Are the violent high school bullying scenes which you see in most coming of age films and shows actually realistic...

Are the violent high school bullying scenes which you see in most coming of age films and shows actually realistic? The vast majority of high school centered films have these scenes where like some huge jock is slamming some kid into a table while screaming "HEY FAGGOT", but I don't remember anything like that happening when I was in school. The only thing I recall was banter, some verbal harassment towards a few guys and female cyber bullying. Even at the shitty ghetto high school which I used to volunteer at in the South Bronx, there was gang violence, robberies, brawls etc but never anyone just getting attacked for the hell of it. Does this type of thing actually happen in many modern day high schools?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/story/100415104/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sometimes. I'm Mexican and I used to beat up the white kids in my classes. And it wasn't some inner city shithole, it was actually a decent suburban high school in San Diego. Years later and I can't really remember why I did it. Sometimes kids just do shit because they can.

Its probably just a trope by now.

Besides, ST apes a lot of Stephen King and all his bullies are hyper aggressive and always have knives. Stiletto knives and bullies are a trope somewhat in themselves.

My highschool wasnt too bad but I'm a britfag. Fights and character-building bullying yes but nothing even as serious as the accidental fires kids used to set on the school field. Saying that, my best friend told me some Poo freshman at his school had his face kicked in for no reason whatever. Broke the eye socket and his eye came a little out apparently.

canadian highschool - 99% white
in the early years some of the loser drug addict kids would pick on some of the annoying poor nerdfags, mostly just taunting.

in general older kids might push around the younger ones for a laugh but was more because it was funny rather than they had a grudge.

any actual fights there was usually 2 sides to escalating it rather than bashing the nerd.

maybe i saw one fat kid with glasses probably low standing himself picking on a scrawny sikh kid that wears that weird hair bun, but they were younger i didn't know much.

In my school (one of the worst in London) there was plenty of banter and aggression but I don't recall anyone actually being singled out and persistently victimised. The bad kids were mostly out committing actual crimes rather than getting involved in playground politics

You recessive Beaner genes took over. Their dads probably stopped picking your dad at the Home Depot lineup to do the yard work

My dad was a cop.

Were you a bully victim of ?

I went to a school that was only like 30% white but ironically the worst kid there was a white boy named Randell
He went to another kid's house, through a brick through his window, kicked down the front door, then started beating up the dad when he realized the kid wasn't there
Then he got caught smoking weed at school and when they went to arrest him for it he tried to fight the cop so they tazed him

I had a guy pull a knife on me once when I was a kid. I was in sixth grade and I think he like a sophomore in high school at the time. He didn't hold it to my neck or anything, but he held it against us. Then my friend's grandpa came out and lost his shit and chased the kids off. He was a total manlet, but he had like old man compressed manlet strength.

I lived in a total whitebread neighborhood where that kind of shit never happened. Probably went to the same high school as in San Diego.

Bullying definitely vanished for the most part junior/senior year of my high school, but there was a lot of early on. P.E. classes attributed to a lot of that, since you get a mix of nerds and jocks, and the nerds would constantly get shit on for how weak/unathletic they were.

there was some hazing i suppose but mostly was more about the myth of it than actually.
usually it was to kids who wanted to become cool so they hung out with their older brothers or neighbours.
majority was push a penny on the road with their nose kinda thing, maybe they'd get kicked a bit so they scrape their nose up.
maybe once every few years someone gets duct taped to a tree.
Dazed and Confused was super popular in my youth even though it was a 10 year old movie almost, so the threat of paddling was a big joke, but think only one guy might have ever got it because of his 2 older brothers and their friends were always partying at his house.

>tfw always fucked with the beaners
>none of them could speak english so they couldnt tell on me

My friends little brother pulled a lock knife on me one morning because I snuck up behind him and tripped him up. My first reaction was to punch him, which completely took the wind out of his sails and his big sister beat the shit out of him for it. I think he thought I would be terrified, and to be honest afterwards it got in my head a bit thinking about getting stabbed, but when I lashed out he shit himself and I poker faced it.

