ALL I WANT ARE MORE MOVIES LIKE THIS

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
I PAY MY TAXES.
I VOTE.
I OBEY THE LAW.
I'M A GOOD PERSON.
WHY WON'T THEY MAKE A SEQUEL TO MASTER AND COMMANDER?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cr8UetB-iVc
thelandmarkancienthistories.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can you pitch it to me as a superhero movie?

no one with a brain does any of those things yo

why would they make a movie that half of the populace would never understand?

maybe it's because it's a boring movie?

>boring
Not enough collapsing buildings and flying meme heroes?

MEME Sup Forums MOVIE. AVOID IT. EVEN THAT MOBY DICK FLICK WITH THOR IS BETTER

Because in 2017 it would be about a female captain who overcomes the sexism of her superiors to free the slaves of the Caribbean and wins the respect of her crew.

Hornblower

I've seen it. I want more new stuff. And no meme pirates either.

t. roastie

I tried watching this. Oh my gosh it was fucking boring. Just dudes sitting around talking and talking.

>feminist boogeyman

>a woman on Sup Forums
what are the odds?

I'm sorry but I didn't get this movie.

>I'M A BORING PERSON GIVE ME MORE BORING MOVIES!

lol

It's okay, you're necessary for the survival of the species.

sup reddit

please be in london

anybody else think this still is just so fucking cool? this picture is like cooler than the actual movie itself

I'm here too. The changes are pretty likely. I think is just baiting, though. Can't say I've ever seen a genuine 'gosh'.

W E E V I L S
E
E
V
I
L
S

I want a Mutiny on the Bounty film that's not a hundred fucking years old

This, gets bit by a radioactive violin

>Weevil is weevil. Lesser, greater, middling… makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one weevil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

Check out Das Boot if you haven't already. It's bretty gud.

In the words of an awful man, "be the change you want to see in the world". Get working on the screenplay and kickstarter for your reboot.

>Sup Forums's favorite film is a homoerotic movie about a relationship between the ships captain and his doctor

top kek

>Sup Forums's favorite film
Isn't that Drive?
>relationship between the ships captain and his doctor
It sells, can't argue with that.

>it's an "user feigns ignorance about current events" episode

I agree

The cancellation of Rome hit me hard

>Roasties can't understand friendship so have to label it "bromance" or "homoerotic"

And yet chick flicks are a thing.

MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY
U
T
I
N
Y

O
N

T
H
E

B
O
U
N
T
Y

Homoeroticism unironically makes movies better and more masculine, see Lawrence of Arabia

youtube.com/watch?v=cr8UetB-iVc

Moby Dick is good

People wore capes back then.

>LE MANLY 4CHIN KINO
kys

It's like Iron Man, but with a boat instead of a suit, and because of the technology level it takes a whole crew to run it.

Can we replace the captain with a jewish woman?

LONDON

Because Russell Crowe can only be safely winched onto container ships nowadays, the big fat bastard. Kind of spoils the atmosphere.

Max Pirkis was so cute in that shirtless scene

When life gives me weevils I remember this movie.

It all boils down to money. Master and Commander simply didn't bring in enough at the box office. $200 million in sales vs $150 million budget

So when it comes to a choice between making money or making art, a studio will choose money nearly every time.

LEL

HES SAYING YOUR COMMENT EXHIBITS A LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF THE MOVIE IN THE WAY YOU DESCRIBED THE CHARACTER DYNAMIC

Check out the HORNBLOWER TV series. It's pretty good.

Master and Commander: The Near Side of the World?

That exists. It's called Taboo.

Boogeyman implies it's unfounded, feminism is undeniably affecting all forms of media right now, you're delusional.

mmmmmm

>was a dumb teenager when the movie came out
>thought it was one of those "boring movies"
>english teacher made our class watch it
>was dreading it
>it was actually incredibly good

We watched Blackadder Goes Fourth when learning about The Great War

You should read some history. TV/Film is a trash medium because it needs to make money and is expensive to make, so it's rare to find stuff that's good and not compromised in some way. Meanwhile in books, even in the oldest ones there is good shit that still can resonate with a modern person. I was reading Xenophon's Hellenika last night and this part gave me feels:

>There was a man of Cyzicus, Apollophanes, who happened to have been for a long time the guest-friend of Pharnabazos and who had recently become a guest-friend of Agesilaos also. He told Agesilaos that he thought he could convince Pharnabazos to confer with him about a treaty of friendship. When Agesilaos responded positively, Apollophanes procured a truce and pledges and brought Pharnabazos to an agreed-upon place where Agesilaos, with the thirty around him, was stretched out on a grassy part of the land and awaiting him. Pharnabazos arrived wearing clothing that was worth a great deal of gold, and as his servants placed embroidered carpets beneath him, on which the Persians, with their soft style of living, are accustomed to sit, Pharnabazos noticed the spare and simple outfit of Agesilaos. Ashamed of indulging in such luxury, he lay down just as he was next to him on the ground.

