ITT: Shit from a few years ago that you're still salty about

ITT: Shit from a few years ago that you're still salty about

They seriously couldn't let Dent be a good guy for a little bit? I'm not saying permanently make him a hero, but damn.

The Batman Telltale game was so frustrating. So many choices seemed like it was written to where you can prevent him from going evil, but he ends up becoming a villain anyways.

I'm more salt about his suicide being handwaved by Snyder (not to say My Own Worst Enemy wasn't a great Twoface story)

It's a telltale game. Choices change a couple of lines of dialog at most.

When the hell did Harvey kill himself?

Blame Loeb; Loeb turned him good and had plans for him. So much so that Loeb had Harvey declared off limits to ALL writers but him.

But then Loeb got pissy they would not grant him huge delays for publishing Superman/Batman because one of the A-List artists on the book could not keep his deadlines and forced Loeb to use a fill in artist. Loeb rage quit and we hen it became apparent he was not coming back, they gave orders to restore Harvey as a villian and let other writers use him again

Your choices never actually matter in a Telltale game.

I still enjoy them because they're pretty immersive and well-written for the most part, but yeah, the whole choice thing is a load of bullshit.

N52 Batman and Robin, after Damian died IIRC.

This guys entire story being forgotten after he was taken to Ventresses outer rim rape dungeon

Speaking as someone who loved the Dent, Gordan, and Batman triumvirate, why couldn't DC just make Harvey into a violent vigilante instead of a villain back in the beginning? Have him go full-out Punisher/Judge Dread on criminals. Being scarred with acid and frustrated at the system, Harvey decides to give criminals a 50/50 unbiased chance. Heads, he spares their lives and leaves them to prison. Tails, he kills them.

He represents a facet of crime-fighting that Jim and Bruce aren't comfortable with. Even for a dirty city like Gotham, Harvey's demented form of justice is somewhat understandable, but the Commissioner and Batman can't allow it because it sets a dangerous precedent and they're bound by the law.

Anyone remember the Batman TAS episode about The Judge? And how we found out that the vigilante was actually a 3rd personality for Harvey that was compelled to fight crime?

DC could've even had arguments between Bats and Two-Face like the one between Matt and Frank in Season 2 of Daredevil. It'd be the same for Jim and Batman trying to stop and apprehend Harvey. They know Harvey was a good man fighting for the law, but doing things the wrong way. He's become a killer; something that they can't allow. Harvey argues that Gotham is a cesspool and the old way (with the 3-way alliance) isn't equipped to deal with it. And Dent even argues that his 50/50 coin flip is equal opportunist. He at least gives murderers, rapists, and other criminals a chance for redemption if it lands on heads.

Death of ultimate Peter and the death of the entire universe of followed since I was 12 except for its least interesting late addition.Like after secret wars the 616 comes back in tip top shape but 1616 is forgotten except for fucking miles and the maker

Eh. Kinda hard to blame Loeb. I've been held back by people requesting extensions and being incapable of keeping a deadline or working in a team before, so I can get how frustrating that would be. It seriously sucks when you're the only professional on the team.

And it's not exactly his fault for other people to not want to write the story he wanted to. Know what I mean?

>the death of the entire universe
Speaking of which, I haven't kept up with Ultimate Marvel since the death of Ultimate Peter. What exactly happened afterwards? Does Ultimate Universe not exist anymore?

See filename.

>Ying Yang belt buckle
I've reread this comic so many times and I never noticed that before.

Hickman killed it and secret wars and unlike everything else in that blasted event,it stayed dead,so every single member of peters supporting cast and the rest of te universe died,the events and accomplishments of the heroes completely forgotten except for miles who doesn't even bloody remember(or acknowledge) it and Maker who could care less.Im still mad

>Future's End
I read the entire thing for free thanks to Sup Forums's storytimes and I still feel like I want my money back.

Batman villains never STAY reformed. Two-Face didn't, Riddler didn't, Bane didn't.

The very definition of 'ruined by a bad ending.'

Eh. Bane doesn't really count, since he reverted back to being a pure villain after Flashpoint.

>>yfw Clayface goes back to villiany

Black Cat's origin story being a rape retcon
OMD
Them killing Toxin's host off panel.
Everything that happened in Shadowland.

What was the handwave?

I really, really hope that Clayface doesn't go back to being a villain. He's just so damn good as a fuck up trying to make good. He's a hell of a lot more interesting as a good guy, that's for sure.

THIS. FUCKING. THING

I know they were gonna to reboot anyway and they have to return to status quo (what for? you're gonna reboot anyway), but they are better ways to make Harley comeback to the Joker that doesn't shit up on the pairing that have had (until that moment) a steady development that had years of building.

Disney Princess Thor is bullshit in general but her somehow overpowering Odin was a septic tank explosion.

I love moments like this with villains.

Catwoman. While she's not a full on hero, she's been consistently an anti-heroic criminal for like 20 years now.

Hopefully it'll be an interesting and understandable reversion instead of a shitty handwave like most of the villains. With him, it is easy to have him literally be split into multiple Clayfaces, allowing for a good and evil one to exist at the same time.

The Big Burn ended with Harvey shooting himself in the head.

He's fine.

Same, he's been one of the better things about Tec. Though I'm not optimistic with that line about him in Direct Currents.

What was the line?

Hes just there with no explanation?

>So...How long until Clayface betrays the Team?
>With his checkered past, you keep waiting for the other sloppy, muddy shoe to drop...

Damn

Yeah, the explanation was he got better

>Disney Princess Thor

Two-Face has a history of failed redemption arcs. The worst one I can think of was didio crashing Dixon by turning Rene gay and turning Denr into a crazed stalker who couldn't handle his Waifu was gay. That's a preemptive failed redemption arc.
I'm on my phone otherwise I'd dump the bronze age series where Harvey tries to go straight. Some other Sup Forumsmrade might have it.

Not gonna lie. It would've been a cool concept if they made Harvey the corrupt, sleazy half and Two-Face a psychotic anti-hero.

>getting cucked on a regular basis
more like The Unworthy Thor

>Telltale games
>having choices that matter
Your choices are always superficial in Telltale games, they will never significantly change the story. Contrivances will always bring players back on the same path because Telltale can't into branching storylines.

Does "Cyclops being killed off-screen in the event that was supposed to tell his off-screen death" count since it was recent? Actually everything that happened to him since they destroyed his relationship with Emma makes me pretty mad, so there's that. Particularly AvX and the Matthew Malloy arc.

Didn't Two-Face kill himself in New 52 Batman & Robin? Did they ever explain how he's back in All-Star, or is it just because of Rebirth?

That was Rucka, not Dixon. Though I think Rucka did that on purpose having Harvey out Renee as gay.

I'm surprised that people had as much of an issue with that story. I suppose that it was out of character for Harvey to out and kidnap someone, but the way that Renee was trying to reform him was very obviously never going to work. He wasn't ever genuinely trying to rehabilitate himself.

The fact that Levitz (and Giffen) decided to and was allowed to tank post-Flashpoint LoSH as much as he did. No one needed another "Brainiac 5 goes mad and loses all of his friends" storyline or a convoluted story that led nowhere.