Batman vs Superman wins 4 Razzies

> Batman vs Superman wins 4 Razzies
> Suicide Squad was only nominated for 2 of them
> Proof that there are retarded people that think BvS is worse than SS.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_History_of_Violence
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And SS might win an Oscar today.

the razzies are old and outdated, made by a film school hack who couldn't make it as a real director

they were fun back when they could find little movies that were just plain bad but now that everyone shit on both of the big winners they're just repeating everyone else

BvS was a total failure. Only contrarians think otherwise. SS was just bad.

What was worse though BvS or Hillary's America
Dinesh DeConservacuck is always the answer for what is worse. Guy tries to make Nazi level propaganda and fails harder than Sup Forums does at discussing video games

The Golden Turkeys were better.

I think BvS gets more shit given expectations behind it and the wasted potential it had. SS on the other hand by the time of it's release expectations were already low. That said, SS was the worse made movie, BvS was the most disappointing

Yep, pretty much. At least BvS had a few interesting ideas (for example: Bruce being more violent after Jason's death as Tim never became the new Robin) that went down the drain.

and suicide squad will probably win an oscar cementing that it is a much better film

>they were fun back when they could find little movies that were just plain bad but now that everyone shit on both of the big winners they're just repeating everyone else

When was that?

suicide squad had better acting
wasn't nearly as cringe or hard to follow plot wise
and apart from editing had a simple story

BvS asked moviegoers to do way too much and that's why its hated and Suicide Squad isn't

You'll have to fight over who is worst eisenlex or Letoker

That's because BvS is big title and easy PR for Razzies.
Hence why there was zero nominations for Ghostbusters 2016.

>At least BvS had a few interesting ideas
BvS took the horrid characterizations and dopey plot progression of MoS and doubled down everywhere

Snyder establishes the ominous planet-wide Kryptonian threat transmission...
Has the military scrambling to pick up Lois and track down Clark...
Yet we are expected to accept that Bruce Wayne is just dicking around at "ground zero" planning nothing, expecting nothing, just wandering around like the whole situation took him completely by surprise.

Snyder complete's Nolan's transformation of Bruce into an imbecile with military surplus.

I doubt it the other nominations aren't just better movies they also have better makeup

Killer Croc, Diablo, Joker, Harley, Enchantress, they have this in the bag.

DCEU getting an oscar before Marvel lol

I think that it is because people had BIGGER expectations for it.

Isn't it for Joker's make up? If it was Croc it could at least be kind of fair.

I'm sure GotG thought they had it in the bag too

SS was just a stupid action movie with heart. BVS. was some wierd else world story with terrible sense shifts and a laughable plot.

>BIGGER expectations

So they wanted the movie to try even harder?

So DC movies have to be Oscar worthy material and if they don't they fall on the ''its shit'' category?

I know that chances are that you are just a troll/disney shill but I dislike how DC movies are nitpicked to death while the Marvel Disney ''dumbed down pirates of the Caribean but with marvel characters'' movies get a free pass on everything!

Civil War was bragging about being a political film with retarded ass politics, you don't see the movie being bashed about every single detail like BvS
>HAHAHAHAHA, they are showing the cameos with an E-MAIL/buzzword!!!
>Oh look, in Civil War the whole plot involves a video on a really contribed ''this only works with movie logic'' way, what a perfect movie!

No one expected anything of Suicide Squad.

>Oscar Worthy
>In the category of makeup

I think everyone just wants a plot that makes a tiny bit of sense, without having to have it "re-explained" to us by some turbo-autist with a bunch of headcanon.

>I'm sure GotG thought they had it in the bag too

Difference being that all they had was a blue girl, a blue dude and a green girl, while the really challenging characters that could have been done via make up and practical special effects were just CGI puppets.

While SS went out of their way to still use practical special effects even during CGI heavy scenes like Enchantress during the final fight.

And again, Killer Croc, insted of making a CGI cartoon they decided to make the character look and feel real with practical effects and make up.

Like it or not Suicide Squad was put together with more care than GotG relying on CGI every other scene

>I know that chances are that you are just a troll/disney shill but I dislike how DC movies are nitpicked to death while the Marvel Disney ''dumbed down pirates of the Caribean but with marvel characters'' movies get a free pass on everything!

Marvel has a track record that allows people to give them the benefit of the doubt. WB fucked up too soon.

Say what you want about Marvel movies, they're watchable and "okay". WB tries too hard and fumbles to be "great", and there are people who would rather a mundane movie that tries to be a mundane movie more than a shit movie that tries to be great.

>I think everyone just wants a plot that makes a tiny bit of sense, without having to have it "re-explained" to us by some turbo-autist with a bunch of headcanon.

1-Bad guys are used to kill what the goberment thinks are other bad guys.
2-One of the bad guys betrays the rest.
3-Now the bad guys have to get together to kill the traitor.