By no means typical of my high school experience though.

i have seen people brandishing knives or knuckledusters, but this was more the kids who always liked to fight having conflict with similar kids from rival highschool.
never heard of weapons being used on anyone i knew. any stories were always drug debt related

I'm and I also knew guys who carried knives at my school. There was a specific place by the river downtown where they would go to fight with them so they would be outside of school jurisdiction
One of them showed theirs to me and it was some zombie-green half-plastic karambit shit which makes me kek now that I think about it

There were a handful of retards/autismos who everyone else picked on but it was all in good fun, not like an actual conspiracy to make them unhappy

if you live near a city yea

>these two faggots teleport out of nowhere
>other guy just teleports to the other side of the mountain so they can corner Mike and Dustin
really makes you think

Well in my life bullies never used a knife against me but one of them was an edgy fuck that took shurikens and asian daggers or whatever they were to school and threatened me with them. Also threatened me with karate. He used to call me names and punch me. My """"friends"""" thoguht he was cool and funny and liked him because he was edgy (he also claimed he smoked a lot of weed).
Then there were other bullies that didn't beat me up but they would surround me as a gang, hold me and take photos and call me names and shit. I couldn't really do anything because some of them were straight A students and the teachers loved them.
So in my opinion these scenes are farily accurate but what I can't relate to or see happening in real life is a group of kids getting bullied. I think it's more realistic that it's only one kid getting bullied at a time. And let's be honest, bullying is pretty rare. Most people are average normies that go through high school without having to deal with it and just look the other way.

I go to a predominately black school and for the most part everyone was cool in their own little circles with the occasional fights breaking out. Maybe a handful in total throughout the year. I haven't seen bullying since middle school actually. and I only witnessed it towards this one kid.

This kid was like the textbook nerd, good lord that kid had it hard. He was short with wire framed glasses, shitty haircut, boy scout shorts or highwaters, ugly shoes, high ass socks, ugly polos and a really nasally voice. Imagine Gus from Recess, mixed with Steve Urkel, Sheldon, and Minkus and wrap him up in a tiny little white boy nerd body. I don't think he had any friends, and he was kind of an asshole too now that I think back on it. He was smart too. Dude even walked into a pole once after losing his glasses. I think he joined a boxing gym too before he left. At least he made an effort to change.

80s fag here. I remember some dirtbag holding oen one of my friends down like in OPs pic, but with a lit cigarette instead of a knife.
We were unsupervised and we were cunts, so yeah, shit happened.

I brought my dad's pocketknife to school when I was in kindergarten and chased kids around with it on the playground.
The dumb shit i did back then would land me on a fucking Homeland Security watch list these days.

The High School bullying scenes it IT were so exaggerated it annoyed me. Bully's are assholes but literally carving your name into another kid's stomach is going a bit far.

It apes nothing.

On the topic of people mentioning "punch the nerd" there was this one kid from highschool who was like a personification of an /r9k/ user, he wouldn't reallly get picked on but people obviously talked about him. One day out of no where, he just pushed the female PE teacher down a stairwell and bunch of the senior Jocks beat the shit into him pretty badly, PE teacher is miraculously unharmed other than minor cuts and bruises and the guy ended worse than her, he got expelled and last I heard he attends some kinda mental rehab detention center.

We need to bring bulling back because out there is an entire generation of spoiled cunts who think they can do or say anything and there will be no consequences

No I was seen as a bully but I’d always beat up the kids who made fun of me and somehow that got me labeled a bully. I was bigger than a lot of the kids so I played to rough I guess. Elementary school was rough.

Randell is a kino bully or snitch name. What else did his parents expect him to be? Bet all of first grade for him was kids calling him "Raaaaaan-dulllll".

The only thing remotely similar to that scene that happened to me was the time a neighborhood kid tried to blind me. I beat his brother in a fight, and to get revenge, he cornered me and threw some green chemical shit in my eyes. Other than that, I can't really think of bullies I knew doing anything to cause permanent damage to someone, but most of the time bullies don't really get confronted to provoke them like that. The kid in Stranger Things was retaliating for major humiliation; I don't recall recall many situations like that happening with bullies (except the time I mentioned when I beat the shit out of one's brother).

>Bully's are assholes but literally carving your name into another kid's stomach is going a bit far.
I thought there was supposed to be an implication that IT was driving him to do shit like that. Just like how no one in the town notices that shitloads of kids are disappearing; his presence has an effect on the town.

Those aren't the kids who were bullied. The ones who got it the worst were usual like silent weirdos or kids who read The Hobbit year round while eating a PB&J sandwich in the far corner of the school yard.

