Would he work as an antagonist in Star VS?

Would he work as an antagonist in Star VS?

He was actually good though.
Invader Zim was told from the perspective of the bad guy.
Star and Marco are (basically) good.
You'd have to make him a rival or give him a conflicting goal.

He would only make sense there if he was trying to prove something's existence. Everyone and their second cousin twice removed knows about Mewmans.

Uh no, Dib is not good, he's a tool and an asshole. Just because he's wants to save the Earth doesn't mean he also has more selfish ulterior motives. In this case he wants praise and validation for being right about his obsessions.

Dib would make for a good Crystal Gem

How?

Not another mexican character please

He'd just have Ronaldo's job, wouldn't he? At least he's be less obnoxious than Ronaldo.

>less obnoxious than Ronaldo
You need to rewatch Invader Zim user

Nothing you said makes him less the "good" guy
He is doing good for a selfish asshole reason, but he still is doing "good" or at least doesnt actively want to do harm and doesnt actively want to hurt people on purpose
Dib works best when his morality is skewed, yes, but he still is "good"

In a world of idiots, people taking advantage of idiots, and literal aliens wanting to take over the world, it takes someone with incredibly selfless *or* selfish reasons to want to save the idiots, dib is the later.

No normal sane person would want to save IZ-earth, dib is the only "hero" they could ever get.

He'd be an actual threat to the Crystal Gems.

No, his entire character revolves around being a crazed conspiracy theorist who happens to be correct, but no one believes him despite the obvious truth about Zim.

Star and her magic are not secret, and generally accepted by the town. Her fellow students even praise her for her magical abilities. Dib's neurotic goals would be out of place.

Zim is a bad guy, but he's still the protagonist (and Dib the antagonist). Ebenezer Scrooge is a dick, but he's still the protagonist of his story, not Bob Cratchit.

I could see him trying to stole the wand because he belive that its going to help earth

Maybe he could work as a lex luthor villain, he fear star and the entire multiverse saying that she is a alien and earth is for humans

He's Dipper on 5 packs a day

In Invader Zim he's the only one aware of the supernatural.
In Star vs the Forces of Evil the supernatural, while not common knowledge, is accepted incredibly fast for comedy's sake.
So, no. A vital part of his character is failing to convince people of the existence of the supernatural. If everyone is aware of it and they don't care then Dib has nothing to stand on.
He could work on a show like Gravity Falls, though, even if only slightly better.

He's much smarter than Rolando and I'd argue most of the Steven Universe cast. Perks that come with being a clone of the world's most intelligent man.

He would most likely work with the Gems to stop Homeworld, because they're the threat

>He is doing good for a selfish asshole reason, but he still is doing "good" or at least doesnt actively want to do harm and doesnt actively want to hurt people on purpose.

You should read the comics then, in one issue he allows Zim to abduct an internet troll who was making fun of him for experiments and in another, Dib gets a guy shot into space by Zim because he refuse to lose a petty feud. Lets not forget the whole Piggy Incident where he places a curse on Gaz just to see if it works and never once apologizes to her face for it. Dib is not a good person. He's a "Idiot Hero" who thinks he's doing "good" simply because the other guy is the "bad guy".

Dib only works in a status quo premise where his failure to achieve progress causes him to become as insane and morally ambiguous as his percieved threats to society, in order to justify his "lone wolf" status.

In Star Vs. Dib would likely at first be Rinaldo lite, gradually becoming a Nothin Personnel as his gaze shifts on the real enemies, ultimately fucking shit up for the heroes.

I wouldn't put it past him, to do so, actually.

>Incident where he places a curse on Gaz just to see if it works and never once apologizes to her face for it
But he does apologize. He gets on his knees and begs the Pig Spirit to punish him instead and leave his little sister alone (even though she wasn't in any danger and just let him sacrifice himself out of spite.)

All he does in front of her is beg the Pig Demon to take the punishment, he finally apologizes when he's actually doing the punishment and Gaz had already left.

He would eventually turn on the Gems to prove aliens exist. Reminds me of a Zim/Gravity Falls fanart where Dib becomes friends with Dipper only to get his hands of the Journals.

>All he does in front of her is beg the Pig Demon to take the punishment, he finally apologizes when he's actually doing the punishment and Gaz had already left.
Maybe it's just me, but offering yourself to take the bullet for someone else who is suffering the consequences of your mistake is as valid as an apology.

>He would eventually turn on the Gems to prove aliens exist. Reminds me of a Zim/Gravity Falls fanart where Dib becomes friends with Dipper only to get his hands of the Journals.
Dib making a friend? Christ, talking about suspension of disbelief.

I have hence my putting "good" in quotes and saying
>"Dib works best when his morality is skewed, yes, but he still is "good" "

He slips up, he is flawed, but he is still "good" when compared to the rest of the setting/world he lives in.

Compared to other shows, he would be a pretty horrible, petty person, but in his own show his flaws are almost universally shared with the entire human species, meaning his virtues (whether stemming from selfish reasons or not) means he's still the closest thing to morally "good" in that entire series (besides maybe members of the resisty or other minor characters)

You need to rewatch SU, user.

Dib fucking sucks. Zim would be the better adversary for Star. Just have Zim kill the Owl (I don't watch that much star vs to know all the characters names) with the help of Gir and boom shenanigans and lots of yelling ensure

Gaz didn't even have to take the punishment since she made friends with the Pig Demon. Dib might as well be getting a direct punishment himself since there was nothing to sacrifice himself for.

Your pretty much confirming my argument that you only see Dib as good because he see's himself as a hero. Hell, Zim has save the Earth more times then Dib has.

Why would Dib be an antagonist?