>durr, durr, too hard for me!

>Marvel has a track record that allows people to give them the benefit of the doubt.

More like Marvel films are reviewed as movies made for kids so they don't get harsh reviews while films like Apocalypse and BvS get shitted on because ''These movies should be made for kids! They need to be more comedic and watered down like the Marvel Disney films! I can't wait for Dr. Strange on Imax 4D and 3D!''

Razzies is a joke. There are way worse movies out there. They don't decided on quality They decide on how much attention they can get from the movie. They know how decisive BvS is among the fanbase and critics so they know that making the film win instead of movies that deserve it more, they will get the validation they desperately want.

Was really referring to BvS, but ok
>The next Superman could be EVIL and threaten the gov'ment
>So we recruited this EVIL Superman, and not only introduced her to important national security figures, we showed her how to steal atomic secrets
>Oh but it's ok, we have this flimsy control over her doing anything bad cuz suitcase
>Immediately does something REALLY BAD!
>OK our backup plan for EVIL Superman is now a guy with guns, whore with baseball bat, a big guy, a couple of retards with gadget weapons, and some asshole who burnt his kids to cinders.
>Because we totally don't have access to guns, bats and bombs without them
>EVIL threat is eventually resolved through bombs and guns anyway, and could have been resolved with a simple fighter strike

And best of all:
>We bother to specifically place the movie after Batman has gathered a team, go so far as to establish that we can call Batman to do our dirty work (Deadshot) and that he and Flash can shit all over these guys.

>Then we don't bother to call in Batman and his allies, and they just can't seem to be bothered with an End of the World scenario that goes on for days, fucking up a major American city.

>Proof that there are retarded people

Yeah, OP. You sure proved it, but not how you intended to.

the Razzies Academy are more or less shitposters with media power, I bet they purposely voted BvS to piss off DC fans/nerds and to read on the headlines "Affleck is nominated to worst actor again"

It would'nt surprise me if some members of their Academy lurk or post here or on Sup Forums

>t. never read Suicide Squad comics

Yes, it's all part of some byzantine 8-D plot to discredit DC and sabotage Warner Brother's masterpieces.

>It is somehow less stupid if you read about it.
Not exactly a rebuttal.

>Batman vs Superman wins 4 Razzies
This means that MIller's DKR was a mistake.

>DC about to have 2 Oscars
>Marvel about to have 0 (zero)

That would be hilarious.

>I counted BvS's billion dollar box office too, but surely I am right this time!

>Implying DKR was/isn't the worst thing to happen to Batman, OR Superman.

Post Evans to make sure.

>SS loses
>"H-hollywood was always plotting against the DCEU since the beginning!!"

>Everything I don't like is Nazis.

Just like they did with Avengers!

Cape movies have gotten technical nominations since forever, a few of them have even won them over the last 40 years.

Heat Legend got a posthumous apology Oscar for being horribly snubbed for BBM, due to the fear of alienating the middle-America audience by awarding Gay Cowboy.

Brokeback Mountain? It was good.

It's going to be hilarious when SS loses and Doctor Strange wins

>giving an Oscar to a giant cloud
Eww.

It was, and it Heath should have legitimately won the Oscar that year.
His lip-smackin Clown performance wasn't even in the same league, let alone the best supporting performance that year, but they felt bad enough to pin the medal on his corpse.

Now that's a good idea! Have an MCU actor die so he can get an Oscar!

It is worse...the only two scense worth remembering is Batman in the warhouse and Wonder Woman's first appearance.

>the razzies are old and outdated, made by a film school hack who couldn't make it as a real director
So it shares a lot in common with BvS

Meh, I liked BvS and I don't care.

I'm sure Snyder makes better money than the Razzies guy.

>Marvel makes 10 piles of money while turning their properties into comedies aimed at kids and safe enough for soccer moms to enjoy.
>DC makes 8 and half piles of money while making taking their properties seriously, great visuals, villians and not watering down on adult themes, about to win two oscars and selling more merchandise than all the Avengers that are not called Spider-man, while also having better tv shows, video games, comics and animation.

DC wins, Tom come on.

>giving a shit about the razzies

Giving a shit about who wins an Oscar or Grammy is already pretty gay. Razzies are even lower on the totem poll

>I'm sure Snyder makes better money than the Razzies guy.
Doing toy commercials will do that.
Monkey != Quality, remember? That's why it's okay to call Marvel shit.

>8 and a half piles of money
WB has had 6 DC treatments break even or lose money since 2004.
>Muh teevee and halloween costume trillions
Sounds rather desperate.

