Gonna start this series soon

Gonna start this series soon.

Anything I should be aware of?

My Cock'o Chanel in your mommy's Va-jay-jay.

You're going to want subtitles

Omar Comin'

Fight through the first two seasons. In retrospect they will be the best, but not at first. 2nd season will become a goldmine for you to revisit since you will want to flesh out the universe, bhr at first, youll find it a borefest and zigg will make u want to kill urself

Fight through it. Its obviously the best show of all time, and makes other shows feel childish

Stick with season 2.

Is the version on HBO Go the HD 16x9 version?

Season 1 doesn't pick up until the last few episodes but everything before is crucial.
Season 2 is tough to adjust to but once it gets going, you'll love it.
Season 3 and 4 are great.
Season 5 you can skip through the news room scenes, they're boring as shit. Honestly you could probably just watch the finale and grasp the whole season.

It took me until season 1 episode 9 (or maybe 10? I don't remember) to get into it. I thought it was really fucking boring up until then. Then everything starts to come together. I absolutely adored seasons 2 and onward.

>Season 2 is tough to adjust to but once it gets going, you'll love it.

This. Youll start it and be all WHERE MA CORNERS AT WHERE MA WEEBAY WHAT IS THIS DOCKS SHIT REEEEE but its the best season, youll appreciate it at the end and even more on rewatch

Honestly this. It might be because I'm not from the United States nor am I black but I had a pretty high degree of difficultly literally understanding the words that many of the characters were speaking and using subtitles helped from time to time.

This is kind of a problem because nothing - I mean NOTHING - is ever repeated or rehashed within this show. If you miss it the first time, chances are something will happen a couple episodes down the line that you just won't understand.

>he doesnt speak perfect street slang after the first season

More like youre going to need flash cards with character names and what they do, everyone looks the same for the first 10 episodes

Patrician coming through
5 > 3 > 4 > 2 > 1

fuck fuck fuck fuck mothherfucker, motherfucking fucker, fucking fuck fuck fuck fuck fucking fuck, fuck, motherfucker

cherish that outro music every single time

this

well, for the first season anyway. the other ones aren't as detailed

Official opening theme ranking:

2>3>5>>

You should be aware of everything you're gonna watch after it is going to look like complete and utter garbage compared to it, even Sopranos and Rome
kek'd

it's really slow but its worth it

It's actually quite hard to get into at first. There's a lot going on, it doesn't follow conventional story structure and it doesn't hold your hand. You'll probably have to force yourself to watch, and pay attention to, at least the first half of the first season. It's also too rich and intense to binge, you'll be burned out after just couple of back-to-back episodes.

But when it clicks, it really clicks, suddenly you see what all the fuss is about and nothing is ever the same again.

Two of the things that threw me off about this show when I first started watching it were that (1) over 75% of the dialogue is straight exposition; and (2) most of the scenes are less than 5 minutes in length.

The show is constantly cutting between different viewpoints - it's tough to grasp at first and it feels frustrating because you never really get to spend a lot of time with each character. On aggregate by the end of each season you feel like you really know them but it's tough to learn who everyone is at first

I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an incredible metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with such masterful symbolism? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

It's very strict on police police and court procedure, so some people get turned off by how slow that gets. If you pay attention you can learn a lot about that stuff.

The Sopranos is better :^)

Amerifag here, it's not you. We joke around that they speak ebonics because nobody knows what the fuck ghetto black people are saying 90% of the time.

If you are a Sup Forumstard this show will hurt your feelings
I warned you

>Anything I should be aware of?

when you walk through the garden you gotta watch your back

This.
Watch the show and try to be unbiased as possible. Season 2 is a DRAG but becomes the best season the second time around. Look for heavy symbolism, some easy to get eg. the chess game. and some not

i kek everitym

>but its the best season
Best opening theme, too

wrong

>Oh wow, someone actually giving good advi-
>Season 2 is the best season

its wayy better the second time, went from a 7/10 to 10/10 for me
and this too

Reminder that David Simon sold out.

how so?

