The Venture Brothers

The Monarch is a super scary villain.

He can be when he's not being a total ham.

He's scary even as a ham if you're henching for him.

How well would the Monarch scale as a supervillain in one of Marvel's or DC's more popular universes? He'd be an interesting one-off for Spiderman or Batman, maybe.

Could Batman beat Brock Samson?

Judge Dredd beats Batman so can Brock Samson.

Could he? Definitely. Almost any Batman incarnation, written seriously, would have a better chance against Brock than most of what we've seen Brock fight.

Would he? Maybe. Maybe not.

Brock is deadly because he doesn't dilly dolly. He doesn't monologue about how great he is. He doesn't talk about his master plan before killing someone. He probably won't want to kill Batman, but he'll win.

He's scary because his mere presence is almost guaranteed a death somewhere. Whether a henchman, random civilian, taxi driver, some person eating a fucking hamburger at the mall.

The one thing that makes this discussion a moot point is that Brock's just too damn sensible/genre savvy to get drawn into a hero v hero fight

Brock and Bats would knock each other around a bit and then Brock would see no lethal tools in the utility belt and call bullshit on the whole shebang. A quick "Look buddy" plus a few sentences of explanation and we've got a teamup.

I think Batman would fight in a way that would frustrate the shit out of Brock and cause him to get furious, fumble more and more, and eventually tire himself out and probably decide it's not worth it by the end.

I want....dear god I want a crossover. And I want it now. I would read/watch/buy buy BUY the fuck out of this.

He's certainly the most toxic. I half-expect Sheila to leave him next season for real this time.

Good she can get a better supervillain name. Dr. Mrs. keeps triggering my brain problems somethin' awful. At least call her Madam Monarch or Madam Butterfly or the Nymph or Psyke or something.

It took like 100 tranquilizers to get him down when he was pissed off, so that probably wouldn't work.

The fluttering horde is terrifying. An army of fanatical, suicidal lunatics who just show up at random from a freaking 200+ foot tall silently hovering steal cocoon out of nowhere? The butterfly suits are the worse, you would expect a scary outfit but no, you get creepy butterfly guys just charging in out of the blue.

And you know that np matter how goofy they look these guys are actually pretty badass, they defeated the GCI's elite at cremation creek and fought the OSI to a standstill by swarming dudes in bulletproof powersuits with freaking DARTGUNS.

Ya know, it's not as if Brock has never had trouble with anything. You must think Batman is some very, very weak shit if you can't imagine any scenario where Brock wouldn't end him easily.

A delta force guy in a powersuit can fight him to a standstill and fat comic book nerd with a gym membership can stand up to him, brock isn't particularly tough by comic book standards.

Just finished marathoning season 6 for the first time, loved it, but damn that was short, it almost felt like they wanted the season finale to be a mid-season finale with all the plot points that were brought up, but not finished
>brocks relationship with wonder-woman-esc woman happens a few times, but is barely brought up
>upcoming convention where rusty is gonna show god gas is mentioned in a few episodes, but nothing comes of it
>Monarch being blue morpho to take out major villains in his way, yet only gets to the SECOND highest person, that didn't even feel like an ending, it felt like we left him just before the climax of him being blue morpho
>hank finally has a good relationship, but it ends just as they start to form a bond
It wasn't just that so much felt like it hadn't ended, it felt like we were building up to a climax that never happened, or at least one that is still building.

If you read a few creator interviews this was exactly the case. They didn't know that the gargantua-2 special counted towards their overall episode count so season 7 premier will technically close out season 6 most likely with another hour long episode. S7 will open up a bevy of new cryptic shit if the s7 teaser is any indication.

But could you imagine if it didn't get renewed and S6 was just the end of it all? What a shit ending it would have been.

the world needs more butterfly themed villains

between this, the Monarch and Buffalo Bill I count 3

i'm so gay for dr. girlfriend

Probably not if he engages in close range.

I could totally see that.

That would ruin it.

Those were henchmen Tranqs so they were probably a low dosage. Cocktease only needed 2 Tranqs for Brock.

I have a hard time not reading Dr. Light with The Monarch's voice......so...he'd fall somewhere between insane rapist JLA villain and "kind of a joke," which is exactly perfect for the Monarch.

So, Suicide Squad-tier in DC.

>Marvel
He'd be a GREAT Moon Knight villain. Monarch would be the more normal of the two. He stalks and fucks with Spector just because he thinks it's funny to mess with a mentally ill superhero.