>there is literally nothing wrong with the third act of Sunshine
>Jackie Brown is Tarantino's only good flick
>Emma Stone is the least deserving Oscar win of all time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1yrH4qS2RA&t=3s#t=4m58s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want both of those fingers up my asshole to the knuckles

>op is butthurt and trying to feel better by making this thread
What pissed you off, op? Is it that new app the removes women's makeup? That's it, isn't it?

Alien > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Aliens > Alien: Ressurrection > Alien: Covenant

I'm not even mad, I'm just glad you watched the movies

>Cruise Mummy is better than Mummy Returns, as it doesn't directly copy 1999 Mummy scheme.
Fuck You and Your family-firendly kids "kino".

I think Jackie Brown is his best one.

The Walking Dead is entertaining to watch. Nothing spectacular but a good entertaining watch.

That's my ranking as *Alien* movies. As *movies in their own right*: Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 = Prometheus > Alien: Ressurrection = Alien: Covenant

Patton Oswalt is one of the greatest comedians of all time.

TFA despite its fan service pandering was a decent flick and I’m excited for The Last Jedi.

Rick and Morty is one of the top three shows Adult Swim has aired.

MDE are painfully unfunny garbage outside of Ideas Man.

Cara Delavigne is attractive.

Marge Vs The Monorail is the most overrated Simpsons episode.

Knight of Cups is the most visionary movie ever made

Trying to sleep with a dog in your bed is not comfy. They just slowly push you out and you feel terrible trying to move them away.

this

For me it's Alien > Aliens > Alien Covenant > Alien3 > Prometheus > Alien Resurrection > AVP > Shit > AVP:R
Still can't believe how badly they fucked up AVP:R.

Say hello to your wife's son for me

You should try upsetting people with your well-thought out opinions and arguments and not literal bait.

All of these are true except that the matrix movies are all dogshit

>Oswalt WAS one of the greatest comedians of all time.

Fixed that for you. His bit on KFC famous bowls alone is enough to put him in the hall of fame but he hasn't been that funny in a decade.

t. embyo

prove me wrong

Also there is no comfy way to spoon with a girl. You either get hair all in your face, or she puts it up in a bun and you have to push that out of the way. Not to mention your arm is 100% going to fall asleep at some point and you're not allowed to move that much to begin with.

Well I wouldn't know about that.

>Eva Green is ugly and a bad actress

>I want both of those fingers up my asshole to the knuckles

I want both those arms up your asshole to the elbows, like she's trying to help a pregnant cow give birth.

I want Eva Green to kick me in the balls and mock me. That's my opinion.

Star wars 5>4>7>6>r1>1>3>2

Logan>>>>>>First class>DoFP=X1=X2>The Wolverine=Apocalypse>X3=Wolverine Origins

>Elder God tier
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
>Pretty Good tier
Iron Man (2008)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
Deadpool (2016)
>Ok tier
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Doctor Strange (2016)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
>eh, okayish tier
Iron Man 2 (2010)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
>Meh tier
Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
Ant-Man (2015)
Thor (2011)
>Bad tier
The Incredible Hulk (2008)

OFFICIAL STARTER RANKING (all stages included)
>Elder God tier
Cyndaquil, Lotad, Oshawott, Froakie, Rowlet
>Great tier
Charmander, Chimchar, Turtwig
>Ok tier
Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Torchic, Mudkip, Treecko, Snivy
>Meh tier
Pikachu, Piplup, Popplio
>"I trusted you would grow up to be good, traitor" aka "You were my brother, Anakin... I loved you" tier
Squirtle, Chespin
>Bad tier
Totodile
>"Should not be pokemon, fuck off" tier
Tepig, Fennekin, Litten

Nah.
I can have one, and sometimes two of my puppers in the bed with me and my wife.
But if the third jumps up they all gotta' go.

The Force Awakens isn't NEARLY as bad as most plebs here says
In fact they were so intent on hating this movie that they missed out on a lot of the storytelling
TFA has alot more under the surface that isn't too easy to pick up on

I've never seen someone with a taste as similar to mine.
Star Wars is spot on.
We share the general same feelings towards Pokemon.
Put Thor: The Dark World lower and I'm fully content instead of pleasently pleased.

