How can someone be so based

How can someone be so based

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/game-thrones-star-stephen-dillane-7573230
mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/ian-mcshane-tells-game-thrones-7559609
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tywin and him would have made Westeros into a prosperous utopia the envy of the world. Why couldn't best guys team up and save western civilization?

>is a loyal bannerman until he realises robb is a rabid wolf
>leads the bulk of the army for most of the war
>almost BTFO's tywin at the green fork
>saves the army from routing and retreats in good order
>captures Harrenhal in the most ingenius way possible
>flays captured lannisters and tallharts and tyrells alive
>everyone goes silent whenever he speaks
>sends his son to defend the north from the ironborne
>singlehandedly saves the north and the riverlands from being wiped out by joffrey by killing robb and his stacey mom at the red wedding
>restores winterfell
>"a peaceful land, a quiet people"
>scolds his psycho son for his excessive flaying
>brings peace to the north
>starkniggers will still hate him for it
How can someone be so, ultimately based?

>almost btfo tywin
yeah no, he was a distraction so that Robb can attack jaime unaware

>Capture Harrenhall
he didnt do shit, Arya freed the prisoners, he just arrived

>brings peace to the north
half of the north wants him dead, some are actually doing somthing about it like the manderlys, the starks ruled the north for thousands of years

still a great character though, hope he doesn't die in the books (if he does dont tell me im almost gonna finish them)

Don't worry. Aegon and Daenerys will save Westeros.

>antagonizes his psycho son, whom he knows is a psychopath

Roose's love of trolling is why he was poisoned by his enemies.

>arya frees the prisoners
But the sellswords inside the castle were also in a secret deal with Bolton to kill the lannister garrison and enable Bolton to enter the fort

>half the north wants him dead
They want their rabid young wolf to take their men out again south and leave them to the ironmen, or they want the wolf to bring his war to their home and have their cities razed by tywin and joffrey while he stays alive? Roose prevented those things from happening. The lords in the north are retarded and ungrateful and are probably pissed only for Eddard. Otherwise some Starks before ned were cruel and barbaric.

He doesn't die

They teamed up after Stannis lost at the blackwater.
"I'm not a man to be undone, ser", that's what he said when the Freys told him that Tywin is gonna double back north and come for them, they decided to remove the starks before the loyalists crossed the trident.

>chubby chaser

He got was what coming to him.

*what was*

Didn't the actor hate the show?

which actors don't hate it besides a few supporting characters and emilia. they all seem to want to do something else.

As far as I know, Stephen Dilane (Stannis) didn't get the show from the very beginning.

You are seriously lying.

mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/game-thrones-star-stephen-dillane-7573230
>when you portray a strong character but you're actually a manchild

>this is what Roose actually looked like
Do you think show bolton was an upgrade or not?
What about other characters who look different from the show?

>Sup Forums likes honor
>also likes roose
???

idk if the vampire edgelord think would've worked, might seem a bit too obvious

really makes me think

thinking about it this way, it really is true

the guy was literally murdered.

thats a metaphor for something and it wouldnt agree with op candy-man

the shows are not canon you filthy casual

well we're on Sup Forums not /lit/

What a pretentious douche.

is this the daddy issues general?

One can never know

I love Stephen Dillane;s acting so much but he's an asshole

The voice was good enough to carry Show Bolton for me.

He's described as having a very ordinary face in the books. Mainly I wish they'd just kept his colors and attire from the books. Otherwise Show Roose is also good, even if he is dialed back in the creep factor.

He was gold digging though.

compared to most of the freys the fat one wasn't too bad looking

Roose Bolton is based as fuck and I hope he somehow survives the siege of Winterfell.

Roose Bolton a bolt-on?
Immortal vampire creature?

Reminder that this board is Sup Forums and as such this is a place to discuss the TV show, not whine about the books. Whining about books makes you a bed-wetter.

