Shadowland: Blood on the Streets Storytime

Welcome back Anons! Last time, we met the newest Power Man, Victor Alvarez, who also happened to be the son of classic Luke Cage villain "Shades". Today, we're going to see what Misty Knight got involved in during Shadowland.

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/JHenwick/status/835905382371442689/photo/1
static1.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/558b293be4b0c012e0999315/558b293ce4b0ddcc30ab28aa/1435183420746/female-superhero-practical-redesigns-02.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I forgot about it at the time, but it turns out the DnA Heroes for Hire mini was a sequel to this mini.

Well, that doesn't look pleasant.

You see pretty soon why this was a prequel to that series.

I forget, what exactly are Shroud's powers?

I mean, he can clearly fly and shoot some kind of smoke.

>"You're Misty Knight, right? Where's the other broad?"
>"My COLLEAGUE is on a case."

So yeah, after the whole "Moon Boy" thing, Misty and Colleen have yet to really recover, even in current day.

It's not like ninja aren't an obscure idea, nor are they anything LIKE Kamikazes.

So yeah, Misty's arm got ANOTHER upgrade off-panel.

Wait, did he fly to her window, or teleport? I know CLOAK can teleport, but can Shroud?

Have a bump

Is Sable still dead?

I think.

Thanks, PreacherAnon.

No problem

Oh hey, it's been a while since we've seen Rafe, huh Anons?

So you know how they mentioned occasionally that people went missing since Shadowland popped up? Here's where they're doing something about it.

>she steals his fries right in front of him

Seriously Misty, why bother? It's not even the good stuff, it's MCDONALDS fries.

>"I've been thinking about names for a girl..."

So this was back before that stupid chi baby retcon.

If it wasn't for the narration color, would YOU be able to guess who this was?

RIP

It should NOT be this easy to sneak into the owner's office, especially in the Marvel Universe.

>a bloody handprint on his face

So, is this a known Hand ninja calling card?

Holy hell, cops actually DOING something in a cape comic. Color me surprised.

So I'm guessing by this point, Daredevil and our heroes had already started fighting.

Okay, and I guess he also has super-senses like Daredevil?

Remember THIS asshole?

Unlike last time, I'm keeping these pages up, because these are characters who have history outside our storytimes.

Remember Wraith from Annihilation: Conquest me neither.

Apparently Slott is bringing her back soon. Still mad tho.

Sorry for the delay, my browser had issues.

This

I think I'm going to have to restart my computer entirely. Be back in a few minutes.

Sure.

Hopefully it'll work this time.

Keep this page in mind whenever you see a shitty redesign thread, where people start making Incredibles references.

Oh, so he doesn't fly on his own, but with tech.

Is there a word for this trick? I love this one.

Still, guy's a damned fool.

Look at it this way, Misty. You now have a lot more time to make that change.

>it's a classic "Heroes fight because of a misunderstanding"

Bump

To be fair Paladin, based on what I know about you, I'd believe you to be an assassin if the pay's enough.

I'm surprised that nobody's tried to bring back that edgelord.

Thanks for the bump, user.

I bump bearing gifts. And those gifts are the official Colleen Wing banner.

mobile.twitter.com/JHenwick/status/835905382371442689/photo/1

Can't wait for her story time. Hope Ms Wing gets more love in the comics!

And now a completely DIFFERENT design for Hand ninjas, from what we've seen by now.

Lauren Oliver — 'Some things are better left buried and forgotten.'

You welcome

So it looks like someone is framing Hand Ninjas for a killing spree.

There was meant to be an explanation mark after banner to sound more dramatic(!)

Most cape-wearing characters have powers anyway, so it's a dumb complaint.

They ARE a nihilistic cult of murderous assassins.
I mean, even if they didn't do THIS killing, it's still a good idea to wipe them out.

So Anons, do YOU have any theories?

I must've missed when he gave Misty his cell number.

>Can't wait for her story time.

Don't forget, that's only tomorrow!

Colleen is cute! CUTE!

Well, if they aren't Hand Ninjas, they're REALLY convincing cosplayers.

Oh, I don't blame anyone for not bringing him back, I'm just surprised nobody looked at him and tried.

>"Nobody here will employ a bounty hunter who kills their prey."

How is that any different from what Deadpool did for years?

It's not like she's Batman trying to get the Joker out of prison. As you said, they're guilty of a lot of other things. But if you blame them for THESE killings, then the real killer gets away scott-free.

>"Misty Knight? You sly dog. Just imagine the things she could do with that arm."

And now we know why Paladin started getting close to her after she separated from Danny.

I've seen WAY too many redesigns of characters where they get rid of the cape for characters like Supergirl for no reason other than "Durr, they're impractical."

DUN DUN DUN!

I guess after a while, Misty just stopped putting fleshy-covers for her bionic arm, since it keeps getting ruined.

True

So he's into... actually, I don't wanna know.

Remember ME?

static1.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/558b293be4b0c012e0999315/558b293ce4b0ddcc30ab28aa/1435183420746/female-superhero-practical-redesigns-02.jpg

He is even DOING anything?

Because why bother trying to find out if you're shooting the right guy, right?

Okay, I'm kind of sleep deprived right now, what did she say her arm does?

It would've been named Lucy. Damn u Marvel.

Guy at the bottom is either getting shot or having an orgasm.

That is LITERALLY what I was thinking of. That EXACT damn image.

Basically her arm can be a big magnet.

Yeah, fuck those redesigns. Jay-sus, what an eyesore.

Wait, was Paladin talking to Sable, or Misty? Because last I remember, Misty had her afro back.

I thought they were having a boy?

Well Immortal Iron Fist had her give birth to a son instead.

And, she would have been beautiful. ;-;

>Insert Daddy!Danny with his baby girl, here.

Could be both.

If you check last issue, there was indeed a woman with shoulder-length black hair when Misty was in the morgue.

So what ever happened to Mr. Negative, anyway? He was set up as a big deal in Brand New Day Spider-Man, and he kind of just vanished.

The one that annoyed me the most was the Carol Ms. Marvel redesign. It was a generic black outfit with a tiny lightning bolt. Like, even smaller than that Supergirl logo, because god forbid a superhero costume be recognizable.

I can promise that, at the very least, we'll do Secret Love.

>"See Shadowland: Spider-Man"

The gist of that one-shot was "Mr. Negative and his Inner Demons fight Hand Ninjas, and Spider-Man and Shang-Chi interfere when Negative starts winning. Negative corrupts Shang-Chi, who takes over the Inner Demons by sheer force of will, and starts fighting Spider-Man. Again, by sheer force of will, he manages to overcome the corruption, and the Inner Demons fuck off."

Huh, they didn't mention a curfew in the other books.

Yeah, I somehow doubt this'll work Paladin.

God damn it, YOU'RE the foreigners here, not him!

Holy shit, the ninjas are actually doing pretty good here.

The DCEU, for all the shit it gets, looks like a gay parade compared to those designs. It's that bad.

Well, until Shroud showed up.

>"How'd you know I was here?"

You're a purple superhero causing havoc in Chinatown. It's either you or one of the Hawkeyes, and they don't use guns.

O'Flanaghan's pub, because Flanaghan's pub just isn't Irish enough.

>"I should be curled up on the couch with Danny, picking out strollers and cribs."

Because Marvel will never let the pain go away.

>"I wish Colleen was here, to help figure it out."

So do I... well, me and that one user.

Damn, it's a good thing she wasn't REALLY pregnant, because that probably would've been a miscarriage right there.

Last issue for today, Anons!