*Guest-friend: a formal type of reciprocal-hospitality relationship between men from different states.

>First the two men greeted each other, and then Phanabazos stretched out his hand, as did Agesilaos in return. After that, Pharnabazos (for he was the older of the two) began the conversation: "Agesilaos and all you Spartans who are here present, I was your friend and ally when you were at war with the Athenians, and by giving you funds, I made your navy strong, and at the same time I myself on horseback fought with your army and drove the enemy into the sea. Nor could you accuse me, as you did Tissaphernes, of ever having said or done anything duplicitous toward you. Yet although I behaved like that, I now am treated by you in such a way that I cannot even find food in my own land unless, like the wild beasts, I gather up what you yourselves have left behind. When I look at what my father left to me, those things in which I used to take pleasure---the fine dwellings, and parks full of tress and wild animals---I find that some have been cut down while others have been burned to the ground. So then if I am ignorant of what is holy and just, explain to me how these actions of yours are those of men who know how to show gratitude."

you sound as if you've been worked into a shoot, if you catch my meaning

>So he spoke, and all the thirty felt ashamed before him and were silent. Agesilaos, however, eventually said, "Well, Pharnabazos, I think you know that even in the cities of Greece men become guest-friends with one another, but when their cities become enemies, men fight with their fatherlands against even their guest-friends, and if they happen to meet, they sometimes kill one another. Now we are at war with your King, and we are therefore compelled to consider all that he possesses as hostile to us. It would, however, be worth everything to us if you would be our friend. Now if it were simply a matter of your exchanging one master for another---the King for us Spartans, I mean---I would not advise you to do this. But as it is, there is the possibility for you to be our ally and to bow before no one---to have no master but, rather, to live enjoying the fruits of what is yours. And let me say that I think that being free is equal to any amount of money. But we are not asking you to be free and poor but, rather, that by using us as your allies, you may increase not the King's empire but your own, conquering those who are your fellow slaves and thereby making them subject to you. And if you were at the same time wealthy and free, would there be anything missing to prevent you from being fortunate in every way?"

It is fucking cool user. This is why we need more films like this.

>To This Pharnabazos replied, "Shall I tell you in fact what I am going to do?" When Agesilaos said that this would be most fitting, Pharnabazos continued: "Well, now, if the King sends another commander and makes me subject to him, I will choose to be your friend and ally. If, however, he appoints me to be in charge of this realm (so great a thing, it seems, is the desire for honor), know that I shall fight against you to the best of my ability." Agesilaos took his hand upon hearing this and said, "You are a man of honor, and since you are such, I would very much wish that you were our friend. But in any case you may rest assured on one count: I will now depart from your land as swiftly as I can, and in the future, even if there is a a state of war between us, we shall keep away from you and your territory, at least as long as we have someone else against whom we can campaign."

No feels here, it's just a simple meeting. The descriptions of the plague of Athens on the other hand are pure distilled kino

t. woman

Can someone explain this movie to me? I just can't seem to understand it.

PANTIES ON HEAD

>"So there's this supervillain terrorizing Europe, he's called France, and a scrappy team of lesser heroes must join forces to defeat him. One of them is a rich business guy with cool toys who funds everything, that's Britain. This other one's a washed up ex-champ with a chip on his shoulder, bit of a bad boy, but has the coolest outfits; that's Prussia. There's this guy - Austria - who's a bit of a ladiesman; a smooth talker, but a bit of a wimp. Finally, there's the big guy (our Hulk if you will) who's a bit dim but's tough as nails, his name's Russia and he's got icy superpowers. The team name? The Coalition."

I tell you it'll be the next Avengers

I'm gonna look into this one. Any other recs?

you sound like an angry beta
>I was nice to you
>I deserve to date you!!
>fucking roasties
>reeeeeeeeeee

>tfw this type of old sea warfare is your favorite type of movie
>there must be like 3 of them around

kill me

You should read Herodotus and Thucydides first. Xenophon is a continuation of those. I'll warn you that Herodotus goes on tangents particularly in Book 2 about Egypt. The Landmark Series are the good editions of these books. thelandmarkancienthistories.com/

>*good editions
didn't mean to say that they were the only good editions

I appreciate it.

Das Boot

>ywn live on a Spanish galleon

just kidding. Life at sea was awful. Id rather live in 17th century Prussia

>dim wit
>not prussia

CUM TOGETHA

>every Tarantino movie

18th century prussia was better fag

Apparently it is too much to ask. Plebs don't like it for obvious reasons, but what's more interesting is the number of supposed "intelligent people" who don't like it. Not saying anyone on this board is intelligent, but just look at all the people in thread don't like it/don't get it. It seems patricians are made to suffer at the hands of the masses and their entertainers.

Why were they all so cute lads? i want to be masculine AND cute at the same time