Examples of bed-wetting behaviour -

Genuinely believing Stannis is still alive (delusional beyond belief)
Mentioning "Darkstar" (whatever that is)
Trying to cast or droning on about characters that will obviously not even appear in the show
Referring to the White Walkers as "Others"
Crying about some goofy zombie Cat Stark story being removed
Calling the Three Eyed Raven "Bloodraven" like a complete oaf
Saying "Dabid"
Not realising that saying "frogfu" is as beta as it gets
Whining about 104 year old Barristan Selmy being outnumbered and killed
Bringing up Reddit in any context
Using terms like "bookfag", "showpleb", "normies" or any cringeworthy variant

Please stick to discussing all the good and bad aspects of the TV show only. No bed-wetting.

If any of this post upsets you please do not whine like a child, kindly piss off to /lit/ and try not to weep when you get bullied.

man I haven't seen this one in ages

Why is Stephen a manchild? Are yourself not a manchild?

Muscle weighs more than fat though. If he wanted gold he should have gone for a musclebound freak like gal gadot.

No it doesn't you fucking philistine. 3lbs of muscle = 3lbs of fat. Fat takes up more room is all; muscle is less dense.

i dont think house frey had any of those on offer

BOW YA SHITS

>singlehandedly saves the north and the riverlands from being wiped out by joffrey
Robb was winning the war you disloyal fool.

he ended up being outnumbered like 4:1

why would he betray the winning side?

Nooo it cannot be true, it can't, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!

>Roose's love of trolling is why he was poisoned by his enemies.
Huh?

>or they want the wolf to bring his war to their home and have their cities razed by tywin and joffrey
Literally impossible. Even if they managed to pass the neck somehow, they would need to maintain supply lines to the north intact to not starve or freeze to death.

>robb was winning the war
>literally has less than 6,000 against more than 100-150,000 possible enemies
>orders a mass retreat to the north before Tywin marches to fuck him up
showfags, everyone.
Robb was a pretentious fag who won the battles, but not the war. He should've put Bolton in command after he reached Moat Cailin like his mother told him to. There's a difference between tacticsniggers and strategists, one wins battles and one wins wars. Tywin was a strategist, and he won his war.

>literally impossible
Aegon did it once you fucktard
The North did it too, how do you think Robb marched his army all the way to a few cities from King's landing?
>even if they press the neck
The neck is one of eddard's many exaggerations. Moat Cailin was an abandoned ruin for thousands of years at that point. a few ironmen took it, just like they took win"will hold against 10,000 if garrisoned by 500"terfell. The North was fucked, an army of 80,000 Tyrells and 50,000 Lannisters and thousands more from he crownlands, reach, repenting rivermen would've marched north after Stannis got BTFO

>Aegon did it once you fucktard
Aegon had dragons and conquered all kingdoms except Dorne, while Tywin couldn't even beat northerners in riverlands. Nice comparison nigger.
>a few ironmen took it
That's because they took it from the north side. From the south it's impregnable.

>muh dragons
doesn't add up darling, aegon still had to extend his supply lines, how would he have done it?
>tywin couldn't beat northmen in the riverlands
Except he did at the green fork and was only forced on the retreat because Jaime scattered his army into 3 camps and got ambushed + Renly and Stannis put him into a tough position which forced him to bide his time, ultimately winning the war

Robb had 7,000 and the north was being ravaged by ironmen, how do you suggest he would defend moat cailin while marching north? even if he put all the few dudes he had at Moat cailin it wouldn't last a month against more than 100,00 loyalists with a supply line. Robb was done fucked after Stannis lost the siege. It was a matter of time before Tywin gave Winterfell the Castamere treatment.

also forgot to add that Catelyn described moat cailin as a fucking gate with no walls and 3 half-destroyed towers. Fuck off, the moat was useless at the age of trebuchets. It's stories are from the age of andals, thousands of years before catelyn shit out robb.

>"a peaceful land, a quiet people"
someone explain this to me?

Tactics is ultimately more useful than strategy though. A good strategist will ultimately be defeated if the odds are sufficiently strong against him, a good tactician can win so many battles with such overwhelming strength that he wins the war, (Alexander the Great). A good strategist never enters a war with the odds against them, but that wasn't possible, so if you are outnumbered you need tactics to win (Belisarius, Yi Sun-Shin).

