How come Brits make so much better spy movies than Yanks?

How come Brits make so much better spy movies than Yanks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m277EqAePyk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cmon man whats the fucking point of this thread

we have an entire board for international banter why are you bringing this shit here

>tfw my friend fell asleep during this movie but afterwards said he liked it

Because it would get Amerimutted to oblivion

because back in the day brits could into subtlety
mericans think a subtle spy movie is something like Bourne or Mission Impossible

Even unconscious he's a patrician.

because they are all 1/16 German over there

Because they have a small penis

This movie fucking sucked.

I love this yankee meme I need more of them as well as the one of the american claiming to be white

this entire site fell so hard when Sup Forums got big, endless streams of unfunny, lower iq white guys who feel included because muh nationalism

>watch atomic blonde
>brits and ruskies getting utterly btfo by an American female

Atomic Blonde is basically TTSS done horribly wrong.

>back in the day
>Movie from 2011

I agree
then r the donald became a thing
and pol is more reddit than reddit know
remember its pol who gave attention to sargon and all those e celebs and patreon whores

You know why? Mods allowed it to happen and thought it was just be a phase.
It's taken over the whole site and people have left in droves because of it.
Sup Forums is responsible for the death of Sup Forums

Reeeeeeeeeeeee Sup Forums reeeeeeeeeee. You cowardly leftist fuck. You ever noticed how these Sup Forums kiddies are the only ones keeping the pure Chan spirit alive over on infinity chan? This place got ruined by normies like you who bent over when m00t defected during Gg

Go make a safe space Chan and watch as bought but the most faggoty specimens turn up

this.

Reeeeeeeeeeeee Sup Forums reeeeeeeeeee. You cowardly leftist fuck. You ever noticed how these Sup Forums kiddies are the only ones keeping the pure Chan spirit alive over on infinity chan? This place got ruined by normies like you who bent over when m00t defected during Gg

Go make a safe space Chan and watch as bought but the most faggoty specimens turn up

Like Sup Forums didn't die when they started enforcing the rules. NEWFAGGOT ALERT. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

At least learn our history first you turbochump.

kek. Seems like he struck a nerve

>Sup Forums is e-evil!
>its k-killing the site!

absolutely pathetic. you don't even know how to post an image that's not a thumbnail and you're complaining about Sup Forums who are some of the most stalwart posters on the site.

daily reminder that if you are seriously bothered by Sup Forums you are fucking cancer and need to be purged

>all that damage control over a simple post

gb2pol reddit

Honestly trying to ascribe a personality by force to an anonymous message board post is all the proof I need that you're a faggoty leftist. You don't try to be strong, you try to make me seem as weak as you.

Try again..... Tearing your faggoty ass to shreds in a post fight will be fun.

>Brits

It was directed by a Swede
>inb4 memes
Come on guys, let us be proud of at least this

>this

>spacing

>is

>normal

>Sup Forums

>is

>fine

>look

>at

>my

>spacing

>i

>demand

>space

>le 56%

Sup Forums is on track to become the most popular board on Sup Forums.

It is the biggest driver in growth on the site as a whole.

All these anti pol tourists pretending to be the voice of Sup Forums. Some of us were actually in a Habbo Swastika. You just completely fundamentally misunderstand this place.

Sup Forums is garbage though. Back in the day Sup Forums types were kindly redirected to stormfront, but they came back through the ironic racism window and now we're stuck with them.

>claims to be pure chan
>unironically uses "normie"

keke

>chan is hivemind
this has never been true, faget

you can make literally shit and then put gary oldman on it and BAM it's watchable, even good sometimes. It's the Oldman Effect.

Pic related.

>Tomas Alfredson
>brit

is everyone fucking retarded here?

>ack in the day Sup Forums types were kindly redirected to stormfront, but they came back through the ironic racism window

confirmed for just arrived from reddit 2 weeks ago, kill yourself faggot.

>Sup Forums
>dying

helloooo neogaf

>adaptation of a book from '74
durr

No you.

you really need to ask?

Because they've been in the game of statecraft, political maneuvering and doing sneaky shit for far longer than the United States.

>being this ass blasted over the bants
kek you gotta go back

Came to post this

Afredson is the best director of this century. He should at least be recognised for the cuck swede he is .

chill out dude

Because oldfags remain frozen precisely as they where in the first days of Channing and never adopt or drop words amirite?

Get the fuck of this board, get the fuck of the internet, and shuffle off this mortal coil, you turbo double nigger.

>best director of this century
>the snowman

I'm sure you're right

>being this rustled

Either of you faggots the original dude? Why do your replies take so long?

Its faggots like you on the left the explain why communist armies always need units to kill deserters. Men on the left are a joke.

I didn't understand this film, it was frustrating.

nigga he was fucking set up in the snowman

Production had already began when he started directing and all he could do at that point was salvage the scraps of the film that he could under the insane time constraints he was under. 20% of the film wasnt even fucking filmed dude.

you're a pleb then.

TTSS is the ultimate pleb litmus test. It only asks for you to pay attention and try and follow whats happening.

Subtlety, nuance, and the willingness to make something many people would find boring.

>>amerigoblins

>Being this much of a snarky nu-male. There was a good post once about how to spot women and faggots by their posting style and habits. One of the most obvious feminine argument tactics is to ridicule any passion shown, because women and nu males are incapable of understanding it, and thus automatically assume its negative.

Get your T checked you wheedling soyboybitch. You're at buzzfeed levels.