The Matrix is a shitty, stupid movie. It also utilized and ushered in everything that is wrong with modern film editing. Manchildren have made it sacred because they saw it during their early adolescence or childhood and thought that the retarded "muh cool leather jackets and dorky wraparound sunglasses" were oh-so-cool.
Seriously. It's such a ridiculous, cheesy movie.
If it came out today you guys would tear it to shreds.

most sensible star wars ranking ive seen.

Traps are gay

You know *that* scene in the Daredevil movie... the one with the guy going up the escalator while metal guitar riffs play in the background? That scene?
Yeah.
The entire Matrix movie is on par with that scene.
Goofy as fuck.

Christopher Nolan is one of the top 5 directors currently working

The only correct opinion

My old dogs used to sleep on the end of the bed

Chappie is actually kino

O I AM LAFFIN

I guess you if you like every single piece of dialogue being expository and having the entire film treat you like a fucking moron who cannot follow even the simplest of plots.

He should be a DP or something.

The LOTR movies are fucking awful, but the books are underrated in a literary sense.

With the growth of the mind horror movies come first but then eventually most movies become unbearable without alcohol or a friend.

Stranger Things season 1 was damn good.

Stranger Things season 2 was fucking awful.

It Comes at Night was the best movie to come out this year and in a while, and is so much fucking better than anyone (even the director) realizes.

Sam Hyde is a genius. If you think genius means smart person, then come back later. See this video for literally 45 seconds in a man's entire work that outperforms everything else on youtube. youtube.com/watch?v=Q1yrH4qS2RA&t=3s#t=4m58s

Sci-fi is to the modern american as chivalric romances were to Don Quixote

RLM is alright. Mike and Jay are the only ones consistently tolerable.

Oshawott, Chimchar need to be lower. Totodile, Squirtle, Pikachu, and Bulbasaur need to be higher. That being said...

You're a fucking nerd.

pic related

2049>BR

The Star Wars Prequals were kino.

>can't enjoy things without other people or alcohol
art death, thy name is normalfag

Sup Forums is a shit board. Even reddit has better film and tv discussions. Sup Forums is just contrarian for the sake of contrarianism, thats why Sup Forums likes critics like Armond White.

>Recent Malick is better than old Malick
>Villeneuve is barely mediocre
>The prequels are underrated
>Stalker is Tarkovsky's weakest film
>Mulholland Drive is Lynch's weakest film; Inland Empire and FWWM are his masterpieces
>Korine is smart and a good director
>PTA has gotten better with each film he's made
>dePalma makes great set pieces but generally terrible films
>End of Evangelion is not a good film or conclusion to NGE
>Citizen Kane is not underrated

> sci-fi, Don Quixote, etc
Interesting, could you elaborate a little?

>yfw the alien was planning to be the only survivor
>so it could get all the bonuses

The point of the thread was to upset brainlets and plebs, not out yourselves as one. These are not controversial or intelligent opinions, they are basic and commonly held, particularly by the very people this thread should be targeting

>Sam Hyde is a genius. If you think genius means smart person, then come back later. See this video for literally 45 seconds in a man's entire work that outperforms everything else on youtube. youtube.com/watch?v=Q1yrH4qS2RA&t=3s#t=4m58s

Genius means 'highly motivated'. It has connotations of smart, but that's only because you can work to be smarter and geniuses do.

>why not butthurt the patricians?
>who hold onto their butts so preciously?

Blade Runner 2049 is pleb shit for the Inception generation

>we upset the brainlets
>matrix
>alien 3
>sunshine
>emma stone
lol

I agree with most, except Korine is shit

>the point of the thread was to upset brainlets and plebs

Mission accomplished, fellas

I more or less agree with just about everything you said except the LOTR stuff.

It Comes At Night is super underrated on here, I wouldn't go so far as to call it the best movie of the decade or anything but its a solid 8.7/10.