For years he ranted about how Hollywood gave way too much attention to New York (I think he once calculated that there were more NY murders shown on TV than actually occurred in the city) while giving the short thrift to smaller cities that could tell their own interesting stories. And for a while he practiced what he preached, going from writing about Baltimore to writing about New Orleans. But alas, the New York lure was too strong even for him.

>caring about different cities
please, it was a gay stance to begin with. good for him for abandoning it.

A soon as the mayor storyline starts, drop it.

watching season 5 of The Wire, not once, but twice.
>ISHYGDDT

Season 5 is trash

do democrats really run their cities like this?

yes

watch in this order: S1, S4, S3, S5, S2
thank me later

what is even your justification for this? the timeline of the show isnt that malleable, things reference and play off of events in the previous seasons. i'm genuinely curious why you would even think watching them in that order is good.

if i explain too much it spoils the series, but
basically you moused over this and so i got you, i got you so good you fucking retard, lol i said something totally rando and you fucking fell for it, fuck you in your gay little butt you gay shit faggot, you typed out a whole response and then licked your lips and your son's pussy lips waiting for my response so you could tear it apart, but guess what cupcake, guess the fuck what, i'm fucking with you so fucking hard, you thought we were talking about tv but we're talking about how much of a gay retard you are for mousing over this spoilered text lol fuck you, seriously. fuck you.

can you explain it briefly without spoiling? I haven't watched the show

what was the point of this? please read what you typed out aloud to yourself and come back with an answer for me

ok i'll try. whatever you do, don't look at the censored text in my last post or it ruins some of the biggest plot lines. the reason to watch it in that order is that my penis is wedged extremely far up your anus and i'm not sure i can get it out without your 2 gay dads pulling us apart.

thank you. i did it because it made me giggle, and when i heard it out loud i giggled even more. i was set to move on after giggle #1 but your suggestion gave me a second and even bigger giggle. i sincerely mean this: thank you.

so can we talk about the wire already?

season 1 is the best. fact

if you couldnt tell from the wonderful post above this, there's not much reason to talk with this guy. Watch the series in order, the whole show is constantly telling a story, there's no need to view them any other way.

remember this exchange my man, it will be an invaluable asset when you finally mature

Well look at Detroit

>mature
i'm 35 years old buddy, i think this is where my maturity level settled for good.

4 > 3 > 2 > 5 = 1

i sincerely hope that's not the case but you seem pretty adamant so i guess this is your peak. nice one

>Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.
always gets me

but for real, is a good show

i actually have a pretty full life, and i come here to say childish insults and giggle. it's my keyboard tourette's, it's a good way to decompress. seems like a lot of dudes are harassing women and doing other fucked up shit to decompress, so i don't feel too bad about it. maybe i should.

elba's accent was shit but i thought west did pretty good

every time

The already shitty title song gets progressively worse as the series goes on.

Season 2 has a duck and less niggas

EE-YO!

>t. stupid retard who doesn't understand aeshetics
lol

wtf? I'm not even american but I was fluent in that ghetto language by halfway through season 1

Give it a chance, slow burn at first but when you get into it it’s really gonna click, esp around season 4. GOAT show, Sup Forums just dickrides sopranos a lot

sopranos is legit bad. still better than breaking bad tho. wire is fantastic.

sopranos was 10/10 at the time of release

the wire really needs a supercut of just the street stuff. there's a 3 hour cut of just Omar on youtube but if all of the stuff about the cops bureaucracy was cut out the show would be way better.

maybe. it's now 10/10 if the numerator is binary and the denominator hexadecimal. so it could be reduced to 1/8 which is the equivalent form under my opening conditions and if it were purely decimal. a decimal rating out of 10 would be 1.25/10. sorry that may have been more confusing than it had to be.

newsflash: most americans are fucking retards who are barely literate in their own language.

pic related, american mind when seeing intelligent europeans posts on here

wrong