Sunday Symbiote General

Why did Remender kill her?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/VenomBalor/status/834554977179856896
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because marvel told him to start killing unused hosts. I'm just thankful he didn't touch Scorn.

>Because marvel told him to start killing unused hosts

Why did Marvel tell him to do that? Why not just leave them alone in case another writer wants to use them? Feels pointless and unnecessary.

Marvel also got rid of a shit ton of X-Men during Decimation and had Hulk depower all the other Hulks...only for them to make Cho Hulk.

See, Marvel has this problem that they think people can't keep up with so many similar versions of characters hat they would have them all get killed except for the vanilla original...only for them to realize that the vanilla original doesn't have much flavor and then create new of the same.

Marvel probably just wanted to kill off or remove redundant characters, I think Gerry Duggan did something similar to various gamma powered characters in his Hulk run

It's a matter of time before they start lining up unused former Avengers against the wall. Monica Rambeau is going to get killed just to hype up an event or crossover at some point, guaranteed

They're trying to reduce the number of duplicate characters. But yeah, the weakest part of Remender's Venom run was what he did to the symbiotes. Especially Toxin.

The thing that Marvel doesn't get and a lot of fans are in denial about is that Marvel has to move on from Iron Man, Cap, Thor, etc being the leads of Marvel. No, this is not a "replace those characters with Riri, Female Thor, etc", this is "Those franchises are getting overexposed, so move onto new stuff". Someone else in an Iron Man suit is still just Iron Man.

The movies aren't going to use RDJ indefinitely, and there is no real point in recasting Iron Man if almost every known Iron Man story has been used up. Value the characters who aren't the currently overused ones because they could be avenues to greater stories. It pains me how unbelievably short sighted Marvel is being with their comics. Yes, the Avengers have became a huge brand, but after a full decade of Iron Man appearing in films, people will start to get sick of the character, whether they admit it or not.

The worst thing about symbiotes is every story EVERYthe writer decides to create a shitty original character symbiote that only they will ever use who promptly gets forgotten when their story/run is over.

instead of using existing symbiotes they create shitty OC that never gets used outside of their books and then the next writer ignores it all and creates their own shitty OC

scorn, mania, that new one from that carnage series and so many others I can't even remember

scorn is the best example she showed up for one minisiers and disappeared forwver basically work with what you got instead f making shitty OC symbiotes nobody will ever use

Comics don't work that way. People will always love the originals and trying to move on from them will never work out. The best way is to create new characters and slowly raise them alongside the big names. The new characters will never replace the old ones in terms of popularity. Marvel is at least working on their teen characters and legacy characters, the thing they've been so against for a long time. Shame they aren't going to bring back Gravity, he was coming along so nicely.

Is Tactical Venom the best thing Slott has done in his entire career as a writer?

Either that or Anti-Venom

>Anti-Venom
I want him to come back but he was too good for this world.

>I want him to come back but he was too good for this world.
Same.

He needed a better name.

See, that's why I didn't mind Raze from the Carnage series. Her story began and ended within the series itself for the host and symbiote. And besides, she was never really her own unique symbiote, just an extension of Carnage.

So Devin Lewis was asked on Twitter about Venomverse and his responses indicate that Edge of Venomverse may be more than just a poster.
twitter.com/VenomBalor/status/834554977179856896

Please be good

All it needs to do is not be what Volume 3 of Venom has been and I'll be happy to call it a success.

>Anti-Venom

Very cute.

Then why don't they kill off Miles and Silk then!?

>Monica Rambeau is going to get killed just to hype up an event or crossover at some point, guaranteed

They won't kill off Monica because she's black so people would accuse of racism if Marvel killed her.

Speaking of Toxin, I wonder where he is now.

I really hope Geraldo Sandoval isn't doing the art, because then no matter how good it is it'll be brought down by how shit it looks.

This also applies to villains.

I think the only Eddie ones that ever appeared more than once were the Jury, and even then it was only in backup stories, a Spider-Man mini, and The Thunderbolts.

Didn't save Rhodey

that and anti-vemon
>no word on flash or mania since the end of space knight.
>instead we got that retardly edgy venom
i hate marvel

Flash is rejoining the ASM supporting cast

Cool

I hope Slott at the very least has Flash mention Andi, maybe that he brought her with him to New York. To be honest though I would actually really like it if Mania became a supporting character in Amazing Spider-Man. It could provide a huge boost to her popularity and could help her get a mini-series.

Is Gage still cowriting ASM with Slott? I can see him throwing in a line about Mania

>killing blacks and asians instead of the whites

He didn't do shit to toxin, that was what was left of editorial (read:Bendis) telling him to do that, remember he wanted to use anti-venom more, but slott had already killed h im off and refused his re-use.