Why the fuck hasn't this been turned into some kind of miniseries? I know, I know...

Why the fuck hasn't this been turned into some kind of miniseries? I know, I know, "Endless trash" and all that but I'll be damned if the main Bioshock universe I haven't played Infinite yet, sue me isn't one of the most creative and unique universes in modern fiction.

Dont worry
Infinite is shit

But there was rumors about a movie for bioshock

Yeah, I remember hearing that Gore Verbinski was in charge back in '08 but thats about it.
as much as I love the first two games, I don't think Jack is interesting enough of a protag, and Subject Delta as the main character would just be fucking impossible.
If they did a miniseries based on the Rapture book, it'd probably turn out alright.

I will prefer mini-story around rapture

there's a lot of intrigue in the Rapture setting, and a lot of characters to explore it with, mainly Andrew Ryan.

Miniseries taking place before the fall of Rapture could work. Not really action packed but subdued, finding out more about Andrew Ryan, have some brief glimpses into Big Daddy/Little Sister stuff, the differing political opinions etc.

Would be comfy

my point exactly. I feel like they didn't do enough with the Dr Suchong character in the game so he'd be a fun character to see being a fucking despotic scumfuck on screen.

Because the reason Bioshock was a great story was because it was a video game and it is literally impossible to translate what made it great into a non-interactive medium, lot alone a non-interactive medium that lacks the context in which the game was released.

Infinite is a pile of dog shit don't even play it. Bioshock 2 is probably my favorite game of all time and infinite took a giant shit on the first 2. Also , all video game movies suck so please leave Bioshock untouched. Infinite already did enough damage.

Infinite is literally the best game of the series, you piece of shit.

I want to jump on the Infinite hate train. Fuck was it bad. Worst gameplay I ever had to deal with.

which is why I posted the prequel novel. it's less "videogamey" and more "personal political drama" It'd just work better as a show or miniseries than adapting any of the games.

50 Shekels have been deposited into your account.

>muh steampunk
>what do y-you mean it's derivative?
>w-who's joules verne?

>city sank by greed and hubris
vs
>city deliberately put under water by greedy idiot to be a utopia to other greedy idiots

Infinite is the best game in the series if you like WOAHSOTRIPPY storylines and waifus. The gameplay an level design is flaming dogshit compared to 1 and 2
Don't get me wrong man, it's a solid 7 and better than most of the games put out now. But it's really not a good Bioshock game. I fucking hate it since it has the Bioshock name attached to it.

>joules

the only thing that interests me about infinite is the design of it all. Columbia just piques my interest, personally.

I liked that I didn't have to hide my power level in Columbia, felt comfy until the Vox fucked everything up with their revolution.

Because there's no way to "do it justice," so your best case scenario is spending $200 million to make a movie while people sperg all over you online. That, and Take Two structured the deal so that it's almost impossible to get anything done. Not that they're wrong. Their IP is theoretically valuable as fuck, and there's no reason to damage it with a shitty adaptation.

It's just money. Studios will make a Bioshock movie for $80 million. Gore Verbinski wanted $200 million. Prince of Persia was a $185 million movie that underperformed. Warcraft was a $160 million domestic joke saved by the chinks. The perception is that no matter how much you spend making a videogame movie, it'll always give the impression of cheap entertainment domestically, and 1940s American art-deco doesn't seem obviously well-suited for the international market.

tl;dr, Take Two doesn't want a miniseries; they want a movie done right, and unless somebody like Leonardo DiCaprio says he wants to do it, nobody's going to spend the $150 million plus to make a hard R rated video game movie.

Ayn Rand related movies dont sell very well.

I thought Infinite was decent until I replayed the first two. I mean, it's not awful but it shouldn't have been called Bioshock. It had nothing to do with Rapture

my favorite is still Bioshock 2 and the Minerva's Den DLC, not being able to wield plasmids AND a gun in the first one is so unsatisfying

Pitch it to HBO

And also, Valerian flopped and Blade Runner 2049 underperformed. Both were meant to launch franchises, and people lost a lot of money. There just aren't enough people hanging around to spend $150+ million on a sci-fi franchise, especially when it seems like a really good way to lose your shirt.

Maybe Take Two will start thinking about a Westworld type show, which would sell in an instant. Amazon paid a supposed $250 million for the rights to Lord of the Rings. That's not how much they're spending on the show, that's just how much they spent for the adaptation rights. Two hundred and fifty million dollars. That's unreal. The budget for Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy was just north of $280 million. And Amazon spent $250 million just to be allowed to make a series. And it only cost that much because Netflix and HBO were right there with them bidding.

Take Two just isn't interested in television. They want a big movie, but they're also more than content with nothing.

Basically a movie about all the audio tapes you find in Rapture, yeah I'd watch that

>Bioshock
>Creative

It could have been if it didn't shove its head up its ass. Seriously, how do you fuck up such a cool premise?

Games to tv/movies doesn't work. You can't take something that's entire fucking point is interactivity then remove all interactivity.

You can if the story is good

ehhh, my takeaway is that Bioshock gave the finger to Rand's ideologies of objectivism and basically pointed out how that shit is doomed to fail from the beginning.

2 was a shitload of fun. I didn't mind revisiting a lot of the same areas, because it was in a somewhat different context., And thusly made me look at Rapture from a couple of different angles, which is kinda cool.

I don't disagree with your observation. if Take Two wants it done right, they'll wait for someone to come along and do it right, and I can't really fault them for that. I didn't know Verbinski wanted $200mil for his version. but I feel like that'd be about the right amount of money to do something as grandiose as Rapture.

>I haven't played Infinite yet, sue me
Why would I sue you for avoiding trash games?

Yeah, it would have been pretty sweet. John Logan - the guy who wrote Any Given Sunday, Gladiator, Skyfall, Star Trek Nemesis, created Penny Dreadful, etc - wrote it, and Gore Verbinski was first going to direct, but yeah, cross purposes. Take Two wanted an expensive R-rated movie; Universal wanted it to either be PG-13 and/or relatively cheap, especially after seeing Watchmen shoot for roughly the same audience and underperform.

Oh. Then because nobody gives a shit about books based on video games obviously.

To do a bioshock movie properly it would have to be the most expensive R rated movie ever made. Mad Max and Blade Runner both had big budgets though so who knows if a studio would think a videogame adaptation is less of a risk than a sequel to a cult film from the 80s

honestly, because I thought Infinite was well-liked.

and now that everyone and their grandma is making mass-appeal Hard-R shit again, I wouldn't be surprised if the project gets revived. I feel like Joe Johnston would be a suitable choice for director as well, given that his two best films are set in the 40s.

It'd still work, though. You gotta admit that much.

>Steve Buscemi as Sander Cohen
nigga, are you me? because playing the first game and reading the Rapture book, he just screams Buscemi at me. I read all of his fuckin' dialogue in his voice too.

>2 was a shitload of fun. I didn't mind revisiting a lot of the same areas, because it was in a somewhat different context., And thusly made me look at Rapture from a couple of different angles, which is kinda cool.
I really liked the rundown, rotting Rapture. Dionysus Park is still my favorite level of all three games, by far

It was also a lot of fun in the multiplayer. Arcadia was pretty fuckin' awesome too.