>Battle of Guagamela
>Battle of Okehazama
>Battle of Cerami
>Battle of Tours

Aegon never conquered the north, King Tohhren Stark bent the knee to him after harrenhal and the field of fire showed the price of resisting. There's even a mercenary company in Essos made up of a few minor nobles and their descendents who refused to bend the knee to the sister fucker and fled Westeros called the Company of the Rose

different wars and different situations, some even don't really apply to what you said (Alexander, he was as good a strategist as a tactician, and his enemies were monkeys). Robb's war with the lannisters wasn't winnable through tactics. He scored victory after victory and still lost, just like old Pyrrhus did in Italy. He didn't know how to play the strategy game and was too retarded to strike while the iron is hot and too proud to listen to the advice of older lords or give command to Roose in his place.

And what about the infamous pro sellswords called Golden Company?

Didnt Robb have closer to 30000 men?

>30,000
No. Not even in the highest and best points of his campaign did Robb's force exceed 22,000. Robb started the campaign with around 19,000 mustered from the north, the largest warhost in his army was Rickard Karstark's from Karhold with 4000. His force was bolstered by Rivermen and Seagards and 4000 Freys and absorbed the remnants of two routed riverland armies, but he still suffered around 6,000 casualties in his first several engagements with the Lannisters. From there every 'victory' was pyrrhic and pointless. The only victories for Robb that meant anything were the whispering ford (capture of Jaime) and the capture of Harrenhal by Roose. If someone smart like Roose was in charge at that point he would've used Jaime immediately to force Tywin to surrender or peace out, or marched south of the trident and cut off Tywin's retreat and encircled him, or marched on the westerlands and casterly rock while Tywin was stuck in the east.

Also at the point when Robb starts retreating, he has less than 7,000. He was abandoned by 3 senior lords, including the Karstarks, which he deserved.

It's a roose quote from the books, where he isn't as much a cartoon villain as he is in the show
>Roose: People fear you.
>Ramsay: Good.
>Roose: You are mistaken. It is not good. No tales were ever told of me. Do you think I would be sitting here if it were otherwise? Your amusements are your own, I will not chide you on that count, but you must be more discreet. A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule. Make it yours.

>where he isn't as much a cartoon villain as he is in the show
I don't know about that, he's like a vampire and extremely obviously evil.

wasn't there a 10k + purely riverlands army around at one point? my memory isn't the best

>Robb was winning the war
No, Robb was doomed the second Stannis failed to take King's Landing and the Lannister-Tyrell alliance was signed. He had the Reach (Tyrells), the Westerlands (Lannisters), the Crownlands (King's Landing), and the Stormlands (Baratheon lords who surrendered to Joffrey after Blackwater) all against him. The Reach alone had more soldiers than Robb. They also had all the food, and the North had none.

Anyone still supporting Robb after Blackwater was an idiot.

I mean actions wise
he's based if you look things his perspective with the books. In the show no one would really know who Roose is until season 3, his air time iirc was low before

The War of Four Kings and One Queen:

Stannis Baratheon
Euron Greyjoy
Aegon Targaryen
Tommen Lannister

and
Daenerys Targaryen

>Tactics is ultimately more useful than strategy

whats the difference?

Why would Robb go to the Riverlands to seek military aid from a House he betrayed by breaking his marriage pact, instead of going to the Vale and getting his Aunt's support?

in the context of war, tactics how the actual battles are fought, strategy is the overall campaign and logistical management, choosing what battles to fight, etc.

robb got the support only because he made a promise to the Freys, not after. And Lysa made it clear to Cat that she was not going to raise a finger and wanted to keep her power consolidated in the Vale, she was very wary.

>Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory, tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. t. sun tzu
Strategy wins against tactics in all scenarios. I invite you to name a conflict where that proved otherwise

>"Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother."

OHHHHH RAMSAY BTFO.

why did Roose like to cuck his son so much

Robb was doomed the moment he crowned himself King. That was folly.