BvS tried to be this super deep thing with hella forced religious imagery, SS tried to be a fun by the numbers generic super hero flick. BvS failed and what it tried to do while ruining Batman Super Lex and Bizarro (Doomsday), SS just ruined Joker and was actually kind of fun.

and superman in the court, the Martha scene, grannys peach tea, bruce running all over metropolis, ding ding ding ding, the cameos, do you bleed?, Lois and Clark having sex in the bathtub ( while Captain America is a virgin tee hee)

>Monkey != Quality

>he thinks the movies make more money than merchandise
Levels of casualness: 200%

>Captain America is a virgin
All the Marvel heroes are, that's why they're always fighting each other.

>WB has had 6 DC treatments break even or lose money since 2004.

DC also has a movie that won an OSCAR FOR BEST PICTURE since 2004.

>>Muh teevee and halloween costume trillions

That number is not that off, you can make money out of Batman merch all year, every year while you make money out of the box office one during a short amount of time, is not rocket science.

For example, on merch alone Batman has made more money than all the Marvel movies put together

>DC also has a movie that won an OSCAR FOR BEST PICTURE since 2004.

B-b-but its kiino!!!!

Maybe the DCEU movies are just bad, user.

>CIS-Busters is a cinema masterpiece according to the Razzies.

>For example, on merch alone Batman has made more money than all the Marvel movies put together
1. Batman has been selling merchandise for over 50 years
2. You don't have any genuine figures to back this up. Just a feelin'.
3. Why does money made only matter when we're comparing Apples and Oranges, and not Box office?

Money, obviously.
These threads aren't wroth proofreading. We're going to have like 5 more today alone.

>he hasn't watched Dinesh films
I'm a Sup Forumstard and that Call Center reject is trying hard to copy Nazis

I mean they're both shit, do we really need to argue about which was shittier?

>Ghostbusters was not nominated for any Razzies
Proof the Razzies don't mean shit.

People had higher hopes for BvS, so when it turned out to be bad they were really upset.

And even if you wanted to count merchandise as some measure of quality there's no way to separate merchandise sales due to movies from every other media source like there is for characters without as much of a preexisting presence like Green Lantern or most of the Marvel guys.

Like, you can't say "Batman's movies are better! Hesells more toys!" if the "toy" in question is a copy of Arkham Knight. That doesn't mean people like the DCEU, that means they like the games.
Whereas when the Green Lantern movie toys collect dust and are a spectacular disaster, or Black Widow toys flat out don't move, we can better draw a parallel.

>, while also having better tv shows, video games, comics and animation.

THIS right here, this is why Disney is panicking and doing their best to try to make the DC brand look bad compared to them.

All Marvel has going on is box office money and critic praise that in these days doesnt mean anything since most movie critics never went to either film school or even achieved a degree on periodism, nothing, they can affect Rotten Tomatoes because they work for a popular website. Just look at Ghostbusters, the movie was a turd and according to critics the movie not much worse than Iron Man.

Movies with some problems like X-men Apocalypse get shitted on by critics while movies like Age of Ultron with even worse problems still get great reviews.

You don't have to be a genious to know that there is a bias in favor of Marvel Disney movies when it comes to movies cape movies that share similar elements to other Marvel Disney films.

That's why Lego Batman and Deadpool didn't got shitted on, Disney its not doing anything similar to those movies anytime soon while Apocalypse and BvS are similar to Avengers in scope.

TL;DR Marvel sucks at everything that is not making movies that make money while DC is better at everything else and even good at box office money too, so Disney is trying to make them look bad hiring shills, paying or influencing critics, appealing to tumblr by not having sexy girls showing skin on their movies, nobody being sexual anymore, etc

Oddly enough last week was the first time I had more DC on my pull list than Marvel since I began to buy single issues to help support my lcs.

A history of Violence was a really good movie too based on a DC comic, Marvel just doesn't have this caliber of storytelling on them

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_History_of_Violence

I haven't bought a Marvel comic since Vision ended. And it was the only book I was following.

No because those are movie with serious plots in which you have to pay attention in order to understand the plot and yet they are making blockbuster money, top 10 biggest movies of the year, etc.

That means that despite what critics and shills say, the movies have a fanbase, which means that they should be doing a lot of things right since brand recognition can only give you so much attention at the box office, movies with HUGE brand recognition like Avatar, Tranktastic 4 and Ghostbusters ended up badly at the box office because not even audiences liked the movies.

You can say what you will on your echoe chamber, but the DC universe is doing great, most people don't know about the stupid behind the scenes drama or the bullshit criticism like people dying in MoS.

>3. Why does money made only matter when we're comparing Apples and Oranges, and not Box office?

Because they are trying to sell merch out of the movies.

So GotG making a billion at the box office but selling like shit on everyhing that is not baby Groot means that people just don't like the movies that much beyond a flavot of the month kind of thing.