Did you see Julien Donkey Boy? I don't think his films are masterpieces or anything. But he himself is very smart and knows a lot about movies and has pretty interesting ideas on making them. He's also really funny

basically, Don Quixote is obsessed with chivalric romances to the point of thinking he's a knight and that his entire life is a book. The entire novel (except for at the end where he comes to the realization before he dies) is him going around with his sidekick fighting windmills he thinks are giants, starting brawls with men he thinks have wronged his Dulcinea Del Toboso. Everyone sees Quixote as crazy, because he is, and a few people throughout the novel feel sympathy. In one of the more unlocking passages a character says that Don Quixote would be an otherwise eloquent and great man, if it weren't for his love and belief in these chivalric romance novels. Giants don't exist. Knighthood as it was known is not practiced as it was centuries ago. Quixote is living a fantasy life.

This is where my theory comes in. There might be articles on this already. I would be surprised if there weren't, and even happy, because that could be my in. The gist: people today view science fiction movies and see things like spaceships in distant galaxies and Mathew McConaughey's daughter starting a new planet and androids and thinking to themselves it's so possible that it practically exists right now, leaving us a heavy interlacement between movies and pop space sci-fi (think Neil Degrasse Tyson fans five years ago, and someone else to this day). It's not even that these people don't believe in God, it's that they quite literally believe in something that isn't real. t. former atheist.

i wouldn't entirely disagree. However, "highly motivated" doesn't do it justice. They're highly motivated because they're channeling some next level shit--literally sensibility, objectivity, universality, instinct, and most importantly, imagination, if we listen to Schopenhauer in his essay On Genius.

And if i'm being honest, i only half-ass watched LOTR spread out through my life. I'd hang out with ya.

How far does the rabbit hole go?

>Southland Tales is one of the greatest movies made this century
>The Lord of the Rings movies aren't that good and completely botch Tolkien's tone.
>Michael Bay is one of the most skilled directors alive
>John Wick is a stupid, childish movie and will be remembered as the Boondock Saints of its time
>Blade Runner is only good for its aesthetics
>Dennis Villenueve has only made terrible movies
>Love Exposure was a masterpiece

Excellent post

I think i agree with this.

There are mores sensible opinions here than retarded ones.

Look up an essay by the science-fiction writer R.A. Lafferty called 'The Ten Thousand Masks of the World'. He pretty effectively diagnoses why science-fiction will always be popular and why so much of everything is garbage. As for finding it here's a hot tip, if you aren't retarded you can find his complete non-fiction works for free if you look up 'Summa Risus'.

Back to back nigger.

>black people
>like dogs

wat

Asuka > Misato > Rei > everyone else

Rebuild is garbage and non-canon.

Out of all ten Oscar wins you've actually seen. Sure bud.

>i wouldn't entirely disagree. However, "highly motivated" doesn't do it justice. They're highly motivated because they're channeling some next level shit--literally sensibility, objectivity, universality, instinct, and most importantly, imagination, if we listen to Schopenhauer in his essay On Genius.

>you don't belong in this time
>it's for everyone

TERRIFIC POST

She is the best wonder woman :3

You might believe some of that, OP, but nobody believes all of that

God damn it fuck you!

... I agree but I don't want to.

Okay but Batfleck is the best part of the DCEU

Avatar is a masterpiece and probably the greatest film of this century.

90% of "news" stories are completely fabricated and this includes 9/11, space exploration, mass shootings, serial killers, O.J. Simpson, nuclear weapons, ISIS, ISIL, al-quaeda, terrorism and nearly any big international event.

If someone has never watched a Marvel movie its better to start with Captain America rather than the original Iron Man.

You can safely tell them to skip both Iron Man sequels which are as bad as DC movies but get at most 1% of the shit talk.

Marvel Movies are completely guided by fans expectations and any creative control it appears they have is Feige demanding that the movies meet what Disney thinks will net them the most money and keep fans happy. The secret is to also make a good movie with professionally and systematically made plotlines which covers up the cynicism.

It is not necessary to be a film historian any longer because everything ever well made has been rehashed chopped and copied by more successful filmmakers than you. What is better is to subvert the current trends and not use history to help you because it will only cause you to copy.

You can't fight it user, just give in. Don't deny your love for her :3

Gadot has no charisma like most of the new DC lineup.

She does off screen, but even I'll admit she can't act.

