Will we ever see him in the MCU again?

If Weaving doesn't want to do it they could recast.

Likely one of the only MCU villains I've actually liked thus far.

They'll bring him back when Bucky takes over as Cap.

Screencap this.

They have their movies for the next 4 years or so planned out and Red Skull doesn't seem like he would fit in to any of those movies. So unless there's some kind of crazy Cap/Hydra movie that gets announced or something, I don't think we will see this guy

I'm genuinely shocked at how long the Red Skull has been gone. I'm wondering how the hell he will be able to be a threat cause he's been away from Earth since WWII, with no tech on possibly an alien planet.

>I'm wondering how the hell he will be able to be a threat

Probably by never coming back again unless they reboot the entire franchise.

Why they didn't introduce Dell Rusk in Civil War again?
Seriously, it could have been a good way to tie it with the first movie and to end the trilogy rather than ruin Baron Fucking Zemo.

>no thunderbolts with him, abomination, detroit steel and whoever else is still alive

This should have been Robert Redford's character in Winter Soldier. They set themselves up perfectly for it and since it was SHIELD IS HYDRA why not have the person running Shield/HYDRA actually be Red Skull in disguise? That would of been so amazing but they didn't do it.

It would've been a convincing twist too thanks to the need to recast.

I thought that it might be neat if a future Avengers film is just a Hydra blowout. Red Skull back, gets all the leftover villains like Abomination and shit and just lets loose. Would be cool to see Spider-Man fight villains who aren't his own.

>they could recast.

>only MCU villains I've actually liked

It's Weaving being awesome. You don't want a recast or you won't like him.

They don't want to reuse villains all the time because they think audiences don't like that which is why they're all killed except for Loki.
Zemo being captured was a nice change of pace but I think they think it just seems like lazy writing to reuse the same bad guy over and over. What works for comics doesn't work for movies all the time.

>If Weaving doesn't want to do it they could recast.

Doesn't matter. Marvel's well within their rights to force him back. They could recast, but there's no point as Weaving's contractually obliged to return should they choose to reuse the character.

Weaving has warmed somewhat lately. Less painful make-up and some more shade to the character could draw him back.

I'm glad they didn't. seems kinda hackish to do that.

Make it so that the red skull persona is alive but has become a separate consciousness instead, a good way to introduce him back was with Crossbones;

>Crossbones is taken by Hydra after TWS
>Crossbones wakes up fully healed
>doctors reveals that he was injected with the super serum
>he hears a man with a german accent in his head
>he realizes that Red Skull is now in his head

the tesseract will show up again, and they were last seen together so we might at least find out something more about his fate.

yeah it did, in avengers user

What? We've seen the tesseract multiple times since. It fell out of the ship after Red Skull ported away

If there's any justice in the world the first scene in Infinity War would be him leading an army of aliens all dressed as Nazis as they storm Asgard and take the mind gem

this.

Tesseract will be a trojan Horse and Red Skull will lead the ambush

I still want my Masters of Evil movie. Who'd you want to see return?

Ronan will come back for 1 scene where Thanos brings him back from the dead and kills him on the spot to fullfill his promise

AND THEN RONAN LEARNS THE LESSON OF LOVE FROM CRYSTAL AND THEY LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER PLEASE

they could just use some CGI stuff to make him Red Skull instead of putting on make up.

Red Skull has been the only memorable Baddie besides Loki in the last 4000000000 marvel movies (by disney)

Maybe Thanos can bring him back

>they could just use some CGI stuff to make him Red Skull instead of putting on make up.

Weaving's face as the Red Skull was a mix of makeup prosthetics and cg. It's how they got rid of his nose, eyelashes, ears and made his cheeks and eyes look way more sunk in.

>If Weaving doesn't want to do it they could recast.
>Recast
>Fucking agent smith

He's under so many levels of makeup, would it really matter?
I agree and get that. But the way you do it is that you don't let the reoccurring villain be the only villain in play. An Avengers 5 where the new team must assemble to top the newly formed Hydra could work.

I read an interview with Hugo Weaving and he stated he is interested in reprising his role as Red Skull.

The only thing he disliked about that film was the hours sitting in a chair while the production team applied the prosthetics.

Again, the only aspect of the film that Weaving hated was sitting for hours as the makeup team applied the extensive facial prosthetics.

He liked playing the Red Skull, and is open to reprising his role. Weaving just really hated the hours sitting in a chair while they put his face on.

That's what I expected

He could be in Infinity War.

Cap's got plenty of other villains I'd rather see first.

Personally I'd REALLY like a Flag Smasher movie.

Weaving recently said his contract was a standard multi-picture deal so he supposed they could 'force him' into another picture but he also said they could easily 'recast' him. If the picture called for RD to entire be red-faced, he's probably right, but his name would probably mean something on the title cards and posters. They would need a comparable replacement and that might cost Marvel more than they want to.

Anthony Hopkins also said that he expected he was done with Thor and he's in Ragnarök - most actors aren't going to want to piss off Disney. If the MCU folks decide they need Weaving, I'm guessing he'll appear. Since Red Skull is pretty important to the Marvel Comics and to Captain America, it makes sense, that after Infinity Wars, they do one of the story adaptations that RS was sent to another dimension or somewhere else in space by the Cosmic Cube and is not dead as most people assumed after TFA for THIS: