Somoene explain to me what exactly is going on in Marvel? Why are runs so short now...

Somoene explain to me what exactly is going on in Marvel? Why are runs so short now, and why have their been almost annual relaunches? Is there a method to this?

No

Because first issues sell big and gradually lose readers.

Because poor sales, but zero faith in trying out new characters, so they just spit out old names in the hopes people will buy them for name recognition alone.

So they can keep changing them to fit with feminist/SJW agendas

This

If you get all you know about comics from Sup Forums, sure. They're throwing fucking everything at the wall and seeing what sticks (nothing because the model is broken)

Simple blame civil war and marvel now!,Civil war the comic shower tat people will buy anything if it's shocking and unexpected no matter how dumb or forced it is,then Marvel now there first relaunch sold like gangbusters so when sales slipped they did it again for some books with all new Marvel,Then they did it again and again to the point where even Newfags are avoiding the books because there too different from what they knew about marvel and know it probably won't last.Basically marvel abused cheap sales gimmicks so much they've damaged the line entirely

Marvel keep relaunching things to get those sweet issue #1 sales numbers.

The numbers almost immediately drop after that, because Marvel forgot how to write comics that engage readers, so they cancel things at issue #6, claim in was just a miniseries all along, then start over again.

The sad thing is, nothing is going to change until someone publishes an article that speculates that all of these #1's are going to be worthless decades from now.

So it's the 90's all over again. And we all know how well the 90's turned out for Marvel.

But now Marvel got movies and movies are a source of money.

Pretty much all the money goes to Disney though. That's why they split the movies from Marvel and put it under Disney.

Some idiot was upset that he couldn't make it in TV like he wanted, so he decided to try to make comics more like it with a seasonal schedule.

Someone keep the text the same but change the second page's pictures to Robbie murdering human traffickers and Russian mob members.

Really? I think some part of the money goes to comics.

That's a separate division though. If the comics division isn't pulling their weight, Disney isn't going to just let them cut into the movie division's profits for help.

So how Marvel is alive?

But is not talking about speculation buyers. I used to "try" Marvel comics. I don't anymore. Between the shitty stories made even wore by relaunch and event insanity and the stupidly high prices, I'm done with them. #1s are drying up because people like me would be buying Punisher, Moon Knight and Ultimates since their recent launches but I'm fucking done with Marvel so I just buy more of the myriad other publisher out there.

Thanks Marvel NOW! I'm read more DC, Euro and indie comics in the past two years than in my entire life!

>Thanks Marvel NOW! I'm read more DC, Euro and indie comics in the past two years than in my entire life!
Same. In the past year or two Marvel has gotten me to read more DC comics than I ever have before.

Only a small percentage from royalties. Stan Lee probably makes more from the movies than all of Marvel Comics.

Marvel thinks a "seasonal" method is the best way to go about things. Every "season" has an encompassing "arc" (read: an event) that it centers around and when that arc is over, it's a new "season" (read: all the major books get relaunches while the ones that didn't sell are canceled).

Then they should call them seasons and there should be some way to determine the sequence of two different books by looking at them. They've taken a system that's already kind of wonky (Different Adjective + Team Name) and gone full retard with it. Had they decided that a specific year was Uncanny or a specific year was Amazing, that'd be fine too. You could even do an All-New year. But at least show that you care about anything other than selling comics you haven't even printed yet.

>Axis leads in to Superior year
c'mon marvel.
>Secret Wars lead in to All-New year
New universe. Come on.
>Civil War II leads in to Unworthy year
I mean, it's not tough. "This year, the heroes are dealing with the fact that THEY are the disaster."
>Marvel's rebirth event that brings back the FF is the Fanastic year
COME ON MARVEL

Yes.

The awesome Marvel method of "whadafuckdowedo"! be sure to tune in for later installments, true believer!