First time I have seen someone post my exact opinion. Except I don't consider AVP shit worth mentioning, they are just fan service shit.

iron man 3 is better than most other MCU and DC movies

please be in Roterdam, I'll buy you a beer
>You're a fucking nerd.
I didn't type this all out, I've saved most in a paste
lol what
whenever i post that SW or MCU list i get booed out of the thread and called a mouse shill
Sup Forums thinks that CW is among the worst MCU movies and that star wars OT>R1>PT>shit with pus and aids>new trilogy

>the only good world war 2 series is Generation War, Band of brothers and the Pacific in comparison are okay-tier
>Thelma is the best movie to come out this year but no one even went to see it. It is even more ignored than BR49.
>lars von trier's depression trilogy only makes sense if you view all of the lead female roles as self inserts for Trier.

I'm with you except for patton

rick and morty isn't even in the top 10 shows adult swim has aired you moron

Jennifer Lawrence is the least deserving Oscar win of all time. Check yourself.

This is a terribly boring movie. Not even scary or suspenseful in the slightest.

>"unironic"
>calls others brainlets
Lol

The only good bug is a lady bug.

Stay mad fag. Emma Stone deserved oscar more than one face all the time Affleck for HIS one dimensional performance, or these niggers from secondary categories. She acted every fucking emotion in that movie
-comedy scenes
-romance scenes
- vulnerable scenes
- fight scenes
- dramatic scenes
- dance
- singing
-dance and singing

SHE FUCKING ACTED IN ONE MOVIE, more than many actors will do in their entire careers
She also destroyed Portman and Huppert all year long. SAG, BAFTA'S, VENICE, AACTA, GOLDEN GLOBE, OSCARS and many smaller awards.

Starship Troopers is a great movie

>the Matrix sequels are better than the first one
>Jackie Brown is Tarantino's only good flick
You're a retard.

>there is literally nothing wrong with the third act of Sunshine
Have you watched every Oscar-winning film? Do you honestly find the third act of Sunshine to be entirely flawless? It's 100% perfect to you? Don't generalise so hard, it makes you look like even more of a retard.

>Alien 3 is a good film
Sure, I'll give you that.

Spiderman and Spiderman 2 are the only good spiderman movies in existence and toby mcguire plays a perfect high school nerd

put a pillow between her head and your arm friendo

that is literally the most popular Sup Forums opinion you fag

t.sleeps in a twin bed

>matrix sequels better than the first
Well, yeah, but that's like saying my next shits were less smelly than my first shit

>alien 3
>good
Ehhh did you watch it? Like without falling asleep or wondering if you put in the right movie?

>Emma Stone
>Oscar
What did she win it for again? La La land? If so yeah you're right, doesn't deserve that one

The Matrix stole most of its good ideas from Blade, which released a year earlier, then reproduced them on the set of Dark City, another better film on the same theme.

Unpopular opinion: Chappie is a perfectly decent film with a lacklustre ending.

Not a great Spider-man though.

They gave Spidey all the right ACTIONS, but the dialog was awful. He's supposed to be trolling his opponent constantly whether it's a serious fight or not.

watching movies is for pathetic fucking pieces of shit.

he was awkward as shit, it was perfect

>What did she win it for again? La La land? If so yeah you're right, doesn't deserve that one

She definitely deserved more than any other woman in her category. Huppert entire movie was fucking the same, she was cold, not natural at all. Portman was out of race after she lost VENICE, BAFTA AND SAG With Stone, and when she lost GG to Huppert.

She had also the strongest movie, with best reviews, most awards, most box office. Portman Jackie and Huppert Elle was shit, same with their un-memorable performances.

He was the best Peter Parker.

And the worst Spider-man.

>I guess you if you like every single piece of dialogue being expository.

Being hyperbolic like this makes your argument look weaker than it is. Also his movies like Dunkirk, Memento, have only normal levels of exposition.

>having the entire film treat you like a fucking moron who cannot follow even the simplest of plots.

Only insecure idiots try to link someone's intelligence with movies.

Do something worthwhile in STEM , Banking ,entrepreneurship, etc... or something worthwhile in life if you want to talk about intelligence.

r/movies is pretty shit. I would say as bad as tv. r/truefilm while better has very low membership and don't tolerate discussion of pop movies.

I don't know how la la land got good reviews. Weren't they told to specifically sing badly? I don't know, but it wasn't enjoyable

Singing and dancing was fine, natural, from heart. this is actually big reason why LLL was such a success, because audience connected to main characters.

i agree with all of those. you are a patrician OP