What is "bad writing"?

What is "bad writing"?

Other urls found in this thread:

kazerad.tumblr.com/post/79245658199/life-in-the-middle-lane
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadWritingIndex
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Writing that isn't good.

It's what happens when writing is "poorly done".

Writing that portrays gorillas as anything other than stupid animals.

LOK
No, seriously - it's a lesson in how NOT to write.

kazerad.tumblr.com/post/79245658199/life-in-the-middle-lane

writing that I don't agree with

Uh, writing that fails to put a certain point across?

I need non-vague, rigorously analytic answers

go and pay for them
or just go on Tumblr

You're on the wrong board

Nobody has posted this yet!?
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadWritingIndex
Sup Forums I AM VERY DISAPPOINT

>TV Tropes
Dude, how would you post such Cringeworthy site it's Nightmare Fuel incarnate, almost Tearjerking.

>tvtropes
Go and stay go.

Writing that is bad, un-worldly, inelegant, without insight, without humanity, without any qualities that would be interesting to somebody who has been around, lazily appealing to the lowest common denominator or simply just plain not appealing.

It's actually useful for OP.
unlike your shitposts

>quote from Linkara at the very top of the page
Jesus Christ, no.

You're on Sup Forums.

That IS bad writing, but I don't think OP was asking for an example.

TL;DR
characters not behaving believably

>what are plot holes

Watch young justice. The entire show is horrible HORRIBLE writing.

Short answer: I don't fucking know. I'll find you and beat the shit out of you if you ever ask this shitty question again.

Long Answer: You're never going to get definite answers to a question this subjective and vague from anyone that isn't completely opinionated or biased. Bad writing can quite literally mean anything, likewise to good writing. What was considered bad writing yesterday could be considered good writing tomorrow. Bad writing for one piece of art can be good writing for another. It's ultimately up to the individual to decide what's good and what's bad and articulate their opinions.

Many cliches or incoherent.
However
it is sometimes used here when the author is pushing an agenda, although the writing idn't incoherent or uses cliches lightly

I can kind of tell when the writing is bad or good, but I don't know what exactly makes it good.

Same with photography and cinematography.

The resolution to the conflict in the finale of Avatar.

>I need a non-vague answer to a vague as shit question

Ao speaking from an analytic standpoint, there is no such thing as "bad" writing. Because everyones tastes are subjective.

If you jad to classify it somehow, bad writing just means that one of the several areas of fiction are not expanded on.

The plot may be missing a middle or an end.
Characters may be missing motivation or do something that doesnt make sense
Details are vague or again dont make any sense

But its all subjective tho

I thought everyone says YJ is even better than TT
Or is this bait?

No, it isn't bait. Sup Forums needs to realize the shows base was always very divided when it was on, and stop pretending it was somehow universally beloved.

Oh there is definitely such a thing as objective bad writing, the TVT index already linked to is a good starting point for that
What there often isn't is consensus whether said bad writing actually exists in specific media, and/or to what extent if so

It's bait. The show had great writing. Most people enjoyed it, some didn't.

Just because you don't like something doesn't make it of poor quality.

This is bad writing.

The post or the site?

Just because someone would enjoy that doesnt mean it isnt "bad"

You asked a shitty vague question, you get a shitty vague answer. Yiu can adk what makes for good LEEPEST DORR, or what makes for good female characters or what makes for good Very Special Episodes but there are entire fields of study devoted to answering what good writing is.

What is the goal of writing? To impress? To express? To distress? Your answer is going to have an impact on your judgement.

1.Writing that lacks structure appropriate for the medium (tv writing for a book,etc)
2.Writing that has no tone or flavor, sometimes using inappropriate descriptors, for example saying "street was full of meat vapors" when you want to describe a market in a positive light.
3. writing that has no internal consistency

YJ is ok(has its own problems) but its not better than TT
post, its "go and stay gone"

>"street was full of meat vapors"
Sounds like something Rorschach would say.

>It's bait. The show had great writing. Most people enjoyed it
You are straight up delusional, son.

true. That is kind of my point, if you want to go for dark Rorschach style mood, you don't use happy words and if you want to go for a happy mood you don't use Rorschach words.

>The show had great writing.
I like the show but come on. most of the plots went nowhere (like superboys anger issues) time skip fucked everything. most stand alone stuff was garbage, anything with apache chief and his friends (you know there is a problem when "Secrets" is one of the better ones.

Read the current Superwoman ongoing

It will all become clear

I just realized I confused Young Justice with Justice League
That's the one everyone says is better than TT

If it says 'Dean Koontz' on the cover.

justice league unlimited is better in the general lore sense but it lacks interpersonal connections of TT

Comes in many forms. But the big 3 are:

>Lack of theme.
>Lack of conflict, or conflict that gets resolved without effort.
>Characters who are not believable or interesting.

or Robert Kirkman

fuck me. this.
it's actually hard to read it. it's a chore. I've never seen dialogue so convoluted and incoherent (also the story sucks)

Came here to post dis.

BUMP
where is OP
was this bait

>plots went nowhere
This isn't valid criticism of an unfinished work. It was unexpectedly cancelled.