Ant-man made money, it good good reviews, but now? Nobosy gives a fuck, nobody knows who Scott Lang is, nobody bought the comic, nobody is going on halloween as Ant-man, etc.

So who cares about box office money if you are not really generating new fans?

And guess what? DC is actually selling merch based on their movies because they are focusing on more than wallmart toys (Like Marvel is doing)

This is why disney is panicking, in a couple of years people are going to get tired of the Marvel formula while DC is going to start new fresh takes on characters

Imagine how much attention they are going to get when they hire Edgar Wright to make a Teen Titans movie? Marvel is finished at that point!

>since brand recognition can only give you so much attention at the box office, movies with HUGE brand recognition like Avatar, Tranktastic 4 and Ghostbusters ended up badly at the box office because not even audiences liked the movies.
None of those are Batman and Superman though.

>the F4 are forgotten in the imaginary collective
Now that's sad.

Batman and Superman shit on the F4 in terms of popularity.

Let's be honest, outside the movies, what has Marvel going on?

The video games suck, their animation is shit 9 out of 10 times, the comics are going to be garbage for at least another year and even the Netflix shows are starting to lose their steam.

I think that the problem with Marvel since ALWAYS is that they do shit thinking about making money first, not making money via telling great stories like you should be doing.

Just look at the Disney cartoons with their photoshop tier backgrounds and stiff animation just to save money, Agents of Shit not having big and popular characters just to save money, the netflix shows getting shitty special effects specially in Jessica Jones just to save money, shitty cellphone tier video games being the only thing that they have right now and the lose lose scenario with the overshipping of comics, jesus fucks is Marvel ran by jews???

>not making money via telling great stories like you should be doing.
Didn't Vision sell terribly bad?

>is Marvel ran by jews???
The goyim know. Maybe should shut Marvel down.

Was humanity a mistake?

People don't buy good stories, if they did Flintstones (apparently);would be selling well as a number of other current comics.

So hey. I just got out of The Lego Batman Movie.

How is it that LEGO of all people made the most accurate and true-to-the-spirit Batman movie of all time?

>None of those are Batman and Superman though.

But they are big brands, a good Ghostbusters movie should have made half a billion while a shitty one didn't even made 250.

Even Batman begins made less that 500 million because people were still bitching about Batman and Robin being shit.

again, you can only make that much with brand recognition, even the Transformers movies in all their stupid tier comedy does a lot of things better than most movies when it comes to action scenes, having fast pase and characters easy to understand, literally the Marvel formula.

So yes, BvS making about 850 and SS about 750 are no accidents.

Belive it or not, a lot of peple would find weird the idea of the Joker and Batman villians being on a movie that is not called Batman something, let alone a movie with Suicide on the title

So it's good because it's popular?

>taking the razzies seriously
I thought the movie was shit, but who cares?

The Razzies are literally a parody award ceremony.

No, its popular because its good.

Ghostbusters was a really popular movie all over the world and it made shit at the box office because no one liked the film

So, by this logic, Bendis is a good writer?
Miles Morales is a good character?
Slott is a good writer?

>So, by this logic, Bendis is a good writer?

No because his comics don't sell and even the ones that do are based on inflated sales, relaunches and gimmicks, not real sales like the current Superman, Batman and even Suicide Squad books.

I'm about Razzie you out of existence.

>No because his comics don't sell
Except they do, and even if they don't they still sell/sold more than actually good Marvel books like Vision, did Vision sell so poorly because it was shit?

Miles Morales doesn't sell either and Slott sales ok, not enough to say that he is popular and Spider-man will always get sales based on brand recognition.

Now take Tom King, a way better writter working on Batman, a character who's popularity can rival Spider-man, bigger, constant and solid sales just based on being a better book.

>durr durr, Tom King on Batman is beyond SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! REEEEEE

He is good, but then again ''not perfect'' equals ''fucking shit!!!!!'' according to Sup Forums autismo

What do you mean, Bruce was retired, and obviously not living in the area at the time. Hence him flying into metropolis via a helicopter at the beginning of BvS, and Alfred commenting on him staying at the lake house, and the scene of him going back to the burnt down Wayne manor. Superman was the reason he returned to Gotham.

Literally the second Bruce touches down he starts doing shit.

There are valid complaints about BvS, but you being retarded is not one of them.

>Except they do, and even if they don't they still sell/sold more than actually good Marvel books like Vision

1- No, they don't sell because like all the marvel books, everything is going downhill after issue 2.
2-Marvel sucks at making people care about their characters, they have a good guy Vision learning about humanity in the movies and a Vision with a family in the comics so that's going to make new readers not care since is not what they just saw in the movies.
3- There is just no interest in some characters, period, even if they are well written.
The point was that having a popular character doesn't equal to always get sales

No Such thing as a bad character, only bad writing

King is the only reason why I'm currently pulling Batman after new 52's hot mess