So its weird to read ?

The kids that got bullied the most in my high school back in ‘05 were the kids that wore animal tails attached to their belts year around. I had study hall with one of them and he always refused to tell me why he wore it. Besides the tail he was just a chill kid that wanted to be left alone. Brian Dubois and Helen Zeng...still remember their names from the sole fact they wore tails.

I always thought bullying in American movies was fucking ridiculous, same as the popularity 'caste' system. In my high school bullying existed, but it almost never got physical or crazy like this. Popular kids hung out with other popular kids, but they were friendly enough. Unpopular kids weren't easy to talk to, but most people gave them a chance.
Movies aren't real.

yeah but you still knew to keep your mouth shut

I remember seeing a video on the news about kids who wear tails to school. They said something about how it gave them the feeling of being in a 'pack', having a family, etc...
It was ridiculous, but I thought it was a nice gesture for retarded kids.
Then I learned about furries.

just because it didn't happen to you doesn't make it not real. That's like saying the first Fast and Furious is not real because you never saw a street race

Why would you bully the kid that reads? Or the silent kids?
I mean, in my school they got teased occasionally but they were harmless enough so nobody bothered them much. Someone would usually step in.

In my school the bullies were the ugly shitty kids who stuck together in a gang, and the subhuman 2nd and 3rd gen brown immigrants, mostly the muslim scum gangs. Always so effete and cowardly. The jock, handsome kids never bullied anyone because they had nothing to prove.

>he always refused to tell me why he wore it
The only people who did that in my high school were also huge weebs that also wore Naruto headbands all the time. I always figured it was some anime thing, especially since a lot them called them "tanuki tails."

bullies past grade school are one of the 3.
1)emotional because their family life sucks, their moms a slut or single father mother household.
2)emo rage, bully because they got bullied
3)closet homosexuals butthurt they cant come out.

because you know they wouldn't fight back.

Silent=weird and different in my high school. Them being silent also meant they were never going to defend themselves, so they made an easy target.

Not sure why you think I said kids were bullied because they read. I said kids were bullied because they were like super nerds who only read JRR Tolkien books every free minute of school and were loners, and thus were considered super nerds worthy of bullying.

Graduated HS in '05.

From elementary all the way up kids got teased & stuff but I never really saw or experienced any unprovoked violence, and I was one of the "nerdy" ones. There were plenty of mutual fights of course, but nothing straight up one-sided.

Who /bullyhere/?
Although I was more of a pussy among bullies. The only bullying I did was keeping a kid trapped in the bathroom and forcing another one to pee in a trash can

I believe this was pre-furry faggotry

>Does this type of thing actually happen in many modern day high schools?
Yes, some girl just got killed in the bathroom at her school by three mexican girls because they wanted to teach her a lesson about being white. I'd post the link but I'm lazy.

I remember I used to bully the kid who would wear an XFL Rage jersey two years after the league was defunct. He was a hood rat transfer kid who always fought. Probably in prison these days

In my experience not really.

In my case it wasnt one bully picking on one kid, it was a group that picked on one kid but taunting nothing explicit.

Sometimes I was bullied, some times others were bullied and I was the bully. It's like a herd of monkeys picking on eachother.

I know other cases might be different.

yes. this one is from Korea.

>Five junior high school students (14 years old) were reported to the police for assaulting a fellow 14 year old student in an alleyway by using physical force, a chair, and glass shards, all of which was recorded and shared. The picture of the bloody victim went viral, causing netizen outrage and petitions of 50,000 signatures demanding a stronger sentence for the minors.

That was in PA or Delaware. The girl hit her head and stroked out and they left her to die.

google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/story/100415104/

this, I was unpopular as fuck but was still hanging out at parties and shit

>Mexican cops
Literally the worst kind. Not even being ironic. Every Mexican cop I've ever run into was a huge piece of shit that took joy out of harrasing white kids. Like father like son I guess.

I remember kids getting into fights, but it was usually people within the same social group. I was nerdy as fuck in high school and no one was ever mean to me about it.

Never happened and I live in Balkans, I always thought it was some American shit.
Worst bullying in my HS was some verbal abuse here and there.

American schools are insane.