Roose is on a level of irl shitposting we could only ever dream of.

Pemulwuy's War (New South Wales, 1790-1802)

how will ramsay ever recover?

Robb had good strategy, what with trying to draw Tywin away into the Westerlands and away from Kingslanding, but he was bad at managing his lords and generals. His orders to Edmure were too vague. He should have been very specific that he must not take to the field at all but remain within his walls.

>crowned himself
he didn't crown himself, greatjon umber lost his shit and started calling him king at Riverrun, everyone else followed

all but 2 of those guys are dead now.
"where have all the good men gone...?"

MODS MODS

WE WERE ONLY HAVING FUN
WASN'T HURTING ANYONE

Let his bannermen crown him then, rather than speak decisively and command them.

More like the episode. Based Dillane triggering GOTfags

no... pls..

>tfw the entire situation could've been avoided if based big fish was in the hall instead of in bed with cancer

>Based

He is directly responsible for everything that goes wrong for the riverlands and the north.

>burns bridges with his daughter who is likely to become regent of the Vale when her very old husband dies, ensuring she will never come to his aid
>Doesn't marry Edmure off to get alliances, bearing in mind there are at this point three male Tully's, himself, Brynden (Possibly gay, certainly a bachelor) and Edmure. This means that his house is almost extinquished
>So massively fucks up the riverlands campaign before the north gets involved that there are only a few thouand riverland forces (not including Freys and Mallisters) left when Robb lifts the siege of Riverrun
>didn't pay attention to his wards, allowing Petyrs crush on Catlyn to get out of control and Lysa to rape him, causing petyr to go full supervillain
>didn't bother getting involved in Kingslanding polictics despite the fact that he is the focal point of the alliance that brought down the mad king

Hostur was a complete failure

>burns bridges
he didn't though she was just a bitch

Forcing her moontea and fobbing her off to Jon Aryn, a sixty year old, whilst understandable in terms of "Women must be virgins before marriage" medievel thing, is a prettu sickenng act and made her hate her father

Technically he didn't really crown himself, Lord Umber crowned him and he was too excited/angry/sad to think rationally. Remember in the books he's only 16 and even in the show he's only 19 or 20 at that point.

He didn't burn bridges, she was just a complete nutcase who only cared about Littlefinger's cock. Hoster did a brilliant job as part of the Stark-Arryn-Baratheon-Tully conspiracy that was set in motion long before Robert's Rebellion started. It's not his fault that Lysa was bonkers. And Petyr was always going to go full supervillain from the moment he lost that duel to Brandon Stark. He doesn't care about Lysa Tully raping him.

>didn't bother getting involved in Kingslanding polictics despite the fact that he is the focal point of the alliance that brought down the mad king
This is actually a fair point.

And what has Domeric Bolton to do with Robb Stark and his death? Domeric did nothing wrong.

not much else he could do

No I agree, but if he had paid attention earlier that some lesser lordling was kissing his daughters he might have put a stop to it before it got out of control and caused everything to do with Brandon's duel

He is described as looking oddly young for a man his age, and cold eyes.

Never knew till now that Roose Bolton is muscular. Wow he has nice biceps and chest, does Roose workout?

Michael McElhatton was just casted too well for me to really care that he didn't look like book Bolton
His way of speaking did it
His lines helped as well, trolling people left and right

The Emu war in Australia

SNITCH SNITCH
BITCH BITCH
SNITCH BITCH PUNK ASS MOTHERFUCKER

tfw you will never sound like roose

What is it with irish people having bad ass voices

>Roose bolton
>Mance
>Beric Dondarrion
>Varys

mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/ian-mcshane-tells-game-thrones-7559609
Ian McShane being based, wanted to play against his old pals but they were already offed, so he wanted to die in the show as well

I'm Irish and I sound like an autistic faggot.

its just fan art
his description is "ordinary sized and looking, soft-face features and completely hiarless aside from his head hair which is long (if I remember well), and pale gloomy eyes, and very pale skin".