Zootopia

Tonight's the night

Other urls found in this thread:

e621.net/pool/show/8263
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It should go to Kubo and the Two Strings, but it probably will go to Zootopia.

fpbp

The one thing going for Kubo here is momentum and award history. Kubo won the BAFTA award, and the only time that the awards have been different winners was with the Lego movie, and that's only because it didn't even make the shortlist for the Oscars in the ultimate snub.

>Disney wins the Disney Award
WHAT A SHOCK!

I hope Moana wins best song/music or whatever the category is

I wonder where Juddy will hide that oscar...

In Hollywood, Oscars are Bunnies.

They'll give it to LaLaLand or whatever

Moana deserves it more. Both had pretty standard plots but Moana had more impressive animation. But if it even wins it will be because the main character is brown

I don't think that beats the fact that Disney has won the award in this category pretty much every time.

Seriously, the voters are made of people who work in Hollywood. Why would they not vote for themselves and instead vote for some fucking chinese shit no one saw?

You mean because Moana is cute! CUTE!

>Caring about Oscars
>Caring about Oscars for animation

They literally don't even watch the fucking movies

Zootopia had a fox who we're all pretty sure is gay. It has to win

Everyone in this movie was fucking gay

Even the gay couple

>don't want Disney to continues its near monopoly of the animation award
>but think Zootopia is actually a really great film

He's gay? I thought you all wanted him to fuck the rabbit.

Kubo only deserves technical awards.

It doesn't deserve it. The music was weak for a Disney movie.

At least it won't be Moana

We do

After he's been given a good dicking

>not considering the coconut

We want him to fuck the rabbit, and we want to see him slut it up with guys too.

are we talking about Nick or Gideon? Cause Gideon is gay. Nick might be gay, though we all want him to fuck the rabbit

Shit, I totally forgot about Gideon. He did seem pretty gay.

Consider shoving the coconut up your ass

Fox with southern accent who bullies kids when he is younger and grows up to be a pastry chef with the gay director's haircut. He's gay

Im just hope that Moana doesn't win. All the other movies I have seen I genuinely enjoyed. (I haven't seen Zucchini.)

>it's a "Disney/Pixar movie wins Best Animation Award"
Whooooooooooooa

>It's an "asian movie that no one watched wins Best Animation Award"
aooooooooooohW

>Then he said "HEY, UP YOUR BUTT WIT' A COCONUT!"
>I think he was prepared to do it, too!

If you're talking about Your Name, it already surpassed Spirited Away in box office, which was an oscar winner.

Only normies think that an Oscar in Animation matters when Academy Members have been documented saying that they don't even watch the movies but vote based on what their kids like or the bigger brand name like Disney. The Oscars are a fucking joke

And to add, I legitimately hope it doesn't get the Oscar.

If Moana wins, it'll be Brave all over again.

Nigga if you want Your Na- Okay
Because Your Name was actually just "good" at best.
Cute, but not Spirited Away.

It's certainly better than Zootopia, that's for sure
Can't say anything about Kubo since I haven't watched it yet

kimi no wa is not among the selection for the oscar. It was a candidate for nomination, but did not become one of the final nominees.

>Reminder that Disney has only won that award twice.

you are correct but Zootopia winning over it isn't a massive travesty like some I could mention

I would argue that Zootopia was better. Your Name was 1h 47m of "Oh, that's gonna be cool when they do the thing they're gonna do" followed by "That was the worse option from a storytelling aspect." and "Is the movie done yet?"
Besides, Zootopia had a message. Can you say the same about Your Name?
What's the lesson?
What is the takeaway?

don't

>>It's an "asian movie that no one watched wins Best Animation Award"
that won't happen, don't you know that the members of the Academy are on record that they 'don't watch that ching-chong crap'?

I haven't seen this yet, is it really that good?

Don't mess with Maui when he's on the breakaway?

No it wasn't faggot, I will end you.

I'm actually watching it right now.
45 minutes in: It's cute, but clearly meant for younger audiences

>Nick suggestively putting his arm around Judy's waist

The whole body language in this exact moment makes it clear that they'll become fuck buddies

Moana is one of the better Disney animated movies released in the last few years though. Tangled, Zootopia and Wreck it Ralph are all marginally better than it but it still beats out Big Hero 6, Princess and the Frog, Winnie the Pooh, Chicken fucking Little, Bolt and other shite Disney has released in the last 15 years.

AND THE TAPESTRY HERE ON MY SKIN
SHOWS THE PROOF THAT "YOUR NAME" IS A SIN

IT WON

YEAHHHHHHHHHH BUDDDYYYY

Which award was it?

Best animated feature. Beat out Moana.

Ayyyyyyyyyy

>near monopoly

Disney did not win until "Frozen" in I think 2014.

Figures Zootopia wins. Best Animated Oscar is such a throwaway award. It goes to the most popular animated movie of the year. Zero consideration goes into the actual art of the movie.

BTFO

Zootopia was the most technically complex animated feature of the year.

yeah, but I was assuming it would have gone to moana for having the VERY FIRST POLYNESIAN PRINCESS. all the normies who vote on this shit probably didn't even watch the movies and didn't realize the complex themes about race and racism

Great!

>all the normies who vote on this shit probably didn't even watch the movies
Wasn't that basically proven a while ago? I saw a transcript from some interview with the voters, and everything in the animation section was "My kids wanted to see this one" or "I didn't watch any of these, but Disney is good".

The Academy should hire more NEETs.

He was supporting her because her leg was still jacked up.

But yes, they probably hook up when off duty.

>...Nick...your pawing my floof
>I know, carrots.
>giggle

who wants a diverse princess when you can have a bunny cop in a tight formfitting uniform? Hollywood has furries, they voted with their cocks

You really think sex appeal was the tipping factor?

>Meanwhile on Sup Forums

Today is a good day.

Haha, what a bunch of salty fags.

You didn't learn from the lion king and pocahontas case, isn't it?

Zootopia was a good, if grossly overrated, film. Kubo, on the other hand, was pretty mediocre in terms of story.
This is not a surprising result.

lots of talented actresses who show their tits win oscars, so yes. Its brilliant really. Showing your tits doesn't make you a good actress, but everyone wants to see tits. So hollywood incentivized soft core nudity by pretending it was art.

>pretty mediocre in terms of story.
I can't figure out where this meme came from and why only Sup Forums seems to spout it.

Never seen Sup Forums say anything about the movie, to be honest. That was just what I felt after watching it.

I felt the same way about Song of the Sea as well, but that was more disappointing since I saw people singing its praises.

>Yeah, don't think I didn't notice that little item the first time we met.

Who gets to keep the Oscar?

Flash.

I'd watch Flash reading the oscar winner

post the wedding comic.

Fixed it.

And... The...

I thought Kubo had a fine story. It was the characters that fell completely flat.

Me too, I enjoyed Secret of Kells a lot more, watch that.

very nice

BRB making my first trip ever to Sup Forums
heheheheheheh

speak for yourself

:333

With Kaguya losing to that piece of shit Big Hero 6, I've just come to accept that no animated film, no matter how good, can beat any big budget Disney/Pixar work.

>Kimi No Na Wa not nominated for Best Animated Feature

If Sup Forums was salty about this, I can easily see why after watching Kimi No Na Wa last year

Wasn't that year also Song of the Sea nominated? That BH6 win was seriously a spit in the face to the entire animation industry.

Yep.

>lots of talented actresses who show their tits win oscars
If you look at the last 30 years, more than half went to "showed tits" or "ugly girl." It's a lock the way it is for dudes who play some kind of cripple.

I still hope Moana wins because I liked the songs.

>But yes, they probably hook up when off duty.
e621.net/pool/show/8263

Trump's election secured Zootopia would win over Moana.

you must be 18+ to post on Sup Forums outside Sup Forums