>do kids get cornered and physically assaulted by older or bigger kids in schools still
yes you big retard

Last time a dickhead pulled a knife on a m8 in a school fight (we're talking '07 here) all 9 of us kicked the fuck out of him & stomped his ankles, he had to have his shit bolted back together, he was in a wheelchair for half a year kek.
He didn't bully anyone else after that.

There's stuff in the news about bullies killing kids or driving them to suicide all the time. There was that one last year where two girls smashed another girl's head into rocks until she died. The guy in IT was a psychopath and his father was a cop so he could get away with it.

Haha yeah that totally happened xD

>that was filmed at the school y brother went to
>he probably bullied them because he was a gangster wannabe douche

In my high school students brought knives and guns to school, everyday fights broke out, and police patrolled our school.
After I graduated they brought in metal detectors after someone was stabbed in the restroom.
I'm American by the way.

There was one kid who turned intro a tranny in high school
and another who cried all the time
those were the only two people I recall who got bullied, and obviously if you do either of those things you're going to have a hard time
even the weebs and the huge losers weren't bullied, just made fun of privately, which I'm sure the losers and weebs did in turn to everybody else

I went to a faggy arts high school so everyone knew everybody and there was basically no bullying except girls being shitty to each other.
Literally all the girls in the dance program had an eating disorder.
Sometimes the Catholic high school would try to start shit, but mostly they'd just call you a faggot for going to an arts school. Although one of my friends was mugged and threatened with a brick.

I honestly cannot remember a single fight at my highschool other than my own. Granted my class size was about 70.

Lotta pestering and some pretty mean bantz honestly, lotta dickheads and chumps being abusive in gym, thats about it.

As for my experience. Senior Year. Had a sort of friend in the circle of rednecks who quasi-accepted me. He gave me a real hard slap between the shoulderblades during the lunch hour as I was talking by lockers. I do a lap around the hallways to walk it off, and 5 minutes later come back and give him the same slap on the back. He loses his shit and tries punching me. Dodge or block them, he grabs my shirt and pushes me to the lockers and repeatedly punches my torso. Just blocked any hits towards the top of my body. I didn't want to break any bones so I open palm smacked the fuck out of his face 2-3 times.

By this point crowds had gathered and a teacher was yelling and split us up. Called into the principles within 5 minutes. I lose my shit and tear up because I was a momma's boy >tfwnogf kind of guy, so that was embarrassing. I see the other guy and he is pouring blood out of his nose and bruised heavily around his eyes, while I didn't get any bruising at all. Made me look like the aggressor. After figuring it all out we both got suspended for a week. My parents were cool with it and let me just play video games the entire time.

Got back to school and talked with my friends in a circle. The other guy comes up to us, said he was sorry, offers me a coke and a handshake, and went back to the way things were, no questions asked.

>tfw learning the other guy got sent to his grandmas to chop wood and clean her house for a week while you stayed home and played vidya the whole time.

You think that's unbelievable?
I won't bother telling you about the yearly race riots & that time a kid brought a rusty hatchet into school 'cause some pakis talked shit about his mum, or that time someone's dad set fire to a teachers car in the car park because she wouldn't give his spakker son better grades.
It's great living in a shithole user.

I could never remember a thing about any fight I’ve ever been in. I have a memory blackout when I fight. Anyone else get this?

kek, where is this from?

I remember quite a bit of violence in High School, but it was never a bully-on-small guy violence. It was usually two chads fighting for dominance. Maybe there were kids that got picked on, but while I was definitely a turbo-autist permavirgin, I was also kind of a big guy, so if that DID happen, I never really saw it. Any bullying directed at me was basically verbal bantz.

>It was usually two chads fighting for dominance
Objectively this, i was one of the nerdy kids (obviously) but nobody ever fucked with me, basically because i didn't really have much to do with anyone other than my 2 nerdy friends, so i didn't get in anyones way. In highschool i remember there were maybe two fights and it was the biggest chads everytime, fighting over wjo was the real alpha.
In middle school i got picked on by a guy who was also one of the nerds, good grades, and in the soccer team. His bullying was kinda werid tho, kinda making fun of me having a big butt and lowkey pinching it, one day i realised i was well over 2 inches taller and heavier than hip and i pushed him. He got scared and never fucked with me again, so i guess people just pick on people of their own league or something, also when the bullying isn't coming from chads, it's mostly gay guys who are still in the closset trying to lirt /hide their attraction to the people they pick on

I was attacked when I was a Freshman. Basically, was tripped from behind. Fell on the ground and got up to attack the guy but he laid me out pretty quickly afterwards. He was 3 grades my senior and a better fighter. Afterwards somebody started a rumor that I shat my pants and for the remainder of that year people would yell out, "shit boy!" or "fart boy!" at me.I think the verbal stuff was the worst.

That being said, high school wasn't a terrible time. My senior year was great. The shit boy stuff stopped at the end of my Freshman year.

Except it does. Even down to the choice of font.

This is the perfect 56% face. I don't know how can anybody top this

This was actually pretty accurate for the 70's through most of the 90's. The internet, and then smartphones killed a lot of this kind of thing since it was now easier to video batshit violent bullies in action.

Went to a large high school (thousands of students). Most bullying was just name calling and making fun of someone behind their back. There were only a few fights in school, and most ended relatively quickly.

Went to a private catholic school in Australia where everyone was friendly to each other outside of specific problems that two individuals may have had with each other. Everyone bantered with everyone, losers would banter with the cool kids and the cool kids mates would laugh at him. Separate groups but all friends. It was 95% white.

>i got picked on by a guy
>His bullying was kinda werid tho, kinda making fun of me having a big butt
>lowkey pinching it

Holy shit my sides @ you being molested

>you didn't fuck him in the ass
Gaaay

Sounds like a dream. My parents thought of moving to Australia when I was born but we moved to California instead so you can guess how that turned out.

yes
-texbully

I remember back in tenth grade some guy bragged or there was a rumour about him having sex with a dog or something.
Everyone barked as he walked down the hall for the rest of the year but he transferred after that.
t. Leaf

Only guy I know who got messed up with a knife was an mma douche beating on a kid like 50 pounds lighter than him. It seemed like a fair stabbing tbqh.

what happend to the agressors?

I don't live in America but I do live in the most violent city in my country and we never physically bullied the kid we fucked with.

I still feel bad sorry Devon

it's an american thing

You're gay now?

I know nobody has responded to you yet. So here is a (you), champ.

Who /privateschool/ here?

Legit, if any of you queers make babies, drop a dime and send them to Catholic school

>Minimal minorities
>Trad. Education
>Legit 900x better than public schools in preparation for HS
>Cath. HS preps you better for college

>went to Catholic school all my life
>classmates gave me shit for being gay

>like some huge jock is slamming some kid into a table while screaming "HEY FAGGOT"

Was my school the only one where most of the jocks were Bros? Jocks didn't feel like giving anyone shit, they just wanted to train at sports and bang the popular girls.

>cancerous pieces of shits from reddit just nonchalantly mentioning how they'd ruin people's lives

yeah , youre lucky you didnt try that on me, i carry a knife and gun with me at all times and if some mexican piece of shit comes at me you're going down and ill just plant the knife on you nobody will care about one less beaner

Sup Forums falseflagging at its finest
>I'm Mexican and I used to beat up the white kids in my classes
>mexican
>beating white kids

next time, be more subtle

yes

You go one of two ways. You become a human punching bag of tolerance or a spic hating recluse retardiot like me

that's shitty
at least you tried to fight the guy instead of taking it like a bitch, and after that what are you gonna do? Chimp out every time somebody chirps you?

They bullied you not because you're gay, but because you're a faggot.

>There was that one last year where two girls smashed another girl's head into rocks until she died.
Yeah honestly when you get to certain schools in America serious violence becomes pretty common. Some schools in the U.S. have kids getting hospitalized almost every day. Though some of the is gang violence, some is bully violence. If you're in any kind of minority, even if you're the only white kid in a mostly nonwhite school or one of the only white kids or a wealthier kid in a mostly poorer school or the only kid who gets good grades I mean, there are places where there will be violence every day because you stand out in any way. People who I've talked to who move here from other countries are blindsided and just freaked the fuck out by how much bullying and violence there is in some American schools (not all), really crazy shit.

>My highschool wasnt too bad
You didn't personally witness anything so nothing happened? What a delusional fool you are.

You should've stopped tbqh

Your PTSD is blocking the memories. Either that or the constant head bludgeoning upon your locker caused memory loss.