Have a different character play Batman and hope audiences are paying to see "Batman" rather than "Bruce Wayne".

>There's zero problems if [hero name]'s public perception doesn't match his comic portrayal.
Found the Warner exec.

>the public doesn't read comic books
>outside of Batman and Superman, the public has little to no knowledge of the other characters and doesn't have strong preconceptions the movie depictions need to play into

How am I wrong.

Just go the John Wick/Dredd/Raid route and have Nightwing fight for 90 minutes against some asshole and their minions.

There is no "2 choices." There's one. They will just recast Batman.

Robert Downey Jr. is 51 years old.

>which seems highly likely
A random clickbait rumor does not make that likely.

Somehow you believe that because if the masses dont know the details of the source material, that makes said source material immaterial to the production of an adaption of said source material.

Thats just plain dumb.

I was a Dick at Pensacon last week.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Fun Fact: the opening of the night wing movie will be Lego
Camera pulls out showing Dick playing with the lego set in his apartment.

He fights Clayface who will be actual stop motion animation. (he is using his shapeshifting powers to look like several powerful politicians and mob bosses)

movie ends with Nightwing becoming friends with Cyborg and Beast Boy (who is working as an actor at the time)

SCREEN CAP THIS MY DAD WORKS AT WB

There are a surprising lack of good nightwing cosplayers in the community. On second thought there is alot of DC characters that arent bats, sups, and harleyqs, that appear to be lacking a significant cosplay presence at conventions in general.

It's also blatantly true.

More movies should do this, it's the only goddamn reason to watch one.

Dick is a fantastic character. But doing Nightwing this early over all the other DC heroes is stupid as fuck.

Marvel would have introduced Dick in phase 1 as a side character at the earliest, as Robin in phase 2. And not have a Nightwing solo until at least phase 4 so the audience could get to know him as they successfully have with Bucky.

Christ WB are fuck ups. Rushing into a Nightwing movie is clearly because some dumbass coked up WB execs saw Marvel doing well with Bucky as Winter Soldier and wanted the same thing.

Lego Batman already introduced Robin

It's in the DCEU.

The movie's plot will be shaped by the combination of characters in potential storylines, not just Nightwing's.

True. And did a better job at being a Batman and DC movie than anything current WB execs could ever make. However at the end of the day despite how great it is, it's an out of continuity kids movie in its own universe.

And regardless one movie isn't enough to make audiences care about Dick in the same way they now care about Bucky as a Cap character. WB is a master class is corporate fail. There will be business school case studies on it in a few years.

the Lego Movie takes place in NightWing's Apartment. He has a small Lego version of gotham set up
the entire Lego Batman movie was Dick remembering his early years as Robin

DEEPEST LORE

>people care about bucky

stop

He's super popular with fangirls.

And RDJ doesn't do any action scenes anymore, the nature of his costume permits him to just do the voice acting while he's Iron Man. When he's Tony Stark he only acts without having to do intense physical work (compared to say, Cap or Thor).

You can't really do that with Batman. Batman is pretty much the equivalent of the Cap role, Affleck needs to be in great shape all the time and he also needs to be able to do some action scenes. That will get increasingly harder for him as time goes by, he's not a young man like Evans or Hemsworth anymore.

Maybe
Probably just the fact that I didn't like him in the comics when they brought him back

He was alright in First Avenger

The opening of NightWing is Lego Robin origin and how he stopped being Robin and became Night wing
Camera slowly pulls out to see human Dick Grayson playing with his Lego Set

THIS: >Just set it in a different city

OR THIS: >meta human teenagers started coming out of the woodwork

And most important THIS: >Not everything has to be 100% based on a prior existing story

>Bruce Wayne

They already showed with the set of movies that started with Tim Burton's that they can re-cast BW very easily and that audiences don't really have a problem with that.

With Batfleck, they've shown that they can recast BW even though there was a very popular BW (Bale) just a few years ago in a multi-billion dollar trilogy. WB had far less problems doing this than Sony has/will have, even with Holland being 'part' of the MCU.

Plus which folks don't really care about BW and are probably tired of the secret identities. Going forward, Clark won't really have a civilian identity, Diana apparently doesn't really have one and doesn't need, ditto Arthur. Cyborg really can't have one, so who the fuck cares about Bruce Wayne - canon BW sure doesn't.

>Dick's barely had any noteworthy stories.
isn't this the norm?