>anglos

O B S E S S E D

I saw it in the UK months before it was released in the US and I remember thinking "Americans are going to hate this". I fucking loved it.

Unironically fucking kill yourself. It's genuinely amazing that people can't tell the difference between racism as edgy fun and racism as "dae hate niggers".

You should all watch the series. It's better.

>I'M A REAL MAN. I'M RAGING RIGHT NOW. RAAAAARGH

keke

>t. 1/64 anglo ameri"white"

I like how every post you've assumed im some left wing activist/ communist yet you talk about not trying to force an image on anonymous posters. You're a hypocrite and a fucking retard, but stay butt blasted anyway

Movie put me to sleep three different times before I made it all the way through. It’s got a weird tryptophan quality about it.

>growth is good

Sup Forumstards really have no idea how much they've killed this site, do they?

>fell asleep during complicated movie
>googles "complicated word for sleepy" to sound smarter

the word you're looking for is "soporific"

This isn't one of your sissy soirees girls (male) There's no crowd of likeminded wetbags to hype your weak attempts to change this board to a safe space for you.

I don't need to force an identity on your posts because you yourselves imbued them with faggotry writ large the moment you conceived them. Typing them out only refined it.

By the way dae unironically ironically unironically hate niggers?

you had me at gary oldman

two factors: subtly and cynicism.

British niggas do drive bys on horseback.

Yep. It was a containment board that contained nothing. And allowed things to fester beyond control.

And the worst thing about it is, pol is just fucking bland contrarianism. Its not even mildly interesting, just boring.

They're not taking about the number of users, he's taking about the quality of discussion. You fucking shithead.

Whatever you leaning faggot. I’ll stick to my turkey word.

How likely will we see an honourable schoolboy sequel? I'd love to see Graham play westerby again

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy was written by an ex-spy and James Bond was written by an ex-intelligence officer

I'd really love to see it but I think it won't happen after The Snowman. There were some murmurs about it back shortly after TTSS got released, I think alfredson was keen on the idea but idk.

oops looks like i'm wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=m277EqAePyk

so they're gonna do what the series did and jump past honourable schoolboy. then again it might never happen, I assume getting it greenlit must be kinda difficult.

In the mean time if you haven't already, watch the series. it's possibly even better.

When last interviewed they said they would combine bits of THS with SP.
Which sort of makes sense, THS is a great story but a problem as a sequel as Smiley and Guillam don't really show until relatively late.
For readers its less of a problem, they are used to Smiley moving from foreground to background by that point.

I'd really like a close adaptation of The Looking Glass War, there was a film but in the late 60s but it somewhat missed the point.

I recommend A Perfect Spy (BBC, 1987) if anyone hasn't seen it. Barely see it mentioned anywhere but its great.

because he's OBSESSED

yeah now that you mention it I remember something about combining THS & SP. Could be fun.

Thing is, I'm just not really on board without alfredson. I strongly believe that under a different director TTSS would probably have been a disaster. I'll still see it if it's not him, but i won't be hyped.

Thanks for the recommendation, I didn't even know they adapted perfect spy. I read the book like ten years back and it was great. Have you seen Spy who Came in from the Cold (the 1965 one) ? it's worth a watch if you're cool with b&w.

Imagine typing this

>this post

Name a better spy kino than this. You can't.

It's much more difficult to make into a movie, doesn't have a strong central narrative like tinker tailor, all I remember is much of it takes place in HK

First time I hear of it.

I was just about to watch pic related. Anyone watched it?
It's about Robert Hanssen the former FBI agent turned Russian spy for 20+ years.

>2050
LMAO

good taste user. my favorite spy film too

ITS FANTASTIC

CHRIS COOPER PUTS ON A BEADY EYE CLINIC

YOU WILL NOT SEE BEADIER EYES IN ANY OTHER SPY FLICK
ETERNAL ANGLOS ON SUICIDE WATCH

There is a reason of course.

They're slimier and more effeminate. Their culture is based on lying and backstabbing ("politeness"). Every word that comes out of their mouths is insincere, which is why they place so much value on sarcasm and social niceties

>retards like op prefer capeshit garbage like bondshit or kingsman over subtle American tales of spycraft such as The Good Shepherd or Three Days of Condor
i guess mindless chases fights and explosions is all the two digit iq inbred brit brain can understand

How is this film? I've always wanted to see it.

Imagine my suprise when the greatest traitors in port war British History turns out to be a coven of subversive university educated faggots.

Nothing ever fuckin changes.....

Its a curse of the English language I think. We find Americans creepy in a Tom cruise nice but empty behind the eyes kind of way. I mean no ones fuckin buying the sham that their cashier/shopassistant/waiter is JUST. THAT. HAPPY. to serve us on minimum wage. Hell the psychotically insincere joy your wage cucks are forced to display really stands out in American owned business abroad. To the point some people are so creeped out they stop using them. Apple is one of the worst culprits.

its good

they gave caroline dhavernas a giant rack for some reason

the director was a fucking SWED

It's great. Slow moving but a very rewarding story.

MATT DAMON THROWS RACEMIXERS FROM AIRPLANES

THE KREMLIN LETTER IS AMAZING, EVEN GOT ORSON WELLES, VON SYDOW IS ALSO IN 3 DAYS OF THE CONDOR

70S BEST SPY ERA CUS THE MOVIES WERE REALLY MADE IN THE ATMOSPHERE OF THE COLD WAR, SHAME COULDN'T WATCH THEM THEN TOO FOR THE PUREST EXPERIENCE